Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Looking for Her2 Positive survivor stories

Comments

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 576
    edited November 2018

Moonchild- congratulations!  I love that you have 10 years!  It really gives me lots of hope.  

Thanks for posting!!

• sydneybased
    sydneybased Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2018

8 years 1 month since diagnosis.

Latest scans all OK.

Fingers crossed that it lasts......

Love to all and stay strong

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 1,993
    edited March 2019

sydney- thank you for sharing. It's always good to hear from others.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 182
    edited November 2018

Hi Ladies, just popping in.. 13.5 years from a nasty a** stage IIIC her2 pos BC dx.

Doing the happy dance every day.

You all can do it!

much hope is a reality.

Love and hugs to all!

Linda

• katykaty
    katykaty Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2018

Hi Linda- congratulations and may you continue to happy dance away!! I am now officially 2 years from diagnosis - in the danger zone for recurrence as I understand it so I am hoping to be following in your very large and comforting footsteps

• jo6359
    edited March 2019

katy- in February I will complete all my treatments including herceptin perjeta. After that it'll be scans every 4 months. Im ooking forward to not having infusions. It is a little disconcerting to know I won't be receiving any treatments. It will all be wait and see. I think I would just very quickly tonight and be treated. I'm glad you're doing so well. Keep doing your happy dance

• scar88
    scar88 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2018

Let me know how you're doing! Gosh, saw you posted in Jan. 2018! 22 year survivor here! Stage III!

Update please!

Love,

Me!

• scar88
    scar88 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2018

Just saw your post! Congrats!

I hit my 22 year mark on Oct. 24th! Stage III.

Whew.

Let me hear from you!

Love,

Me!

• jo6359
    edited March 2019

scar-WOW! Thanks for sharing. 22 years is fantastic.

• LizA17
    LizA17 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2018

I am 6 yrs NED this month!

• mistyeyes
    edited December 2018

I am always so filled with hope when I read these.  

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited December 2018

This thread gives me hope <3

My tumor was very aggressive, but I’m 3 years past last chemo, 2 years past last Herceptin, and still ok.

Wishing everybody here a healthy and happy 2019! :)

• jaboo
    jaboo Member Posts: 368
    edited December 2018

So glad to read this Tessa, thanks for sharing! ✨❤️✨

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2018

Thanks Tessa. I'm just about a year ahead of you. Finished treatment in October of 15 and I'm still clear. I had my fourth clear memo last August. Love, Jean

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299
    edited January 2019

Jumping in to say "Hi" I'm here and doing fantastic. Celebrating 2019 in every way.

• Pipandor
    Pipandor Member Posts: 130
    edited January 2019

Happy 2019 Girlstrong! Thanks for sharing.

• tzoul
    tzoul Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2019

Happy new year. I was wondering if there is anyone with lung mets. Would be great to hear for some stage 4 survivor stories.

• AngelsGal57
    AngelsGal57 Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2019

Tzoul,

You asked and I am answering. I had 28 total lung nodules and cancer cells showed up 1 month after I finished my last Herceptin treatment last July. Dr Started me on 6 rounds of Kadcyla and I began Tamoxifen which lasted 2 months and I had to get off due to the terrible daily leg cramping. Began Aromasin which has worked much better with managable SEs. Dont like the insomnia.

PET scan in Oct showed reduced size on all mets in the lungs and 1 in a lymph node in lung had disappeared, some nets had resolved all together.

Had PET scan last thursday to see if kadcyla had resolved the remaining mets and will get the results this Thursday the 7th.

Angelsgal

• AngelsGal57
    edited February 2019

Tzoul,

You asked and I am answering. I had 28 total lung nodules and cancer cells showed up 1 month after I finished my last Herceptin treatment last July. Dr Started me on 6 rounds of Kadcyla and I began Tamoxifen which lasted 2 months and I had to get off due to the terrible daily leg cramping. Began Aromasin which has worked much better with managable SEs. Dont like the insomnia.

PET scan in Oct showed reduced size on all mets in the lungs and 1 in a lymph node in lung had disappeared, some nets had resolved all together.

Had PET scan last thursday to see if kadcyla had resolved the remaining mets and will get the results this Thursday the 7th.

Angelsgal

• jo6359
    edited March 2019

Angels- how did you know you had lung Mets one month after your last herceptin treatment ? Did you have a scan that quickly ? Good luck with your test results.

• mistyeyes
    edited February 2019

Angelsgal, I hope you get good results from your last test. Like Jo6359 I am curious to know how you caught the lung cancer that soon after you stopped treatment.

• AngelsGal57
    edited February 2019

Jo6359 and Mistyeyes,

It was nothing short of a miracle. I had total of 28 nodules in my lungs from the start of my DX 2 years ago. I was a preemie (3 months early in 1957) with pneumonia and asthma often due to slow lung development. With that history we just kept and eye on them because I didnt have any medical records to back it up from my birth. My Dr and I decided that after I finished the 1 year of Herceptin I would have another Scan June 28th to see how I was doing. All of my blood work has been NORMAL so we were both shocked to see the results July 3rd.

He thinks they have been there all along just too small to absorb any of the dye to show up on a scan. I wasnt taking any hormone blockers or treatment before the scan and he thinks it was estrogen positive cells that finally were large enough to show up on the test.

My blood work and tumor markers are still showing up NORMAL even though there are some unresolved nodules. The last scan in Oct showed that many of the nodules had deminished or resolved themselves completely. The Lymph node is completely resolved and I am interested to see where we are now.

This is my miracle story. I have been praying and had so many others praying for me on this site and friends who are cancer survivors too. It is important to have a community where you can share your heart and your fears and find peace and hope and encouragement.

Angelsgal

• jo6359
    edited March 2019

Angelsgal-Sorry about your history but happy everything seems to be okay.

• mistyeyes
    edited February 2019

Angelsgal- thank you for sharing your miracle story with us. I am glad that you come here to share. Continued prayers for you to keep showing good results.

• AngelsGal57
    edited February 2019

Update: saw my oncologist today results of PET scan showed no further treatment is necessary. Will continue Aromasin pill and see him in 3 months. All cancer markers in blood work are strongly normal.

Angelsgal

• jo6359
    edited March 2019
    1. Angelsgal- I am so glad to hear no further treatment is necessary. Great news
  • Pipandor
    Pipandor Member Posts: 130
    edited February 2019

That's great new Angelsgal! Thanks for the update.

• tzoul
    tzoul Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2019

Angelsgal57

thank you so much for sharing. So happy for you! Great news

• AngelsGal57
    edited February 2019

jo6359, pipandor, tzoul and everyone else on this board;

I know that there will always be the chance of reoccurance with our HER2+++ diagnosis yet there is also room to celebrate each and every victory. Thank you for being my sisters in the fight.

The one thing I have learned in this fight is that there is always HOPE. Hope for today, and Hope that we can pass on to others to encourage them and Hope for tomorrow when we face uncertainty and new unknowns.

God bless you all,

Angelsgal

• mistyeyes
    edited February 2019

Angelsgal- you made me smile, thank-you for sharing.