Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

BCO Memorial Day—Remembering So Many Women Who Mattered

Options
2»

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2014
    Options

I would also like to add EBann (Elizabeth) and Marybe. I too miss Konakat, how many laughs we had over chocolate, I remember how she loved Johnny Depp and when she would be going for scans how many pictures of him we could find and post, also her cabana boys. Too many wonderful friends gone too soon.

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2014
    Options

Brenda and Janis, what a beautiful tribute to these wonderful women.  We all have thoughts of their passing.  AlaskaDeb's hit me so hard but I remember the wonderful tribute you ladies did for her with the pink roses.  Thank you ladies you all rock.  

Donna

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited May 2015
    Options

Another Memorial Day, more memories of so many women who touched our lives so deeply while sharing this planet with us and who continue to live in our hearts and minds. This morning I first thought of Linda-n3, then Capriness/Terri, Jill Thut, Raro, Anko66, chele, cmhartley.... My heart is heavy, but my spirit is lifted in honor of their lives.

Immense thanks to Celia088, who continues to manage the BCO list of those who have died. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/56/topic/694012?page=29#post_4369208

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited May 2015
    Options

This is beautiful.  I know personally of 3 women,  E.W., Ginny and Lisa.  And two of my neighbor's moms, K.M. and L.M. And a mom from one of our swim teams and a gym friend's mom.

(I can't believe that I find myself walking in their shoes, so to speak, and seeing how difficult of a walk it is.)

• surfdreams
    surfdreams Member Posts: 179
    edited May 2015
    Options

What a wonderful thread. I feel like I'm holding their hands through your words.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    edited May 2015
    Options

Marybe, who sent ME cookies a couple weeks before she passed. Konakat, whom I touch base with on almost a daily basis when I visit the Book Lovers thread that she started. Apple, Ebann, Athena, Ma, Veggy.....super, super ladies all.

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thank you, ruthbru, for remembering Marybe! She was so kind to me, the first person who reached out, and sent me encouraging emails when I was in the hospital. I will not forget her! And for those who didn't know Marybe, she was a long term mets survivor… 14 or 15 years I think. A true inspiration!

Remembering all the wonderful ladies we've lost along the way...

• susaninsf
    susaninsf Member Posts: 1,099
    edited December 2021
    Options

Please add Theresa45 to the list. She was such a kind and knowledgeable friend to many. We will miss her very much on the mets threads.

See you on the other side, Theresa!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited December 2021
    Options

Susan,

This thread has been inactive for over five years. Have you seen the active In Memoriam thread? You might want to post this there.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/56/topics/694012?page=37#post_5694166