Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited February 2020

Thanks so much for your kind words about the art. It has added lots of joy to my life and is especially fun since my granddaughter loves art and plans to make a career of it, possibly teaching. (There's more on the LRoss Gallery website and Artist Pat Godfrey McRee on Facebook.)

Cure-ious, most everything I do now is Mixed Media, heavy on the collage and acrylic paint as in the candle/lightbulb. (It's my favorite part of this one too....that and the Horseshoe Man's tiny drinking cup! Well, I like the roadie's red scooter too.) What I have loved most my whole life is scissors. I fell in love with cutting paper dolls as a small child, then sewing and back to making art as an adult. I've collected images from books, magazines and my own photographs forever and have a gazillion bins of them. Also lots and lots of terrific scissors.

I hope you folks will consider art-making of some kind. If you start small and don't get caught up in painting the Sistine Chapel and pleasing others, it can bring you great joy. Don't decide you have no talent; everybody has an artist inside!

Love from PatGMcGrateful

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421
    edited February 2020

ginny02, I went from 125 to 100 to 75 and the hair thinning did slow down. I later had investigations for a rash and it was discovered my vitamin d was very low. I take a supplement and my hair and nails are better. My Oncologist now tests all her patients for vit d levels, as low counts are common in cancer patients. Worth checking?

Pat have fun on your medicine free month , lovely to hear from you. I have taken up craft work again and it certainly helps keep me sane.

Congrats to all with good scans, what a relief, I will do a little dance for you ,but not as energetically as in the video clip!!

Best wishes all to all awaiting the dreaded scans and results.

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited February 2020
    Philly...adorable photo...glad your feeling better. Pat...love the art. I have seriously been thinking about ordering “paint by numbers”. I know it’s a cop out but should be fun. Intolight glad your scans are good.
  • RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited February 2020

February seems to be the month for Scans, wow!

Sondra yes this will be first set of Scans since starting Ibrance, I’m doing cycle 4 while I wait, officially time to see if it’s working.

Looks like you, me, and BevJen are next in the line up! Hoping we can all come back with good news!

Still celebrating with Intolight and praying for Candy as she waits.

Crossing fingers 🖐, 🦶 toes and ❤️ heart for quick, no hiccup scans, and lightening fast reports for all of u. This waiting is going to be rough rough rough!!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,666
    edited February 2020

Alright, the scheduling letter came this morning. I'm in the can next Wednesday for CT with contrast of chest/pelvis/abdomen.

Surprisingly well scheduled - I was planning to be at the office anyway and this is for 5.05 pm for prep, scan at 5.20. I can walk over from the office and then just get the bus home. My first CT at this hospital and they are lovely people down there in radiology, much nicer than the first place! They also have much nicer magazines and quiet waiting area compared to the zoo that is chemo 8 floors above. If they are running behind eh, its an ok place to hang out for a bit.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,324
    edited February 2020

Cure-ious, thank you for the dance! Loooooved it!

Pat et al., those of you who know me know I don't do art but I do crochet. Here is an older picture of some of the amigurumi that I do especially for my grandkids. I am now creating blankets for their beds. Only have the granddaughter's done for now...

• intolight
    edited February 2020

Oops, here's Bria's blanket...

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited February 2020

Beautiful work IntoLight!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited February 2020

Hey to all you beautiful, strong women.

Philly- You are so cute. Love the hair.

IntoLight- Woohoo !!!!!!!! Breathe for 3 months.

Pat- Are you having scans on the 10th? I need to re read your posts.

I try to keep a sticky note next to the computer for the ones awaiting tests. Philly- Still waiting on PET approval? Nicole- scan on the 18th? And then Rabbit- 14th and 21st. Sondra- 12th. Bev- before the 25th. Prayers to all.

My MO is out of the country and I am unsure when she is getting back home. I have appointment on the 17th, so she will be back for that. But I don't know if she will release the scan results before my appt. I may call the office on Monday and see if the nurse can give me the results. Or I can go to Medical Records and sign for them to be released to me. Have done that before.

Hugs to all.

