How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited June 2019

Gracie- Praying for you now. I hope you are not alone. No. You are not alone. Your Heavenly Father is with you. Holding you in His hands the whole time.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited June 2019

Gracie I appreciate you giving us the fastest news, even though I can imagine how hard it was for you to write the words. I'm speechless. But, I am praying for a miracle for you. 😧

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited June 2019

Gracie I appreciate you giving us the fastest news, even though I can imagine how hard it was for you to write the words. I'm speechless. But, I am praying for a miracle for you. 😧

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,039
    edited June 2019

Gracie~Sweet Gracie.... I was waiting with baited breath and when I read your post. My heart sank I am sitting here wanting nothing more than to be able to sit with you. You are on my Mind and in my heart. I am a text away. I will be checking in on you. I am holding you close to my heart. Prayers are going up feverishly. All my love. ~M~ Am certainly still hanging onto that slightest chance you mentioned. Xeloda....

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited June 2019

Gracie, I know this is serious but I’m not giving up hope. Sending love.

ShetlandPony

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited June 2019

Hi Gracie. I am praying that the scans will show a way to keep your liver from failing. You should not be by yourself as you navigate through these tests and results. Do you have family that can be with you?

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited June 2019

Gracie, so sorry to hear about liver failure. Hope you are getting a second opinion . We are concerned about you -do you have a family member or a friend to help you with doctor's appointments?

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited June 2019

Gracie, I hate to hear the results regarding likely liver failure. Praying there is a Hail Mary way out of this.

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    edited June 2019

My family is quite a ways away, my son however will be home in a week, and my daughter the week after. I have two good friends who can help in an emergency, I’m not alone, but really we are all alone at this stage, we just have to decide what this final chapter of our life is going to look like

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

I not even know what’s going to happen with liver failure. I mean is it going to give me a few more months? Will this yellow get any better? I’m really REALLY yellow! Can I do anything to help m liver

• lisapizza
    lisapizza Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2019

hello

I’m about to start Kisqali tomorrow. I know the question has been asked before but interested to know if anyone is working full time while on this regime?

I could resign from work. I don’t have to work. But I enjoy work. Just don’t want to work if I am ill.

I welcome your advice.

Lisa

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited June 2019

Gracie, I am concerned that you are not in the hospital with worsening jaundice. It seems you should have medical attention, especially if you start having effects from the jaundice.

I am hoping others will chime in with experience with this, either as caretaker or patient.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,510
    edited June 2019

Welcome to this amazing group, Lisa, though sorry you find yourself here.

You may find some helpful information here: Kisqali, or check out this other thread: Ribociclib/Kisqali with Letrozole - Any one on this combo?

Remember, each person is very individual on how they react to a specific treatment.

You are fortunate to really enjoy your work, so we hope you feel well enough to continue on Kisqali!

Gracie, we hate to hear what you are going through, and we are here for you Medicating. Indeed, perhaps you should go to your treatment team to see what they could possibly do to help you.

We are all here for you!!!

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

I just had no idea there was a problem with being Alone. I’ve lived alone for years. My onc never said a word just we are going to do scans and see him back in 10 days. I really don’t have anyone to come stay with me

• ShetlandPony
    edited June 2019

Thank you for the update, dear Gracie. I have been checking for it often. I am not happy that they sent you home not knowing what is going to happen or what to do, nothing but “see you in ten days”. I read that liver failure can cause disorientation, confusion, and extreme sleepiness. I hate to think that you might need help but be unable to arrange it. Can your kids come sooner? Do they understand how serious this is? Or at least can someone check on you twice a day? Can you talk to someone who can advocate for you, like a Social worker at your cancer center, or an insurance company patient navigator? Forgive me if I am misreading, but I am afraid you are being too “nice” and not wanting to “cause trouble” and I’m afraid your doctor etc. are neglecting you.

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

I do have a tendency toward that “nice” thing. My son is leaving in the morning taking his kids to Orlando for a week. I told him not to cancgl, the kids were dull dxcited to go. We had absolutely no ideas it’s a big thing. Mydaighter can’t come until after the first she just started a new big job. I might be able to get somebody to come check on me..

