Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited December 2020

LU77 good news for you. Hoping ascites get under control quickly!

Dee

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited December 2020

Husband, thank you for taking the time to outline these points. Very helpful 😊.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2020

Lu77, great news!

And Husband, yes, thanks for taking the time to explain all of that about ascites.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2020

I’ve been MIA.

First there were complications during my MWA. My IR thought he saw bleeding in my liver. He had to go back in throughmy groin to the area in my liver that was bleeding, to auterize it.

Then he had the nurses put me on my right side to put pressure on the liver so that I would not bleed.

I spent the night of course and woke up with no idea what had happened to me. I was so drugged and confused.

Then I tried to walk with assistance without oxygen. It kept going down to 85 whether I was walking or laying down. So, they made me spend another night. Grrrrr

My son came to get me for the special weekend. I had a good time but it was too much. I came home last night and have been asleep ever since.

I don’t even have enough energy for words. So, I’ll touch base when I do. What a crazy week it’s been.

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Grannax,

Hope you rest well. Thanks for checking in. We were all worried about you!

Post when you feel like you can. Thinking good thoughts.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited December 2020

I’m a little better this morning.

Someone asked why I’m doing a trial I’m not doing a trial. I was just trying to understand what options I have Turns out that trial is not a good option for me so I will be doing Halaven on December 15 Jow i dread it, hair loss and all

How on earth will I feel well enough in seven days ?!?! I still feel like crap from all I’ve been through in the past few weeks 😑

Something miraculous is going to have to happen to heal my body in that amount of time

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited December 2020

Grannax, Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I'm sorry to hear there were complications and I hope you can sleep as much as you need to now to let your body rest. I would hope your MO will assess whether you're able to withstand starting Halaven on your scheduled day. Maybe delaying another week or so will allow you to gain your strength back. 🙏🙏🙏 You've had a rough go with the recent mwa procedures. Gentle hug to you 💗

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2020

Grannax, I wish the procedure had been easier for you. I thought things might go more smoothly this time. Rest and relax and give your body time to recover. It has been through so much in just a few weeks. I am sure it is a shock to your body, and that crappy feeling is a reminder that you should take it easy.Your are in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited December 2020

Grannax- Gentle Hug from here.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited December 2020

Grannax glad you are ok. I actually really like Halaven and hope to stay on it for a LOOOOOONG time. I hope you do as well..

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

Grannax,

I take it as a good sign that you are well enough today to at least post. That's the good news.

I agree with others here that maybe you should touch base with you MO and let her/him know how you are feeling and how much this has stressed out your body. There is no sense in starting chemo if you already feel badly -- can you check with your MO about this?

Feel better.

• Live333
    Live333 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2020

Hi everyone, I’ve been busy researching/lurking. I have mets to ribs/liver/lungs. I’ve been in treatment for 2 years. Nothing works more than a few months. I have two mutations that i think are causing the treatment problems and I’m Er+Pr-Her- Getting to the point, I’m starting Halaven on the 16th. Does anyone know if H helps with lungs? My right lung is a mess, both have small plural effusions and right lung is only at 30 % because of scaring, thickening and a loculated area. It’s hard for me to even read this. I’m a mess. Sorry to have hijacked your post. All of you seem so knowledgeable and any advice would be appreciated.

Livexx

• nicolerod
    edited December 2020

Welcome Live...I suggest you ask all your questions in our Halaven Day 1 thread:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/762000?page=91#idx_2719.

I am also on Halaven...I do not have lung mets as yet but I do have liver. This is my 4th treatment in a year...everything else failed after 3 months. If you want to ask questions in there I will be happy to answer so we don't hijack this liver thread :) or you can PM me.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited December 2020

Hello, Live333, and welcome. Do visit the Halaven thread for that topic as Nicole suggests, but also hang out with us on this liver thread I am a longtime member posting less frequently these days.