• Brenniejoyce
    Brenniejoyce Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful responses to my post. You are all so supportive and helped me a lot. I have since heard from my oncologist and I actually have the PIC3CA mutated gene. It would seem that it is fairly common. Anyway, I will be starting Piqray as soon as the CT scan on my lungs clears. It would seem that this gene mutation is fairly common. I’ll just have to hope and pray that the side effects will not be too severe or I’ll get pneumonitis again. Meanwhile, my palliative care doctor prescribed morphine for the pain, because the radiation oncologist said it is too early to do radiation again. I’m scheduled for a PET scan next week, and then I’ll get a report from my oncologist of my prognosis. I’m feeling apprehensive, but at the same time I need to have an idea of what my survival rate is. Thanks again for your support

• Brenniejoyce
    Brenniejoyce Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful responses to my post. You are all so supportive and helped me a lot. I have since heard from my oncologist and I actually have the PIC3CA mutated gene. It would seem that it is fairly common. Anyway, I will be starting Piqray as soon as the CT scan on my lungs clears. It would seem that this gene mutation is fairly common. I'll just have to hope and pray that the side effects will not be too severe or I'll get pneumonitis again. Meanwhile, my palliative care doctor prescribed morphine for the pain, because the radiation oncologist said it is too early to do radiation again. I'm scheduled for a PET scan next week, and then I'll get a report from my oncologist of my prognosis. I'm feeling apprehensive, but at the same time I need to have an idea of what my survival rate is. Thanks again for your support

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    edited February 2020

philly - love the pic! You're gorgeous and the smile is infectious.

Into - yea for good scan results. Love the dolls and the blanket.

Candy - thanks for remembering everyone's scan dates.

Pat- love the art. Wish i had the time/patience.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited February 2020

IntoLight, your amigurumi and afghan are beautiful! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't crochet - it keeps me sane...

• PatgMc
    PatgMc Member Posts: 1,312
    edited February 2020

Airlinelegal, go to Amazon right now and order the paint by numbers! It is not a cop out and is wonderful therapy!

Intolight, doing needlework of all kinds is definitely art making! Lovely treasures for those you love!

One of my delights is that my daughter has one of my paintings hanging above her desk at the office. I'll see if I have a picture and will post it. It's one of my favorites.

Candy, thanks for asking. I get full scan results on the 10th. My oncologist called tonight and let me know we have growth. Lynparza is certainly not the drug for me but I knew I'd had enough of the side effects anyway. We talked about doing Halaven (sp?) for a while and going back to Ibrance if the bones get stable again. I see Dancing in my future!

I pray that all of you have good results and that your oncologist is as precious and hopeful as mine.

Love from PatGMcTryingSomethingNew!

Edited to add:

"Dented Ball Don't Win Rabbit"

from the Trouble at the Tishomingo County Fair Series

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited February 2020

Pat your paintings are full of vibrant color and light. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you dancing 💃🏿 soon.

Tanya

• Lucky4Life
    Lucky4Life Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2020

Does anyone in the group have bone and lung mets and taking iBrance? What other treatment is involved? I’m finishing cycle #78 and have had bone mets only this entire time. Just had a CT scan and I have spots on my lungs. Biopsy revealed malignancy. I see my ONCO this week, but I’m trying to get a much info as I can.

Hugs to all

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited February 2020

Lucky, well damn!! I remember that SusaninSF got a good result on a trial that included Piqray, I'm sure they are testing you for PI3K mutations? those are especially implicated in pushing growth in lung. And how do you keep track of so many cycles, you had something like six years on Ibrance?

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited February 2020

Lucky, I started MBC with 26 lung nodules and about 5-10 bone mets, all over. Only one lung nodule is still "active" now. I take Ibrance and Letrozole and Xgeva. If one of your lung nodules was big enough to biopsy, that would mean at least 1 cm. That is my understanding. My active one is about that size. I would consider waiting (taking Ibrance) until next scan and looking at the lung spots again to see how fast they are growing. My MO told me they would have to double in size between scans to cause concern. My choice will always be to stay on I/L. That's just me, though. Starting cycle 46 next week.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited February 2020

I have questions for my Ibrance friends.

