Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TE/Implant OVER pectoral Can exercise, comfortable &NO RIPPLES!

Options

Comments

• Andraxo
    Andraxo Member Posts: 168
    Options

bird-of-light - Yes, I have Natrelle 410 - cohesive gel, anatomic shaped. low projection 250cc.

Exactly - lots of factors go into rippling, as well as seeing the edges. Everyone will be different, that was my point. I'm concerned mostly with comfort - with sports and everyday life. I don't want to be aware that I have implants while going about my life, and most of the time I don't. Yay! Lying on my side in bed is when I'm most aware. Implants, even my tiny little ones, don't behave anything like a natural breast in sidelying. Happy not to have any real pain associated with them.

- xo

• hapa
    hapa Member Posts: 613
    Options

Does anybody have low projection or low moderate rounds? I'm scheduled to get my Mentor moderates swapped out with Allergan Insprias, either low or low moderate rounds. I hope they don't wind up looking like pancakes, but I just can't tolerate these torpedoes on my chest.

• Andraxo
    Options

hapa - I have low projection. They are like A+ cups on my body, but look like a B in a bra (ALL bras, even sports bras - anything with those foam triangles for nipple concealment) because they don't compress and the bras make me look bigger. I think Macb04 said it best once, that she compared the appearance of some implants to hamburger buns. Yup - mine are like hamburger buns when looking straight on because you can see every edge (low body fat and didn't have fat grafting), but from the side they are sloped like a real breast. I actually wish they were even flatter because of the bras making them look bigger.

- xo

• Druanne
    Druanne Member Posts: 74
    Options

Hi all!

Before surgery I was a 34DD. I was kinda looking forward to being a D or smaller but still wear the same size bra. When I woke up from surgery I found out my PS had gone direct to implant bypassing TEs (Which is wonderful!!!) He gave me the largest implants at 790CC. So much for being smaller! My PS really did an amazing job though. I have before and after pics and it is crazy how they look like mine only round and more compact... I am slowly getting used to them and practicing gratitude every time I look at them. I needed no fat grafting and have no ripples unless I bend completely over without a bra on. I think the weirdest thing so far is the fact they don't move like the originals. When I lay down they just stand straight up. I feel self conscious about them when my fiance looks at me naked now. :( Exercising is getting better as long as I am wearing a good sports bra. I am very grateful they were able to spare all of my skin and both nipples. I still secretly wish they were smaller every day....I feel guilty sometimes because I should just be thankful everything went so well. I am so happy we have this forum to share our thoughts, experiences and feelings.

<3

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    Options

I had a LOT of rippling with the extra full projection SCX (highest cohesive) Inspiras. Swapped for Sientras and 1 round of fg. No more ripples. Swapped again and downsized by 95cc to Inspira SSM (still cohesive but called "soft touch") moderate profile and still no ripples! I am only having fg to fill the envelope where the bigger implants had been.

• macb04
    macb04 Member Posts: 756
    Options

I have to say that I had 5 rounds of FG. Most didn't stay which is why I went for an implant. The fat that stayed was enough to cushion all of the edges of the implant..

• Yaniza
    Yaniza Member Posts: 83
    Options

macb04, do you have reconstruction on one side, not both?

• macb04
    Options

TE/Implant Left side after poor retention of grafted fat. Lifted Right side.

• Yaniza
    Options

Gotcha, thanks I was confused . I think of everyone is having both sides done! I must say it would be nice to at least be half there. I do miss having any sensation in my breasts.

Cheers, Yaniza

• macb04
    Options

Yaniza, well sort of have sensation, but not completely as the lift damaged nerves too. Although I have heard thst FG is known to encourage nerve regrowth to some degree. I was severely burnt to a crisp by the lunatic rads doctor, otherwise the FG would have worked better.

• Yaniza
    Options

Macb04, I will absolutely be looking into the possible regeneration of nerves. Based on absolutely nothing I found myself wondering that immediately after the fat grafting because I thought I felt more. I realize that's way too soon for nerve regrowth but it did cross my mind.

