How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited May 2018

letmywifelive,

I’m so sorry about the loss of your dear wife Ranjita. May you and your daughter find peace and serenity at this time of great sorrow.

• Minnie31
    Minnie31 Member Posts: 494
    edited May 2018

letmywifelive, sending love and strength to You and your lovely daughter. I consider myself lucky compared to young women in this group, to have seen my daughters married with children. A new chapter in your lives indeed, may it be a happy one

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited May 2018

Letmywifelive, I am sorry to hear of your loss. You should not ever worry about bringing more pain or sadness to us here. You are part of our family, and the loss of Ranjita and the pain you are feeling are things you should freely share with us. I wish I could say the words that would comfort you, but I know nothing will make take away the emptiness you feel. I have thought of you, your wife, and your daughter often during the past few months and had hoped that you were doing well, but the absence of news from you made me suspect the worst. I will never forget your posts that were filled with such concern and love for your dear Ranjita. You two shared a special love, and I know she will remain in your heart. It means so much that you have reached out to us during this sad period when you could easily have put all of us in your past. I will pray for comfort and peace for you and your beautiful daughter. You will always be one of us.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• lisajo6
    lisajo6 Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2018

So sorry about your wife. Hugs and prayers.

I had my liver biopsy. It hurts!.

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited May 2018

letmywifelive- Thank you for taking part in our group and in letting us know of Ranjita's passing. You were a wonderful support for her- she couldn't have asked for more.

lisajo- Glad your ordeal is finally over so your mind can rest. Does it still hurt, or did it just hurt during the procedure?

• lisajo6
    lisajo6 Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2018

it still hurts, like a bruise. The procedure itself was like 10 minutes. I was at the clinic from 10-4

• livebig
    livebig Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2018

letmywifelive - so very sorry to hear. You and your precious daughter are in my prayers.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2018

lisajo6 - ouch. take it easy. I never had any pain, so no advice. Just healing thoughts headed your way.

>Z<

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited May 2018

Letmywife, I was just devestated to see your post about Ranjita’s passing. You fought so hard right along side of her! You and your daughter remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay with us as we have all grown to care about you.

Robi

• Scwilly
    Scwilly Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2018

BABS: I feel so sad to hear of someone so young succumbing to this dsease. With my 58th birthday just passing, I feel I have had so many milestones denied to others and I am very greateful for those. Yet I wish for more and now yearn to see my two boys graduate college (one next year, one in three years) and then I will wish to see then all through their lives and families and careers (one son is a film major and I would dearly love to be in a movie theatre watching his name on the credits where ever they appear. ) I am an so fortunate to know they are confident and strong young men (19&21) who I will treasure as long as I can.

My own health is so much better than a week or two ago when I was suffering unbearable levels of bilirubin. I have had one dose of Cisplatin and due another on 24th. May. This will hopefully clear my liver which is (was hopefully) packed with spots and allow it to recover and do it's job . Well I am so much less yellow, no more nausea, and though still tired and needing daily naps I feel so much better and am able to cook meals, visit grocery stores, and enjoy our new back yard and pool. I am seeing my MO on Monday, so could do my blood work Friday - which will be the definitive test. But I am going to wait until Monday - even though I am feeling so much better the risk of a high bilirubin result is too much to bear and to spoil a weekend when we have family over from the UK and my elder son flying down from Seattle for the weeKend.(younger son already home from college) I live feeling I am on a rug that's can be dragged away at any time and place upsetting me so easily. So the thought of an early rise is better than the risk of disappointment. if you knew me then that early rise is not a popular choice, but I choose freedom from cancer this weekend,

Sending love to all and wishing success with what treatments you are on. These physical and emotional challenges I face are so much more bearable with your support.

Thankyou

Sarah

Hug

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    edited May 2018

Z- I'm praying that you don't have anything in your spinal canal. That is what I'm worried about too. They did an MRI a while ago and nothing in the canals but I haven't had a bone scan in almost 2 years. I still have active mets in my lower spine and middle. I'm going to ask my MO and see what she thinks. Pet Scans and CT didn't reveal anything yet. I hope you can get the right treatment. We need you here with all of your knowledge. It seems that Spring should be happy and we are all having problems.

