Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2013

Hi...I hope everyone's been doing well.

I was thinking (never a good thing, sometimes quite scary), but what if we made a "Friends of Cindy-Rose" thread, both to honor Cindy and to keep up with each other? What do you think?

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited October 2013

Wonder if we could just keep posting here on this thread ... we have been here with Cin and each other for over a year, and this thread kind of feels like "home" in a way to me ... don't know if anyone else feels that way, but I sure do want to keep up with all of you, and we are otherwise scattered all over other threads.

Honoring Cindy tonight, keeping Elaine and Rick and family in my prayers. May you all have peace tonight.

• itsjustme10
    edited October 2013

That would work - I just wasn't sure whether it was respectful or not...and I didn't want to do anything that would hurt Rick or Elaine, if they do sign on to check the board. I trust your judgement, so I"m good with that. :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited October 2013

I don't think Rick or Elaine would mind. If they do, I hope they let us know. Cindy was just such an inspiration to us all.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    edited October 2013
    I would like to continue to stop by & say hello. Such a loving group here brought together by our love & caring for Cindy & her family. Cindy was certainly an inspiration to me.... >>>> Val
  • CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited October 2013

I have been away from the forum for a few weeks...

i knew if i came looking here...what id find.

Cindy didnt know me well... but i felt her

I didnt know cindy well....i hope she felt me.

From the first day i came here she was so welcoming and gave me hope

I want to thank you Cindy for that gift.

Death is never the end...but it is a goodbye.

Goodbye Cindy..

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2013

Athena brought this thread to my attention, and I have been so uplifted by reading all of the lovely posts. Athena is no longer with us, and now we have lost Cindy. But oh, how much richer we are for having known them! My sincere condolences to Cindy's family, and to everyone who was touched by her courageous spirit.

Rose.

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited October 2013

Other than getting to chat with Cindy and her family, I have to admit I never really engaged in conversation with you all to get to know you a little better. For me this thread was always about Cindy. It would have just been too weird for me to engage others without Cindy, but you all were always in my thoughts. If any of you that I've come to know as the sweet caring people you are, by your posts on this thread, happen to start a new thread for us, I'd love to join you there. You really are a special group. Love you all. I know Cindy and Athena are sharing a bowl of m&m's out there somewhere.

Rick, Elaine, I don't know if you still read here, but I hope you guys are finding peace as the days go by. Cindy made such a difference in my life and she will always have a piece of my heart.

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited October 2013

What a lovely post Celine. Straight from the heart.

I am thinking of all you courageous ladies out there and hoping your days are filled with hope and peace.

I'm sure we will all continue to feel the sadness of the loss of Cindy. I will pray for her family on the 19th.

I'm not certain, at this stage, if I will continue to post here - there is such a void without Cindy. But I will always be thinking of all the wonderful people I met here and will drop by, even if I stop posting.

God bless you all.

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2013

Hello Dear Wonderful Ladies,

I have been immensely frustrated with my cell phone lately -I pop in here often but still cannot post from my phone =0( I firmly believe with all of my heart that Cindy would be honored to have this thread continue ... she told me on a few occasions "When I die, things will change up for a while. But life goes on." So, while her loss is deeply felt, our lives continue. Why should we not continue to share our struggles and victories with each other here? I feel like it honors her to keep going what she started.

I respect that some may not feel this way -but if you're on the fence, so to speak, and not sure if it would be ok with others, please know it does not offend us to carry on what she began. As Linda said, we would have a tough time trying to keep up with each other sifting through the different threads we're on. We're like family here =0) Better than family ~we chose each other!

Love & Happiness

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited October 2013

Hi Elaine, good to hear from you and thanks for letting us continue with this thread.

I'm still waiting for biopsy results 13 days and counting, I hope I hear soon.

Hope everyone is doing ok and finding a little bit of sunshine.

I went to my cancer centre last week and after having relaxation class I got talking to a lady. She was bald, very thin and feeling very depressed. It was her birthday that day and I wanted to make her smile because she was so sad. It turned out we were the same age and had the same cancer, same oncologist and everything else.

When we finished chatting she looked like a different person and her depression had lifted. Having someone to talk to is such a blessing when you have cancer.

That's how I felt, then I met Cindy on here and she made me feel so much better.

Love and hugs xxx

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Elaine, thank you so very much for your kind comments. If we can continue to honor Cindy by our support for each other here, you can count me in. We will continue to support you and Rick here as well if you want/need, and we would love to hear from you as often as you can. I want to know how the family is doing and want to continue to send love and support to you all. I am interested in how your career is progressing - especially as you enter it with your experiences with Cin and those of us here. You have such an opportunity to make such a difference in so many lives!

Ali, you are so right that it is good to have someone to talk with sometimes. And interestingly, sometimes I really don't think I want to talk to anyone about my issues because they are really beginning to bore even ME, but when there is a sympathetic ear, someone who has a similar path, it is easier sometimes to share. So often I have felt really down, but then I come to the boards here, and there is such support across the miles, all over the world .... women, just like me .... we are in this life together, some of us are experiencing BC together, some are experiencing domestic violence, some war, some job issues .... the list goes on and on and on ... it is the human experience that we share. Reaching out to someone like you did is probably as helpful, if not more so, to YOU as to the woman who received your love. You gave her a moment in which she could focus on something positive rather than the ugliness. You yourself have had such a rough path, it is gratifying to offer help to another, yes? It validates that YOU are a strong and loving woman, you are surviving all that life has tossed at you the last couple of years, and yet you are able to continue giving. This is the spirit that our beloved Cindy exemplified so well.