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

I don’t even know if we have Social worker at our cancer centers

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

Shetland, I’m having lack of appetite, dehydration that I’m really struggling with. Ver dark urine, orange stools, abdominal pain, pain breathing, no stamina or energy at all, sleeping a lot, lslight headache. I figured some of these ere from taking of xexlodal last Monday. Shortness of breath that they were going to get me one of those little oxygen things, but haven’t heard a word.

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

I’m so yellow I look almost tanned

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

at the Er, getting fluid, will see ehat my liver counts are

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited June 2019

Gracie, see if they have a social worker you can talk to about palliative care while you're there. You shouldn't be without support while you wait 10 days for scans. If not there, contact your cancer center to find out what they can do for you ASAP. If you have a more assertive friend, get them to advocate for you! Palliative care doesn't mean you are dying; they help with symptoms, pain control, and quality of life; it doesn't mean that available treatments have to end. Hospice care is when you stop treatment because your condition is considered terminal, but still get the palliative support - pain relief, counselling etc. Praying for you.

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

my cancer crnter hàs mo palliative care atlol. All the hospital has is hodpic

• micmel
    edited June 2019

♥️thinking of you my sweet friend. One hour at a time if you have too. Sounds like toxins aren't filtering adequately, I agree I think you should be in the hospital. You need monitoring, especially with all of those side effects. Breaks my heart. Into pieces that we all cannot physically be together whenWe need to help each other. On my mind every minute with rapid fire prayers.

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019
    sending me home with no answers billirubinJos the same as Monday 8.
    Said call your oncologist!!!!!
  • GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

nope billirubin is 13

• micmel
    edited June 2019

someone has to get there sooner honey. I’m sorry your kids are so far away. I wish I had a magic wand. 💔😡

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited June 2019

Gracie, I am really worried about you and the fact you are alone. You or a friend should make some phone calls to find help. Here are some things that have come to mind.

Find out if your cancer center has a social worker who can help guide you through resources. If they do not have one, the hospital should.

Also try the American Cancer society and/or your state’s senior resource center.

There might be a state breast cancer coalition who can help, too.

Have a friend contact your church to see if they have resources that will help with daily tasks such as laundry, shopping, providing light meals, cleaning, transportation, etc, as needed. Some churches even have visiting nurses and/or parishioners who will just check in on ill parishioners to see how they are or if anything is needed. Don’t for a moment think that you are imposing on people. People volunteer because they WANT to help, not because they need to. It is part of who they are.

Call Medicare to find out if you are eligible for a visiting nurse. That would have to be coordinated with your onc, but it is a possibility.

Since your cancer center does not have a palliative care service, find out if they can refer you to a palliative care doctor outside the center.

There are resources out there, but digging to find them is needed. This is something that your friends should do, of course. You should rest and save your strength.

I know this is a terrible time for you. I wish I could help. I will continue to pray for you.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• ShetlandPony
    edited June 2019

Gracie, please call someone and tell them you need them to come to your home now, right now, and advocate for you. Show them this BCO thread, and have them start making phone calls. If all else fails call adult protective services. You need better care and are not in condition to fight for it. Take hospice if that’s all your hospital is offering you, and the hospice nurses will help you. You can always send them away if you no longer need them.

Call your two local friends now and don’t downplay what is happening.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited June 2019

Just now getting caught up on posts. LADIES WHAT CAN WE DO FOR GRACIE??? I am worried. The typos on her posts !!! Is she getting worse?? Why wouldn't hospital admit her???

Gracie-- can you ask the hospital to admit you?? Or tell your family they need to help you NOW. I am concerned about you.

• Daniel86
    Daniel86 Member Posts: 207
    edited June 2019

Yeah, I am truly concerned too for her. I dont mean to be rude or intrude but maybe your kids are not fully aware of the severity of the situation and think this can be put off for now. I undestand they have plans and their life but this trumps it all in my mind.