Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting chemo July 2014

Options

Comments

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    Options

PINK!!!NINJA!!! OH MY DOG!!! Congratulations on your lack of progress!

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 407
    Options

Rachel so glad to hear from you. I have thought about you often. Really glad you got such great news. Hooray!! I hope these tumors never come back. Wow 50 chemos. You're amazing. Please continue to update us. I'm going to send you a friend request on Facebook. I'm Nancy Oliver and you will see a photo of two dork dogs lol(my chocolate labs).

Mags wow what a day you've had. I would be exhausted too. You wrote a beautiful letter. Who couldn't resist it? Let us know how it goes tomorrow!

Hugs ladies

Nancy

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

Pinkninja,

I am so happy to hear that all that chemo was not in vain. I am also HER2+; it's nice to have Perjeta and Herceptin available. There's also Kadycla and Nerlynx, but no need to move on to new treatments if the existing ones are working. Yes, definitely enjoy the end of chemo!!! I hope you have many, many months of stability. Alas, I am not on Facebook. (I also don't have a cell phone; my daughter doesn't know how I function.) So, thanks for updating us here.

Mags,

Thanks for sharing your letter. I hope that the sellers have a better idea of where you're coming from. A new house is like a fresh start, a chance for renewal and the making of new memories. I had no idea that your cousin was over 80. She must be in awesome shape. Fingers crossed for you.

• knmtwins
    knmtwins Member Posts: 437
    Options

Mags - Lovely letter! Good for you for finally taking the Valium. Sometimes we need a little help, especially with telling our minds to stop racing and to rest. Resting is so important for our overall good health. As many of you may know, Pink and I have stayed in touch through emails and Facebook. Yesterday, as I knew she was getting her results, I told her along with my usual prayers, I was going to cross everything, but I was having trouble keeping my toes crossed. Guess what, you all saw her post, guess crossing the toes is important, so Mags, my toes are crossed for you too.

Pink - thank you so much for sharing your good news with the group. I never feel like it is my place to tell others about your journey, but I was BUSTING not saying the news. I wanted to shout it from the roof tops, along with Praise God!

July 2014 Chemo Sisters - I do not have a sister, and as expected, always wanted one, I am so thankful that I have been blessed with not just one, but all of you,

• puffin2014
    puffin2014 Member Posts: 947
    Options

Pink, so happy with your good news, Hope you regain your strength quickly

Mags, that house is awesome, loved looking at the photos in the link. Anxious to hear the realtor's response.

• magdalene51
    Options

Puffin, we split the difference between our last offers so a good compromise. Papers signed, inspection next Wednesday (no worries). I’m already hanging pictures (in my head of course!)

• nancy2581
    Options

mags so you got it? YAY so very happy for you!!!

Nancy

• magdalene51
    Options

YES!!

• elainetherese
    Options

Wow, Mags! That's awesome! And, it's quick work on such a yucky, icy day. (OU cancelled class early, but my husband made the drive up to Edmond, only to have UCO cancel classes three hours later. Grrrrr......)

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

I've never posted here but wanted to say congratulations to Magdeline,51. The house is really so beautiful, I looked at the pics. I know that area since I'm from OKC. It's so nice that you get live in such an updated home.

I post mostly on liver mets, Ibrance and a few others. But, I have had my share of chemo in 1993, 2000 and 2010. My MBC DX was December 2016 with mets to lung, chest and liver.💞

• puffin2014
    Options

I'm so excited for you Mags! Great that you'll have fun positive activities to look forward to.

• magdalene51
    Options

Well here it is, 19 days before I close on the new house.

Had my PET scan Tuesday, got the results. It seems the cancer has exploded all over the place. Remission is over. I’ll start a new treatment Tuesday. (See below) Fingers crossed.

Love to all.

• elainetherese
    Options

Oh Mags. I'm so sorry to hear about the results from your PET scan. And I thought I was having a bad day today. Many wishes that your move goes smoothly, and that Gemzar does the trick. ((Hugs))

• puffin2014
    Options

So sorry to hear this Mags, praying that the Gemzar works for you.

