Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited December 2014

Morning ladies. DH is back to work today- it is the busy time of the year for him. Loads is fruit will go out to US and Japan in the next couple of days for New Year.

Had a lovely Christmas. Dinner here on Christmas Eve. Was wacked afterwards but all was well. Great turkey and very good ham. Lovely peaceful evening. Christmas day was with extended family was fine though most of us could have found somewhere to hang DH's brother. He is a big mouthed know it all and is so loud. G niece was going around saying shshish little voice. Even Sil was pleasant which is a real surprise.

Above are DD and DDiL putting the topping on the pavlova. The best part we got to say hi to the Canadians about midday before we went out. They seemed fine but I do miss them terribly.

Looking forward to the new year

Big hugs to all my friends.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2014

all looks yummy and lovely. Here is a picture of my granddaughter Aubrey and her half sister Mckenzie (she is 6) who my son officially adopts on January 8th!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2014

Oh and a picture of my youngest...my daughter Stacey who is an attorney in Boston MA. She turns 34 tomorrow! My little one...sheesh, the years are flying by!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2014

Great pix april

Ducky, lol

Fire , ur ok

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited December 2014

I'm not ok

My arm is hurtin

Typin w/1hand

I think it's LE.thats actin up

• blondiex46
    edited December 2014

BIG HUGS, take care ur self, plz, how is the nu stove

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited December 2014

April.. Lovely photos, Sandy is beautiful ! . and the grand babies are adorable 😃 So lovely that your son is going to adopt ..

FK.. So sorry about your arm.. Hope it is feeling better.. You need to be feeling good for our big party. ..Ive been getting the food ready !

Alyson ..Love your photos ..DD and DIL seem to.be having such fun decorating the pav ..and your dining table looks so festive and inviting ! !

Blondie ..Hi..How are you ? Is the shingle pain better now. ?

Ducky ..How long are you away for. ? Hope ypu are having fun. !

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

I baked in my new oven for the first time today

I made banana bread...didn't try it yet

I'm betta LUCY...im typin with both hands..ha.

Blondie how U doin with the shingles????

• blondiex46
    edited December 2014

Singles is gone, just pain from the nerve endings, thanks 4 asking

Here hoping u alk r alright

Hj lucy

BIG HUGS

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

Alyson..how beautiful everything looks

What is that they r makin?

I'm betta,still wearing the compression bra tho..not takin any chances.

April...beautiful pics.

I still can't go back so im goin by memory which I have none

Oh Blondie...it takes time for the nerve ending to stop hurting but it will...I hope sooner rather then later

I see that crazy lady and her pilot R gettin real close...look out everyone we just might be havin a wedding..can I be UR bridesmaids? I never was one....

Got a funeral tomorrow...one of my neighbors who has been fighting cancer for a long time

Have I told u lately how much I hate CANCER...and LE

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2014

Lucy came here one the 27th, and will leave on the 31st.early afternoon.....having a great time........Chicago is great.....food is amazing..............hug

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

hey

We posted at the same time duck

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2014

LOL....how are you doing......how is the arm............so you used your new fridge.......oops sorry that was a stove right..........LOL

Went out for dinner last night.....great meal......went to my other grandson's home today......Wow what a place.........what a view...........ate there...my daughter made gravy....we stayed all day.......he has a dog that I fell in love with........back to Kevin's (where we are staying...other grandson), not sur what we are doing tomorrow, but will be going out for dinner.....

Will be headed home on Wednesday around 11:40.............love Chicago..........it is an amazing town..........hugs........will see you at the bonfire.........

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2014

Oh, Ducky, I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time!

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

The party

It starts today

I totally did not no it was today

Had a funeral just got back

Bbl

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited December 2014

Party time!!! I finally got my old laptop up and running. Had to install a new hard drive and then hunt down all the drivers. It took me ALL day.

