Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited July 2017

Dianarose, prayers coming your way. So sorry that you had to go through all this! So not fair

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,039
    edited July 2017

Dianaroase is still in agony. She may have to go back again. She said it's still not correct. She is exhausted and has no pain relief. I am searching for a pallative care doctor in her area. She needs relief!!! She sounds very weak and has hit her wall of patience with these people. She can't deal much longer. I feel so frustrated for her and I can't do a damn thing to help. Keep the prayers coming for our sweet friend 💕 😢😰. ~M~

• nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited July 2017

Prayers are a given for Dianarose! My heart just aches for what she is going through.

I don't have any issues with swelling...yet. But, no matter how hard I try, I cannot drink as much water as I should. If I get in 24 oz. -- not counting coffee and ginger ale...that's a good day. I'm still having bouts of nausea. Do any of you take anything for this? I wonder if I could take Zofran? I'm so worried about getting through this wedding rehearsal dinner on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. It just preys on my mind constantly and I know that doesn't help.

Wishing all of us a good day!!!

Hope

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited July 2017

Dianarose, I am lifting you up in prayer. I hope that fix the issue and find a way to relieve your pain.

Lynne

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2017

Debrasteve, I had a pleural effusion but that's why my mets were diagnosed.  Your MO likely stopped the Ibrance because you have progressed, the pleural effusion, while on it and will try something else.  As far as the thoracentesis to drain it, it isn't a big deal other than if part of your lung has collapsed.  That would cause some coughing which is uncomfortable.

• Blume
    Blume Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2017

Micmel thanks for the update on Dianarose, I hope her pain improves fast and she starts to feel better. And then maybe she can find a new hospital, no-one should have to suffer like that. Sending love and positive thoughts for her.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    edited July 2017

Micmel - thanks for keeping us updated on Dianarose.  What an awful ordeal she is suffering.  She is in my thoughts and sending her gentle hugs.  

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited July 2017

It's here.......scanxiety week. PET and MRI on Thursday......results Tuesday. I'm glad I stay grounded by reading these posts, I'd rather have scanxiety than what poor Dianarose is having. Prayers for her.💗

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,338
    edited July 2017

Grannax2, me too. Scans tomorrow and results next week. I will pray for us both!

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited July 2017

Good luck, Grannax and Intolight....so unnerving. Wishing and praying for the very best for you.

And feel better, Dianarose. So hard!

• nonahope
    edited July 2017

Prayers for fantastic results for both Gran and Into....I am the worst when it comes to worrying about results.

Hope

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited July 2017

Hi Debrasteve,

I agree with Cive. Unfortunately it sounds like progression. I also received my MBC diagnosis as a result of a right pleural effusion. Hopefully you will get the answers you need soon

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited July 2017

Storming the Heavens with prayers for pain relief for Dianarose! How awful that she has to suffer like that!

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited July 2017

I'm just so sad when I come here and read that any of you are suffering. I will keep praying that our medicine works for each of you. More than that, I pray for compassionate medical caregivers. DianaRose, I hope your oncologist will jerk a knot (old southern saying) in the people who have failed you. There is no excuse for the way you've been treated.

To our sisters who are having scans this week, we count on good news for you. God be with you in these anxious days that we all know so well.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    edited July 2017

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Been a tough few days maybe even weeks. Over past two weeks I went to the ER twice and they did a ct scan twice and told me my tube was in right. Ended going to the bigger hospital on Saturday. No urine in the right bag. Pain was unbearable. Waited four hours to be seen. Did an untrasound and said tube was not in the right place by we're not going to change it out till Sunday. I was in tears and besides myself in pain. They pumped me full of pain and nausea medication all through the night. Took me down in the morning and changed out the tube. I question them before I was discharged that it was not right. There wasn't much urine coming out. They said it was fine and sent me home . Nausea and flank pain all night. Ended back at the hospital this afternoon. Doc flushed tube and got some urine to come out then it stopped again. She took the dressing off and the two nurses yesterday had the tube out of my back kinked in two spots then put the dressing over it. I can't take much more of this. The pain with a backed up kidney is unbearable. Doc showed hubby how to gently flush tube if needed. Still feel sick to my stomach. The things we endure to stay alive is just crazy

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited July 2017

DR, My heart is just aching for you! I hope this problem gets resolved 100% for you! As Lynnwood so accurately put it, we have been praying hard for you!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• PatgMc
    edited July 2017

I hope this will help some of you who are experiencing nausea. I do have a prescription for Zofran but it gave me some headaches when I was on chemo. My best choice now seems to be Phenergan. The nurse calls in a prescription for the largest ones and I break them into pieces. If I have nausea at night I take a half as I know I'll be asleep in short order. In the daytime I've learned that one-eighth is enough to stop the nausea and not make me sleepy. I don't have nausea all the time but seemed to have more after I took that 2-week break. There's no figuring out what our friend Ibrance will do, right?!

• Lillymillie
    Lillymillie Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2017

oh DianaRose, that sounds really horrendous. I really hope this all can be resolved. Keeping you in my prayers.