Leggo and Goodprognosis, I understand your feelings about engaging with others here. We have occasionally shared some of our stories WITH Cindy, and so we know a little bit about each other to begin with. Some we know better from other threads. When the time comes for me to make the same journey Cindy did, IF I start a thread asking for support, I would welcome stories from others because that is what allows me to engage in a friendship - sharing is a 2-way street. And so I think we have shared our stories with Cindy as she has shared hers with us. So if you feel comfortable hanging out here, great, and if you don't, you will still be loved and we will run into you on other threads.

Again, thank you Elaine. We will continue to honor Cindy-Rose each day, along with others like Athena, who have given so much of themselves to help others, despite their daily life challenges. May you find moments of peace even through the grief and loss. Things WILL change, and life DOES go on.

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited October 2013

Elaine, thank you so much for checking in. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I would be honored to stay on this thread with you and the other gals. Thank you for telling us that Cindy would have wanted that. 

• ali68
    edited October 2013

Thinking of Cindy's family today xx

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2013

Me too, my thoughts are with Cin's family

Xxx

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited October 2013

I also will be thinking of Cindy's family today.

Cindy

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2013

Cindy, may you rest in peace. Hugs and prayers for Cindy's family.

Cheryl

• itsjustme10
    edited October 2013

Thank you, Elaine. It's very kind of you to stop by and say that. . I hope the days are getting easier for you and the family...

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2013

Have not checked in a while and was so sad to read of Cindy's passing. Elaine and Rick and family, my deepest condolences on the loss of an amazing young woman. Cindy, RIP sweetie and know that when I think of you, I think of Sinatra singing "I did it MY WAY" because you certainly did. Love to all and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited October 2013

Dear Ladies,

Thank you for still being here. Thank you, too, for the lovely card from England!!!

The days are getting easier -moments out of the blue are tough, but it's to be expected. Lately, those moments are when a close friend looks me in the eye and say How are you really doing? they know me so well. I'm so good at avoidance.

I didn't allow myself to dwell on Cindy's passing at first --I continued to work on the day I was told (my first day at a Medi-Spa). Still worked that weekend at the Resort. Then was able to attend two Continuing Education classes for Massage -Wednesday & Thursday, had 12hrs of Therapeutic Deep Tissue with Bamboo ... then left after that class driving to a city near Charlotte, NC, about 2 1/2hrs from home, for 32 more hours of Cont Ed to become a Certified Medical Massage Practitioner --intensive to say the least! I learned lots and now will practice! I can file requests for payment from Insurance companies now -accidents and workman's compensation cases are where most of that target clientele comes from, with a few regular insurance companies paying for wellness massages. Another group is likely to be police/fire/EMS whose insurance may cover 60% ... but with a different pay scale for Medical Massage it's really well worth it & helping people who really need the work and are so unappreciated on a daily basis.

Ali, being able to reach out and talk to someone like you have can really change the rest of their life -you never know what a smile or kind word could mean to someone. I'm so glad you were there for her ~and her for you.

Linda, you continue to be amazing -I, too, would much rather talk to someone else about their problems when I get enmeshed in my own. The temporary reprieve can help take the edge off & allow me to come back with a bit more perspective.

Hugs for Health, Elaine

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Elaine, congrats on completing such a rigorous course!!! And it is good to know that insurance is covering some of the services you can provide - not so much enlightenment in this area of the country - it's all out of pocket. Cyber hugs for you today.

I am working on continuing ed stuff today, too - well, that is, I am SUPPOSED to be working on it - it's an online exam over 6 months of a professional journal with all the latest research, etc. Got sidetracked here instead. Not sure why I even bother as I probably won't be able to work in my field again, but I guess it is sort of pride that I still know my stuff. And who knows, maybe I will be able to contribute a little again someday, and in the meantime, my brain is still active and I don't feel as stupid as I would if I quit reading.

Gorgeous day today, am grateful for sunshine, birds, and a recording of Mozart's opera Mithradate.

• ali68
    edited October 2013

Well done Elaine, you will be a great help to many.

Linda, you should continue when and where you can.

I got my results and it was good news.

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Congratulations Ali68!!!

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited October 2013

YAY, ALI!!!

Linda, I'm with Ali that I like you continuing when and where you can --having mental ability is a huge part of QOL .... hold on to what you can with all you have .... but you know that ;-)

• Linda-n3
    edited October 2013

Hooray, Ali! FINALLY something positive coming your way!

Just finished my continuing ed stuff! Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.

Elaine, my favorite month is October, thanks for the beautiful picture! I have been doing art journalling for a while, and my October journal is turning out pretty much lots of fun. Here is an example of what I have been playing with (watercolor, prints, ribbon, stickers with bling, and glitter glue! - way too much fun!!!!!). (Much more fun than continuing ed!) This is actually a card that I made for my sister, this is the kind of stuff I do for the journal. I get such inspiration from the colors of fall, and Elaine, you have inspired me yet again!

Hugs all around! I am grateful for you all, for Cindy's example, for Elaine's walking with Cindy and with US, for cool autumn breezes with brilliant sunshine today. I am grateful for the love I have found along this horrid path. Blessings to you all.

• ali68
    edited October 2013

I love it xxx

• heymoose
    edited October 2013

Linda, you are so creative. Love the card.

• KarenMc
    KarenMc Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013

lazeechic I was inspired by your thread in mets to liver that you had mets to liver and lungs, like myself and were 10 years out. You survived all this time with no western medicine? Am I understanding correctly? I'm sorry to hear you are not doing well, you gave me hope and still do that you've survived this long with no treatment? I never had the pleasure of meeting Cindy but reading through the thread I'm sure she was a wonderful person. May she RIP. So sorry.

• itsjustme10
    edited October 2013

That's beautiful, Linda. You're very talented!! :)

• ali68
    edited October 2013

Hi Ladies, just to let you know Cindy's youngest sister Nicci has written on her blog.

Alison x