Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How are people with liver mets doing?

Comments

• WorriedDaughter91
    WorriedDaughter91 Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2015

Dear BabyRuth,

Last April mum had a liver resection. According to scan and PET she had just one met. During surgery they found out she had 7 more lesions, all very small, that (for some reason) didn't lit up on PET and weren't visible on scan. Surgeon resected 5 mets on one lobe, but didn't touch the other lobe, so she was left with 3 small mets ( 7mm and 9mm). Total recovery took few weeks.

Since then, thank the Good Lord, nothing new showed up nor in the liver nor anywhere else and the 3 mets left are stable according to last MRi. And I pray God that Kadcyla will keep working for a very long time.

I hope I have been helpful and if you need more information just ask.

Prayers to you and all your family

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    edited October 2015

Worrieddaughter91-Thank you so much for sharing your mothers story. It sounds like she is doing really well and I pray that she remains stable. I will find out later this week what the doctors recommend. Prayers to your family also.

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2015

I just had my CT scan yesterday's I will know hopefully bybtuesdsy if my liver is NED. I only had one tumors that they removed all of and there wasn't any other cancer they could see during the surgery. I am hopeful that I am NED. Let me know when you hear what they think would be your best option

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited October 2015

Leftfoot, good luck on your results , we await your post with hopefully good news.

Babyruth, i hope your doctors make the roght decision for you and get you to NED

worrieddaughter, i hope kadcyla keeps working on keeping your mom sable.

Prayers to all of you ladies have a nice weekend

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    edited October 2015

Oncologist just texted " scans good" so I am assuming there was NED in my liver on the scan. don't have details. See her tomorrow. Glad she let me know today. I am also assuming the US they did on my thyroid was fine. I am breathing al little better.

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2015

Just received my CT scan report. Stable, with slight decrease in liver mets. (from 2.3 to 2.0) I kinda wanted more dramatic results, but beggars can't be choosers, so I'll take it. As long as things continue to go in that direction with Xeloda, I will happily stay on it, in spite of mild HFS.

I see my onc tomorrow, and I imagine he'll say, "stay the course."

• moni731
    moni731 Member Posts: 212
    edited October 2015

leftffootforward and sandilee- Congrats on the scans!

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Leftfoot, yayyyyyy for you scan results and thyroid US . i am very happy for you i hope you stsy NED for a very longtime :)).

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Sandilee,

Happy you have stable results even tough you are disappointed about the tumor's reduction, but give the medication some more time. The important thing is you are stable. Congrats!

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2015

Congrats to all the ladies with the good scans!!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2015

Yes Sandilee, stable is good! Here's to massive reduction on the next round. Left foot that awesome. Hi Woody, hope all is well!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2015

So glad to hear about all the good scan results!

Leah

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

I am good artistheart so far thank youbfor asking. How about you? I hope all is well. :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2015

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• diana50
    diana50 Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2015

so happy to hear good news on scans. Wonderful👍👍

• artistatheart
    edited October 2015

Woody, I am very well so far. Starting my 3rd round of ibrance/Femara and hardly any SE's to mention. My first scan since being on this will be mid-Nov and of course I have high hopes! However, I have learned from all of you wonderful girls that if that is not the case, don't panic! Just figure out what's next. Thanks! Best to all!

• scrunchthecat
    scrunchthecat Member Posts: 138
    edited October 2015

I just met with my oncologist after my first-round treatment PET-CT scan. I was on the Cleopatra protocol - Taxotere, Perjeta, Herceptin - for six rounds. I had several small lesions on my liver when I started treatment. Now they are gone! Also gone is the cancer activity in my lymph nodes. All that remains is some low-level activity in my primary breast tumor - max SUV 3.3. I will be on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks, indefinitely. The doctor thinks the Herceptin-Perjeta treatment will take care of the breast. Another PET-CT in four months. Fingers crossed.

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Artistheart, this is great, i hope you continue to feel almost no SEs , keep your good spirit and we will wait together for your scan results in november. 11 of November will be meaningful to me , i would have passed one year with NED, my next scan will be end of December. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Till then my prayers are for sll the ladies on this board because they are simply amazing. I will be thinking of you and wishing you wonderful scan results.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited October 2015

Hi all

First, congats to all that had good scan results!!!!!

