Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664
    edited November 2020

Happy Thanksgiving to all back in the US. Aprilgirl - you and I started about the same time- hard to believe its been a year already!

Ladies on Zoladex - question, is there any leeway on that injection? Looking at travel for next year and I just counted the days and its not opportune. Can you take it early instead? Ugh, I wish they would just rip out my ovaries already.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited November 2020

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

RK2020; OK, so where they say, for example
    PFS appears to favor those pts who continued the CDK4/6i : rwPFS 11.27 months, 95%CI [8.87, 13.31]

this means that the "real-world" PFS was 11.37 months (half did better, half did worse), with a 95% confidence interval (95% of the patients went between 8.87-13.3 months)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited November 2020

Sondra- My experience with Lupron for me, Zoladex for others (insurance thing). I cannot get my shot early as my insurance won't allow. I was 10 days late once due to my previous MO wanted to get my blood tests and injections together for ease with scheduling. She was ok with me being 10 days late. Didn't really matter later because I had to hold my Ibrance and blood tests times were changed again. I don't know if the meds are the same as far as if you need them right on time.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854
    edited November 2020

RK2020: For comparison, for the Ibrance-Letrozole trial:

The probability of progression‐free survival at 1 year was 75.6% (90% confidence interval, 62.4‐84.7). Median progression‐free survival was 35.7 months (95% confidence interval, 21.7‐46.7). Objective response rate and disease control rate were 47.6% (95% confidence interval, 32.0‐63.6) and 85.7% (95% confidence interval, 71.5‐94.6), respectively.

Bone-only averages were longer, de novo averages were longer, first line treatments averages were longer, etc. Objective response rate refers to shrinking of tumors where disease control rate refers to stable scans - so these are how the numbers look when you have a really outstanding result...

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited November 2020

Just checking in to wish my US sisters a happy Thanksgiving :) Just me and my beloved this year. Bbq glazed chicken breast, mac and cheese, stuffing, caesar salad and apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Enjoying a mild fall day here. Colorful leaves are all gone but getting one heck of a sunset tonight :) Thankful to have you ladies to go through this with and thankful you guys put up with me :)

PS: Yep, I'm still waiting. Oh well, at least I have warm pie with a dollop of cold ice cream and beautiful sunset to soothe me. I actually had one of those days today where I didnt feel like frazzled electrical cords. I'm having a lot more of them as time has gone on. I'm really trying to get better at it mostly by learning unravel the rats nest of emotions and just learn to "be". I'm working on that most of all right now. And believe it or not am weening off my need for sleep med assistance (I'm proud of myself for this especially).

Happy Thanksgiving to my US sisters and love to the rest of you :)

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited November 2020

Cure-ious...ah ha! I’ve read so many studies and had googled that CI was Confidence Interval but I still couldn’t make sense of it all. Your responses were very helpful. Thank you!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited November 2020

Funny of the day for those of you who are paying high co-pays on your Ibrance --

You know how many of us have complained about the packaging about Ibrance now? Well, beware, because sometimes it's not so hard to get those little suckers out of the cardboard holder. Tonight I was standing in the kitchen and pushed my pill out from the card. Lo and behold, the pill literally popped out (quite unusual these days) and skipped on the counter and went straight into the garbage disposal. I looked at the sink for a couple of seconds to try and decide if I should fish the pill out, considering how much each of those damn pills costs. But, I decided that I didn't know what was really, truly lurking in the garbage disposal, and that I should err on simply taking tomorrow's pill today. That will mean only 20 days this month. But not knowing what was in the garbage disposal after cooking Thanksgiving dinner -- nah, just didn't seem like the right move.

Moral of the story: sometimes the packaging isn't so difficult to get the pill out of! Beware!

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2020

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Blessings On Thanksgiving... | Thanksgiving messages, Happy thanksgiving pictures, Happy thanksgiving day

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited November 2020

Happy thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you amazing ladies. It was (still is) unknown world that suddenly I entered to. My fears, sadness, disappointment and scanxiety are more manageable with your help and support. I learned a lot from you. I started ibrance December last year and joined bco thorough a search, looking for some answers to my questions, then saw a lot of good information are sharing here..

Sondra, you can go for higher dosage of zoladex it is good for 3 months.

I’ll see my new MO January 21, I’ll post here her advice here about the vaccine.

• tinkerbell107
    tinkerbell107 Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2020

BevJen: thanks for the chuckle. I could easily see me doing something like this with the Ibrance cardboard holder. Tomorrow I will be extra careful. Lol.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited November 2020

BevJen,

Funny! I laughed out loud when I got to "...straight into the garbage disposal."

Tina

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited November 2020

BevJen - Yipes! You made the right choice. I am finishing my first set of tablets, and there's no cardboard. ???

• sondraf
    edited November 2020

The cost of those pills it's like losing your engagement ring down the disposal!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,896
    edited November 2020

Omg, BevJen, funny and sad at the same time. Anywhere else but the garbage disposal. Ugh

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2020

Grateful thanks as always to you Curious for your diligence in researching! Just to say that no matter how effective CDK4/6 inhibitors as second line treatment seem to be...and that’s great news...if they are not approved by the authorities to be used as second line then we have no access to them. Currently in the UK they are only approved as first line in the metastatic setting. My team think it’s coming as evidence builds, but we are behind the curve sadly for folk in my position 😥

• BevJen
    edited November 2020

SerenitySTAT,

Wow, your packaging looks like the original packaging -- I think most of us in the US now get the pills in a full cardboard box, with separate three-part cardboard "folders" for each week. In those packages, the tablet is underneath both cardboard and foil. That's what people had been complaining about a few months ago.

