Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

IBC lounge: roll call, support and just a good place to hang out

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

Hey LW, always good to hear from you. I guess the rule here is no news is good news! That applies to me for now! Anyway sorry to hear about the extra mammo. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,403
    Options

Hey TT! Thanks for the good wishes; I'm a little nervous about the biopsy but not living in sheer terror like the first time. Hope all is well with you.

• hopeful2020
    hopeful2020 Member Posts: 80
    Options

hey there @lw422 - was wondering where you were. What was your Birad categorization previously? Sorry to hear about the biopsy. Guess just show up for it and see what it might be. Try and not to worry what the results will be. There is always an answer to the situation.

As for me, 2 rounds done of THP. Some softening of the breast is evident. After the 3rd one, will have a CT Scan. So far doing ok. Brain MRI was clear - asked for it as that seems to be the only one left to image 😀 CA27-29 was normal.

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Dear lw422, thank you for letting us know your news - what a brave human being you are! We are okay here, generally talking. Your biopsy will give all the answers but unconcerned oncologist is a very good sign. Hugs to you and keep us updated,

Saulius

• lw422
    Options

@hopeful2020 — my very first BIRADS classification was 5, but then I was "upgraded" to BIRADS 6 when I was diagnosed with IBC. Excellent news that your brain scan was clear and you are seeing improvements from treatment! Yeah!

@bsandra — thank you, Saulius. I'm not particularly brave but taking a cue from my oncologist who did not seem unduly alarmed by the calcifications. I'm hoping to hear from the biopsy tomorrow or Monday and I will post as soon as I know. I am entertaining the idea of a mastectomy no matter what the outcome; I'm tired of dealing with that "uniboob." I hope your sweet wife (and YOU) are doing well these days.

• lw422
    Options

Wow; I just got a message from MD Anderson. "No evidence of malignancy seen in the calcifications!" Hooray!!!

• hopeful2020
    hopeful2020 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Great news @lw422 !!!

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Dear lw422, yes!:) You absolutely deserve these news. Thank you also for remembering us - we are doing well, always aware, but doing well… Hugs, Saulius

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,185
    Options

Hey @lw422, we're super happy to hear that!! 🤸🎉🎊