This is my first posting on this board. I found out on 10/1 that my BC progressed to my bones and my liver. The spot on my liver is 1.5 cm. I just had a liver biopsy last week and am waiting for the results to see if it's still ER & PR+ and Her 2 -. I was on Ibrance/Femara but obviously they weren't the right meds for me. Will be going into a clinical trial at MSKCC for GDC 0810-(think it's the same as ARM810.) Not sure what to expect, what to ask, etc. MO said no chemo and no radiation at this point though I'm not exactly sure why other than she said it's so small and they hope to shrink it with meds.

Any input would be great!

Babs

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2015

Good luck, babs. Please let us know how your biopsy results turn out and if there were any changes.

Also, keep us posted regarding your trial, if you do it. I'm not familiar with GDC 0810 but would be interested in knowing more. Ibrance/Femara failed me, also. Faslodex did work for 3 1/2 years until progression to my liver. I'm not on Xeloda and doing ok, but would love to hear of some more non-chemo treatments.

• artistatheart
    edited October 2015

Thanks Woody, I'll be thinking of you too! I would like to hear fro more ladies with liver mets for whom Ibrance/Femara has worked? Seems like I hear of a lot of failures, including Babs and Sandilee ( so sorry ladies...) Good luck Babs with the trial. Luckily the tumor is small!

• josalive
    josalive Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2015

Congrats scrunchthecat! I also recently finished my taxotere, carbo, herceptin and perjeta and had a really great response like you! I've been on the herceptin and perjeta for 4 months now and it really is very easy. I ended up having surgery on my breast and liver and am now Ned. It sounds like you will be there soon. I just finished my last radiation treatment and am free (except for h&p every 3 weeks) until my next scan in 6 months. It really feels good to have some of this stuff finished up for now. Congrats on your great results... I hope you can do something fun to celebrate.0

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Scrunchthecat , congrats on your results , i hope you continue to do well on HP alone. I did the same combo , it started last november and after three month i got complete response thanks be to God . I have been on HP alone since almost six mothns and will continue on the like you for as long as they work. I praynit continues to work for the both of us and ple ty of other ladies.

• scrunchthecat
    scrunchthecat Member Posts: 138
    edited October 2015

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. Keep posting your progress so that we can all compare treatment and effectiveness.

• diana50
    edited October 2015

Hope. Thank you all for good news on great scans. I progressed in liver on lxempra but just finished first cycle (3 weeks on one week off) of gemzar. (next week is off week.Mets in kidneys and liver. Good news is after only two gemzar my kidney function (creatine) is normal which hasn't been for 4 months. Thinking gemzar is doing its business in liver and belly. No scan for at least 3 months. Haven't seen TMs yet but feeling like they are coming down. Liver met biggest is 4cm X 4.9 cm. plus lots of little ones. Following thread closely. Praying for all of us. Liver enzymes and AP still in normal range too.

Everyone take good care and keep on. Yep ⚡️⚡️💐💐👊🏻

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2015

I just finished my 2nd cycle of Ibrance/Femara combo, now on my off week and hoping to get some good news next month wehn I get my PET/CT! So glad to see people getting good results, but also nervous about Ibrance working, my TM's went up last month!!

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Diana, i am so sorry for your progression on Ixempra but i am glad that Gemzar seems to be working and that your kidney function went back to normal. I pray in few month you will gobback to stable. Hewling thougths and good vibes heading your way.

• Woodylb
    edited October 2015

Mama2twins,

I wish you good luck on Ibrance/femara , give it some time to work. Prayers.

• diana50
    edited October 2015

thanks woody. You are so supportive. 😘

I have good feeling about this gemzar. I know it has helped others.

Like I said. I follow this thread. Only best wishes for us liver metsters. Pow cancer.

• artistatheart
    edited October 2015

Yes Mama give it time as my TM's went up the second round too. I start my third round tonight and get another blood test Friday so we'll see. A lot of people don't think TM's are very reliable. Congrats Scrunch, that is good news. Best wishes Diana, I am following this thread closely too. Having liver mets scares the @#$% out of me and it comforts me to know how people are dealing and where they go next. Woody I hope that HP works indefinitely for you. Best to all!