Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 494
    edited September 2015

Monika,

Congrats on such great results after only 3 cycles! Hope the good news continues for a very long time.

• Chattykat40
    Chattykat40 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2015

Kaption... the only thing I was told about the port is to try to avoid strong/forceful upward motions. The area around my port tends to get sore a lot. I have no idea why... it's irritating.

• Gatomal
    Gatomal Member Posts: 418
    edited September 2015

fantastic Monika! Awesome news.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited September 2015

Great news, Monika!

• meghar
    meghar Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2015

Florence, are you taking ibrance, letrozole AND faslodex now? My mom is told she is going to have ibrance and has to choose EITHER letrozole or faslodex but not both. Just wondering if your oncologist has a different approach. thanks.

• 3Holly
    3Holly Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2015

Meghar, if I had a choice, I'd choose letrozole. Everyone is different, but just wanted to tell you that Faslodex gave me lots of itchy red bleeding bumps on my arms and legs, but I had no side effects for the letrozole. Hope your mother has good luck with the combo.

• cjanet
    cjanet Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2015

Monika great news!!! I too hope to hear good news in a few months!

Ibrance side effects- thinning hair, yes, it's coming out, not enough yet to buzz cut it. Itching- yes, in my feet, hands and scalp, my it drives me a little crazy time to time. And sore teeth- yes, did not know that, I had it, rubbed some Sacred Frankincense oil on it several times per day and it went away.

Holly- can you go to CVS and buy that red bucket for needles and just keep it at home. Or just use an old laundry detergent bottle that's empty and put your needles in there for now.

• Florence2006
    Florence2006 Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2015

Well, fellow Ibrance ladies. I decided to accept the doctor's recommendation and do the radiation. I had my preliminary CT Scan and MRI and am all marked up in preparation for the first session at 7 a.m. Monday morning. I have only 3 very small spots on the vertebrae. I had some vertebrae involvement 5 years ago, but chemotherapy took care of that. I will have 5 very light radiation sessions. I am not in any pain right now. They say that it is most likely just arthritis that I feel. However, it is best to address this now while it is very small and I am not in pain.

Had my WBC checked today, and I am still fine. My oncologist will check one more time before I start the second cycle. If I'm still good, I'll stay at 125 mg. If not, I'll drop to 100 mg. The biggest issue I have is fatigue. I am not having any skin issues, which is usually very common for me. For example, I couldn't handle Xeloda. My hands and feet were so bad. I couldn't hold a pen, and my feet were still peeling sheets of skin weeks after I stopped.

I have been at this since 2006; lung mets discovered in 2009. Liver in 2013. Now bones. Liver is clear. Lung only slight involvement. Keep on going! That's my motto. I work 4 days a week, mostly from home as a business analyst for a major pharmaceutical company. I am 71 years old but do look it or act it, if I do say so myself. I have confidence in my oncologist. If I didn't, I should go somewhere else.

I have been on Faslodex for several years. When I started Ibrance, my doctor added Letrazole and didn't stop the Faslodex.

Best to all..

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2015

Great news Monica. So happy the Ibrance is working for you!!!

Babs

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2015

Monica,

Yea!!!!!

*susan*

• 3Holly
    3Holly Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2015

Monica and Florence, that is great news! Florence, interesting that you are on both the letrozole and Faslodex together with the Ibrance. Good luck with your radiation.

CJanet, thanks for the needles advice, I have plenty of laundry detergent, so that is good to know.

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2015

Monika, that is great news you are doing so well!

• 513mgv
    513mgv Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2015

great news Monika, I also get the itching and sore mouth. I found if you coat the ibrance in something like chocolate icing of marshmallow cream you mouth doesn't get near as sore. Marilyn

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    edited September 2015

PET scan tomorrow after 4 rounds of Ibrance and letrozole. Nervous and hopeful. Tumor markers have been going the right direction. We'll see.

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited September 2015

good luck with your scan Kaption! Understand the anxiety completely! It's good your tumor markers are going in the right direction

• Myra1211
    Myra1211 Member Posts: 532
    edited September 2015

Good luck Kaption. Myra

• Hummingbird4
    Hummingbird4 Member Posts: 220
    edited September 2015

Best Wishes tomorrow, Kaption. Hoping for great scan results for you. Those declining TM's sound like good news is coming!

• Kaption
    edited September 2015

thank you all

• dlb823
    edited September 2015

Just adding my best wishes for a scanxiety-free scan tomorrow, Kaption! I'll be thinking of you!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2015

Hoping you have great scan results Kaption!

Babs

• Kaption
    edited September 2015

All GOOD scan news from this morning. This is from my online results: essentially all lesions (mine are all bone mets) are stable or actually reduced. I'll get details on Thursday.

Yea Ibranceland!

• dlb823
    edited September 2015

Wonderful news!!!!

• Myra1211
    edited September 2015

Yeah Kaption😌

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited September 2015

Great news!

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited September 2015

Great scan news!! Congratulations!!

• mdillard04
    mdillard04 Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2015

Thanks everyone! Great news Kaption!! I found out that the two liver lesions I have both decreased in size by half! These red itchy bumps are so darn annoying and they just keep popping up left and right.

• theziz
    theziz Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2015

I am very happy for you Kaption, that's a really good news.

I'm going to University of Miami (Deerfield) in early October to see my doctor and for a PET scan. I hope I get good news as well. Is there any one from Ibranceland around there( pompano beach, Fourtlaulade, Deerfield) that would like to meet for a cup of tea?

Cheers

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2015

Great news Monika and Kaption! WooHoo! Florence I love the news that your liver has been clear.!

• Myra1211
    edited September 2015

Hi theziz, I also go to UM Deerfield. Do you see Dr Vogel or Mahtani? I would love to meet you if I am home. PM me or just write back here. Myra.

• RosesToeses
    RosesToeses Member Posts: 244
    edited September 2015

So happy for the good news here lately! It seemed for a while like we had so many people progressing on Ibrance, I'm enjoying all this good stuff immensely!