Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited March 2022

PatGMc thank you for posting your lovely picture. Hope it encourages everyone to continue to follow their dreams and live their best life. I am 5.5 years post mbc and still Ibrance dancing and living a full and happy life. I wish the same to you all.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2022

Pat,

Thanks so much for posting your interesting art. I always see so much in it, and I makes my day.

Happy, too, that you've resumed posting. You always have a wise word for the rest of us.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2022

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. Glad to see all of you doing well and still dancing.

I pray for Miss Rabbit every night still. I miss her very much.

Keep dancing everyone!

Heart

• anntop
    anntop Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2022

Dancing to see the posts from everyone!

Bailey5, your long post reminded me of how Rabbit would express so much of what we all were thinking. Thank you for sharing, and I hope your trip to Ireland is fabulous. Re UTIs, I was having a recurring infection while I was on Avastin and Zejula for ovarian cancer. What seems to have helped me is a vaginal suppository, Revaree Hylauronic Acid. Used 3 times a week, it seems to provide the barrier to prevent infection from fecal matter. (TMI, maybe, but that's where a lot of the UTI bacteria originate.)

I agree on bucket lists -- we're going to Northern Italy next week and have another trip planned for the fall. But I also saw a recommendation to have an "un-bucket" list -- that is, what have we been carrying around that burdens us? Dump that s**t out of the bucket.

Patgmc, I'm so happy to see your posts and another of your wonderful paintings. When I got my MBC diagnosis in July 2021, I hound this discussion and read all the posts going back to 2015. You've been an inspiration -- thank you for your humor and wisdom.

Aprilgirl and Dancemom, happy birthday on April 1! I have my 3-month scan that day -- I asked the scheduler if it was proper to get a scan on April Fool's Day. My scanxiety is not quite as bad as my last one, which was NEAD, but I'm plenty nervous.

SpookiesMom, congratulations on your good PET scan!

And Snow-drop, you're in my prayers for less uncertainty in your life.

Chicagoan, thanks for the calcium tips. I've had osteopenia for more than 15 years. I'm hoping that aromatase doesn't tip me into osteoporosis.

Love and support to all my fellow Ibrance dancers. I start cycle 7 next week - we depart for Milan the day after I see my MO for the scan results.

Ciao, Ann

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited March 2022

Snow-drop, sending you love and prayers for whatever might be going on.

Chicagoan, thank you for that detailed calcium info!

PatgMc, love love love the artwork!

Aprilgirl, happy almost birthday, and let us know how the Big Apple tasted (I'm always thinking food when I travel).

Anntop, yes to the un-bucket list, I'm working on that right now.

I just returned from my parent's (about a 5.5 hour drive) after staying a few days, my Dad is on hospice and he is mostly sleeping now. He wakes up and asks about food, which he can barely eat, but we fantasized about all the different flavors of pie we'd like to eat. I'm very glad to be able to see him for what is almost certainly the last time. I'm also so sad and simultaneously angry that I have this stupid diagnosis, since my Mum is going to be alone and I do not want her to then have to take care of me. THIS IS NOT HOW I WANTED IT TO GO! I mean, haven't we all shouted this at some point. (Some of us silently, some of us at the top of our lungs while, say, driving and listening to super loud Billy Idol.)

If any of you have watched Resident Alien on the SyFy channel, you'll chuckle at this (this is now my favorite saying, since it REALLY applies to so very much):

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022

sf-cakes, I’m really sorry about your dad. I’m so glad you got to visit with him. I’m thinking of you! I can’t see the heart hug emoji, but I am sending you a hug.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2022

SF-Cakes-I'm glad you got to spend time with your dad but it must have been very hard, not only to see him suffering but then to think forward to our futures. I pray for comfort for you and your parents.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited April 2022

SFCakes I was so sad to read your post. It's wonderful you got to spend time with your dad but all of those realities are a lot to face simultaneously. Sending hugs dear sister.

KBL I did hear from Devi and the study in an email yesterday and they said that the checks are in the mail for anyone who referred people for their study. Thank you again I hope we made some difference in how they market these medicines to us in the future.

Todays my GD birthday and tomorrow our 42nd anniversary. I guess my dance card is full this weekend!

