How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• JanetMara
    JanetMara Member Posts: 147
    edited June 2019

If the hospital did not order a Palliative care for her,she or her friend must call her Primary doctor to order an urgent Palliative care service and a visiting RN must go there to see her ASAP. Her insurance must cover a Palliative care services which include a team of NURSE( who assesses her needs--physical,mental,psychological) who will refer her to a SOCIAL WORKER (for food,meals on wheels,financial situation) and a HOME HEALTH aide,someone who gives her shower,dresses her up,prepare meals etc.

My dear Gracie,if you are dehydrated or your symptoms get worse, you can always go back to the hospital and have a hospital SOCIAL WORKER get you a PALLIATIVE CARE order and refer you to a home health agency providing Palliative Services.

Please take your Zofran or Ondansetron to relieve your nausea so that you are able to take in fluids to prevent dehydration. Try to do your deep breathing exercises 10x every hour while awake if you can.

Heavenly Father ,please be with Gracie every hour and relieve her symptoms,make her comfortable,Lord calm her down knowing that you be with her and not forsake her.Please Lord,answer her prayers of comfort and healing.In Jesus mighty name.Amen.

Sending you my love and prayers.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited June 2019

Gracie, you need someone to help you today. Call.

Yes, I have noticed the typos. And the denial.

Gracie, Please call your son and daughter. If they can’t get to you they can make some phone calls for you and insist on your getting some help. Say the words “liver failure”. Tell them your symptoms and lack of pain relief, oxygen, etc. Or are you comfortable sending a private message to any of us saying what state or province you live in? Maybe off the public site, behind the scenes, we could find someone who lives close enough to help you get proper medical care. Would you give one of us permission to make some calls on your behalf? Can we call a friend or your kids and guide them in getting someone to help you?

You don’t want your kids and friends to have the pain of knowing they didn’t help you, because they didn’t understand what was happening, right?

You don't want them to get to your home and find you in terrible shape or worse, right?

GRACIE, YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU TODAY. CALL.

• JanetMara
    edited June 2019

Gracie,

Pls include me in your PM,maybe we are neighbors, I can have my husband drive me over to where you are.

• Daniel86
    Daniel86 Member Posts: 207
    edited June 2019

Y'all are admirable people!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited June 2019

If Gracie will allow me, I will make calls and advocate for her. I am good at doing that. I have experience with that and I am a problem solver. I am certainly well enough to do it. If anyone knows how to contact her directly, could you please relay my message? Beg that she allow someone to advocate for her? I want to respect whatever level of privacy she desires. But how can I stand by and watch this happen this way if there is anything I can do? She needs better medical care to get better, or better medical care to ease her way if this is the end. Thank you.

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited June 2019

Hi Gracie, all these wonderful, caring ladies are right - you wouldn't want your kids to think they could have done something had they known the seriousness of your health. Tell them how you are struggling to breathe, your dehydration and bilirubin levels. I am sure they'll drop everything and be next you in a few hours. Coast to coast is only 6 hrs journey. So please don't wait and call them NOW.

If you feel comfortable, send someone a private message about where you live. I am sure someone can help you with the needed care, specially making phone calls to the local social service group, palliative care, etc.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,039
    edited June 2019

I just tried to call her cell phone. Her mailbox is full. I couldn’t even leave a message. I’ll keep trying. I’m trying to figure out what town she’s in. She lives in an area that she has to travel quite far for help of any kind. I’m extremely worried that she didn’t answer. She answered Yesterday. I’ll keep calling. And trying. 😭😢

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited June 2019

Micmel, Thank you for letting us know and for trying to contact her. Gracie could be back in the hospital and not answering her phone. I do hope that it is the case since she will get the best care there.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited June 2019

Thanks Micmel for calling.

• micmel
    edited June 2019

I am doing research.

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    edited June 2019

micmel, reading back thru her posts.......her post dated 10-25-07 states Kansas.

Mary Ann

• micmel
    edited June 2019

yes I knew it was Kansas, problem is. The cell is registered to her son. So I’m trying to get that information to. Get a hold of him possibly. 😓

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited June 2019

Praying for Gracie now. Hopefully she is in the hospital receiving care.

• micmel
    edited June 2019

okay... she just answered me... she was sleeping. She’s very tired. I didn’t want to bombard her with questions. I will reach out later again after she gets up and see if her family had changed course for their trip. I’ll ask about the friends. Maybe somehow someone is close to her. I’m just so thankful she answered me. I will do my absolute best to keep checking on her, without invading her need to rest and respect her privacy and needs and wants. I love you Gracie. Very much honey!!