• macb04
    Options

Hey Andraxo and Shoregirl, how are you both doing? Keep us posted. Hope you are well.

• Andraxo
    Options

Doing OK! - thanks for asking :) I never quite figured out why my left side was red. Antibiotics didn't get rid of it, then I tried topical steroid since biopsy came back with 'dermatitis'. Steroid didn't do much it either so I stopped it, but it has slowly resolved anyway. Almost back to normal now. I'm still keeping appt with the new plastic surgeon next week though. I just want to see what he thinks of my recon.

- xo

• macb04
    Options

That's great, if mystifying Andraxo. Let us know how the new consult works out.

• Shoregirl
    Options

macb04, thank you for asking. I am now preparing to interview PS4!! My nightmare continues. PS3 did my implant downsize Dec 4. He sutured the lateral side of one pocket too tight. He attempted to fix it under local in his office Feb 4. I underwent the procedure, which involved him opening the previous incision, cauterizing some tissue to release the implant into a more suitable position, and also he had to remove the implant to see what was going on in the upper medial pole. He saw that the ADM he had placed had bunched up. I knew when I woke up in recovery back in Dec there was a problem. If I had not been awake for the latest procedure he never would have checked it. I had to remind him while he was working on me of the pain at upper pole. Anyhoo....he removed the offending ADM, washed the cavity and re-inserted the implant. Then he closed and sent me home. Unfortunately, this time he sutured the IMF too tight, and now my implant is all jacked up higher than the other with an ugly flat lower pole.

We left it on Feb 11 that his coordinator would call me with a date for him to fix (again) and he would do 1st round of FG at same time, again in his office under a local. 10 days went by and I hadn't heard from him so I called the coordinator. She gave me some story that the nurse had told her I was "on the fence about moving fwd." I told her that was untrue, of course I want this fixed and I wanted to be done before summer!! She said the ps was booked through May. When we hung up, I lost it. I am so angry and hurt at the lack of concern or compassion from yet another doctor. I decided I will NOT let him botch me any further and promptly applied to the show Botched!! I realize chances are slim I would get on as they receive thousands of applicants and only select 45. I went back to the drawing board and selected to more ps to interview. 1st appt is tomorrow (Thurs Mar 7) with a male ps. 2nd is March 26 with a female. I am not going to rush into anything. I am really getting weary of it all though. I went all last summer with 1 implant 2" higher than the other. I would love to get done done!!!

• macb04
    Options

Oh my Shoregirl, that is an F*ing shitty mess. Sounds like some of the same lunacy I went through, sloppy, crazy mistakes. Are these PSs asleep at the wheel? Why are some of them so damn careless? It boggles the mind how awful it is to be at the mercy of these halfa**ed fools. Then they don't own up to their mistakes either. I am sorry. I really hope you get a great one, for PS number 4. You deserve to look good and get a decent reconstruction, we all do.

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    Options

When you come out of a consultation energized, rather than bogged down with unanswered questions, you will know you have found the right PS. Keep going until you find "the one."

"Botched" would be interesting!  I think someone on here got to the final cut a year or two back, but then Dr Dubrow decided that the case was too difficult.  

• macb04
    Options

I totally agree VegGal. Keep looking for the right fit.

• Shoregirl
    Options

I didn't get to see the 1st ps4 candidate yesterday. I was halfway there when the secretary called to reschedule as there was a complication in surgery and he wouldn't be able to keep his afternoon appointments. In a way I am glad because now my appt has been moved to the day before my consult with candidate 2. So March 25 & March 26 back to back consults.

I called ps3 office for my records yesterday. They didn't even ask why. SMH.

• Bird-of-light
    Bird-of-light Member Posts: 143
    Options

shore girl,

Thanks for the updates. I’m so sorry about your results. It sucks!!! How is your comfort level?

Be sure to do what you can to detox from the meds and build up your immune system while you plan for another revision.

