Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited September 2015

Babs,

Prayers for good news on scans with good, clear information. Prayers for quick results too

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2015

Of course you are anxious Babs. We will keep you in our prayers and send happy healing energy your way. Fortunately, we have people on here who can provide a different perspective. I saw my doc today, and we are going to do another cycle and then a scan. After that, I may be trying the Ibrance. Yippee.

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited September 2015

Babs - It's so hard waiting on scans. Just said a prayer for you as you await the next scans. Here's hoping they bring good news for you and some peace of mind. Hugs, Moissy

• Myra1211
    Myra1211 Member Posts: 532
    edited September 2015

Best of luck Babs! Myra

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2015

Babs,

Best thoughts as you head toward a scan. Hope the news is good; no GREAT!!!!

*susan*

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited September 2015

Babs we all definitely can relate to the anxiety.  Praying for you that the scans reveal only good news!

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2015

Hi ladies, onc office just called me back. I am on day 2 of my 2nd cycle of Ibrance. All my bloodwork looked good for me to start 2nd round despite being very low the week before. She called to tell me my tumor markers went from 36 to 42. So up. I know alot of you ladies had it go up before down. Talk about anxiety now!!

• cjanet
    cjanet Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2015

I have a scan tomorrow afternoon. Been having increased pain and feel there's a bump in my neck as if the tumor is growing. I have an appt with my onc on Friday so we will see what the plan will be.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2015

Babs,

Any tests are such an anxiety producing time. I'm sorry we all have this mental madness to deal with. We'll be thinking of you with best wishes for some good news.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2015

Babs and cjanet, thinking of you both. Best of luck on your scans. We all understand the anxiety.

• Northtexas
    Northtexas Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2015

Cjanet,  I'll be thinking of you these next few days having scans and waiting.  Prayers for good news.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited October 2015

Cristins

Hoping you have great scan results

Thank you everyone for your support. Will keep you posted!!!!

Babs

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited October 2015

Babs and Cristina ~ I will be thinking of you both tomorrow -- sending strong, positive, calming vibes!

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited October 2015

Will be saying a prayer for all undergoing scans and for all dealing with pain issues and progression. God help us all

• Chattykat40
    Chattykat40 Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2015

Wishing everyone good results on their scans... mine are tomorrow... I haven't slept much this week worrying. They called me today and said I had to come in for a pregnancy test??? Why in the frickin' heck do I have to do this every time?? My husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago. I AM NOT PREGNANT!!! arrrggghhhhhhhhh Have to make a special trip to the hospital just to pee in a cup... so stupid.

Anyway... gotta' do what you gotta' do...

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    edited October 2015

Babs and Cristina - Hope all went well today. Have been thinking of you all day.

Chatty - Hope your scans go well also. I've never heard of having to do the pregnancy test thing before a scan either!

• babs6287
    edited October 2015

Scans are done-now the waiting begins! I'm hoping to get the results tomorrow but the hospital said it might not be until Monday-really!!!???!!!

In the meantime, one of my TM went down 0.6 and the other went up 26 pts-not very good since the TMs have been a good gauge of what's going on for me.

On Sunday, I'm doing my annual walk for Support Connection. It's a great organization that offers FREE counseling and support for those with breast or ovarian cancer. My sister used their services 17 years ago when she had ovarian cancer (she is still cancer free!) and I used their help when I was diagnosed and periodically thereafter.

If anyone wants to contact them you can at 1-800-532-4290

Chatty-good scans tomorrow!!!!

Babs

• Kaption
    edited October 2015

has anyone had your blood pressure go up a bit? Mine has always been good, but is now occasionally "borderline.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited October 2015

So many scans coming up and results pending! I haven't commented a lot, but I am watching and hoping with all of you.

• Mama2twinsplus2
    Mama2twinsplus2 Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2015

ever since diagnosis, mine has been much higher!!

• Hummingbird4
    Hummingbird4 Member Posts: 220
    edited October 2015

Babs, I had my scans done on Monday. The results might be available tomorrow on the patient portal but I don't see my onc until next Tuesday! I know - the waiting is terrible!

Cristina, Chatty, Babs and everyone waiting for scan results - thinking if you all and hoping for great news!

• babs6287
    edited October 2015

Hummingbird

Waiting rots!!!!! Hope you get great results!!!

Babs

• hopeful34
    hopeful34 Member Posts: 522
    edited October 2015

Just checking in. I haven't been on for a while. I had my labs and CT scan done today. I don't get results until next Thursday. Last time my tumor markers went from 43 to 46, so not a huge increase but enough to make me worry. Prayers for everyone else having scans and that are not feeling well.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2015

Kaption, my blood pressure has gone up steadily to borderline as well. I have always had low BP. I know it is one of the meds, either Femara or ibrance. With that I get mild "pressure" headaches. My onc had me get a baseline EKG yesterday....Good luck to everyone on scans this week!

• Kaption
    edited October 2015

Thanks artist. Guess I'm on my way to adding blood pressure and cholesterol meds to my list of what I take. Just read that letrozole can raise cholesterol. This is so frustrating because I try to eat so carefully and thought these were 2 factors I had a little bit of control over. Grr...

Oh well, big picture: success to all those getting scans this week!!

• dlb823
    edited October 2015

Hooray! My TMs have finally made a turnaround after two months on Ibrance+Faslodex. They're still at 297, which is only down 10 pts. from last month, but the first downward turn in many months after a wild climb to a high of 307 last month.

My one concern is that my Alk Phos keeps climbing significantly. Thankfully, someone mentioned elsewhere that this can be a med SE. Not sure I like that, but will ask my UCLA onc about it when I see her next week. Anyone else dealing with this and thinking or have been told it's due to Ibrance or Faslodex?

• Myra1211
    Myra1211 Member Posts: 532
    edited October 2015

Congrats Deanna

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited October 2015

Congratulations Deanna! So happy you had a drop in TMs! I had an issue with my alk phos climbing when I began treatment, at one time it was in the 400s. I was on Letrazole, Ibrance and Xgeva, my onc stated it was from the meds, most likely the Xgeva but could be from the others. Last month for the first time it was in the high normal range. My onc also told me to expect my TMs to go up before they go down, this did not happen to me, I had an immediate drop but I believe others here have had a rise before a drop

• dlb823
    edited October 2015

Well, that's concerning, since my Alk Phos was 444, and I haven't started Xgeva yet (long story), but am slated to this month! This definitely goes on my list of questions for my UCLA onc!

• babs6287
    edited October 2015

Hi All

Sorry to say Ibrance/Femara didn't work for me. Based upon the preliminary report the scans showed more areas in my bones,an enlarged and hot lymph node in my right underarm and now a spot in my liver. And my TM shot up a lot for me(26 points). Meeting with MO Tuesday AM. Undergoing liver biopsy 10/15. Not sure what drugs are next. May go into a clinical trial. Right now more unknown than known. Very scary time!!! Don't even know where I belong so I'll stay with my friends here until I find a new home

Babs