• nancy2581
    Options

oh Mags I'm so sorry you got this news. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and hoping Gemzar kicks that cancer's butt. Keep us posted on your treatment and your mov

• pinkninja9560
    pinkninja9560 Member Posts: 178
    Options

sorry Mags! I’ll definitely keep praying for you but congrats on the house!

I had an mri today on my brain because I’ve eye issues for 2 weeks. Just found out I now have mets to brain. I have 4 lesions and will have to do radiation. I have no other info but will meet with a radiation oncologist tomorrow.

• elainetherese
    Options

Oh no, Pink! I was also HER2+, and I've read that HER2+ breast cancer often moves to the brain. Hope your radiation oncologist has a good plan for you. Maybe, you can do cyberknife. ((Hugs)) and prayers coming your way.

• knmtwins
    knmtwins Member Posts: 437
    Options

Pink, thank you for sharing with the rest of the girls. Mags, I swear I posted something yesterday, but I don't see it today. Obviously the timing is horrible, but I keep seeing those built ins and that lovely back yard. My prayers continue for both of you and all of us. Although I have always been the 'f' bomb dropper in our house, I must say the last few days with both of your guys news, I have been dropping it a lot in my mind and in my prayers. Not at God, but at cancer. Love, hugs and prayers...

• nancy2581
    Options

Pink I saw your news on FB. I am so very sorry. Your oncologist seems to be on top of it so hopefully whatever treatment option is chosen will knock those lesions flat. We are all here for you. Hugs

Nancy

• puffin2014
    Options

Pink, one of the women in my support group has been in remission for 2 years since her treatment for her brain mets, including a tumor behind her eye.

Pink and Mags, you're both in my prayers.

• Blownaway
    Blownaway Member Posts: 662
    Options

Pink - Im praying for you and Mags

• dancingdiva
    dancingdiva Member Posts: 317
    Options

hello ladies, Pink and Mags, great to hear from you!!! Don't like the news

Pink what kind of eye problems did u have? PM me if you want.

• elainetherese
    Options

Dancingdiva!

Great to hear from you! How are you doing? Still doing OK on Ibrance?

• dancingdiva
    dancingdiva Member Posts: 317
    Options

I keep chugging. Ibrance has been fine so far and I hope I can keep going. Thx

DD

• elainetherese
    Options

Awesome, Dancing Diva. I'd heard good things about Ibrance.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,237
    Options

Pink and Mags, continued prayers for you.

• magdalene51
    Options

Hey sisters! I am in my new home, sprung from hospital Thursday afternoon; Thursday morning a mobile notary (who knew there was such a thing!) came to the hospital and walked me through signing all the closing documents. Amazing!

Challenges continue, there may be long term implications of the vasculitis, possible congestive heart failure, or other issues. But I will be starting PT with home health tomorrow, and I’m blessed to be getting Jamie, who helped me recover some strength last winter after my horrible halavan weeks. My sister is coming over to spend a few days, she’s not seen the new house, so that will be fun. To be honest, I haven’t seen much of it since I got home, since I’ve had to stay in bed. But I’m doing a little better every day, and had the enormous pleasure of curling up on my side this morning for the first time in over a week!

Angie, would you please let Nancy (bandwoman) know that I will be sending her a pm as soon as I have my WiFi up and running. She has been such a faithful prayer warrior, and I want to take the time to update, and thank her, and I know she’s asked after me. I’d appreciate that, and if she wants to PM me in the meantime, I’d love to hear from her.

I’ll post more later.

• puffin2014
    Options

Mags, so good to hear you're out of the hospital and able to recover in your new home.

• pinkninja9560
    pinkninja9560 Member Posts: 178
    Options

hey diva! I’m not here much because my starting chemo 2017 group was moved to Facebook!

I woke up one morning and couldn’t see if my left eye, it was really cloudy. So mri showed 4 lesions. Radiation is done, I had the gamma knife, and I’ll have another mri on brain in a few weeks

• elainetherese
    Options

Pink,

Hoping that radiation and gamma knife did the trick! I'm praying for you and Mags.