Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

FEC-D regime

Options

Comments

• Gonein40
    Gonein40 Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2014
    Options

serenity. I wore nail polish the whole 6 treatments n that seemed to help. The last part D I was in mitts n booties that were ice. Good luck with your first treatment. Hugs 

• Amazonwarrior
    Amazonwarrior Member Posts: 140
    edited September 2014
    Options

serenity: Good luck today with your first!!! Will be thinking of you! 

Did they already give you Emend or will you be asking for it?

As far as the icing on hands and feet and wearing nail polish, it was only during the D part (Docetaxel) to prevent nail changes. 

Wishing you minimal side effects (SE)!!!

((( hugs)))

• SerenityNow
    SerenityNow Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2014
    Options

Gonein40: Yes they have let me know that it's only the "D" part of 4/5/6
    that I need to do the ice. And they put my hands in an ice baggy - so
    I'm happy about that.

Amazon: Home safe and sound and it went well. Yes they prescribed Emend before and I took it today (and will tomorrow and Sunday). No nausea just tired, groggy and a slight headache. Going to eat something light, drink more water and have a nap.
    I will take those hugs!! Right back atcha!

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

serenity: I am glad they gave you Emend right from the start. I only had it for the 3rd round of FEC, but it made a HUGE difference as far as nausea.

How are you feeling?  

BTW, do you have a PICC line or port?

• Lolis
    Lolis Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2014
    Options

Good luck Serenity!!! Hope the side effects are minimal. I used to eat a popsicle every time I got back from the chemo treatment (FEC) to help prevent the mouth sores. And with the D part I kept eating Greek yoghurt or kefir to help with mouth thrush. 

I received a call from the RO and I have to go back again for another CT as my heart it's close to the area that will be irradiated. Apparently I have to use Active Breathing Coordinator (ABC) during my radiation sessions. 

I am curious to see how the procedure will go. 

• SerenityNow
    edited September 2014
    Options

Happy Saturday!

So I have a sassy new hair cut in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness month (and my friends organized a team for the CIBC Run for the Cure this October 5th) which I'm looking forward to. Our team is almost 60 people strong and we've raised over $8,000.00 - I'm so proud of everyone.

I figure WHY NOT... go groovy! It's just gonna fall out in 3 weeks anyway...lol.

Amazon: - Last night was worse than the day... but tolerable. Foggy, headachey, groggy, tired (but didn't sleep well), burning skin, tingly legs and arms.
    But today is much better. Thank God for the Emend - or I'm sure I would have been super BARFY.
    A little bit of mouth dryness this morning - but no sores (should I expect this right away or by next session?)
    Trying not to think about how sore I might be after the Neulasta shot on Monday - but I have pain meds if I need them.
    No port. She says so long as I have good veins (which thankfully I do for now) no port. So just IV (PICC I guess).

Lolis: Good luck on the ABC - keep us posted. Thanks for the popsicle and yogurht tips - I'll keep those in mind.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

serenity: Love the new hair cut (sassy indeed) and the idea of getting other people involved and raising money! Way to go!

Glad to hear that the SE were tolerable!

Neulasta: I was taking Claritin to prevent muscle/bone pain. This was suggested by qiute a few ladies on this site.

Mouth Sores/ dry mouth: A good way to prevent them is to use baking soda rinse (e.g., 1 tsp of baking soda and 1 cup of water) 3-4 times daily. I also used Biotene toothpaste to help with dry mouth.

PICC- line: Is what that they put in your upper arm to access veins for the duration of chemo that is a few months. (Please, refer to the pictures on page 5 on this thread.)

That might be a good idea to have, because even though you might have good veins, the chemo drugs (especially Epirubicin- the 'red devil') are very harsh on the veins and can seriously  damage them as well as the surrounding tissue (e. g, necrosis) if they happen to leak out. 

So it's for prevention. You might want to ask your MO just in case.

Lolis: Do you know more about this ABC technique?

Ang: How did your concert go?

Bicque: Did you get a chance to volunteer and meet up with Ang?

