Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Team ILC Warriors

Options
1676869707173»

Comments

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    Options

Blessedly, both the Radiologist and my Oncologist believe this is scar tissue. It will checked in six months. There were no indications of it being cancer.

• Dodgerick
    Dodgerick Member Posts: 22
    Options

I just had a biopsy two weeks ago because I had found lumps under the one nipple I got to keep (right nipple gone due to safe margins).The doctor called with the pathology report, scar tissue! Thank God! When do we ever stop worrying? He said it was a good call to do the biopsy since recurrence sometimes comes back in scar tissue.

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

Bump.

Where are the Ladies who started this thread? I hope they are all well.

• Kidzrn97
    Kidzrn97 Member Posts: 2
    Options

new to this forum. Any ILBC/MBC warriors here? 18 months post dx without any surgery or radiation to.Wondering if mastectomy's are ever recommended in MBC or is it pretty much a write off and continue with Hormone Therapies and targeted meds?

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

Hello, Kidzrn97 and welcome. Please join in on the stage iv forums if you like. Some threads are specific to ILC and most are mixed type. Where are your mets? Is it de novo or a recurrence? What treatment are you on? What interests or concerns do you have? There is quite a bit of discussion about surgery or not for mbc. If you want to fill out your diagnosis and treatment profile it will help us know how to direct you and respond to you.

• lillyishere
    Options

Didn't know where to post this but do you know that The International ILC Virtual Symposium is live this week?

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

Golly, I would have missed it if not for your reminder, Lilly! Thanks.

http://ilcsymposium.com/

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Hi Warriors, I am back with my third BC 🤯 this time is after a BMX in 2016. I thought the pea sized lump was fat necrosis as I have had 2 rounds of fat grafting. I was shocked when biopsy results came back as ILC. PET negative for METS.

I see the BS on the 30th

• beach2beach
    beach2beach Member Posts: 245
    Options

Hi OG56,

Sorry you are dealing with a third BC. Screw this cancer.. Wishing you the best outcome Smile

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Thank you for the Kindness! I asked the Onc if there was a prize for getting this a third time LOL 😆

• Dodgerick
    Dodgerick Member Posts: 22
    Options

God bless you, it’s a tough journey that seems like it never ends. I’m so thankful for this website to know there are others like me that understand, encourage and support me in the “adventure “

• lillyishere
    Options

Happy New Year Ladies!

Last year, someone shared a video featuring Jason Aboudi Mouabbi, M.D., who discussed the efficacy of tamoxifen and exemestane for ILC. I currently take exemestane due to its milder side effects compared to letrozole. However, I want to ensure that I am using a medication that is truly effective. If anyone can find the video, kindly post it or provide information on where I can locate it.

• simplysue
    simplysue Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Lily! Attached is the video that you may be looking for.

• lillyishere
    Options

Thank you so much. It is very useful since I have an appointment with MO this coming Monday.

• pinkbird26
    pinkbird26 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have read some comments from Dr Mouabbi suggesting that there are clinical trials specifically for ILC. I'm based in Australia and can't find any current or recruiting. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,695
    edited January 16
    Options

@pinkbird26 I know that clinicaltrials.gov is where they place clinical trials, but I believe the clinical trials he’s talking about are in other countries right now. I will look and come back to let you know.

Edit to add: You can find lobular specific clinical trials here.

https://lobularbreastcancer.org/ilc-clinical-trials/

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hello @pinkbird26! This article on our main site might be of interest to you as well: How to Find a Clinical Trial

Best,

The Mods

• loves_yosemite
    loves_yosemite Member Posts: 3
    Options

Just feeling low before seeing the oncologist next week. I'm 4 years past a what was supposed to have been a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy - nope … bilateral invasive lobular. I'm just a little freaked out that after 4 years of the evil anastrozole, my oncologist is wanted me to stay on it longer than the original 5 year commitment. I'm fatigued and my hands ache so much that I'm retiring early from my job (I'm 63). Has anyone had the "extended adjuvant therapy" chat with their oncologist? Advice? I'm freaking out tonight about late recurrence and trying balance that with quality of life.

thanks for the support

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@loves_yosemite, welcome again to our community! We know it's so hard to be here, but we're glad you've found us. Hope you get responses from other members here soon. In the meantime, there's another popular thread called For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing that you might want to join and ask your question. Additionally, there's a topic for members newly diagnosed with a recurrence full of tons of advice and personal experiences that we are sure you can benefit from!

Hope this helps! Please come back to let us know how you're doing!

The Mods

• kbl
    Options

@loves_yosemite Is there any way you can switch to maybe Letrozole? I know it may cause the same issues, but maybe not. I’m sorry Anastrozole has been so hard.

• loves_yosemite
    Options

Thanks so much for responding. My oncologist believes Anastrozole to be superior, but I will bring it up with her. With all that you have been thru I should be reaching out to you. 💕 your fight has been extreme!

• kbl
    Options

@loves_yosemite That’s very sweet. As much of a shit show it took to get my diagnosis, I have a very slow-growing cancer that has responded to treatment, so I’m extremely grateful for that. The cancer treatment sometimes seems worse than the cancer itself, as you know. I’m currently on Orserdu, and my tumor markers have come down lower than they’ve been since 2016. I count on those to tell a story. I hope you can get some kind of relief.

• lillyishere
    Options

@loves_yosemite Congratualations for staying in anastrozole for so long. I am approching 5 years this year and I was told that I will continue exemestane for many years. ILC is slow growing and can return after many years. I was told that letrozole and anastrozole is more effective than exemestane but I was getting so sick of letrozole that he had to switch me to exemestane. I wonder if there is any research on how powerful these meds are for ILC. I hope we are not taking them just because it works 40% of cases in IDC.

• loves_yosemite
    Options

@lillyishere - I've been reading myself down that dark rabbit hole and yes, the "azoles" like letrozole and anastrozole have been seen to be more effective for ILC than other classes of AI. But these studies are still pretty small. Cheers to you to staying on any AI for 5 years… these are just so tough to take. Studies are saying that 7 years may be the sweet spot for anastrozole that "balances" side effect risks to disease free survival - I don't know if there is research on exemestane.

All I really know is that lobular cancer is a sneaky bi*ch and that AI is just miserable.