Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited October 2019

Another visit to my MO, another surprise. UGH. If it's not one thing it's another.

Yesterday, I was supposed to get Gem/Carb, Nope, ANC was too low. Only .5. My HGB was 9. She said that's okay but does not understand why my ANC has kept going down. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I had TX ( September 24) and it's gone down more since I got out of the hospital on Monday. I wonder why, too.

On Tuesday we will try again, this time a reduced dose of Gemzar and no Carbo. That's only three days away, I don't know how it will go up that fast. Then on the 22 I will have PET, labs, MO visit, TX and Neulasta. They are going to use the type that attaches to my body, I don't know what it's called.

I'm feeling very frustrated. I'm ready to know if this TX is even working, if not I'm ready to be on something different. This stuff is too hard on my bone marrow. At least I'll know on the 22nd. 💞

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2019

Grannax,

Good thoughts coming your way. You have had some rough times with some of these treatments! Try to take it easy and think healing thoughts.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited October 2019

Grannax- So sorry you are having such a hard time. I will be praying for you. I hate you are going thru this. Damn cancer !!!!

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    edited October 2019

Grannax, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you endure these setbacks...may you experience some relief and good news soon! Big hug

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

Thanks Candy. Yep it's no fun for sure. But, I'm determined to go to my grandkids birthday party tomorrow. They are turning 13 and 8. Wouldn't miss it for anything. 🎂💞

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    edited October 2019

Grannax, I'm so sorry for all of these twists and turns in your treatments. It is nerve-wracking!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the birthday party tomorrow! Stay warm; it's even chilly down here along the Gulf Coast, but beautiful!

BTW, when you get your neulasta patch, be sure you take Claritin a couple of days before and a couple of days after. It has something to do with the overproduction of histamines with the patch. I didn't have any problems with neulasta. It's just weird having something suddenly start ticking on your belly before it injects. One of my dogs was lying by my side when mine started ticking and she sat straight up and cocked her head ! :)

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

That’s funny Katty. Does Zyrtec work as well? I take it every day. I wonder what my cat will do.

I turned my heat on for the first time night before last. I’m so ready for fall. It feels awesome. Goodbye summer

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

Thanks Bev and Frisky. It’s so good to have frywho really get what all of this feels like.

• Kattysmith
    edited October 2019

Grannax, I only ever heard Claritin (not Claritin D) mentioned, but maybe your MO or nurses can advise about the Zyrtec.

Have big fun today!

• Naesha
    Naesha Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2019

NicoleRod, mine is TNBC Stage 3, it was spread to my Lymph node.

Sure Leftfootforward, i will contact u in PM.

Take care ladies

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

katty. I will get some Claritin. Turns out my son, the doctor, doesn't think it's a good idea for me to be at the germy skating rink. So, I guess I only get to go to the family dinner part of the birthday party at their house. Bummer Better be safe than sorry. Anyone else had an ANC of .5? How did you feel? I just feel wiped out.💞

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited October 2019

Gran soo sorry praying you have good news soon!!

HELP HELP..... UGHHHH I am bleeding????? I have hot flashes like crazy and i have lupron injection every month...have not had a period since april...I am spotting??? Any ideas why??? I stopped the letrozole 2 days ago could that be it???

• s3k5
    s3k5 Member Posts: 411
    edited October 2019

NicoleRod, I hope others will chime in about this issue you are having. I have read that it is not unusual for women to have spotting after stopping letrozole. Hopefully you can get some answers from your oncologist tomorrow.

Grannax2 , sorry to read about all the things you are going through. I take claritin one day before and one day after taking Nupogen and it definitely helps reduce bone pain. For seasonal allergies, I take Allegra. Hope your blood count comes to normal soon. It is really difficult to function with low counts. Hope you were able to attend the dinner part of the party for your grandchildren.

• bbpie
    bbpie Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2019

NicoleRod...I did not have any Lupron injections, but I was told spotting or cycles could appear even years after the last period. In February 2018, before I learned of my mets, I was having daily spotting. I knew it was not a period. I had not had a cycle since April 2015 then I started chemo which put me into early menopause.

A year passed and it just became annoying and inconvenient with daily bleeding. In March 2019, my oncologist put me in touch with a gynecologist specializing in breast cancer. They could not find anything by ultrasound and failed to get an in office endometrial biopsy. The gynecologist scheduled a hysteroscopy to find out what was going on. I had several polyps and fibroids removed (all non cancerous) which has successfully relievedthe issue. I had not had any “female” problems prior to my original cancer diagnosis in 2015. Most likely the fibroids and polyps were from the Tamoxifen. Hope you find answers!