Yen: How is your radiated skin holding up? Are you over your cold yet?

Gonein: How is the infection? Any better?

How's everyone feeling these days?

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

all: Is anyone here interested in creating a secret FB page for our group of ladies to stay in touch in a different setting?

Please, let me know your thoughts and ideas and PM (private message) me.

If yes, what would we call ourselves? Perhaps something not related to bc?

Sugestions? 

• footballnut
    footballnut Member Posts: 449
    edited September 2014
    Options

Well hello all!  We played this past Friday at The Relay For Life..... it was ok.  Despite our many rehearsals, we had some hiccups but we are always harder on ourselves.  Performing is always enjoyable despite how cold it was.  Personally, I found the event itself to be very depressing but maybe that is just me.  They had one woman share her story which scared the sh*t out of me.... maybe that's when I had enough of the event......

The organizers and volunteers were awesome and so friendly.  The participants seemed cold and in their own world.  But that may have just been me.

Now we are focusing on the next event, Saturday Oct 25 at PK Creek in Mississauga.  This will be awesome.  4 bands, silent auctions, door prizes...... we have 300 tickets to sell and nearly 100 are gone already... if anyone wants tix to this, you can order them online from my facebook page:  Rocking It Bald or go to rockingitbald.com.  For our Brampton gig on Nov 21, I will  be happy to deliver tickets to anyone that wants to purchase.  We will have 3 bands there including a professional one called SECOND PASS.  They are awesome!!

Despite being 12 days since my final chemo, I am still experiencing;

- Mild aches and pains especially in certain spots like under my left rib, thighs, hips and upper back

- Waves of chills

- Water retention.  Ugh!!!!!!

- Hot flashes at night which I suspect are a result of chemopause so these may never end!!  lol

- Taste buds are returning to normal slowly

Other than that, I am  doing okay. Hopefully these will end soon especially the water retention.  Sometimes I find it hard to get going, and the days when I really feel tired, I just hang out and read.

I'll be seeing my Onc next Tuesday.  I guess that we'll discuss next steps which I fear will include tamoxifen.  I have heard so much negative stuff about this although I also know women who have had no issues with it.  Next Wed is my 5th herceptin... can't wait to end this next June.  

I'm on long term disability starting Sept 17th so I suspect that I will continue to be off for awhile as I get over the side effects and learn to understand new ones from any other "treatment" that I may receive.  If anyone wants to hook up, let me know.  

Have a great day all!  Chat soon!

Remember you can reach me anytime on Facebook (Angie Sandow) or angsan@sympatico.ca or rockingitbald@hotmail.com

• Gonein40
    edited September 2014
    Options

amazon the infection is looking good. Seen ps on fri n he said keep going n getting it packed. I am going to be having surgery in the new yr n he said if he needed to do anything then he would step in n help it along.  Then hopefully he is thinking my surgery for breast in cpl months after my gallbladder surgery. So until then I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for my infection. Like that's going to happen. I have had an infection since my surgery last nov so you can understand y I am sceptable     Hope you've been feeling better.  

Serenity. Love the hair. 

Football. You've been busy. 

• Bicque
    Bicque Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2014
    Options

Serenity, welcome! I love the hair :-)  

Gonein40, that is a long time to have an infection, I'm sorry you are going through that. Did it impact your treatment at all? My aunt had an infection and it did. She was unable to have one of the steps, radiation therapy I believe.

Footballnut, the return to normal of the tastebuds is a wonderous thing. I pigged out the other week on Sensations Salt and Peppercorn peanuts, the pepper did wonderful things to my tastebuds so much so, that I ate the whole package in an unseemly short length of time. But it was worth it. :-)

Yensmiles, do you use the Himalayan salt and turmeric for the taste or for the health properties? I picked up some tumeric, but the Himalayan salt was a bit too expensive, I'm going to try the sea salt that I have. Do you bake or fry your chips? I haven't tried making them with anything other than potatoes. Shall perhaps try sweet potato first, or beet  chips.