You guys, I am at the moment lying in pre-op waiting for my seventh (!) ERCP stent procedure. New ones every ten to twelve weeks keep me going. Remember the Groundhog Day movie where Bill Murray keeps waking up to the same day? And each time he has a different attitude? Yesterday mine was Ticked Off that I have to keep doing this. I'm a little more accepting today but what a waste of a day!

Sending a gentle hug to Grannax2. You'll bounce back, my dear, just let yourself heal.

• nicolerod
    edited December 2020

SP...with you in Spirit! Hope things go well! :)

• Live333
    edited December 2020

Thank you, I will check it out. I do have questions. I’m still learning how to navigate the sites.

Livexx

• Live333
    edited December 2020

Thank you, I will check it out. I do have questions. I'm still learning how to navigate the sites.

Livexx

Shetlandpony,

Oh boy! I hope all goes well and you can forget for a while. I have seen Groundhog Day many times. I feel similarwhenever I get my scans. I'm literally terrified. With the classical music in the waiting room (violins) it's more like the Titanic though! I've requested piano music “ they have a suggestion box" but still 🎻 Feel better xx

• nicolerod
    edited December 2020

Livexx that is better than at my PET scan place they were playing John Mayer and it was like he was playing heavy metal...omgosh this one day I was so stressed out... they would like play Andrea Boccelli...then Heavy metal...it was horrible. I called after I left and complained...then I go back 3 months later and its still on just lower volume! I actually asked the front desk if I could lower it (the radio playing it is in the waiting area) they said yes.

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

I can top that. At my most recent abdominal MRI, to look at my liver ablation, the tech had the radio or whatever it is tuned to some sports show. Now, I am not opposed to sports. However, this was two commentators who were highly agitated talking about the weekend's football games and they were overly excited. My procedure started, and I yelled out Can you please turn off the sports show? I guess they didn't hear me because of the mask and the noise of the machine. It went on, and I was getting more and more agitated between the test, the automated voice saying "hold your breath," and the stupid sports show. They called in to tell me that the next set of breath holds were coming in, and I quickly shouted out "turn off the sports show." They finally got the message. Yikes.

• ShetlandPony
    edited December 2020

Unbelievable. Wish I could have turned off the men talking sports and whatnot while I was in labor getting an epidural. Jeez, guys, have some respect.

News flash: After 1 1/2 years of bile duct stents, the doctor said there was flow today and he did not put news ones in! 🤞 I guess that might mean my trial drugs worked on some sneaky invisible ILC in that area.

• ShetlandPony
    edited December 2020

Live333, how about bringing a device with your own music, and ear buds?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    edited December 2020

Shetland pony

Happy dance for you!! 💃🏻

Dee

• BevJen
    edited December 2020

SP,

Wow. That's amazing news. Great!!!!!

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    edited December 2020

Shetland Pony, I am very happy for you.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited December 2020

Shetland, Great newsflash!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,163
    edited December 2020

SP - Hurray! Great news!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,874
    edited December 2020

VBishop- that is the usual PFS for most chemos from the trials, averages were about four months (meaning half of patients go longer, and half shorter). This is where the ADCs (Trodelvy, Enhertu- targeted chemo) do better, the trials with these guys got PFS more like 16 months, which is obviously a big difference. Enhertu requires at least some Her2 expression (but most MBC has that) where Trodelvy requires Trop1 expression. There's others as well but most are still in clinical trial stage, hopefully they get FDA approval for ER-positive disease soon.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited December 2020

Shetland Pony - great news! something is working right!

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited December 2020

lots to catch up onx. I find it hard to read during the week while I teach.

December 4th marked 8 years since my metastatic diagnosis. December 13th is my 20 year anniversary of my original diagnosis.

There have been some hard years in there especially this one but I wouldn’t trade them for anything as I am still here today.

One day at a time. I wish you all the best. Thank you for your support over the years.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited December 2020

oops- 10 year anniversary not 20. But why not aim for 20