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited October 2019

Thanks I do not want to get my uterus out unless absolutely necessary...because I do not want bladder issues (my mom and 3 other women I know their bladder dropped a few years after having the uterus out) I already have bladder issues.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2019

Nicole,

I think bbpie is suggesting something other than getting your uterus out -- she is talking about a hysteroscopy rather than a hysterectomy (where they remove your uterus and possibly more.)

When I was diagnosed with mets to the polyp on my cervix in 2006, my MO sent me to a gynecological oncologist. I still see him. Those folks are trained more to look for signs of cancer than are traditional gynecologists. At some point (probably not just yet) you might want to look into one of these more specialized gynecologists who can address your particular issue. Your MO is your starting point, and then they will further refer if they think you need it.

• Lumpie
    Lumpie Member Posts: 1,553
    edited October 2019

Greetings, compatriots! I post on this thread sometimes but often find myself sucked into the cancer vortex and don't always keep up. Candy-678 kindly checked on me to see how I was doing and I thought I would post an update. When people disappear, we often wonder if they are ok. Doing pretty ok here. I post on a few other forums on BCO (breaking news, ACA, etc.) and there are a couple of forums I keep up with on Facebook. I keep telling myself I have to cut back on social media. On the one hand, it sustains me on the other, it takes a lot of time.

I started on a clinical trial - Destiny. By the time they got me on-boarded, my tumor had gotten a lot bigger. :( It has taken a lot of time and appointments to get thru the start up period. The trial drug is DS8201a but I was randomized to the Kadcyla arm. I will get more scans in a few weeks to see how things look. I have gotten an awful rash on my face. I think it is the Kadcyla but my docs seem less sure. Not sure what else would be causing it. It is an annoyance and at times quite uncomfortable but could be worse. I am also seeing a dermatologist about it.

I got to go to a Casting for Recovery outing in Sept. It was great. I recommend it if you get a chance. I went to the Stage IV Stampede. It is a Metavivor event. We go to Capitol Hill to lobby for: updating the SEER database; better access to SSDI and Medicare; and increased funding for breast cancer research. It is in October every year. I recommend participating if you are able. It allows me to feel like I am doing something. Otherwise, I am dealing with fatigue, of course. Keeping up with continuing ed in case I get to go back to work and other administrative minutia - I'll spare you the details. And an aunt passed away recently. I went to her memorial service. Was very grateful to be able to go.

As you can see, there is no end to the excitement. That is my situation in a nutshell. I've read some of the posts. Hope everyone is doing ok.

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

I did get to go to the dinner party for the kids birthdays

It was really fun. Love my 8 and 13 year old grandchildren.

Tomorrow I go for infusion of reduced Gemzar. That is if my ANC is high enough. I’m sure it will be easier on my bone marrow. Maybe I won’t have low counts anymore.

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited October 2019

Lovely pic Grannax! Hope your infusion goes as planned tomw and is tolerable for you

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2019

today I was in tv for a small segment on real men wear pink and making strides against breast cancer. Totally out of my comfort zone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=Is_E0homOhc

• Lumpie
    Lumpie Member Posts: 1,553
    edited October 2019

Great picture Grannax! Those grandkids are too cute!

Leftfoot: OMG u r a super star! You were great! Thank you for your advocacy and for getting the word out!

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,027
    edited October 2019

Dear Leftfootforward, phew... I cried. Boys do cry. Thank you for what you are doing. Saulius (husband of a 36 year old wife and a 4 year old son).

• Kattysmith
    edited October 2019

Great photo Grannax! Your grands are adorable! Good luck today, keeping my fingers crossed!

Katty

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited October 2019

LFF - Great job! Very articulate, succinct and encouraging!

• candy-678
    edited October 2019

Lumpie- Good to see you back on the Liver Met Thread. Please stay with us.

Grannax- Wonderful pic of you and your grandkids. Hope things go well with the treatment today.

Leftfootforward- OH MY GOSH GIRL. Thank you, thank you for speaking out for Stage 4. You were wonderful.

I am so proud of the ladies here- Grannax, Leftfootforward, and Philly is doing a modeling thing, I think. So many strong women here. I post things on Facebook about Stage 4 but that is about all in my world.

Hugs to all. My next scan is next Monday the 21st.

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

candy My scan is 22nd. We'll be doing scanxiety together.

Thanks , ladies. I agree my GC are adorable.💞

• candy-678
    edited October 2019

Grannax- I will pray for you. You say a prayer for me. Hugs.

• Grannax2
    edited October 2019

I sure will Candy. I did not get to have chemo yesterday. My ANC was still too low. Grrr I guess we'll try again next Tuesday depending on what scan and labs say. Hurry up and wait. A day in the life.💞

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2019

I haven’t had chemo in a month because insurance denied the new meds and the approval for the ones I was in ended after a year. My oncologist isn’t worried but I am done waiting. Just get the old stuff reaporoved and then keep working on the new stuff. So frustrated.