Take care all

Tanya

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

• chicagoan
    edited April 2022

Happy Anniversary, Tanya!

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2022

PatGMc- congrats on your anniversary! Such an inspiration. The threads are so helpful. I’m learning so much and I have been given so much hope. So good to hear wonderful news. We know this is a roller coaster ride. I hope more meds are approved to help fight this foreign thing that is invading our body.

• ddil
    edited April 2022

Chicagoan - Do you live in Chicago? I live out in the far NW suburbs in illinois.

• kbl
    edited April 2022

Tanya, I wish you a very happy anniversary. We’ll be celebrating 38 in June. Not too far behind. I bought three booster car seats with the money already before I got it. Lol. Do we ever spend the money on ourselves? Nope. It makes me so happy when I give to my daughter.

• positive2strong
    positive2strong Member Posts: 209
    edited April 2022

Hello All,

I am new to this forum on Ibrance. I especially enjoy hearing from long time survivors. I do well when I am feeling fine and going out but when I don’t I fall in to the depths of doom and gloom. And then I come here for help. This past Tuesday I was out to a live music place with my husband and friends, felt good. Then Wednesday sick with pain on my left side by rib cage. I stopped taking my Ibrance on Wednesday as I had that pain when I was first put on 150 mg. I know on 75 mg. I was doing well until March 7 when Onc took me off Ibrance because of white cell count. Then I was able to go back on March 23 and then severe pain on March 30.

I don’t know much about side effects of Ibrance. Could this be a side effect. I take my pill before I go to bed with water. I see here you recommend taking it with food.

My onc tells me very little and I struggle to find the right questions. My tumor markers deceased since on treatment, my cat scan showed decreased in Mets and possible one in left hip increasing they want pet scan to see. They offered radiation but I had that on right side and didn’t seem to help.

I’d appreciate any help.

• sf-cakes
    edited April 2022

Thank you so much KBL, Chicagoan, Tanya. ❤️

The number of posts per page seems to have gone down significantly, I know I wanted to respond to someone else and now I can't find it! Argh!

I miss our Rabbit, too. 🐇

• kbl
    edited April 2022

Positive2strong, I don’t know what the pain could be from. I wanted to let you know if you’re on the capsules, they should be taken with food. If you’re on the newer tablets, they don’t need to be taken with food. I hope you feel better soon.

• positive2strong
    positive2strong Member Posts: 209
    edited April 2022

KBL

I am on a small tablet, not a capsule

• chicagoan
    edited April 2022

DDil-I do live in Chicago on the northside. Enjoy our snow this weekend-argh!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited April 2022

Positive, I'm on the 100 mg tablets. I started on the 150 tablet, but my white cells and neutrophils dropped so low that my MO lowered my dose. My counts are still low, but not so low that I need a further dose reduction.

• kbl
    edited April 2022

Positive2Strong, no food needed. It was a pain to take the capsule because you had to eat

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited April 2022

positive2strong I think many of us had pain in our right rib while in ibrance. You may be able to find it in this thread. I dont t remember why but I also had it. Not each month but from time to time. I also had Mets in my right rib so it may have been the medicine attacking the area. Hope this is helpful and that you feel better.

KBL definitely spend money on the grandkids. I like that yours is spent already. take care all

Tany

• kbl
    edited April 2022

Tanya, so much fun to spend on them.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited April 2022

Hi all - thanks for the birthday wishes:) We had a fantastic, yet busy 5 day visit to NYC (it is a 5 hour flight from Seattle). We saw two broadway shows, spent some quality time with a college friend, visited with her two adult children a bit who both live and work in NYC and we walked MILES and MILES! The Hudson River waterfront was beautiful and I don't remember it being so nice but I have to admit I've only been to NYC a couple of times. I didn't have any extra time but NEXT time I visit NYC I'd love to meet DanceMom who is my birthday sister!

SF-Cakes - I am so sorry about your father. It is so hard....not only are we facing serious health issues but we often are watching our parents suffer. How is he doing today? Every time I visit my parents and fly home I wonder if that is the last time we will visit. Sigh. Hope your April Fool's Day scan was easy peasy and you have stable results. I was in your pocket with NY Cheesecake!

