Comments

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    edited August 2017

Now that's what friends are for!  Nerdy

• Blume
    Blume Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2017

Dianarose you are in my thoughts and I am sending positive thoughts your way, I hope you feel better soon and can move forwards with a good treatment. Poor appetite and nausea were listed as possible side effects for Ibrance on the paperwork my Onc gave me, maybe it could be affecting you? Can your Onc give you something to stimulate your appetite and handle the nausea? Sending you love and hugs

Zarovka it really is awful to miss out on cycling, I hate that I have hardly cycled this summer. I have been really afraid to do much due to having mets at the tip of my shoulder which I was warned could fracture easily. But I am going to have to try some gentle cycling soon. I did go kayaking last week, first time this year too, loved every minute and not too much pain after, mostly in my lower back from sitting so long!

Faith have a wonderful trip to Italy, whereabouts are you going? Italy is beautiful wherever you go anyway, we travel to Italy often. And their ice cream is always delicious too!

Lalalady, fantastic news about the lung mets!

Today is just my 10th day on Ibrance / letrozole and I haven't noticed any side effects yet. I noted yesterday I have some new hair growing too - I didn't lose all my hair on taxol but it thinned out so much, its great to see new growth. Still, I would willingly lose it all for a successful treatment and no progression. I'm off to the coast camping for a few days, then back to have my blood work checked next thursday.

Much love to everyone.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited August 2017

Can't take sitting around any more. Loading up on painkillers, renting a bike and hitting the trails tomorrow, our last day at Whistler. Away we go ...

>Z<

• bright55
    bright55 Member Posts: 146
    edited August 2017

hi z yeh no holding you back enjoy the ride enjoy lots of padding i hope

Cheers bright

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2017

Take it easy on those trails, Z. I'm sure that it will feel great to be back in action. Enjoy

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2017

Have fun, Z!!

• LoraineM
    LoraineM Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2017

I haven't posted much. Diagnosed in January 2017- stage 4 bone mets. Nothing before. Clear memo August 2016. I have been on 100mg ibrance and 2.5 letrozole. Had mouth sores and couldn't move on the initial 125 mg. Now all Has been good. Cando most everything. Fatigue manageable. May scan no change. Now I am back to get results of the recent scans. I have started aging a lot of gas. Anyone else had this on ibrance and letrozole? See the doctor Monday and this gas makes me worry it is now in my abdomen.

• LA894
    LA894 Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2017

Hi all,

First I want to thank you all for your honesty and personal experiences. This site was a life line for me 10 years ago when I first was diagnosed. As is likely the case with many of you, I never thought I'd be back. But Friday I got my bone biopsy results back and I have confirmed bone mets. Original cancer was ER+, PR+, Her2-neg. It has now changed slightly - ER+, PR-, Her2-neg. I meet with my onc Monday afternoon but believe that Ibrance/Faslodex will be my treatment plus radiation for the mets in my spine. This entire journey started with a compression fracture in my spine, which still hurts after 7 weeks, even with my verebroplasty. Anyway I'll post more when everything is confirmed. Thanks again to you all - what an amazing community of strong women.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

Z, I hope you had a great day biking with no falls or any new pain now. I'm feeling more energy now being off Ibrance since Monday and only taking 10 days worth before that. Sure hope the letrozole keeps things under control for awhile although I seem to notice more nausea and hot flashes now. WTH is up with that?

Loraine, letrozole can cause lots of gas, I wouldn't worry about anything serious being wrong. Some generics have more lactose in them and if you've lactose intolerant that's causing the gas. I have found the Teva generic to be the easiest to tolerate and it has less lactose than some others.

Blume, thanks for the good wishes, we are going back to our favorite part of Italy, Tuscany. Starting in Rome for a few days then renting a car for a few stops until we end in Florence. How lucky that you're close enough to visit often. This will be our sixth trip but probably our very last although we said that the last time in 2014. I just pray I'm up to this trip and I don't have a repeat of my fainting episode last Monday. That's too scary to think about.

Dianarose, I pray you're feeling a bit better and getting some nourishment down. You and all here are in my prayers.

Hugs, Faith

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited August 2017

LA894, we look forward to seeing Ibrance work well for you. We've seen some amazing things happen here and we pray that you will add to the good news!

Z, I hope you were able to overcome the pain and have fun!

Grannix, did you get your scan results? I pray for nothing but good news!

I met someone on Facebook tonight who has just taken her first extra week off since starting Ibrance two and a half years ago!

I'm excited to be taking 3 weeks off after Sunday's pill! My oncologist and I decided we'll try this from time to time and I've made lots of plans to catch up on outings with friends and family. We didn't discuss when we'll scan again but I'm thinking maybe November which make be 6 months since the last PET. It's so weird how things turn out. Back in the fall my friend and I discovered our bone mets about the same time. We both hoped to be HER2+ so we could have Herceptin with its low side effects. She did; I didn't. Her tumors were resolved and we were so happy. She wasn't able to continue the Herceptin because of heart problems and now she has new mets. I'm so bummed for her. Please pray for her as she begins treatment again.

