Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 2B with positive nodes

Options

Comments

• tallydiver
    tallydiver Member Posts: 15
    Options

Hi Sciencegal,

I read the same article related to Perineural Invasion relative to IDC and I like what it says.  With other forms of cancer, it seems like another method of travel regarding metastisis.  I hope you are doing well.  We have just started this adventure.

• tallydiver
    Options

Hi SpecialK

I read the same article related to Perineural Invasion relative to IDC and I like what it says.  With other forms of cancer, it seems like another method of travel regarding metastisis.  I hope you are doing well.  We have just started this adventure.

• tallydiver
    Options

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.  Did you ever find out the significance of the Perineural Invasion presence.  My mom does not show Lymphovascular Involvement, but the PNI is present.  Your thoughts?

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    Options

@placid44:

Great job with the healthy eating and weight loss! That's a variable none of the calculators factor. You have to be improving your odds right there over and above the average for whatever odds a calculator would give you. Way to go!

• colt45
    Options

@Kindergarten:

I always like hearing from you. Thank you for the boost. You are an inspiration and a kind heart for checking back in on the rest of us to offer hope.

God bless you.

• colt45
    Options

@SpecialK:

And of course, thank you for your encouragement and your insight, as always.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    Options

You are so kind, Colt45!!! You are a wonderful husband!! My husband and I know all your feelings and worries!! I just want you to know that we care and understand!! You will both get through this, I promise!! Blessings, Kathy

• colt45
    Options

@Kindergarten:

Kathy, thank you for the encouragement.

• sciencegal
    sciencegal Member Posts: 546
    Options

I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Radiation starts next week for me, but otherwise I am fine. I hope everyone is doing well.

• JennaJMU
    JennaJMU Member Posts: 22
    Options

Hi sciencegal, I'm doing well! Just finished my final round of AC...next is weekly taxol and Herceptin time (I'm her2 neg but in a study) hopefully that's not as bad. Congrats to being on to rads! Have you had a nice break between chemo and rads?

• sciencegal
    Options

Hi Jenna,

Hi Jenna- Congrats on finishing the AC- woohoo!!!

I had my exchange surgery between chemo and rads but still it was a good break. I stayed off work for a week after the surgery and watched movies with my awesome husband and dear little comfort dogs so that was great. My mouth sores have healed so I could even eat popcorn! (Small miracles that we learn to rejoice in.)

Ineresting that you get the herceptin in a study- I had read that there may be tiny nests of her2+ cancer stem cells in Her2- tumors, I guess that is the basis of the study? Cool.

Herceptin is a breeze compared to everything else. I get it every three weeks until November and it is fine. No SEs that I can detect.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• argynis
    argynis Member Posts: 22
    Options

Jenna, Congrats on finishing AC! I finshed AC yesterday - yay - on to Taxol!!!

• fd1
    fd1 Member Posts: 57
    Options

You guys, finishing AC is such a big achievement!  Here's to it being all downhill from here!!!! Smile

• sciencegal
    Options

Congratulations Argynnis!!!

((((hugs)))))

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    Options

In all fairness and integrity, I should check in, as I recently became a metster (to C-7 , smewhere in T and spots on liver. This may beg the question: should I have taken Tamoxifen as an early stager? Well, actually my onc is ready o switch me to Xeloda bcause Tam is not showing results, and I need no rads to chest wall.

In other word, Stage IV doesn't answer key quetions for me. Good luck to all. Tongue Out

• colt45
    Options

@1Athena1: I am so sorry for your news. You are in my prayers. You are all in my prayers.

• GrammyR
    GrammyR Member Posts: 297
    Options

I was Stage 2b back in Feb 2006. Tumor 2cm and sentinal node positive others ( 6 removed ) neg.  I took Aromasin, Femara and Arimedex all with severe athritis reaction. I stopped after 18 months as I was in a wheel chair ( I was crippled ) I still have bad neuropathy from the Taxol.

