Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

No treatments for me.

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi goodprognosis. I think of Cindy often and miss her very much. One of the strongest, kindest people I ever had the pleasure and honor of getting to know. I hope you're doing well.

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi Leggo.

Yes, doing well (TG). Three years NED now. Wow....wow...wow!!!!!!!

I follow all my stage IV sisters on other threads. Been thinking about Cindy-Rose lately - still miss her terribly....

I love your Avatar Leggo. Is that your little bowler?

Wishing you good health, and pain free days always.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited November 2015
    Options

Reminds me how I would check 2 or 3 times a day to look for posts from Cindyrose or her sister.

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thank you for the good wishes. So happy you're doing well. Three years! Awesome! Keep it up. Yes, that's my bratty dog, Max. Quite the handful and keeps me on my toes.

Almost serendipitous that I saw the bumped thread. Thank you for doing that. Every time I'm feeling poorly and defeated, I think of Cindy and Pam....then I nip my whining in the bud. Love them both so very much and grateful that they always kept it real.

Take good care of yourself and big hugs and love to you.

• 2ATHENA2
    2ATHENA2 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    Options

I CANNOT FIND GOOD INFORMATION ON SURVIVAL RATES.  STAGE 4 BREAST CANCER DIAGNOSED CHRISTMAS 2005. BONE MESTSTASIS 2010.(ONCOLOGIST  TOLD ME  I MISSED MY FUNERAL BY 2 WEEKS.)  LIVER METASTASIS 2012.(CANCER COMPLETELY RESECTED LEFT LOBE. PATHOLOGIST THOUGHT I HAD SURGERY.  LIVER AGAIN 2015.  WHEN DOES IT END? MY QUALITY OF LIFE IS THAT OF AN INVALID TAKING CARE OF HERSELF.  OSTEOPOROSIS BROKE ALL OF MY BONES FROM PUBIC AND HIPS TO NECK AND HEAD. ARMS AND LEGS WORK. MISSING SEVERAL VERTEBRAE. BACK HAS GAP. MY MUSCLES HOLD ME UP. MY PARENTS TAKE ME TO DOCTOR ONCE A MONTH (THEY ARE 80 YRS.) HUSBAND HAS JOB ON THE ROAD. LOOKS FOR SOMETHING ELSE BUT MY PRE-EXISTING CONDITION PRECLUDES MOST JOBS THAT HE COULD GET. I HAD TO GIVE MY TWO GIRLS TO MY HUSBAND'S SISTER TO RAISE, SEVERAL STATES AWAY. PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED VISITING. IT IS ALL VERY EXCITING FOR NEIGHBORS IN THE BEGINNING AND PEOPLE PROMISE ALL SORTS OF HELP. SURVIVING 10 YEARS THOUGH, THEY CRAWL BACK INTO THEIR OWN LIVES, FIGURING THEY HAVE DONE ENOUGH, RIGHT? I AM IN A SMALL TOWN BECAUSE WE COULD AFFORD A HOUSE HERE. THERE ARE NO CANCER SUPPORT GROUPS THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO SPEND THE DAY TRAVELLING TO, IF I COULD FIND A RIDE. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE BECAUSE OF BACK, MEDICINAL ISSUES, ETC.

WHEN DOES IT END?

• 2ATHENA2
    edited January 2016
    Options

HAVE YOU SURVIVED?  PASSED ON?

• goodprognosis
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi 2ATHENA2

Sadly the person who created this thread has indeed passed on. Cindy-Rose died just over 2 years ago.

This has not been an active thread for some time. May I suggest that you search through the Stage IV threads. There are many places to post where others will come to your support who are also Stage IV.

I am so sorry you are feeling so alone. The topic below is a very good one and you will find others with stories very much like yours. The moderators created it.

Best of luck and I hope someone on the Stage IV boards will see this post and reply to you. All the sisters on those boards are very kind and helpful, especially to newbies like yourself.

Hugs to you . Here's a link.

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Would you share your Stage IV story with us?

• 2ATHENA2
    edited January 2016
    Options

I AM NEW AND DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE "THREADS" AND "DEAD THREADS".  JUST BECAUSE ONE PERSON PASSES DO THE PEOPLE WHO HAD THE SAME CONCERN HAVE TO DROP THE IDEA AND WANDER AWAY? HOW DOES IT WORK?

• goodprognosis
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi 2ATHENA2

It's not that people just drop the threads. It's just that some threads largely become inactive when the one who started the thread passes.

You can of course post on this thread as much as you like. I just suggested trying other threads because they are more popular and therefore it's more likely that people will drop in to the more active threads and therefore see your questions and concerns and you're likely to meet those in a similar boat to yourself.

I'm not qualified to answer any questions for you as you will see from my diagnoses below, I'm Stage 1A (so far, TG).

There is no fast rule that you have to post on any particular thread, (except those like myself who are not Stage IV are asked to respect the Stage IV threads and not post). I was always allowed to post on this thread because I became close to Cindy-Rose who started the thread and so I was accepted.

If you want you can continue to post here though many of our Stage IV sisters may not see your posts.

Why don't you start a thread yourself? I haven't done that so I'm not sure how it's done but if you PM the Moderators, they will tell you how to do it.

Best of luck, wherever you decide to post. I know you've been through a lot and there are many others in similar positions to you on the Stage IV threads.

Lots of hugs to you.

GP

• Mamiya
    Mamiya Member Posts: 151
    edited January 2016
    Options

2ATHENA2: if you go to the upper left and select "all topics" then find the one that looks like it would be related to what you want to post/ask/say, click on that and you should see a maroon button near the top that says "start a new topic", click there and you will start your own thread in that category and it will then show up in "active topics" so people will see it and hopefully you will get some good helpful responses. One other thing, it is very difficult to read posts that are done in ALL CAPS so it would be better to try not to post that way if possible.

Oh, also, once you've done that, go to the top of your new thread and select "add to my favorites" so you will get notified when someone replies.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Athena, I am sorry for what you are going thru.

In regards to how the forum sort of operates, tho some threads fade out, new threads are continually being created. All you would have to do to start one is click on the "start new topic" link and copy and paste your post above explaining what you are experiencing to it. You will get responses. Subject matter does not have to fade away, but it may have to be renewed. I start new threads whenever I'm looking for answers, support or advice.
  • GraceDD
    GraceDD Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2017
    Options

Yay, Cindy, you're my hero and I'm right in your camp! Planning to do the same thing. Not enough time right now to elaborate, but I will later... As a meditator, I am "observing" the changing reality of this path, as my plan. Others I have known have used this technique for peaceful, happy, pain-free passings, smilingly... Such ancient wisdom, so well documented in many books. 25-years ago, I quit chemo half-way through (It was the thing killing me!) and I refused Radiation from the beginning. Yes, surgery twice. Just finishing 8-months of vegan juicing and enema therapy, a few months shy of "1-year Dx anniversary". Hoping I will stick with basically drug-free plan, as time unfolds. Last year, with bone-shatter, a pain med, Gabapentin, eased the pain, without numbing my mind, or being narcotic. I still have a nice supply, just incase. (PS, I'm not in hospice yet, but accept the inevitable trajectory, and am getting my ducks in a row, again..). Tons of love and cheering for you!

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi GraceDD,

I don't think this thread is still active. The original poster, Cindy, passed away in 2013. You may want to consider starting a new topic or search for an existing topic that is similar. Good luck to you. (Hugs))