I was thankful to feel well enough for the artist reception with my granddaughter Friday night. I did my thing of taking tiny bits of Phenergan that afternoon and it took care of my nausea perfectly! I will forever be thankful for the whole process of collaborating with her on that art piece. I'm hoping the nausea won't be a thing after I've had an Ibrance break. (Our show is at www.lrossgallery.com if you have a minute to take a look. It's the Elvis exhibition.)

Faith, my hot flashes happen any time I have a little sugar. Are yours tied to that? I hope your nausea ends soon. That's such a bummer. I picked up some lower dose Zofran today and will give those a try if mine comes back. I know you want to get everything under control for Italy.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited August 2017

Bright55 - When i fell I was wearing no elbow and knee pads but no body armor, which is, like, beyond stupid given what getting injured means right now. After my fall, I got the full monty. I look like the terminator. If I hit the ground I will most likely bounce. But I did not. 7 runs, no falls. Good clean family fun for 8 hours.

Finished cycle 20 today. One of three TM's, CEA, is rising. Alot. But nobody really uses CEA for MBC anymore because it's a weak biomarker for MBC. It could be an indicator of gut inflammation from my tapeworm adventure, which is possibly ongoing. Diagnostics to look for the critters is going slowly. We are actually pretty bad at detecting these critters.

CA15.3 and CA 27.29 not rising. Scans in September. Feeling better. I've decided to rock on and not pay my CEA markers much mind, despite the furrowed brows of my oncologists.

>Z<

• Lindalou
    Lindalou Member Posts: 598
    edited August 2017

LA894, Welcome back and it sounds like you have a plan which is good. I just finished rads to my hip while still taking Ibrance and the combo dropped my counts way too low and now I'm really anemic as well. I'm off Ibrance ( still on Femara) now for 3 weeks to recover from low WBC from both treatments. I assume your MO may start rads first and then Ibrance which would be easier on you. Just something to ask MO about as you begin treatment.

Z, glad you are doing better and have bounced back.

Pat, the gallery is very interesting and the Elvis section is great. Are you one of the artists as well or were you helping out your granddaughter? I'd love to see the exhibit.

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2017

Pat(1), I love the gallery site and especially Melissa Dunn's "Broad". Wonderful gallery! How might I get additional information about pieces on the site? Thanks!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    edited August 2017

Got up vomiting. Something is so wrong. Heading to cancer center . If I'm dying at least give me some drugs so I don't know it. Terrified!!

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2017

Diana! Sending fierce prayers yourway right now. May God ease your suffering and give your body the strength it needs to heal, and give your soul the strength it needs to endure.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited August 2017

Oh Dianarose, praying for you !

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2017

Praying for you Dianarose!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,038
    edited August 2017

Dianarose~. I am with you in spirit. Thoughts and prayers. I am waiting to hear from you. 💕💕 ~M~

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited August 2017

Patg No, I get my results on Tuesday at 10 AM, 48 hours to wait, but who's counting.ha. my daughter and son in law will go with me.

If I look at it logically, (as if MBC reacts logically) I think that after 7months on IF the lung and chest mets should be smaller. At 3 month on IF they were mostly stable. Assuming the IF kept them from growing, 4 months later they should be shrinking. Right? I'm trying not to think about the liver mets.

Does anyone here know how to get on FB page? I assume it's called metastatic breastcancercommunity?

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2017

Dianarose-Praying for God's peace and healing for you.

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    edited August 2017

Dianarose - sending gentle hugs and kind thoughts. Please keep us posted. Worried.

(()) Claire

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited August 2017

Dianarose, I'm sending so many prayers that they can resolve this and get you to a place of no pain and no discomfort today.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2017

Dianarose, praying for God to intervene and touch you physically and to give you emotional peace.

• LoraineM
    LoraineM Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2017

thank you Faith for the info re letrozole and gas. Feeling better than today. Probably just a panic reaction to getting the status tomorrow from g doctor.

Z- I am inspired by you courage. Hope you have a wonderful tim.

Dianarose- my thoughts are with you with lots of hugs and prayers. May you find strength and love.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    edited August 2017

Got some hydration and they did labs. Hemoglobin was 8. Very limited staff on a Sunday. I ate some soup and praying it stays down. Will be back at cancer center tomorrow to come up with a plan I hope.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers!

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    edited August 2017

Dianarose - Storming the heaven's with prayers for you! Please let us know!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• PatgMc
    edited August 2017

Dianarose, I add my prayers to all the others. We surround you with a circle of love and hope.

• PatgMc
    edited August 2017

Lindalou, I do have some pieces in the Elvis show....Pat McRee. My granddaughter, Lainey Turner and I collaborated on a piece, her first in a major gallery so she is super excited. She's one of those children who was born an artist, never without pen in hand. Doing this with her is one of the great joys of my life.

JoynerL, Melissa Dunn is a wonderful artist. Many out of town people buy from the gallery. Just look at the Contact page on the website for the phone number. The owner's email address is Linda@lrossgallery.com.

Love from Pat

• melmcbee
    melmcbee Member Posts: 371
    edited August 2017

Oh Diana Im sending prayers and gentle hugs.

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited August 2017
    Dianarose....my heart is breaking for you. Hope your Onc can get to the bottom of what is going on. Praying your pain is less and you will be comfortable until they find out.