Bird

• Shoregirl
    Options

Thank you Bird. Comfort....not so much. I have major aching sensation along lateral IMF incision line where he cauterized capsule to "release" implant.. BS was super agressive on that side (not sure why as it was prophy) so there is hardly any tissue between my skin and my rib. I HAVE to wear a bra 24/7. If I take it off for a while when laying down just to get some relief from the band it becomes very uncomfortable. I hope my reconstruction hasn't been forever ruined by that butcher! If only ps2 had not neglected to use ADM on the left side....the reconstruction was beautiful and comfortable.

• macb04
    Options

I get so mad Shoregirl when I hear how badly some of these PSs screw up. They should be called worse than butchers if they do such a terrible, sloppy job. I dearly hope the next PS you get is just fantastic.

• macb04
    Options

Ladies, if in retrospect, you think a PS wasn't that good, wasn't attentive to your needs, let me know so I take them off the list.

• Fritzmylove
    Fritzmylove Member Posts: 262
    Options

I had my BMX with prepectoral TEs on Feb 20th. So far I've been surprised with how smoothly recovery has been. I noticed that my PS is not on the list. He's been great so far, and has taken it upon himself to personally communicate with my Radiation Oncologist so they are on the same page to give my reconstruction the best chance to be successful after rads.

Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar. He's listed as being in Downers Grove, IL at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, but I see him in Batavia, IL where he has office hours every Wednesday. My surgery was done at Presence Mercy Hospital in Aurora, IL with Dr Nancy Whereatt as my BS. drjejurikar.com

• macb04
    Options

Welcome Fritzmylove. I have added your PS. Good to hear your PS is skilled surgically AND as a great communicator. We all need and deserve a PS with that skill set.

• Kimmy_nl
    Kimmy_nl Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi ladies,

I had my skin sparring DMX with immediate recon, tissue expanders March 6. Surgery went well, I spent 2 nights in the hospital. I had one drain out Monday and the last one out yesterday and the wound vac with the prevena bandage came off as well. Since I came home I've only had to take Advil and Tylenol for the pain. I'm only wearing the compression band and a sports bra now, no dressings.

Woke up today with the terrible burning pain sensation under the boob line on my right side. The incision was straight across the breast removing the nipple. Anyone else experiencing this? Nothing I’m taking is relieving the pain. I even took codiene today that the PS prescribed, but I haven’t needed until today

Hope everyone on here is recovering well! And to those awaiting surgery, best of luck, hugs

• Fritzmylove
      Fritzmylove Member Posts: 262
      Options

The area under my breasts were very sensitive, and still are 3 weeks post op. Especially if any bra cuts too close to the skin. I feel like it’s the edge of the expanders that makes it sore. My insidious oddly never hurt.

• macb04
      Options

Hi Kimmy_nl. Hope you are getting some improvement of that pain you've been having. There could have been ADM anchoring sutures under the skin, that you can't see, causing pain.

I occasionally, even a few years later will get a painful spasm in that lower area, kind of where the artificial Inframammary Fold would be on that side. They sew ADM down into the muscle and that can hurt sometimes.

• Kimmy_nl
      Kimmy_nl Member Posts: 3
      Options

Hi Macb04, the pain on the left side is more bearable now thank goodness. I think your right it’s where the ADM is anchored to the muscle.

Yesterday I kinda felt a weird sensation like a spasm on my left side. It was very painful, I thought maybe I pulled a stitch or something. It has since happened several times over the past 24 hrs. I didn’t think I would have muscle spasms with OTM? Maybe it’s not a spasm but something else

• macb04
      Options

Well I had a TE subpectoral, and now TE, then Implant over the muscle. In both circumstances my poor Pectoral Muscle took some kind of hit. With subpectoral it was like being stretched and stuffed like a Cornish Game Hen, then the rad fibrosis made the insane tightness complete. Completely miserable.

With Prepectoral, I know that they suture, using disolvable sutures, the ADM into place on the chest wall. Basically directly affecting the Pectoral, no way not to. I don't usually feel it, just if I do an abdominal crunch type maneuver. It can trigger a painful spasm there, at the Inframammary Fold that doesn't go away till I stand back up straight.

Having done both, not completely loving either to be honest, but Prepectoral is definitely the lesser of two evils.