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited June 2019

Gracie. Even calling 911 to come to your house might help get you some help. They have resources. Or ask them to call a hospice to come to your house. Calling hospice does not mean you have to stay with them forever. 911 would be your fastest way to get immediate help.

• candy-678
    edited June 2019

Thank you Micmel for reaching out to her and letting us know. When you talk to her again, please tell her that she NEEDS palliative care or some kind of help from her treatment team. She should not be alone to have to monitor her own condition. I am glad we are here for each other. I love you all.

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    edited June 2019

micmel, you are the bomb. The kind of friend everyone should be so fortunate to have by their side. You go above and beyond. Thank you. Mary Anne

• micmel
    edited June 2019

I spoke to her again. Her friend is on call. She seemed very aware and alert. She is trying to rest. She said she wanted to be alone now and needed to rest .

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited June 2019

Micmel, if you have Gracie's cell #, you can call 911 and explain how you are concerned as an online support group friend and would like for someone to perform a "welfare check". Please explain she is exhibiting confusion and is by herself. They will trace the owner of the # and hopefully be able to make sure she is okay or call paramedics.

My daughter is a nurse and said this would ease concerns.

• JanetMara
    edited June 2019

Grannax2--you are right,she does not have to stay with Hospice,she just needs help to ease her symptoms right now and being with Hospice care does not mean she is stuck or she is dying, I have seen many people who signed on to Hospice but slowly they were able to bounce back to their pre-hospitalization status and eventually discharged from hospice. Another thing is she can always revoke Hospice and go back to the hospital for more aggressive treatments.

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    edited June 2019

I’m fine. The typos are pure laziness on my part. I’m not dead, haven’t had a stroke or any of that. I seemy regular MD in the morning and will talk to her about all of this. She and my onc and my surgeon all went to med school together and are really good friends, I’m not calling my kids back from a vacation they’ve been planning for over a year. They deserve that trip and I am a big girl. Thanks for all your concern but really, even if this is the end, I’m good with it!

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

ok thank you for all the concern. DO NOT attempt to contact my son!!! What an invasion of privacy!!!! Y’all just need to CHILL! I appreciate the concern. As you can see, I’m just fine, I’m really sorry I came in here for so many of you to freak-out! Good grief!

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

MODERATORS...please shut this DOWN! Being concerned and acting completely hysterical to the point of assuming you know my state of mind are two completely different things!!!!! And did I give ANY one permission to even think about contacting my family? Seems that would be an illegal invasion of privacy!!!!

Micmel is the only person on this site who has my number and I’ve done that on purpose!

• GracieM2007
    edited June 2019

Sorry I lost my temper and then thought better of it. I think you all need to realize though that you were pushing privacy laws and it could have gone as far as breaking them. I appreciate that you were only concerned. That’s admirable right up to the point that it becomes intrusive. Micmel has my phone number, she and I have had a good friendship for several years now. She was trying to help me out as much as she could while still trying to keep y’all calm. She knows me, nknows how I would feel about anyone trying to contact my kids. She was giving me the time she KNEW I needed to process things a little bit.

I’ve got this ladies, please quit worrying about me

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited June 2019

Oh dear Gracie, everyone is different but people here did not have a slightest intention to interfere, they just wanted to help. Most of us, when we feel bad, don't want to stay alone, and we thought you were alone... thanks god everything is in control.

Saulius

• candy-678
    edited June 2019

Sorry we upset you Gracie. It was not our intention. I thought you were alone and sick and needed help. Didn't mean to offend.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited June 2019

Gracie. I'm alone. I guess I just misplaced how I would feel and transferred it to how you would feel. Sorry. I would not want anyone to call my kids back from vacation either.. Anyway, all that is history now. You are moving forward with an appointment with your PCP, perfect plan. She'll take care of you.

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited June 2019

To everyone going through treatment for liver mets - how was your liver met diagnosed? Did anyone have nausea as an initial symptom of liver mets?

I am undergoing weekly Taxol for liver/bone mets and nausea seems to be constant. Don't know if it is the Taxol or the liver mets. I have to take Zofran everyday. Just wondering if anyone else experienced nausea with liver mets.

You gals are wonderful ! I get more information here than any other websites!

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2019

We are all different and respond to drugs differently. My liver mets were diagnosed when I was having a scan to see if my bones were responding to one of my treatments. I have extensive liver mets, and I still rarely have nausea. My guess is it's the Taxol, but just a guess. Good luck. It sounds pretty unpleasant.

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    edited June 2019

S3K5, I agree with Sandilee, it is more likely the nausea is caused by Taxol than liver mets, although we all present differently. I have never had nausea from my liver mets themselves and have had high volume liver mets for 4.5 years.

Gracie, one thing is clear - a lot of people on this site care about you! You are loved around here.