Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

A Retreat for Peaceful Contemplation

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

• gmafoley
    Options

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

Love these two.  Does the rock formation have a name?  The part on the left side reminds me of a pack of dogs.

• gmafoley
    Options

I can't say where it is - It was on an archaeological survey and had some native american burials close.. but it was beautiful there.

• georgie1112
    georgie1112 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Thank you for starting this thread! I've been feeling really down today and these pictures are so peaceful & inspiring. Nature puts everything in perspective. 

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

GMA, thank you so much for more of your wonderful and calming pictures.  You always make my day when you post them.

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

This was taken last year in January but still warms my soul.  I love to watch the wildlife here.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,948
    Options

Merry Christmas!

• kathindc
    Options

Oh wow, grammaB and ruthbru, lovely pictures.  Warms my soul and reminds me I need to do some more Christmas baking.  I haven't baked in years and for some reason this year I'm going crazy with the baking.  Thought I would do a tray of goodies to take to DD's as my twins took over Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners three years ago.  One of them asked if I would do a cake and I asked her if she wanted a Happy Birthday Baby Jesus cake as I did them years ago to help them remember that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus.  She got real excited and gave me a big YES!

Wishing all the ladies here a wonderful holiday season and please be safe in your travels.

• gmafoley
    Options

• kathindc
    Options

What a serene view.  Thank you GMA.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

What a wonderful view, ever changing, ever beautiful!

• gmafoley
    Options

Here is who greets me every morning.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

I am here to enjoy the pictures but not to post. I do a lot of photography and am used to getting feedback (I even sell my pics). This time I want to be guilty and TAKE instead of GIVE. So please know that you have lurkers on this thread who are enjoying the photos very much!!!!!

• gmafoley
    Options

Barbe: That is fine with me.. That was the purpose of my pictures, to let others lurk and enjoy.. Merry Christmas all.

• georgie1112
    Options

This was a beautiful wildflower hike. GMA, love the deer picture. How lucky for you to see him every day. My dog scares away the deer, but I do see coyote from time to time.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

LOVING the fog shots!!!! I'm from Vancouver but don't live there now. I really miss the fog and mist....

• kathindc
    Options

Thank you GMA and Georgie for your wonderful nature pics.  They are much appreciated.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

Barbe,I would gladly send you some of our Seattle fog if I could!

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Glad I found this beautiful topic. 

• ruthbru
    Options

Here is a favorite walking path....although I'd gladly trade it for TwoHobbies picture!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

Another lurker here enjoying the beautiful pictures....What a wonderful thread.. 

• georgie1112
    Options

ruthbru,

What heaven this is. Where is the path? 

2hobbies,

Love the blue in the Caribbean!

Thank you, both!

Peace...

• ruthbru
    Options

It is a couple blocks from my house, which is in North Dakota.....come on out! Smile

Another part of that same trail, but in the spring:

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

ruthbru, love both photos, I can so identify with both.  We get that kind of frost here in MT and I have tons of lilacs around my house.  Guess I need to dig up a few more photos....

• gmafoley
    Options

Ruthbru and all the others that are sharing - The photos are just what I wanted this topic to be - Peaceful, contemplating, and awestruck wonder.. Thank you for adding to my above the clouds collection!

Speaking of my photos - here are a couple of my favorite "Above the Clouds" photos. I work from my computer at home and these photos are right outside my windows in the morning and evenings.  

• gmafoley
    Options

• ruthbru
    Options

Beautiful!

• gmafoley
    Options

For whoever wanted a foggy picture - "Foggy sunrise"

• Jeannie57