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited July 2017

Hi Ladies - back from my Paris- Normandy cruise. It was lovely and so glad I went. Please don't put off a trip if it's on your bucket list. I see my new onc on Wednesday to start IV Abraxane. Below is Monet's treasured and oft painted gardens in Giverny. Also ate at La Courrande which inspired Julia Child to become a chef. Best wishes for a long run on Ibrance. :) Claire

• cherylking2005
    cherylking2005 Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2017
    Claire- Welcome Home. Hope the return flight and customs wasn't too terrible for you. The photographs are amazing. Did you take them with your mobile phone?

Give me a call or text after meeting with your new oncologist as I will be on pins and needles worrying about you. Hope you like her a lot. I'll be thinking of you! Lastly, give Mr Tiny and your nephew s smooch for me.Cheryl
  • PatgMc
    edited July 2017

lalady, thanks for our brief sojourn into Monet's garden! I'm so glad your trip was a good one.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited July 2017

Welcome Home LALady! Very interested in your treatment options and choices ....

DianaRose - wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your experience ... which must have been painful to even put down in writing. But it helps to know all the things to watch for in hospital ... no one is looking out for us but us. It is what it is.

>Z<

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited August 2017

Lalady, your pictures are beautiful! I'm so glad you got to go! Good luck with your new mo and treatment!

Julie commercial on. Ugh! I would like to see her go up those stairs she goes down!

Hugs and prayers everyone

Claudia

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

Dianarose, you in my prayers, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. We really need to be our own advocate with our health care. We never know what to expect with Ibrance either. I had a little episode this morning and blacked out and DH was scared so called 911. When they came my PB and HR were very low. It all came back after an IV was started but they found nothing after testing in the ER. It might be my sinus issues but who knows. I have no infection and chest X-ray and CT of brain were both ok. Don't even know if it's related to cancer and IBrance and but did I mention I HATE CANCER! I feel like a wimp after what you are going through Dianarose but this really messes with our lives and our poor families watching it.

Welcome home Claire, so glad you were able to take that trip and the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We are supposed to go to Italy in late September and after today's episode, I'm scared something might happen over there. I guess that's what travel insurance is for.

Nonahope, with my visit to the ER today, I had lots of nausea and they gave me Zofran twice within an hour. Take it if you need it, you want to enjoy that wedding this weekend. I'm praying for you and everyone waiting for scans and especially Dianarose right now.

Hugs and prayers, Faith.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited August 2017

Diana, I'm so hopeful the pain is subsiding and you can catch up on rest. What you've been through is just tortur

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited August 2017

Faith, please make sure you have this checked out thoroughly for any sign of infection. I've been having weird, sporadic episodes of chills and fever for weeks and yet there was no sign of an obvious infection. I had a PleurX so kept an eye on the fluid and exit site but no sign of trouble. About two weeks ago my surgeon injected saline into the line to check for a clog and that really got things going. Chills, fever spike higher than ever before and then I blacked out in the bathroom at 4:30 AM.

Since then the fever spikes have gotten more frequent, I'm weak, SOB, coughing and generally feel like crap. They put me on an antibiotic but it isn't working so Thursday morning I go in for a pleural tap to get something to culture. Of course, with all this going on Ibrance is on hold.

It's so frustrating. I'm really not good at sitting around but even 15 minutes of moderate activity and I need to rest. Finally had to book off work although the timing is terrible. All I keep thinking is... this is the easy treatment. I should be at least a bit more like Julie darn it! Stupid Cancer.

Welcome home Claire. Glad you had a good time. The photos are beautiful. Sending positive thoughts your way for your new regime.

DianaRose, my thoughts are with you

• JoynerL
    edited August 2017

Claire, gorgeous photos...thank you! I haven't been to France in years, and you make me want to get on a plane today!

Nonahope....have a fabulous time at the wedding!

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited August 2017

Just took my first Ibrance capsule... have been on Femara for three weeks with no problem, hoping the Ibrance won't be too bad.

How long does it take for side effects to kick in?

Already scheduled for the Xgeva shot in two weeks.

You're all so strong, I feel like such a wimp, just starting out... but you ladies are an inspiration!!

• nonahope
    edited August 2017

Dianarose....So glad you're home. Continued prayers that your days get easier.

Faith...Oh my! What a scary event. I always worry about those kind of things happening with no one here but myself. I definitely plan to take the Zofran for the rehearsal dinner on Friday and, of course, the wedding on Saturday. The thought of food gags me. I've just been trying to eat "something" - even a cracker - every hour or so.

Ciaci...I'm just finishing up my first round of Ibrance 125 mg/Letrozole. I started both at the same time. I would say nausea, fatigue and tingly skin/scalp are my side effects so far. I don't know if things get worse with each round. I sure am not one of the "strong" ladies on this board....I hope to get there with their help. Keep up posted.

Hope

• JoynerL
    edited August 2017

Ciaci-

I'm a wimp, too, and no match for the knowledge and experience of many of these gals. I started my Ibrance/Faslodex + Xgeva 6 months ago and have no discernible side effects so far. I do have some shortness of breath, but the mets are in my bone marrow as well as ribs, sternum, and spine (only, so far), so that could be a cause for the SOB. Be brave...you may well have no side effects. But, I have found that wimps are very welcome, too!