Amazon, love the idea for a fb page. 

You had asked about radiation, I have completed that, just a bit of broken skin under the breast and around my incision. Oh, and a swollen, extremely painful nipple which stopped just short of turning black. (It made it to a purply charcoal shade.)  I made it through surgery, chemo and radiation without too many really negative side effects, so I can't complain. 

I'm still losing fingernails, thumbs and index fingers twice so far with no end in sight so far. I shall definitely appreciate manicures all the more when  they return to normal.

Hope all are well and pain free.

• yensmiles
    yensmiles Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2014
    Options

hi all, thanks for the reply on nausea meds! I spilled water on my laptop and so caught up on the messages and will keep reply brief! No fun typing on phone!!!

Bisque, I've been naughty! Fried potatoes and sweet potatoes, thick cuts like wedges in oil!!! Sprinkled turmeric, chilli and sea/ Himalayan salt! Lol! I can't remember which it is as I removed salt from packaging to glass bottle!!

flu is gone, thank God! Happy as can be  being poked thrice today in new hospital! To be fair, the nurses were trying to avoid the easy vein which has benn used four times!!! Unfortunately after two failed attempts, back to same vein!!! 

Serenity, cold packs worked for my nails! :) love the hair!! 

• yensmiles
    edited September 2014
    Options

I've gotta share this: love the new hospital I'm in as they serve lunch in real dishes! And utensils! Yay to ceramic plates and bowls +Stainless steel utensils* glass mugs!!! The previous hospital with five star hotel settings served  in plastic take away containers and disposable utensils which makes me feel bad for the environment!!! Loving this small but meaningful difference! 

• Bicque
    Bicque Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yensmiles, an A+W has opened up near me and they serve their pop in chilled glass mugs and I swear their diet coke tastes the best. They also serve their fries in miniature metal fry baskets.

• SerenityNow
    edited September 2014
    Options

Morning ladies,
    So I hit the wall - last 2 days not so good. Was rushed to emergency yesterday with chest pain and shortness of breath.
    Spent all day there and went back later at night as the pain returned.
    I've realized a couple things:
    1) Don't eat acidic food. (pineapple on my belly = PAIN)
    2) Eat fiber or take a laxative every day while on the meds (to avoid the extremely painful constipation I've had for 2 days).
    3) Eat smaller meals.
    4) Go to a hospital where they actually know what they are doing and are fully staffed (...never again Oshawa).

Any suggestions on your food intake/regime?

I'm still not sure if it was the Neulasta that kicked my ass or all of it. Bone pain wasn't too bad. I took the Claritin the first day, but then yesterday right after I took it, came the chest pain and shortness of breath, so I'm thinking maybe I don't take it anymore and stick with meds?Good advice on the Baking Powder - as my mouth now tastes like the desert. 
    (Bicque - I'm with you on the chilled A&W mugs. Oh how I would love a cold root beer, right now... but alas, it would taste like dirty water to me.)

Overall question - do you all find you are "sickest" the 1st week, then better the 2nd, then good the 3rd or are you always feeling something? And does it get worse as you go or better, from cycle to cycle? Sorry if you've answered this before...

• mudwmn
    mudwmn Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    Options

hi everyone - i haven't posted in awhile. I had a nice break after chemo (almost 12 weeks) and then started rads this week - 3 down, 22 to go. I'm finding it tough, emotionally, as it is a daily reminder of my bc. I only had a couple of appts after chemo so it was nice to be able to think about something else for awhile. I had the permanent tatoos - they are very tiny and hard to see. I am using aloe vera gel and glaxal base lotion. I researched all the creams they recommend and they all had either a paraben of some kind and petrolatum. I opted for the least toxic of them all....

Welcome Serenity - after chemo, i felt ok for the first couple of days and then got bad on days 4,5,6 and slowly got better after that. SE from FEC were manageable but i had more trouble with the D treatments. I had a lot of heartburn during chemo and my family doctor put me on zantac (ranitidine). I'm off that now - medication free! Since i'm triple negative, there is no further medication for me - kind of a curse-blessing....