LAlady, I am hoping Afinitor works. Two weeks into it. 10mg paired with Femara. I just feel tired in the afternoons so far. Geeze, I hope I get more than three months. I feel like all that I do is go to the doctor.

Kaylynn, hang in there. I'm praying for you and think of you. This is all such a struggle. Keep going as long as you can. I guess that is all we can do waiting for the next blow.

Lulubee, maybe I will be like you. Get some mileage out this drug. I finally got Magic Mouth for the sores. The chemo nurse told me to rinse with salt and baking soda and that was a disaster. My mouth got worse, so my husband finally went to the pharmacy and wrote a prescription for something. My MO did not want me to use it due to steroids in the medication. I'm just not sure that some of the docs really get it.

Lisajo6, I just had liver biopsies in April. The only danger is bleeding that I know about. I had mine done at Dana Farber. Not much pain only when they broke through the barrier of the liver, but then it was a cake walk. I developed a hematoma on the outside of my liver, but the surgeons were not worried and I only had about a 1/4 invh incision and it didn't hurt. So you can do it, I know you can.

So now my lovely story. My tumor markers blew up to 563 between drugs. Something about Afinitor affects your lipids. My good lipids are down to 24 which is very low and now they say no animal fat, butter, dairy. I guess I will become a vegetarian. I need to get the good one up to over 60. Not sure how to eat, maybe whole foods. Crazy. I'm thinking of going to my MO at Dana Farber to see what he has to say about this. Our local hospitals are not the greatest.

I asked my local MO why they chose Afinitor and she explained to me that at Dana Farber they went over all my slides from eight years ago to now and with the liver biopsies they found a mutated protein that is invading my cells. They tested all types of drugs and found that Afinitor was actually killing the cancer cells in the lab. So maybe this will work for a while.

I'm thinking of all of you. It is a hard road. I think of all my bc sisters and thank all of you for the help. If there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Love you all (Hugs)

Anita

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited May 2018

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. May you and your daughter somehow find peace and comfort as you can. May memories of Renjita be a blessing.

• kaayborg
    kaayborg Member Posts: 576
    edited May 2018

It's with a heavy heart to say, Missy (kaayborg) passed away at 11:10pm on Friday, May 11, 2018.

She did not suffer at all and it was quick. She was surrounded by me, the girls, her mom, and our pastor. We were singing hymns over her when she took her final breath. Hospice took care of her from there. We have been surrounded by family this whole time.

Missy donated her body for research. I will get her remains back in 3-5 weeks. We will have a memorial service at Vineyard Columbus in Westerviille, OH at that time. I will post more info when I have a better idea of the date and time.

She was my Wonder Woman and I miss her dearly,

- Bryan

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited May 2018

Dear Bryan, thank you. Missy posted that you would communicate with us. I will forever remember the beach photo of your smiling wonder woman. She looked so pretty and happy.

Tears today for you Kaayborg and your loved ones.

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited May 2018

I’m in tears too, Bryan. But thank you letting us know about your beautiful Missy. Prayers for your family and loved ones.

• zarovka
    edited May 2018

Bryan - I am devastated to hear we have lost our dear Kaayborg. My thoughts are with you and your family today and always. Kaayborg is a treasured part of our community.

>Z<

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited May 2018

Tears. No words. I hate this disease.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited May 2018

Who to address first??? That's so devastating. This is craaaaaaaaaaaaazy. I didn't think i could take much more. And then this.

Letmywifelive so sorry that you had to write these words. Thank you so much for your input in these pages, and you guys had so much going for yourselves, so much love. Honestly, there are no words. your daughter is one brave little girl. You gonna need each other, and I am sure you will be a terrific Dad. It's good to know you have kind people around you. So sorry for the ordeal at the end. Ranjita had great support in you, and that is half the battle. As SandiB said not e/o has this. Take it easy at this time. You were there for her, which is everything.

Bryan, oh Bryan what shall I say I knew your wife? Yes, i feel we did. What a kind soul. She gave me so much support. Things were good and then it turned so fast, she was a teacher as one of my daughter's is and we shared that in a private convo. We will miss her terribly. I must say it's nice to know she did not suffer. How are the kids? I'm so broken up. Hugs and love to your family.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    edited May 2018

Zar when do you think you will schedule it for? How is the liver coming along? Are you actually getting some rest? How is your mental strength? You went through so much lately, it sucks.