After my week off Ibrance, I had my labs done on Day 4 of cycle. The ANC was 0.7. What? It usually is 2 on first week back. Ibrance was held and ANC rechecked today and was 0.8.

So Ibrance held another week and ANC will be checked in 7 days. Meanwhile it will be a total of 10 days without Ibrance by next week. Hct and platelets were great.

I had a really bad nasal cold during my week off, could that have caused it? How long have others stayed off without problems?

S

• jaycee49
    jaycee49 Member Posts: 1,264
    edited February 2020

Sandi, I don't get this doing blood work into the cycle. Mine is always done on the next to last or last day of the week off. Never after taking any Ibrance. You are the second person to ask about this. My MO would not allow that. On your second point, I have taken at least six entire cycles off during my almost four years. MO always says no problem. (I only missed one week for low ANC.) My off cycles have always been due to consecutive UTI's brought on by Letrozole. Why not just go off Letrozole, I ask. Because Ibrance has never been tested alone. Huh? But as usual, I always do as ordered.

• candy-678
    edited February 2020

Sandi- I agree with Jaycee. I have my labs done the last day of my week off Ibrance. Then I start the next cycle the next day based on the ANC count. I don't really know if my MO realizes that is when I do my labs--- I do the labs in our hospital outpatient lab area with the order in the computer as a standing monthly order (so I do not go into the onc office to do the labs). I just know to go get blood drawn on that last day of week off.

• candy-678
    edited February 2020

Well my CT/bone scan results were on patient portal today. No call from office. But, the way I read it, things are still "stable". I see MO in office next Monday Feb 17, so we will discuss then. But I think I can breathe again. I have questions for the MO about bone scan results. Last bone scan was Oct 2018, over a year ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis and 2018's scan showed uptake in joints. This bone scan did not except for hips. ??? Not on any treatment for the RA and I hurt all over all the time. But lots of uptake in 2018 and minimal now. Sometimes I worry the scans are iffy.

Edited to add- Liver met showed some minimal growth based on comparing the measurements of last scan and this scan. But if minimal, then maybe still ok. I think so. I hope.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,666
    edited February 2020

Candy - I guess thats a bit of a relief then that there isn't something popping up going WARNING WARNING. Onward you march!

• candy-678
    edited February 2020

So if I am still stable, I need to move forward with some things I have been putting off. I have not had my teeth cleaned since starting Ibrance. I know, bad. But, do you all have teeth cleanings with the low white counts? I am going to ask MO next week, but thought I would get a consensus here. Maybe I am going to be around for a while concerning the cancer and I need to get teeth checked again.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited February 2020

Good evening ladies. My MO’s nurse called to say my tumor markers have gone up quite a bit, enough she wants to see me next week after my scan Friday...I knew something was wrong with increased and new pain...I hope I don’t have to stop dancing already... wow.

• candy-678
    edited February 2020

Rabbit- In my prayers.

• intolight
    edited February 2020

Candy, yes, I still get my teeth cleaned and have even had a minor filling done. My MO says it is fine and to not get anything major done. My dentist is aware of my situation and takes extra precautions and is very gentle. I am careful to make my appointment during my week off.

Radagast...I will be praying for you and that it is a simple flare. I know my MO is trying to keep me on Ibrance as long as possible as the other meds are an unknown for me. Perhaps yours will be cautious too.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2020

Radagast,

Wow is right. I hope there is some other explanation, but if you have to switch drugs, have a good heart to heart with your doctor about what options there are to try, including perhaps an immunotherapy trial. Good luck. We're all thinking of you.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2020

Candy,

Thanks for bringing up the teeth cleaning thing. I am scheduled to have my teeth cleaned in a bit, and I wasn't on Ibrance the last time I had them cleaned. I will have to ask my MO about it.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited February 2020

I need to have deep cleaning - where they pull your gums out and scrape the teeth beneath. I'm genetically predisposed to tartar, always have been. I get them cleaned every six months and still have the tartar below the gum line. The first time I needed it done after I started the Ibrance, my periodontist asked for a letter of authorization from my oncologist. She said it was fine, as long as I went late in my off-week. Once a year, the periodontist gets the letter updated by my oncologist.