I met my medical oncologist on Monday and he started off by saying that my muscle and joint pain (it started a few weeks after last treatment and gets worse when i try to be more acitve like walk at a good pace for 30 minutes - i used to run 5km 3 times a week and do yoga once or twice per week) is not related to the D - i told him about what i've read - research and info here - then he admitted that it can happen 50% of the time... My family doctor okd me for glucosamine which i started last week. Also taking calcium and magnesium supplements.

I've had to learn to really pace myself and do gentle stretches each day. I could not imagine going back to work for a long while yet - kudos to those who can... I find it difficult when i see people who say "you look great! When are you going back to work?" Again, i am learning to be gentle with myself...

Good to read all your posts.

• yensmiles
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'm being gentle to myself to mudwmn! :( it is good allow oneself to relax! :) I felt muscle pains just after walking my dogs and now I know why from what you shared.. Have been 6weeks after chemo for me.. And today was 13th radiotherapy session!!

Bicque I love chilled drinks especially in a glass! A&w here serves it in chilled glass mugs too.. Wish more fast food would so that and minimise all the trash! It's a sign of health for me cos initially during my weaker days after surgery and chemo.. Everything had to be room temperature!

Serenity, I took heaps of pineapple!!! It helps digestion though I never really took it on an empty stomach.. Usually it's in between meals or if in the morning, it's juices along with carrots and that helps the "caustic" effect.. Cos pineapple is high in bromelain, a digestive enzyme and it is also great for anti-inflammation though having said that, everyone's body is different and if it doesn't agree with you? Best to avoid it!  I am always terrible from the very evening of chemo.. Lethargy kicks in then and get progressively better and would be practically normal by their week! :) during the chemo months, I also eat heaps of fruit and nut and drink green tea.. And only steamed/boiled/stir fry food to avoid accumulation of toxic heat (this is a Chinese food theory thing: chemo is toxic heat and anything fried/ baked adds to the heat). 

Hope that helps! :) 

• yensmiles
    edited September 2014
    Options

Amazon, this one's for you.. Tried posting it earlier and just realised it didn't show! That's how my markings look like! Temporary yet a bit prominent! My vet asked, just a few days ago when I brought one of my pooches there for suspected tick fever, on whether it's a religious symbol and permanent tattoo!!! I had a good laugh!! The cross of the belly and chest is usually hidden by my clothes but the one between the collar bones are always showing! Somehow, thank god, I walk confidently wherever I need to go with this unusual marking!!! 3) 

• mudwmn
    mudwmn Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    Options

lolis - about wearing a bra during rads... It was recommended to me to wear loose clothing and my bra would not constitute loose clothing... What i am wearing is a surgical camisole that i bought when i found out that i was to have a second surgery (axillary dissection) but since my PET scan came up clear the surgery was cancelled. I was going to return the camisole but tried it on and love it. It is really comfortable while still giving me the support a bra would give and can also accomodate my prosthetic. Here is a link to see the pic of it, if you are interested. 

http://www.amoena.com/Products/Recovery-Care/Recovery-Garments/Hannah-Camisole/Hannah-Camisole-White

• Lolis
    Lolis Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2014
    Options

Serenity - love the hair!!! 

During FEC my SEs lasted for 3 days only, the day of chemo and the following 2. I had my treatments on Thursdays so I was feeling not so well until Sunday and Monday I was back to work (I have been working from home since May). I kept walking my dog everyday even after chemo day. I drank a lot of water (at least 1-2L as I was receiving FEC and more after when I got home) so I could flush out the drugs. I was eating whole grain bread, brown rice and crackers the 3 days after chemo and then back to normal food. With FEC I was craving junk food (i.e. Ice-cream, chips, fries etc.). 

My second FEC was the worst a lot of nausea. The third one was the easiest.

