Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

PET scan shows lit up chest lymph nodes after 4 years NED

Options

Comments

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Barb,

Thinking about you this afternoon.  It's been a beautiful day in southwest Virginia.  Spent the day mowing the fields.

Is your biopsy scheduled yet?  Getting a little anxious to find out what's going on ... sure hope for unremarkable results.

love and hugs,

Bren

• pip57
    pip57 Member Posts: 7,080
    edited May 2014
    Options

Almost there.  Keep breathing.  

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited May 2014
    Options

We're with you!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hanging out in your pocket Barb. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks all. The good news is I screwed up the day of the test. It is actually Wednesday the 7th! Two more days!

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey Barb,

So happy to hear the test is in two days.  We'll wait with you the next couple of days to get you through the anxiety.  How soon after the biopsy do you get the results? 

Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers.

love and hugs,

Bren

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Barb,

Thinking about you this morning.  Hoping all went well with the biopsy yesterday.  I hope you're resting comfortably today.  When do you get the results?  I'm anxiously waiting with you.

hugs and love,

Bren

• pip57
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hope the tests went well.  Fingers and toes crossed!  (Eyes too...but that can't be helpedHappy)

• barbaraa
    edited May 2014
    Options

Oh this sucks so bad. Got there and they said the doctor 'wants to see if anything is growing' so I only had the scan. Now I have to wait until Thursday to see him and get the plan. Oh this sucks.

• pip57
    edited May 2014
    Options

WTH....they have no idea what they put us through!    Hang tight....

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Oh Barb,

Can't believe you have to wait, yet again, to get some results.  Hold on ... we're not going anywhere and we'll wait together.

Hoping the scans show now growth!

love and hugs,

Bren

• 208sandy
    edited May 2014
    Options

Oh Barb - what's with these Drs. - I've learned that Ativan is my friend when they start with the bloody "waiting game" - we're waiting with you - spend the weekend doing things you love and perhaps the time will go by faster.  Sending love and hugs, S.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hang in there Barb!  Find some good distractions.

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Barb,

I just don't think that doctors "get it."  They sure don't understand what the waiting is like.  If the anxiety starts to get overwhelming, I'd check with the doctor about medication.  I am so sorry you have to wait until next Thursday.

hugs and love,

Bren

• barbaraa
    edited May 2014
    Options

Yes, doctors don't get it at all.  Bren I may be up your way the week after next. I have to visit a client in AltaVista I am pretty sure. We have to get together.

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey Barb,

Let me see where Alta Vista is on the map.  Just asked Tim where it is ... only about an hour from me.  I would love to meet up with you!  It's in a direction I seldom go, but I can find my way there.  Just let me know ahead of time when and where, and I'll be there.

It will be fun to reminisce about our last time together.  I'll bring my camera too!

love and hugs,

Bren 

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Barb,

Was just thinking about you.  Only two more days until you get the results.  I'll be so glad for you when the waiting is over and we can get a plan going.

Don't forget to let us know what happens on Thursday.

Sending love and hugs,

Bren

PS .. Also, whenever you find out about Alta Vista, let me know and I'll meet you up there.

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Barb,

Thinking about you this afternoon.  Do you have an appointment tomorrow or are they supposed to call you with the results?

I'll keep you close in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs,

Bren

• barbaraa
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey Bren! Tomorrow I go see the doc at 9:45 tomorrow so we shall see what the deal is. I went on line and looked at the results and although I don't speak medical, it seems like nothing has changed so I guess that is good. The AltaVista trip was postponed. Rats. I will keep you posted. Only 19 more hours.

• 208sandy
    edited May 2014
    Options

Waiting with you tonight Barb - sounds like things might be o.k.

• pip57
    edited May 2014
    Options

We'll be waiting to hear.  

• barbaraa
    edited May 2014
    Options

I can't even believe it! The two behind the breast bone have shrunk to smaller than he considers 'watchable' and the clavicular one is gone! Woo Hoo! But to be safe we are scanning in August! YAY! Feeling SOOOOO much better!

Thanks for hanging in there with me you all!

• yramal
    yramal Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2014
    Options

Barbara-

Long time lurker here(I'm sometimes on the People are Strange thread). I'm so glad for your news! I've been thinking of you.

Mary

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    edited May 2014
    Options

Very happy for you!!

• 208sandy
    edited May 2014
    Options

Yaaay Barb!  Hope you're celebrating tonight.  Love, S.

• pip57
    edited May 2014
    Options

Excellent news! ThumbsUp

• barbaraa
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks all. Hey Mary and Omaz good to 'see' you! Feeling relieved and cautiously optimistic.

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited May 2014
    Options

Happy dance!

• Bren-2007
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey Barb,

My computer has been in the shop ... my first chance to write you since Thursday.  I am so happy to hear the good news.  You must be so relieved!

Let me know if the trip to Alta Vista gets rescheduled ... would love to see you again.

hugs,

Bren

• anneflorida
    anneflorida Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    Options

How much did your tumor markers rise?  My Ca 15.3 has always been high-between 32-38.