I will start the party with my funny story - cover your eyes Kathe because you all ready know all about this:

About a month ago I got up in the middle of the night to use the rest room. I always turn on the closet light so I don't wake my DH up. I was doing my usual ritual and I caught a glimpse of a big blackish/brown mark on the upper left side of my chest. This thing was huge. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest when I caught a glimpse of it. I'm sure many of you will know what I'm talking about - that feeling of dread. I ran my fingers over it and it felt raised. I couldn't imagine what it could be – it was SO big. I thought, “oh great, here we go again, now I've got skin cancer." Then I decided to risk waking up my DH by turning on all the lights above the sink. Then I got a closer look. OMG……it was a piece of chocolate from a cookie I had eaten earlier!!!!! Apparently it had melted into my chest and I went to bed that way. My family has been making fun of my chocolate cancer for weeks.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2014

LOL..

• Lucy55
    edited December 2014

Slow... HaHa. I LOVE it :-) Sounds like something I would day..

Yay..I love a party.. Especially a New Year's Eve one...:-) So.hoping that next year is a year of happiness and good health for us all...

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited December 2014

I've got a lot of catching up to do. Leave it to Ducky to make friends with the pilot. Too funny!

Wonderful pictures April!! I love seeing pictures of the Grands!! Such a lovely looking family.

Alyson, I'm coming to your house for dinner! Everything looks so festive. We never have a formal sit down. We always eat in the family room. haha

Lucy, I call it going to crazy town. I seem to be spending a lot of time there lately. Every little ache and pain has me wondering. haha

I've got to go back and see what I've missed.

bbl

• gmafoley
    edited December 2014

Ladies, I have to travel up 3.5 hours for a post op visit - they will be removing 30 stitches in my nipple today... We will go have lunch with my kids and grandkids after appt. Then spend the night at my daughter's home. Will be traveling home tomorrow. Kinda feeling like I'm coming down with something today.. hope not. Had enough with the flu and surgery.....

Have a great New Years Eve Ladies!!!!

• FireKracker
    edited December 2014

good morning

So sorry about forgetting yesterday

As I said I had a funeral yesterday and it was awful

Today is a brand new day

Sooo let the party begin

I'm bakin banana bread...should be ready in a little while

Actually it tastes very good cause my neighbor is gf and U can't even tell

Soo..I'll bring that

Funny story....I had a funny but I forgot it

I'll tell u later

Kath,hang in there...

Slow I like ur story.hahaha

Ducky,crazy lady....hope ur enjoying urself

I have 6 pms.to answer so

Bbl

• blondiex46
    edited December 2014

Thanks fire eventually  is what i got from that

Party, what am i bringing

Love to hang with u all

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited December 2014

Blondie.... :) !!

Time to get this party started.

• blondiex46
    edited December 2014

Works

• Lucy55
    edited December 2014

Blondie.. That's beautiful..!!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2015

Blondie, That is lovely! My friends here have given me support and encouragement... and mean so much to me!

Alyson, I immediately thought of your photo from Christmas when I was waiting for radiation today. The cover photo on the magazine was of a pomegranate/raspberry pavlova! I've wanted to try one for a long time.... ever since I helped my son learn about Australian traditions in preparation for his trip down under.

Gma, I hope you have an easy trip. Hope you feel relief from the staple removal.

I can't think of any funny stories.... it's been pretty stressful around here. It did snow here in SoCal last night.

Happy New Year Everyone!

• blondiex46
    edited January 2015

I never questioned why me, why not me

• gmafoley
    edited January 2015

Had my second post op today. Nipple stitches out and Dr. Kim said everything looked great for being 2.5 weeks post. He was amazed that the radiated side is healing better than the non radiated side. The open wound is better but still needs care. Said it should be fully healed by next visit in a month. Told me to rest one more week, then let the pain be my guide.

• FireKracker
    edited January 2015

I'm late but im here

TO ALL MY SISTAS I WISH U A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY BRAND NEW YEAR..

BLONDIE THATS BEAUTIFUL

GmaF..hoping for a betta new year for U with no pain

Hope tomboy is doin ok with the funeral

Don't no what I would have done without all of U

It's almost over

Again HAPPY NEW YR.

Xoxo

• Lucy55
    edited January 2015