With D part the first session was bad. The pain started on the third day after chemo. I had to eat dates to help with the bowel movements and found out that carrots helped as well. The SEs lasted again for 3 days (I love number 3 lol). I found that the mouth thrush would start a week after chemo and baking soda and water helped. The second and third session were easier. I kept eating a lot of fruit and avoided salty foods to help with water retention. Hot flashes were worse the last chemo and have continued (perhaps because I haven't my period yet, it's been 50days since the last one and wondering if I am in chemopause).

Lately I have found that my leg muscles are forever sore and am not sure if it is related to D,although my joint pain would only be present the week after chemo, or Tamoxifen. I can't go up the stairs without being out of breath and have to stop for a bit to catch my breath.

I love the idea of a FB page, perhaps we can be called the Fighting Girls/ladies. 

Yesterday, I went again for another CT scan as I have to use the breathing machine when receiving radiation. I was told that there will be 4 beams (including one from the back) and each of them go twice. I have to hold my breath for 25 seconds each time. 

The side rib area has been a bit sore lately to the point that I can't sleep on my side anymore. Thinking to do some stretches and see if it helps.

I shaved my head again this Monday and I have some growth but there still some bald areas. My brows are still falling and I have to fill them in when I go out.

Hope you ladies have a good day!!!

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi ladies,

(There has been quite a bit of activity with posting, so I have some catching up to do. Lol - I will be responding to your posts when I do).

I saw my MO on Tuesday. She seemed rushed as usual, (Sigh) but I managed to ask her about my options. She wanted me to restart Tamoxifen and then report back to her in 2 weeks.

I asked her about Evista, but she said that that was NOT tried for women who already had bc.

She is open to reassess in December after the Soft and Text trial is completed. So if Tamoxifen is out, there is no other option at this time. Blah.

I noticed that since I restarted Tamoxifen (10mg for the first week then followed by the full dose of 20 mg) the list of SE now includes bone and joint pain. Yay!

I was wondering which brand of Tamoxifen are you on and what SE are you experiencing?

I tried two brands so far: Teva and Novaldex D by Astra Zeneca.

Anyway I would apreciate your input and ideas on this. 

• Gonein40
    edited September 2014
    Options

amazon. I am taking 20 mg of Apo-Tamoxifen   I have joint n sometimes muscle pain but honestly had a bit of this since my chemo so I can't really say it's from the tamoxifen.  I find if I am more active the more pain I have. But some days I am not as active n have the same or worse pain. I mostly feel it in my knees as I am on my feet all day n the job I do requires a lot of walking.  However I do have arthritis in my knees already. Hope this helps u out a bit. Hugs 

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

Gonein: Thanks for the info about SE while on Tamoxifen. I too have noticed that since restarting the joint pain is more prominent. For instance yesterday, I went for a walk and at some point my R hip joint started to act up. I don't notice it during the day as much as when I lie down. Last night I even had to take Extra strength Ibuprofen to help me fall asleep as my hip joint was bugging me. It felt strangely warmer to touch as well.

Lolis: My muscle/joint pain lasted for good 6-8 weeks after the last D. At some point it felt like a lactic acid build up and/or heaviness like my legs weighed a ton each! 

My hair growth was in a reverse male baldness, so I first grew hair on my sides and I looked like an old man, then some tufts in the front. Last were the crown and widows peaks. I didn't shave my head during that time, but I think shaving it makes sense for a while until all the areas have a chance to catch up. 

Have you started rads yet?

mudwmn/all: I wore my loose sports bra minimally during rads only when I went out for my med app. I didn't wear it at all at home. 

My current level of activity includes 20-30 min walk per day, but hoping to gradually increase it when I feel a bit better.

I understand your frustration with the comment ' Oh, you look great!'. I have had several people make the same comment to me, but my response was: 'I hope I could also FEEL as great as I look, because I still feel cr=apy!' 

My mom suggested to elaborate on this by telling them that I feel like an apple: nice on the outside, rotten on the inside. LOL

yen: LOL, I would trade your 'religious' stickers for my permanent tattoos any time! You must be almost done! Thanks for sharing your pic. :)

serenity: How are the SE? Any better? I found that starchy foods worked really well during FEC, because starch actually reduces nausea. So a lot of potatoes, bread, pasta were then on my menu.