Lisaj glad for you that you are over it already.

Scwilly that's the word that explains so much, milestones. Today another day they had something in school for the 10year old, this time they wrote in the email bring a guest! Look at that. So they did not mess up as the last time, and write a parent. It was a 2 hr affair, i did not know, but i stayed because she wanted me to stay. I just nodded to e/o if i would have started talking i would not be able to hold back my emotions. Even though i used to go to these things with Dani, it just felt wrong today. Now Im sticking around till they come home from school. That's what they want. So like sure!!!

Anyway, how did you get the Bilirubin to lower?? It was through the roof for Dani, and doc didn't do a thing about it. I am super happy for you. Was it just the chemo?

Anita, yep docs don't understand a damn thing, i could tell you that. Unless it happens to s/o close to them, they are robots. Good for you that you did your own thing. Re: checking what works best for you, why in major Centers in NY (Hospital), are they not doing that??? It seems so obvious. Maybe you would change treatment if it's giving you so much trouble?

Lalady so you started the new job? How are you feeling?

Miao would you be so kind and give the name of that health thingy that you took that helped you with the memory, mine is extremely poor at this point, i would love to try something like that. I really am not sleeping well, and on top of it all, it's really messing with me. Even with Ambien. It gives me 3 hours that's it.TY

• Kkrenz
    Kkrenz Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2018

Bryan - My heart is breaking!  Prayers are just not enough any more, but I will pray for peace for you and your family.

• zarovka
    edited May 2018

Mom - I could go ahead with cyber knife in mid-June. I have it penciled into the calendar. I want my oncologist here to talk to the Mayo neurologist first. When it comes to possible brain mets, I am so freaked out, I am not sure I heard everything correctly. I will talk to my MO next week and make the final call.

Back home after getting my daughter's soccer team through a soccer tournament last weekend. Started second cycle of Abraxane Monday. Water only fasting 2.5 days before (Ie. through soccer tournament) and 2 days after. This is my last day of fasting this cycle. Got a fair bit of exercise on the day of the IV, but resting today. Mentally good since the Abraxane regime is showing evidence of working on several fronts. I have pretty much zero side effects to my digestive system, for which I credit the fasting. I get to enjoy a healthy appetite and fully digest my food between fasts. That helps me mentally a lot. Thank you for thinking of me.

>Z<

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2018

Bryan - I’m so sorry to hear about Missy. Her words were always such an encouragement to all.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited May 2018

Bryan. I am so sad that we’ve lost another BC sister. Each passing just gets harder and harder to bear. I HATE BC. I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. Thankful she didn’t suffer at the end

Babs

• Frisky
    edited May 2018

Bryan, I’m sorry about the loss of your beautiful wife Missy. I hope to experience a similarly peaceful exit, surrounded by my loved ones, when my time comes.

• Frisky
    edited May 2018

Mom, the supplement I've been taking to stimulate my short term memory is called Phosphatidylserine. You can get it from amazon. Buy the one containing at least 200 mg from Solgar and take one of two pills a day as needed.

I have gotten my high blood pressure under control by increasing my potassium and magnesium intake, and in the process I have eliminated widespread aches and pains. I guess it's true what they say about the benefits of alkalizing the body.

But I'm still struggling with great fatigue, that I believe is caused by the tamoxifen.

I have to still figure that one out....

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited May 2018

oh Bryan I am heartbroken and in tears. I wish we had known her name was Missy. She was such a presence here. She will be sorely missed. Sending you and your family hugs.

The gut punches get harder and harder

• Minnie31
    Minnie31 Member Posts: 494
    edited May 2018

Bryan, thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

• Vilma65
    Vilma65 Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2018

Bryan, so sorry for yours and your family loss, read only a few of Missy posts but she sounded like an amazingly courageous loving woman, my sincerest condolences

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2018

Bryan-stunned and so saddened. Thinking of you and yours as you try to come to grips with the loss of your dear Missy.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited May 2018

Anyone heard from Bluebird-DE?