Nevertheless, guard those pills or you could have the same fate as me. And, as Sondra said, it's like losing jewelry down the drain at this price!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783
    edited November 2020

I have widespread mets to bone and some lymph nodes in my chest. All was stable on scans on 11/25 except mild progression in L2 and left sacrum. L2 met went from .8cm to 1.3cm. I do have some increased pain these areas. We are staying with I/L for now. Anyone had a similar experience and not had further progression on next scans?

• BlueGirlRedState
    BlueGirlRedState Member Posts: 900
    edited November 2020

BevJen - thanks for the warning on the package. I will stay well away from the disposal and the dog when punching out a pill. If you ever do need to fish anything out, be sure to unplug it first. I wonder if home owner insurance would reimburse........

Does anyone know if we really do need to keep it in original package? I know the instrucdtions tell us to. I have a river trip planned for April, and wonder if I could just store them in a recycled pill bottle. Are they more fragile than capsules and need to stay unexposed as much as possible?

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited November 2020

I got a very big gift in my mailbox today, my report. I clutched my thick envelope for a couple of minutes and just said "Stable Stable Stable" over and over again. While I was reading it I think my eyes got crosseyed or something multiple times because my eyes were trying to read so fast. Totally new person did my report this time, usually it was 2 different guys who seem to do my reports but this was a woman.

I guess I'm leading this all up to say in a very "Just get to the point and spit out lady" kinda way........ STABLE MABLE :) Lung irritation/nodule still there and unchanged. Liver a little irritated but no lesions. Lymph nodes look ok in chest. Spleen still has calcifications from damage from early stage treatment chemo ( I remember them from my initial IV diagnosis), I also found out I have an accessory spleen, lol, Anyone find anything kinda unique and strange like that? My beloved calls me his riblet, you know Eve came from the rib of Adam. That I'm apart of him and awwwwwwwww. Well, I finally had a retort back of my own, so I call him my little accessory spleen, because apparently the rib wasn't enough.

BevJen, I love the pause and thinking about fishing it out. I dropped a capsule back when I was on them on the car carpet floor once and it landed right on where my muddy foot had been, which was muddy from moonwalking in the front lawn from stepping in dog turd in the attempt to deturd. No way to buff the outside of the capule or run it under water to cleanse. It was one of those moments I had to sigh and say, 20 days it is. Thee pills are precious, something like 1,000 a pop when you think of it, and even all the more precious with high out of pocket cost or co-pay.

Anywho, that's my report and am sticking to it. Now I'm going to do a very bad job at not thinking about it for another 3 months, but hey, A for effort. :)

• BevJen
    edited November 2020

Rabbit,

Such wonderful news for you! How wonderful. So glad that you got the report before seeing your MO.

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2020

‘A’ for effort indeed Rabbit. Whew for you and yes to making a poor effort ( or finding a distraction) for another 3 months in our scanxiety club. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited November 2020

Rabbit congratulations for STABLE!!!!

Tany

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,896
    edited November 2020

Rabbit, so happy for you.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited November 2020

Great news Rabbit

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited November 2020

RRabbit- Woohoo !!!!!!!!!!! Stable Mable!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2020

Miss Rabbit...I'm so happy for you!!! 😊

• sondraf
    edited November 2020

Aw Rabbit - thats wonderful to hear!

Both the letrozole and Ibrance come in boxes here, with the pills set in foil-backed strips. Easy to store and transport, although I will say Ive had my share of capsules go skittering off my desk and on to the floor where I need to rescue them before the cats get it.

• thereishope4us
    thereishope4us Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2020

awesome news of you stable report, Rabbit!

Haven’t been checking these days but hoping everyone is doing well. My MO switched me from 100 mg to 75 mg Ibrance 2 months ago due to low neutrophil count. Unfortunately, I just checked the report, my count is still low at 0.8 after a week break. Not horrible but probably need another week off to start. It’s been almost 3 years for me on the I/F combo. I hope it’s still working, scan should be done this month but I am too afraid to do so before the holidays. Maybe just need to build up the courage and get some result for a peace of mind and decide on future course of treatment directly.

Life is otherwise good!!!

Have a great weekend all and stay safe.

there is hope 4 us

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited November 2020

Yay, Rabbit! Another reason to give thanks!

Tina

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited November 2020

Rabbit good news I’m happy for you, now enjoy your stress-less-weekend 🤗

There is hope 4 us, I’m sorry about your ANC, which happens for all of us, my new MO’s nurse said they recommend ibrance 7/7 ie one week on/ one week off, to allow blood rebound. Also some of ladies in this thread use 5/2 schedule.

It’s me that thinks why pharmaceuticals have not yet invented (?) effective drugs without harmful side effects for mbc, in comparison with covid vaccine???? Do they need deadlines or what?