As far as SE during FEC, I always had some sort of SE, but they seemed to change with the chemo cycle. You may refer to my earlier post on page 3 (May 16) re this. :)

FBN: Are you already on Tamoxifen? I have been on LTD for a few months, but need to continue as my SE are still very bothersome. Lately I have been dealing with a lot of headaches, which scares the heck out of me. It makes me wonder sometimes if it is bc related. 

Bicque: How are you doing? Are you back to work?

All: If you want to be included to the FB page, you need to PM me your FB contact info. Thanks. Any more ideas about our name?

• yensmiles
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

been a while since i last logged in.. was so smart that i spilled water on my laptop last week.. it's still cranky.. and yet to send for repairs/replacement.. in the meantime, my sweet sister is letting me use hers.

Speaking of bras.. i have been braless almost everyday since starting radiotherapy! :) what that means though is that i've been wearing the same 3 cotton tops that i have .. the only 3 "decent" ones that won't show my nipples! I even went braless for work..feels so good... i plan to do some shopping.. TOmoRRow!!! and buy more tops that are a bit more concealing.. i realise layered tops works for me, so would be looking for those.. yay! can literally burn my bras!

Amazon, only 3 more days to go!! Radiotherapy ends on Saturday!i feel good! am already celebrating (the feeling within me)! tomorrow will meet up for lunch with a friend. Even googled on a newly opened cafe in the city where i plan to head and celebrate myself on Friday after radiotherapy! :) 

Some suggestions for our FB group:  "Thriving"  ,  "Best days ahead" ...

and i am so okay with people telling me i look great.. my greatest annoyance is people telling me i'd be okay and that there's nothing to fear.. usually these are strangers whom i meet at the hospital.. and i feel like screaming back.. "look at my happy face, i am ALREADY OKAY! stop projecting your fear on me!" but then when i look at their face and what they/family members are going through, i just shut up! and i truly believe that if i tell myself i'm okay, i'll be okay...  of course not 100%, still have slight numbness on one toe especially at night/when i wake up in the morning... lingering neuropathy that appeared after i stopped my goshajinkigan.. so i probably will start drinking the boiled herbs again sometime soon.. and drink it for a month or two... 

as for Tamoxifen.. i'm going to "cross that bridge" when it's time.. arghghghg.. i might have to start thinking real soon.. because suppose to start as radiotherapy ends and i honestly don't want it!!!!! NooOoOOOoooooooo....... and haven't done enough research to see how i could balance my hormones... i'm bleeding (menstruation) again.. and this time it's getting heavy.. not as heavy as before chemo.. but heavy enough!!!! will get a blood hormone test when i next go for herceptin in a couple of week's time.

hope everyone's having an okay week! :)

• Gonein40
    edited September 2014
    Options

Ya yens. I'll be cheering for you on Saturday !!!! It's not when you'll be fine. It's i am fine. !!! Your right about some people not getting it. You look good...... Yadda yadda yaddA.  I look back at things n wonder y ppl said things as well.  My DH just said to me ...oh your looking better. Like wtf did I look like before.  He said I didn't want to alarm you then but you didn't look good. Well some ppl look good all the time n some ppl don't. Lol it's all your attitude n how you want to go forward with your life.  Now go and live it to the fullest.  Hugs.

• SerenityNow
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Gang,

Can I tell you what a comfort it is to have this thread and read all of what you are going through?
    I know we don't all have fabulous "success stories" but that's why it's so great. I can come here and read what's going on and know I'm not alone.
    Thank you for that... thank ALL of you for that.

So last week was pretty awful. I lost 10 pounds in one week.
    I still had incredible rib pain for the rest of the week so by Friday I went to see my GP and she requested I go to the hospital to get a CT Scan.
    So 5 hours last Friday night was spent at Ajax Emerg - after Ultrasound, blood work and chest Xray - nothing.
    Saturday was another 5 hours and after the CT Scan - nothing.
    Conclusion: all the pain and discomfort was rib and shoulder pain, creating shortness of breath, spasms and pain.
    Good news: my MO is taking me off the Neulasta. He'll monitor my white cell count and if it's low we'll discuss Neupogen.

