Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited May 2022

sf-cakes - my condolences to you and your mother. I’m glad you are taking some time to help each other through this difficult time. Hugs.

Serenity - that’s a beautiful poem. It made me think of my father in law who passed from lung cancer in 2008. ❤️

BAP - I’m following you on the liver mets thread and hoping that the root cause is identified sooner rather then later.

Im working on the finishing touches decorating my new house. Covid supply issues and cancer have extended my timeline I thought my mother in law was insane when she spent her last few months before succumbing to BC updating her decor knowing that her husband wouldn’t and that would be the last update in the house. Now I find myself doing the same. 🤦♀️ Last month I even took it one step further and bought my husband a bunch of clothes…shorts, pants, socks, tshirts. The man is a master of many things but clothes shopping is not in his wheelhouse. 😂

It’s so good to hear updates from others. May we all get a chance to contemplate all our blessings today because this IS some bullshit.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited May 2022

Spookiesmom - thanks for the information on what you have been doing for pain management. I have been taking CBD oil for a while and I think that has been helpful but at some point, I may need to do more than that and the gabapentin.

sf-cakes - So sorry to hear about your father but glad that you and your mother were able to be there for each other. Also, as a fellow cow lover, you would probably get a kick out of the eyeglass frames I got last August. They have a design that looks like cowhide! Since I dress mostly in a western kind of style, they really match my style well.

Aprilgirl1 - Sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis of maculer degeneration. That has to be really tough to know that you will be losing your sight.

Rk2020 - I hope you get to enjoy that new house for a LONG LONG time!

Waving to everyone else - I hope everyone has a wonderful weak and that any in pain are able to ease it.

• malebreastc
    malebreastc Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2022

I have some news to share.

I completed 5 cycles of Fulvestrant+Ibrance and got my Pet scan report today, The report sats complete to near complete resolution of metabolic activity in all regions, complete resolution in liver and lungs, complete resolution of metabolic activity in the spine with lesions showing healing response.

Overall summary says, near complete metabolic response and no new lesion seen..

I am meeting my MO soon, one sentence I have not understood is that it says physiological uptake of FDG in brain, kidneys, heart and liver ?

This is my first scan post treatment and am hoping that it is good enough

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2022

Sounds great!! Congratulations!!!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,666
    edited May 2022

malebreastc - I think that means that they see regular uptake in those areas because those areas use a certain amount of sugar for basic functioning (or whatever the PET triggers off). Otherwise they don't see hot spots where there shouldn't be.

Congrats,what a fantastic result!

• rk2020
    edited May 2022

malebreastc- I’m pretty sure you’ve gotten the best news possible!

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited May 2022

Malebc - great news! I agree with the others. Mine don't even include my head as there is always activity noted:)

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited May 2022

malebreastc, the way it was explained to me, physiological means normal uptake, not related to cancer.

Great results, congratulations!

• malebreastc
    edited May 2022

Thank you all for your response, will update fu after my meeting with MO

• airlinegal
    airlinegal Member Posts: 252
    edited May 2022
    This is airlinegal…..I haven’t posted in a long time and most names I don’t recognize. Just wanted you to know as of May 1st it has been 6 yrs on Ibrance 75mg and Letrosole
  • BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    edited May 2022

Airlinegal,

I think a lot of people left BCO with the change in format on the boards, so that's why you don't recognize many people.

In any event, your news is great. Congratulations.

• aprilgirl1
    edited May 2022

airlinegal- thanks for posting ! That is such great news !! Happy Friday the 13th:

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2022

airlinegal congratulations and well done. I am now in my 6th year and am amazed to not only still be here but alsoenjoying life.

• malebreastc
    edited May 2022

Thanks airlinegal and chico for posting this encouraging new

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited May 2022

Congrats on your great scan news, malebreastc! And let me join the chorus of thank yous to airlinegal and chico, it's great to hear you are both doing well.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited May 2022

Malebreastc great news!

Aerilinegal and Chico thanks for the encouragement.

It will be 5 years on Ibrance/Faslodex next month.

Take care all

Waving hello to all -keep dancing

Tanya

• sf-cakes
    edited May 2022

Tanya, great news that you've been on Ibrance almost five years!