Had triple drug chemo 8 rounds and NO radiation. ( they said not needed if less than 4 nodes.) Well guess what, after 6 years "it's back".  I am supposed to go see an Oncologist. 6cm axilla node and something around the mid clavical area on MRI . No douibt radiation is going to be treatment of choice. So my advice -do not skimp on all and every treatment. My prayers and best wishes go out to you both.

• colt45
    Options

@GrammyR:

Hoping that your treatment goes well. You know, we just don't know what our treatments will do for us. There's no way of ever knowing what radiation would have done for you back then. Maybe nothing. And then you maybe wouldn't be able to do it now. And maybe doing it now is what will help you.

You are in my prayers.

• sciencegal
    Options

I am so sorry this happened to you Grammy R.

BIG hugs.

• simplelife4real
    simplelife4real Member Posts: 341
    Options

Hi All, I thought I would join in this thread since I'm also 2b with positive nodes.  I have triple negative bc and did neoadjuvant chemo.  The chemo wiped out the primary tumor but cancer was still found in two nodes at the time of my surgery.  I'm about two thirds of the way through radiation right now.   It is interesting to look at the conditional cancermath calculator that SpecialK posted.  I look forward to seeing my numbers go down as the years go by.  With triple negative, recurrence is most likely in the first three years.  My fingers (and toes) are crossed for a good outcome.

• Headeast
    Headeast Member Posts: 393
    Options

Simplelife, welcome and good luck with the third of radiation treatments left! You ate almost there! Have you modified your diet at all?

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

I'm waiting on my PET Scan results since 2 of the 3 in the SNB were positive. Should know today or tomorrow. It's good to hear the stories on here. If all clear I have my mastectomy on Tuesday - wish me luck!!!!!

• Headeast
    Options

Homemom, good luck! Don't forget to do your shopping before surgery, you will have difficulty moving your arms and lifting anything

• simplelife4real
    Options

Homemom, good luck with your surgery.   Don't be afraid to take the pain pills they prescribe afterwards....it actually helps with recovery by being able to more more freely.

Headeast, thank you for the welcome.  Yes, I have made big changes in my diet....I read AntiCancer: A New Way of Life about a week after being diagnosed.  I avoid sugar like the plague, eat whole unprocessed foods 95% of the time (or more), and drink lots of green tea, to name a few changes.  I think the healthy diet was a big reason why my blood levels stayed normal all through chemo.  I was giving myself lots of good nutrition.  

Now, my big issue is sticking with healthy foods for at least the next five years AND exercising aerobically at least 30 minutes a day.  Since I have a high risk for LE....I guess most of us on this thread do since we all had positive nodes and most of us had rads to the nodes...I'm trying to be kind to my arm particularly while I'm in rads.  I would really like to avoid LE.

• Headeast
    Options

Simplelife, I read Eat to Live, similar approach to the book you read.

As for LE my therapist told me to increase repetition more than increasing weight, and never increase both at the same time.

• jojo2373
    jojo2373 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Hi fellow 2 B pos node gals!  I am 16 mos pfc and doing well except for chemo brain and hormonal joint pain.  I did neoadjuvant, surgery,  then rads.  I still had residual cancer in breast and one node after chemo.  My BS said that increases my recurrence rate.  Anyone else hear same?

• simplelife4real
    Options

Jojo, I had neoadjuvant therapy too and had residual cancer in two nodes, but none in the breast.  It does increase recurrence rate, but I have never seen any actual figures.  I think it also depends on how much residual cancer is left.  In my case, with triple negative bc, my MO put my chance of OS at 85-90% and a chance of  local recurrence at 5%.  Your MO and BS can give you a better idea on your own stats particularly since you have a different kind of cancer than me.

• jojo2373
    jojo2373 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Thanks Kay - It's a follow up question for my next visit.  

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    Options

hi, everyone!! I am a Stage 2b bi-lateral breast cancer survivor with  one positive node found on the get go, so I had neo- adjuvant chemo!!  I am 9 1/2 years out!!! I have been on aromasin for 8 1/2 years!! We can survive this beast!! Wishing every one well!!!

• Headeast
    Options

thank you for posting, Kindergarten!