Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

A Retreat for Peaceful Contemplation

Options

Comments

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    Options

Labradors are my favourite.  Especially black.  Our last one was a chocolate and we had to put him down a year ago last fall.  It still breaks my heart when I think about him.  We now have an eight year old retired brood bitch from a well known kennel whom I love dearly.  She is our first female though and I find her very soft.  Our Labradors have all been big, pushy, dorky males.  I miss that.  I love the grizzled muzzle of the older dogs.  4Paws, that is such a sweet and beautiful picture. 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Ladies, it has been brought to my attention that this WAS a peaceful place until we started talking about having to put our pets to sleep.  Do you think we could PM each other with that type of talk and keep this as a place just to enjoy our pictures of our pets and other beautiful scenes?  I know we want to support each other in their sadness, including me. But I think that might bring too much emotion and not a sense of peace. 

• Marple
    Options

So sorry Gma.

• RhodyMMM
    RhodyMMM Member Posts: 278
    Options

4paws, where in RI do you live? We are displaced former Rhode Islanders, now in Pittsburgh, PA. We come back every summer to Narragansett. When we got my beloved Rhody, her formal kennel name was Tele's Rhode Island Black Pearl....(Tele's came from the kennel's name). Of course, Rhody for short! DH and his father both went to URI.

Sorry, Gma. Guess I am the culprit that started that discussion when someone commented about the avatar picture. No more sad talk! Back to the peaceful pictures!

• gmafoley
    Options

No worries, let's just get back to our wonderful pictures. Not at home ATM, my new pictures will have to wait for tonight. 

• 4Paws
    4Paws Member Posts: 5
    Options

Absolutely - thanks for speaking up Gma 

• RhodyMMM
    Options

Block Island, Rhode Island

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,940
    Options

Two of my cats in peaceful contemplation:

• ruthbru
    Options

Door County, Wisconsin:

• RhodyMMM
    Options

Beautiful, Ruthbru!

• nyama
    nyama Member Posts: 38
    Options

How about a few pictures of the Oregon coast? Between Brookings and Gold Beach:

• nyama
    nyama Member Posts: 38
    Options

The next two are somewhere on the south coast (can't remember exactly)

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Once again, enjoying the latest posts.  One minute I'm snowboarding down Heidi's mountain, the next I'm on Block Island, the next in Door County.  I'd have a few of Door County myself, Ruth,  except my husband hates that I take "scenery" pictures.  He likes there to be a person in them, so I'm pretty much out of pictures for this topic!   LOL  I'm so glad to find a bunch of good photographers to fill my love of the nature scenery. 

And now I get to go to the Oregon coast.  Fabulous pictures. 

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Temple at Lake Towada in Japan.

• kathindc
    Options

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,928
    Options

Replying to Monis (from the previous page), I don't usually use Flickr, but maybe someone else can give you instructions to post from there?  

If you have the picture on your computer, you can use the Upload option after you click the Insert Image button above the field where you enter text (looks like a couple of mountain peaks),

and then the Browse button to locate the pic, and click Insert. If you want to resize the image you've posted, use the Edit option and then click on the image, which will show you an outline and a solid black box in the corner that you can drag to get the size you want.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

My snuggle bug, Tanner, has seen me through almost two years of yuk. 8 lbs. of love under all that fur.

• kathindc
    Options

What a cutie!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

have to say loving all the beautiful pictures, there is such beauty all around us. Thanks mods for helping Monis, it is so easy to post pictures now since upgrade 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    Options

From today's ski on Mount Rainier..... Tatoosh Mountains in the distance, and you had to be careful not to make a false step! - Claire

• ruthbru
    Options

TwoHobbies, here's Door County with some people for your husband Happy:

• gmafoley
    Options

The smell of Cherry Blossoms in the Spring!

• georgie1112
    georgie1112 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Love this thread!

• gmafoley
    Options

Florence, OR

• ruthbru
    Options

Some friends and I are in a walking club. Here we are walking at a local tourist attraction on a cold fall day. I love the lighting; and yes, that is a statue of a large buffalo.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

I spent many hours here during this whole bc fandango....

• Marple
    Options

SWEET!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Mount Washington State Forest in Massachusetts (No, I did now take this picture, but thought it was too beautiful not to share.)

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

Spectacular!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    Options

I have slogged up that horrible mountain on my bicycle in summer heat, with Bash Bish Falls on the descent being even worse!  Thrilled to learn that the place can have its spectacular moments. - Claire