Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2-Year Her2+ Cancer-free Roll Call

Options

Comments

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited April 2015
    Options

10 YEARS!/Stage III nik14yourthought that's awesome. I assume you were hormone negative.

• ahdjdbcjdjdbkf
    ahdjdbcjdjdbkf Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2015
    Options

The major studies that track recurrence and survival rates all use date of diagnosis. So, while we can all call our cancerversary absolutely any of the milestones we choose - and we should choose however we like - if we are comparing our case to studies it is the Dx date.

LKC, 9 years NED after Stage 3C is FANTASTIC!!!!!! Thanks for coming back and sharing this with us!

• Tinkerbells
    Tinkerbells Member Posts: 53
    edited April 2015
    Options

niko! Thank you! Congrats!

• Angelam
    Angelam Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Options

2.5 years!!! Unfortunately, still very little hair. I have just learned that this can be a chronic condition caused by Taxotere. While it's a known issue and glossed over in the Canadian literature, there is NO mention of it in the US version. If your hair has not grown back or you have male pattern baldness one or more years after treatment with taxotere...please send me a message. We have a private informational/support group. It has such horrible emotional and medical side effects. 2.5years after treatment I still see a cancer patient in the mirror. I hope none of you have experienced this, but if you have PLEASE let me know. We are also trying to find out how big this problem is....thanks

• Deblc
    Deblc Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2015
    Options

Angel, I have seen quite a few on the board who have mentioned this; actually I think there was a thread on this topic. Maybe you could search it. I hate that our doctors hide these side effects from us, they just want us to do the treatment,and to hell with our quality of life.

• lago
    edited April 2015
    Options

Angel I know a few that have this issue. They have posted on this thread: linky Please if you are having issues dealing with this seek professional help. This is a big deal. Also note some women do lose their hair on the AIs. It's more thinning and the hair that is there will grow long unlike the negative effects of Taxotere.

Sucks that this has happened to you.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited April 2015
    Options

LADIES; I AM BACK NOW JUST A FEW WEEKS SHY OF 10 YEARS TO POST AND STILL GOING STRONG AFTER A NASTY STAGE IIIC HER2 POSITIVE DX.

LIVING LIFE LARGE AND GRATEFUL EVERYDAY.

• Deblc
    Deblc Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2015
    Options

IKC ,always love that you come back to encourage us....congrats !!!!!

• lago
    edited January 2016
    Options

IKC you go girl! Congratulations!

• ahdjdbcjdjdbkf
    edited April 2015
    Options

Does anyone else have low WBC counts? This many years later, I would have thought I wouldn't have this. I have low WBC, platelets, and low potassium.

• lago
    edited April 2015
    Options

Mariasnow I know mine were low 7 months post chemo but I was still doing Herceptin. I felt it took a good 2 years post chemo for my immune system to get back to normal.

• ahdjdbcjdjdbkf
    edited June 2015
    Options

My WBC were up to 4.0 at my 3-year check-up!! SO happy!!

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299
    edited June 2015
    Options

so great mariasnow!!!!!! I am almost 2 years out and my WBC's are still below 4.0....you just gave me encouragement.

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299
    edited July 2015
    Options

since I saw this original thread I have been waiting to join the club..welltoday is my 2 year cancerversary!!!!!! I'm doing great; feeling happy! So glad I can share this with you 🎂🎂🎂

• lago
    edited July 2015
    Options

Congrats Girlstrong. Will be watching for you to pop up on the 5 year thread

• Lj061197
    Lj061197 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2015
    Options

cod my oncologist told me I would be on a light chemo. What is this how is it different from regular chemo?

Thanks

• lago
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lj061197 Ask your oncologist what chemo you are getting. You may be getting less doses or one that isn't as strong because of your diagnosis and all the treatments you will be getting. Ask your oncologist to explain better. Write down your questions. You can always call with these questions.

• rebzamy
    rebzamy Member Posts: 49
    edited July 2015
    Options

This is a great thread and I posted probably a year ago. Diagnosis June 2007 so now 8 years out ThumbsUpHappy

• lago
    edited July 2015
    Options

Awesome RebzAmy. You'll be posting on the 10 year soon. I assume you've already posted on the 5 years!

• annika12
    annika12 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm a little over 2 years since diagnosis :) Doing wonderful and never taking my health for granted, loving everyday !! Still find myself smiling ear to ear just being here !!

• TriciaK
    TriciaK Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2015
    Options

I just celebrated ten years out this summer and so far so good!:) There are many other nine and ten year survivors on the her2 site too.ThumbsUp

• sherry67
    sherry67 Member Posts: 370
    edited July 2015
    Options

Today has been 4 years since my mastectomy.

• Tinkerbells
    Tinkerbells Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2015
    Options

keep 'em coming ladies! Love reading about my sisters

• sduch1
    sduch1 Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2015
    Options

In February, I am coming up on 4 years since diagnosis, 3.5 years since completing ACTH, and 2.5 years since completing my year of H. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holiday season!

• thrmine
    thrmine Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2015
    Options

Howdy,

I was Stage III GradeIII Her2+, pr/er- and I am here today. Cancer free 5.5 years later,

Praise God!

• LizA17
    LizA17 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2015
    Options

3 yrs out this week!

• Bad_At_Usernames
    Bad_At_Usernames Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2015
    Options

I'm a bit hesitant to post here because I've been having some very mild but funky symptoms and will be asking for a scan after the holidays. But today marks two years out from the worst day of my life. I had a large, grade 3 tumor and in the ballpark of 7+ nodes, including at least one in the subpectoral region. I did AC+THP followed by a UMX, 33 zaps and a TDM1 clinical trial. I'm also on Zoladex and Femara. Barring a recurrence, I'm delaying recon until 2017, so I can have a year without constant appointments!

I'm nervous about symptoms, but I'm so glad to be here and feeling great....I didn't know if that would be the case two years ago!

• lago
    edited December 2015
    Options

bad at user names you have made it. You are alive and surviving. Really hope those scans are B

• DXat32
    DXat32 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2015
    Options

2 years out from last AC treatment! Feeling great and doing well:)

• momwriter
    momwriter Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2016
    Options

3+ years since DX, stage 2B!