Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,530
    edited November 2018

nonahope thank you for thinking of me today. 6 sticks to get a vein ugh. Next time I will make them use the port.

Bubble ears the ibrance combo does shrink the tumor. I think everyone on here has had tumor shrinkage and stable scans. I hope it all works for you too.

SE for sure fatigue nausea some hair thinning. Everyone is different. The first few months I didn’t feel too many SE’s. Now mostly fatigue exhaustion stuff.

Take care and welcome to ibrance land

Tanya

• Jaylea
    Jaylea Member Posts: 440
    edited November 2018

Tanya, 6 sticks is 4 too many! So sorry, love. Here's hoping for great results.

Bubblebeard, welcome to this group. Most people find Ibrance/Femara very tolerable, but there are some issues to navigate. That's why around here some clever woman coined the phrase "Ibrance Dance". I can't remember if you said what dosage you're starting on. I started on 125mg and did well for several months before ratcheting down to 100mg. At the start my biggest issues were fatigue, mouth sores, and constipation. It's not uncommon for labs to tank and cause a delay in treatment. But somehow the body seems to adjust and things start to normalize. Also, know that it can take months for this combo to show results. At first I experienced weird and sometimes severe pain in both met and non-met sites. Over time that settled down too, and scans have been stable or slight reductions ever since. Come to us with questions and issues and let us know how you're doing.

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited November 2018

Sue, I've been concerned about you. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better and I'm sending you a giant hug, hoping you have sweet dreams.

That goes for all the rest of you dear folks too.

Much love from PatGMc

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited November 2018

Wandering--

I am not very good at computers, so I don't know the link.  But if you go to SEARCH in the blue box on the left, then type in Bone Mets Thread in the Search by Keyword area, then in the Category/Forum area drop down to Stage IV, then Search.   You should find Bone Mets Thread latest post and it will get you to the thread.     Sorry for the long way around.   

Maybe some one else can post the link to make it easier.

If you cannot find it let us know.   

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2018

Welcome to bubblebeard - May you find yourself at home here.

Tanya - thinking of you as you await results.

PatMc - So bummed that your scans wont allow for the break you were looking forward to. i am thinking of you!

Snooky - I'm so glad that you have gotten support from others regarding your current situation. There are many brighter days to come and there is no value in questioning your prior decisions. You did what was best for you at the moment, based on the information that you had. That's all any of us can do. Sending prayers for you

• tarry
    tarry Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018

i had a very sore throat on verzenio. It hurt to swallow food. It was meds related; my onc ordered 'magic mouthwash' for me, which is compounded for eachindividual. It is not covered by health insurance and cost $30.

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    edited November 2018

You may remember I was in a fashion show about a month ago. During the day I was interviewed by Suzanne Lindley and filmed by John Brune. Now the video is on u tube. I guess you'll have to search for Say Yes to Hope a non-profit. It is also on the liver mets local treatments thread. But I have been unable to post the link correctly.

• candy-678
    edited November 2018

Grannax2 and all-

I found it on the link Grannax2 posted the first time ----    https://youtu.be/iXapHDoj9HY

• JoynerL
    JoynerL Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2018

Wonderful!! Grannax, you were terrific! Candy, thanks for posting the link. I was struggling to find the correct YouTube online on Say Yes to Hope.

• Grannax2
    edited November 2018

Thank you for finding it and sharing. I want to share it everywhere.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited November 2018

Wonderful video, Grannax! You look terrific, and did a great job explaining everything!

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited November 2018

Grannax2. You are a natural spokeswoman. To see and hear you speak, brought me to tears. Job well done and thank you.

• Grannax2
    edited November 2018

Thank you Clacl and candidacy. 💞

• Grannax2
    edited November 2018

Thank you Clacl and sandibeach💞

• PatgMc
    edited November 2018

Grannax, you just blew me away! How proud your family must be!

Love from PatGMc

• Bubblebeard
    Bubblebeard Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2018

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody!

I must ask… what is the ibrance dance?

• tanya_djamila
    edited November 2018

bubble beard the dance is survival. Sleeping through fatigue. Being grateful that it’s not chemo.

Living with the side effects.

Tanya

• holmes13
    holmes13 Member Posts: 192
    edited November 2018

Great job grannax!!! you looked wonderful and you made people aware of the y90

• Grannax2
    edited November 2018

Thank you Holmes and PatG

• candy-678
    edited November 2018

Tanya-

Wonderful description of the Ibrance Dance.   May we all continue that Dance. 

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2018

Grannax!!!! You are so beautiful and eloquent!!! Thank you for sharing your story and spreading hope to others ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673
    edited November 2018

Great job Grannax! So glad to have the chance to see you in action :-)

• Grannax2
    edited November 2018

Thank you love from Philly and Jens got this.💞

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2018

Grannax, great job. You make us all proud!

• Bubblebeard
    Bubblebeard Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2018

Thank you for the explanation! Definitely happy not to be on chemo anymore :)

I must admit that the joint pain is already pretty bad. I had the same thing when I was taking the other AI to prevent recurrence. Hoping it resolves a little bit But I can definitely live with it!

Tanya, I'm also in the Tampa area!

• PatgMc
    edited November 2018

Bubblebeard, I was almost ready for a walker after 18 months on my first AI. I added Turmeric (Mega Life brand from Amazon.com) to Arimidex and have much less of a problem now. I pray that you get better.

Love from PatGMc

• LaurenH
    LaurenH Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2018

grannax- wow! You did a fabulous job educating and advocating on behalf of all of us! And you look just beautiful walking the runway! Way to go

• tanya_djamila
    edited November 2018

Grannax that was an awesome presentation. You look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your story.

Tanya

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    edited November 2018

Grannax, great job on the video. I'm going to send the link to my patient coordinator and ask her to share with the oncologists.

• nonahope
    nonahope Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2018

Grannax...Cheering you on with the others! What a great job you did getting out the message!

Hope