Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Options

Comments

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2022
    Options

Moving from Stage 2 Sisters to Stage 3 after pathology from mastectomy:-(

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,997
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh darn, Kotch, I am sorry to hear this. But remember, Stage III is still considered EARLY stage!! Hang in there 💗

• kotchaj
    edited January 2022
    Options

Ruthbru,

Thanks. I'm wrapping my head around it.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited January 2022
    Options

Joining in as I just came across this thread.

I haven't been able to read the previous posts, but will do so.

KotchAJ - so sorry to see you are now Stage 3.

• smiling_brenda
    smiling_brenda Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2022
    Options

I just had a mammogram, was meant to be my two year cancer free mark. They want me to come back for a biopsy in my non cancer side, of the lymph nodes that are slightly enlarged (4mm vs normal 3mm).

Has anyone ever experienced this? Looking for hope.

Thanks

• pinger2474
    pinger2474 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2022
    Options

Smiling_Brenda, did you recently get your Covid vaccine orbooster? I had my screening delayed eight weeks after my booster because the vaccine could cause an enlargement of the lymph nodes.

• smiling_brenda
    smiling_brenda Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2022
    Options

my last vaccine was Oct 28, 202

• ruthbru
    edited January 2022
    Options

If you recently had a Covid vaccine, definitely wait on the biopsy.

• Erin_W
    Erin_W Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    Options

Just had an mri yesterday for the same reason. Booster was done on 12/24. I have been reading how this is a lingering sideeffect of the vaccine.

• kotchaj
    edited January 2022
    Options

Serendipity,

Thanks! It's all good. I've always been an overachiever:-) Just thought maybe I could stop trying to better myself, lol.

I feel great, so regardless what it is, I'm going to kick it's butt to the curb.

• serendipity09
    edited January 2022
    Options

KotchAJ - that's the way to think! Great attitude!!

• SandraDublin
    SandraDublin Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi all! I’ve recently joined the stage 2 club so thought I’d say hi to all! The forum to date had been a great help in navigating and understanding BC of which I was completely and utterly ignorant of until recently as no family or friends have been down this path.

I was diagnosed at start of year with IDC and at least 1 positive LN through biopsy at 43 and was a massive shock which sometimes even now I still struggle to accept is actually happening to me. That said the mind numbing fear has eased since then and moving forward as best I can. I had a UMX as well as ALND and pathology results doubled my tumour size to 33 mm from an estimated 18 mm, but remained as 1 positive node but this was 11mm with ENE. I also had associated high grade DCIS which wasn’t detected in scans and while removed I had close deep and medial margins (approx 0.5mm) due to location to chest wall. I am hoping radiation will take care of this as BS stated further surgery wasn’t possible. MO recommending chemo but we’re awaiting oncotype results (I requested)to get all info, need to make decisions soon but is tough to know what is best as suspect i am falling into a bit of a premenopausal hormone positive node positive grey area!!

Thanks all and no doubt chat soon on the chemo/radiation forums!

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    edited February 2022
    Options

Sandra,

Sorry that you have to join, but this is a warm group. Stage 2 has promising prognosis, on my 1st day to local cancer clinic, the nurse told me stage 2 is curable, and lots of women here already spend through many many disease free years, we will too, each of us, including you and me!

• barbojoy
    barbojoy Member Posts: 47
    edited February 2022
    Options

@K-Gobby I am very sorry about your BRACA diagnosis. Sending loving kindness to you and your siblings. I am not BRACA+, but had a double mastectomy and I'm happy to share my experience with that, if you make that decision and have any questions. Much love!!

@Hippmark My surgeon only removed 1 lymph node (SLN) and it was positive. I'm now in radiation-- in part because of my pre-op scans (which showed questionable/concerning lymph node involvement before my surgery 07/28/2021). My RO said radiation is less likely to cause lymphedema than surgical removal, so they are not recommending any additional surgery for me. If you haven't yet, ask them if your pre-op scans showed possible involvement. In June of 2021, I had (I think 3) lymph nodes biopsied along with my tumor and all 3 biopsies were negative- so I was also Stage 1 and presumed that I had zero lymph involvement before surgery. I am a little frustrated that no one shared with me the pre-op scan concerns and that if my surgeon was aware of those that she only took 1 node during surgery and that no one told me that the team had concerns back in July 2021 until just this month as I started radiation. I never met with the surgeon post-op, only her nurse. It is frustrating for sure. Anyway, I hope you get answers and comfort in the decisions that will guide next steps. Sending love!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi Sandra! The worst part is figuring out a treatment plan. After it is in place, you just hunker down and get it over with. With Stage II, hitting it hard the first time around gives us a very, very good chance of never having to deal with a cancer diagnosis again. Hang in there! Heart

• cathy67
    edited March 2022
    Options

Today is my routine lupron injection date. Right before today, I just found there is a small lump on my surgical area, it is quite similar to the other side's texture, but different, like the small area thickened. Doctor said, last mammogram (three months ago) mentioned that there are calcification changes in surgical area after surgery, so he ordered an urgent ultrasound for that. Fingers crossed. I am 2.5 years after diagnosis.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hope it all comes out okay. Let us know!

• cathy67
    edited March 2022
    Options

ruthbru,

Thanks!

• cathy67
    edited March 2022
    Options

It is scheduled on April 11, will do diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound, the previous routine was set in June.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2022
    Options

Good. The sooner the better as waiting is dreadful!

• beginagain22
    beginagain22 Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello all,

I think I am a stage II sister. I have not had anyone tell me a stage since surgery. My cancer is IDC grade 3 and was 1.8 cm. I had two positive lymph nodes. I see my oncologist 04/12 to find out what’s next on the hit parade.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi beginagain, you are in the worst part. Once you get a treatment plan in place, then you just buckle down and get it over with. Hang in there!

• beginagain22
    beginagain22 Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thanks Ruthbru, I am hanging!

• cathy67
    edited April 2022
    Options

Beginagain,

Sorry that you have to be here, you'd better study then you can talk to your oncologist, and understand the treatment very well.

Best wishes!

Cathy

• cathy67
    edited April 2022
    Options

ruthbru,

I went for mammogram and ultrasound today, unfortunately it was not good today!!!

Since I reported the lump I found, so they re scheduled my routine from June to April. Mammogram looks no difference, even though they checked my lump, then I went for ultra sound, the lump is no problem, but they found another suspective area, which needs biopsy finally, it is scheduled on May 4. I have not heard whether it is a high suspection or low suspection, the category of the report, I can get report from doctor by this Friday.

I don't know whether this is a good news or bad news. If I had not found that lump, this area won't have chance to be discovered earlier, mammogram fine won't lead to ultra sound.

ruthbru, I know lots of women have successfully experienced 10 plus years after diagnosis, did they have something happened like what I got today? I pray.

Cathy

• ruthbru
    edited April 2022
    Options

Cathy, can you visit with your doctor when you get the report on Friday? If it can't be in person, over Zoom or email. He/She could answer some of your questions.

• cathy67
    edited April 2022
    Options

ruthbru,

Oncologist is super hard to book, plus the next step is already offered. I will talk to my family doctor. I don't have any unusual feeling of the area they told me, I have worried about the little lump that I found for weeks.

Cathy

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 260
    edited April 2022
    Options

cathy67,

That must be worrisome for you. And to wait until 05/04 to get a biopsy must seem like a long time.

I am wishing you the best and sending warm thoughts your way.

• cathy67
    edited April 2022
    Options

wondering44,

Thanks!!

• serendipity09
    edited April 2022
    Options

cathy67 - sorry you are having to go through this. Hoping everything goes well!