Other good news: I feel great - eating better, good energy, pain almost gone.
    One bad SE: horrible rash all over my face (itches and burns)  - Has anyone else experienced this??? If so, what did you do to make it go away?
    (Funny thing is I had Rosacea before the Chemo and right after it all went away - the BEST skin I've had since I was a child.) But now it HORRIBLE.

YENS - I totally hear you with the "acquaintance comments". My favorites are "be well",  "take care of yourself", "feel better". I don't know why but it irritates me when people say this - Honestly... like I'm not "taking care of myself". ... and you know... I'd love to "feel better".... lol
    Or the best is when people email me info on cancer... telling me of the "new diet" I should adopt or the new pill I should take.
    But the absolute biggest pet peeve was a good friend of mine having a mammogram and texting me to tell me that she was "experiencing a slice of what you've been going through". PLEASE. You had a mammogram... you don't have cancer, you aren't going through Chemo - so don't EVEN try to say you know what I'm going through.   OK - my RANT is over...Smile

Amazon - you are right, now all I crave are carbs and comfort foods. I want mashed potatoes, meatloaf, soup, grilled cheese, sheppard's pie!! Funny my sweet tooth is completely gone. I had a piece of chocolate the other day and it actually tasted gross. WTF? Guess it's a good thing, as I don't need the extra sugar. I would love to join the FB group. - I'll send you my info.

I hope all of you are having a great week - the weather sure is fantastic!
    all my love to all of you.... Jenn xo

• Amazonwarrior
    edited September 2014
    Options

serenity: Sorry to hear that you ended up in ER. It can be a frightening experience, but I am glad that tests were negative and your pain level has gone down!

I ended up in ER after my first FEC and stayed there for a week due to a post op infection on heavy duty antibiotics.

I developed a rash at some point, but it was during Docetaxel. I took some Benadryl for that.

As far as the skin issues, I had a period during FEC when I felt that my skin suddenly cleared up.

How are you doing?

All: If you still want to join the FB group, please PM me with your info.

• yensmiles
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thank you Gonein, feels good that radiotherapy is now OVER too!!! yay!!! 

and this might be TMI, but with a sore nipple, i now exercise almost nude with curtains drawn and nobody else at home! it is a practical way to prevent further irritation to the breast. Hope the slight soreness will go away soon.

Hi Jenn, good to hear you feel great now, after that experience on Friday night at emergency!! As for the rashes on face, i had perhaps a mild version of what you experienced.. mine appears only a few days and somehow towards the later part of the cycle..so everytime i was due for chemo, i somehow have a reddish face.. there were also occasions when the face felt a bit hot and eye tearing.. ice helped then! :) a cool pack on the face for awhile eased it. 

Jenn, it's so good to have sweet tooth gone since sugar aren't beneficial for us... i don't have much of a sweet tooth and liked sweetness even less after avoiding sugar post-surgery.. though hmm.. a friend brought some chocolates over today and i've been happily indulging.. chocolates somehow aren't considered "sweet" by my tastebuds! LoL!

and somehow looking back, the pet peeves can be hilarious! your good friend hmm... probably had a tiny crumb of your experience and definitely not a slice!!!

one of my friends looked at me with the most pathetic eyes full of pity for me and said "take care" when she visited once.. i've not seen her since.. and probably will avoid her for a little while longer. She means well, and is truly a genuine friend, though somehow not so tactful when it comes to these kinds of situation.

And see you ladies in FB!!! Thanks AMazon for getting it going... i should be coming in less and less to this site..

• Kathy044
    Kathy044 Member Posts: 94
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bumping for melaniebc in Ontario
  • tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited November 2015
    Options

Has anybody been given Neulasta while on FEC chemo?