Cross-posting from another thread: Hmmm, I've had a headache off and on for the past couple of weeks, and my left eye feels tired (trying to stay off screens, but...so much is on screen these days) so my MO ordered a brain MRI for this Friday. She doesn't *think* it's anything, but, just to be sure. Ugh. Every new pain or symptom now of course triggers the thought, "is it more cancer?" Hard to explain the emotional weight of that to non-MBC folks. Also, MRIs aren't my favorite. Lol, are they anyone's?

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited May 2022

Sfcakes no MRI’s are awful. The noise the confinement the length of time. They put on music or whatever but I don’t even hear the music until the clanging stops.

Pocket duty for Friday. Do you go alone? I usually go to all my appts alone especially since Covid but not the MRI.

Tanya

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited May 2022

sf-cakes, I'm sorry. I hate that feeling that every little ache, pain, or other "something" is SOMETHING. I recently had an MRI for new pain in my hip and leg. Nothing worrisome showed up. I usually don't mind MRIs but this one was killer because it took about 2 hours. It was a total of 4 scans. I should have asked to sit up between the scans, because by the last 20 minutes I was in tears. I was supposed to lie perfectly still and by the end my back was screaming. If I ever have to do that again, I'll ask if I can sit up periodically.

I hate the worrying and even when the results come back as "fine" I still wonder "What's going on with me???" It's like I wish they'd find something so that they could treat it. Know what I mean?

Carol

• aprilgirl1
    edited May 2022

SF Cakes, MRI's are particularly awful. In your pocket for results. It is so true that "regular" people have no idea of the terror and fear cancer patients and in particular, us stage IV patients rightfully have with every twinge, ache or pain. Sending you lots of love and good energy for your results to be nada, benign and nothin' to see.

sunshine99 - happy to hear that your results were good and nothing showed up. I am sorry it was painful :/

• sf-cakes
    edited May 2022

Thank you all so much for the support, and Sunshine, your last MRI sounded just awful, I'm so sorry. Tanya, I've gone to all my appointments alone, since I was diagnosed during 2020 and couldn't bring anyone with me to anything. Sort of got used to it. I would love for a friend to be able to sit in the MRI room and pat my feet every now and then... perhaps I'll ask the technician if they could do that? I will imagine all of you sitting in the room, chatting, eating snacks, laughing, and patting my feet! 😁 I'm hoping for, as Aprilgirl says, the results are nada, nothin to see!

• anntop
    anntop Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2022

SF-cakes, I'll be in your pocket too. My sympathy as well for the loss of your dad.

MaleBC, what good news! We all hope to be "super responders" -- sounds like you just might be one.

Airline Gal and Chico, thanks for letting us know you've been dancing for 6 years.

I'm about to complete Cycle 8 and at my MO check in early this May, he actually told me I was in "remission." Fingers crossed I'll have a long dance too.

Love and support to you all! (and hoping the BC.org website problems are behind us.)

Ann

• rk2020
    edited May 2022

Ann - I’m thrilled to hear you’re doing so well and am looking forward to see you dance a LONG time.

SF Cakes - I’ll be there patting your feet (no tickling allowed) and eating peanut M&Ms. 😁

• sf-cakes
    edited May 2022

Results from brain MRI came in only two hours after my scan, my MO sent me an email saying, "good news, no cancer in your brain", and I, of course, burst into tears. Then ordered chicken parmigiana, ravioli, and garlic bread for celebratory dinner. THANK YOU for all your support, this weekend will be one of rest and emotional recuperation.

Sending love to you all, where would I be without you?

• aprilgirl1
    edited May 2022

SF-Cakes! Best news! I logged in to check on you. What a relief - hope you enjoyed every bite of your delicious dinner!

Edited to add, great news AnnTops! Lots to celebrate:

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited May 2022

SF-Cakes wonderful news. Anntop remission wow. So uplifting to hear this along with MaleBC and Sunshine getting good news.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited May 2022

Congratulations to everyone on their good news!!

sf-cakes, so glad you have an oncologist who sent you the results right away - glad he/she realized how awful it would be to wait; some of them don't.

So happy for happy news!!

• rk2020
    edited May 2022

SO true Ciaci! I once had a breast surgeon call me on Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend to give me my biopsy result. She said she called as soon as she got a text that my results were in. She didn’t want anxiety to ruin the rest of my weekend. So thoughtful. Not all doctors think this way. I wish she was still my doc.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited May 2022

I'm always glad to hear the good news. Isn't it great to have a doctor who calls you as soon as they get our results?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2022

Wooohooooo happy dance for all.