Snow-drop - thinking of you and sending you prayers for calm waters and less uncertainty in your life.

SpookiesMom - congrats on good PetScan news!

Chicagoan, hope you are healing well at home and feel better every day!

AnnTop, so excited about your Italy trip - you might have already left. I can't wait to hear about it!

Bailey - we understand. Yes - take the trip! Make plans. Hope your UTI is resolved.

PatMcG - love your post and the artwork! Happy anniversary.

Tanya - happy anniversary to you, too!

KBL - I think it is your anniversary coming up or I mixed the posts up trying to catch up!

Candy - hope your new treatment is treating you well! We miss you on here!

RK-2020 - hope your new treatment is treating you well! We miss you on here!

SondraF - I know you left us but hope your new treatment is going well! We miss you on here!

Rosie24 - hope you are doing well on your new treatment, we miss you on here, too! Once a dancer, always a dancer ;)

Hope you all are doing well. I had my blood draw and fulvestrant today at 9am, at the clinic close to my house which was super convenient since I didn't get home until 10pm last night. My neutrophils were pretty high for me at 1.23 (last month on this same day of my cycle my neutrophils were .80). I just ate dinner and am starting cycle 29 or 30 right NOW! The nice nurse did seem to hit my sciatic nerve. This is only the second time I have had a lingering issue with one of the fulvestrant injections in 30 cycles so can't complain too much. I had a telehealth call with my MO but we didn't have much to discuss (thankfully!).

Onward!

• kbl
    edited April 2022

Aprilgirl1, I’m so glad you had a great time. I’m not sure if I mentioned an anniversary, but my three-year treatment anniversary and my wedding anniversary are both in June. I can totally understand not remembering with all we read. I’ll read a page and a half of posts if I’m behind and totally forget who said what. I really should write things down as I go.

• ddil
    edited April 2022

Chicagoan

Thankfully the snow melted.. but now rain and I heard flurries this Friday. This doesn’t help improve my mood at all. I’m looking forward to sunshine and nice weather to be outside. I hope you’re doing well in spite of this damp weather.

• chicagoan
    edited April 2022

Ddil-I guess we had an easy winter but it just doesn't seem to be going away! I am looking forward to warmer weather and sunshine, although the cold weather these past few weeks has made it easier for me to stay inside with my broken leg. But I can get out now so, let's hope Spring comes!

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited April 2022

Ibrancers, it's been quiet here. Happy Easter, happy Passover and happy Ramadan to all who celebrate. Happy spring to everyone (even though it has been unusually cold here in the Seattle area). Nothing really new with me, but checking in and hope all of you are doing fine. Im around for pocket duty if anyone has scans or medical appts coming up :)

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited April 2022

Aprilgirl - I’m still here but have not felt like chit chatting lately. I just finished cycle 4 of xeloda, get blood work on Thursday and get my PET scan scheduled. My tumor markers were down last test. I’m hoping that madame X is destroying both my bone and liver lesions. 🤞🏻

Spring had sprung. Enjoy watching the rebirth of all your dormant plants. Enjoy the warming sun. Enjoy listening to the birds. Enjoy life.

Hugs to everyone.

• sf-cakes
    edited April 2022

Hello to Aprilgirl and RK! Lovely to hear from you both, and RK, I really hope madame X is doing her job for you.

We've finally had a bit more rain here, sun is out today so I will be outside later. Happy holidays and happy Spring to everyone!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited April 2022

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Aprilgirl for the mention! I check in here now and then but sometimes feel kind of bummed that my Ibrance days are over. It was good for me for almost 3 years.

I’ve had two treatments of GemCarbo now and have a week off coming up. It’s been pretty easy on me so far. I have an MO telehealth appt this week and will be wondering how long till it’s time for a scan.

I hope everyone here is doing ok (or better than ok). DH and I are doing nothing today, which we don’t mind. Had dinner out with our nearby family yesterday.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2022

Still here. I took 4 weeks off to help with fatigue. It didn’t make a huge difference. I’ll have to figure out when I can get the 2nd Covid booster to avoid another rash. My skin did not like Moderna, but Pfizer was fine.

Happy holidays! Sun is out here. 🌞