Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Who is starting chemo in September 2016?

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• nayda985
    nayda985 Member Posts: 270
    Options
  • smilethrupain
    smilethrupain Member Posts: 133
    Options

Nayda, how are you doing?

• bagsharon
    bagsharon Member Posts: 142
    Options

I haven't logged on in a few months and was devastated to see Nayda's news. I was hoping she was finding solace on the stage IV boards but her personal information says she hasn't been active since March.

Nayda, I've always enjoyed your humor and perspective. Though we never met, I have felt a kinship with you and most of the people in this group because of what we have gone through together. I hope you'll tell us how you're doing.

• Sam13
    Sam13 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Hello all,

It has been awhile since I've logged in but after seeing Nayda's news, I felt I needed to comment. To Nayda, I pray for the very best outcome for you and hope you find strength in the love that surrounds you. i am so sorry and saddened by your diagnosis. Stay strong! Fight!

Emily is doing well and is currently traveling with our youngest daughter and 4 of our granddaughters throughout the midwest and west coast. She is having a blast. I would have gone with her but my time off from work is limited and we are planning another trip to Vermont in September.

Love and healing to all,

Sam

• smilethrupain
    Options

hi all, I’m glad to see activity here. I’ve contacted Nayda directly but haven’t heard from her. I wish I knew how to reach and talk to her. I’m sad for her and especially since she has chosen to withdraw from the boards. I hope she has the support in her immediate surroundings to stay strong and focused on recovery..

• CC2016
    CC2016 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Just checked in to find that I haven't been getting notifications...so missed the last couple of months. I did get a PM from Nayda in May and she seemed in decently good spirits and was in battle mode. I sent her a message this morning so hopefully I'll hear back. That was the reason I had signed in today! And to update my AI list. Again. What AI's are y'all on? I've just been taken off my 3rd due to SE that could develop in tiny percentages of patients happening each time...if only my lotto chances we're so good...ugh.

• nayda985
    nayda985 Member Posts: 270
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrNwTSgTe7M

this song by lecrae and tori kelly explains how i feel right now....thank you all for your kind words...i have been in treatment since april and i have honestly been on a rollercoaster ride of emotions...bitter...furious...humble...happy...glad...everything at times...not "depressed", i call it trying to come to terms with my situation...treatment has been very hard on me this time around...last time was totally different...i finally have came to grips with my life right now...i ran to God the first time....this second time I have been angry with God....i have been struggling with that..." i cry now having just written that part"...but at the end of the day my love never changes for the lord...today i was moved to run back to God and stop "being defeated".....i woke up and watched a little tv....then said let me pull up some preaching online...let me listen to gospel music....then i said let me go to bco and see how everyone is doing...and honestly it is great to see everyone is doing well...i smile when i see your updates....my mom says she prayed for a miracle and she has been saying that since i have been diagnosed....lol....she believes in it and I do too...she is my "sunshine" in this storm...petscan this month showed that my body is responding to the treatment..areas in my body have been clearing up...which is great...so as my mom says "the miracle is here"....i hope everyone continue with great progress and please keep me in your prayers...i will pop in and out to see how you all are doing...Everyone Hugs************

• CC2016
    Options

powerful song! and you don't need to hide here...keep fighting and pushing on...(hugs)

• smilethrupain
    Options

hi Nayda. I hope you are doing well. You are on my mind.

• CC2016
    Options

Merry After Christmas and Happy almost New Year!

Year end check-in ladies! How's everyone doing 3ish years later?

I've been getting those "oh yeah, how are yoouuu doing now?" a lot this time of year, as I'm sure many of you have too. But I've honestly been wondering how you guys are now years after first chemo...knowing it's been good and bad.

For me, physically okay. Just turned 45 and feel 75 at times, and wonder what If I was never diagnosed if I'd feel the same? I think I move to yearly MO checks after my next one in Feb. I think. I really try not to think about when as I start to get anxious that something might come up. Nothing should come up. But it could. We all know that too well. I try not to be too paranoid about weird things... like my hair is losing its curl....something must be up with the hormones...but I've been on the same AI for 6+ months so nothing should be changing...so why?....what can that mean?.....eeekkkk....grrr. Hate it.So very much. Can't be alone on this. I'm going to do the best I can to be 35 for the next year and see what happens ;P

Who's next?

• lifeb4me
    lifeb4me Member Posts: 6
    Options

Well Everyone, I wish us all a very healthy 2020. I was fine until my 3 year checkup. I had been having some pain in my armpit, thought it was more cording. Suddenly I found a lump near my collarbone, next to the axila. My doctor got worried, ordered scans and it was a huge intrapectoral node. It wasn’t noticed because it’s outside the mammogram area. So, biopsy confirmed cancer is back, but TN this time around. I have started chemo again last December. This time I’m cold capping, hoping to save my hair. Silver lining, no Mets. It’s not in the breast or anywhere else, just this one 5 cm lymph node. Don’t accept mammograms only. Ask for scans.

• smilethrupain
    Options

hi, sorry lifeb4me you had bad news. It must be a difficult journey however, glad you are choosing to focus on the positive - ie no mets. I’ve been doing ok - had a a couple of scares - bleeding out of blue- did pelvic ultrasound. Found nothing. Got frustrated with ovarian suppression shots and removed my ovaries last week. The day before surgery, bleeding had resumed, totally like period - even though blood test end of September had confirmed that I was postmenopausal - had been for 3 years since chemo. Oh well, surgeon confirmed - I was having my period. This made me question the effectiveness of the monthly shots, and whether the letrozole was effective during the past 2 months of actual long not being in menopause... CC2016 I know what you mean about feeling 75 - I turned 44 and I swear I often feel as I’d I’m in my 70s. I have foot pain - plantar fasciitis in the left foot and Achilles tendinitis in the right heel. Sometimes the burning pain is so bad I wake up in the middle of the night. Got scared, saw a doc and xrayed my feet - the diagnosis was reassuring. I hope 2020 would be a gentle and kind year for us. Wish you all health and hope and joy. Xox

• misslil
    misslil Member Posts: 229
    Options

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in. I'm so happy that Nayda's treatment plans were showing good effects last she checked in, I hope that's been continuing, as well as success with the treatment plan for lifeb4me.

I've been off everything but Arimidex since February. Nothing concerning found in this past year, but I still get people asking if I'm ok because I'm back wearing caps/scarves. My hair never fully recovered from the chemo phase, just some light wispy stuff came back. I retired last February, which seemed like the right time to ditch the wig, and just go with the soft chemo caps which are a lot more comfortable and practical. The wig made me look a lot better, but after a while it just didn't feel like it was me in terms of where post-treatment had left me.

My RO and I agreed I'd do the alternating MRIs and mammograms for at least 5 years from my 2016 diagnosis, next one is in a few weeks, hoping for a non-event. I gather the Arimidex can be for 10 years under current practice? That seems like such a long time but since my 2016 diagnosis wasn't that long after I stopped taking tamoxifen from an earlier DCIS situation, I'm just as happy to keep taking whatever pills as long as there aren't big SEs.

Best wishes to all, especially those BC sisters who've experienced follow-on diagnoses and other challenges.

• smilethrupain
    Options

hi ladies

How are you doing in These crazy times? Hope all is well and you are healthy and safe

• misslil
    misslil Member Posts: 229
    Options

Hi smilethrupain and others who may be out there checking in or lurking -

I'm doing pretty well in these unusual times, hope you all are as well. Returned to work part-time last summer after retiring from my "career" job, and then with the COVID situation I've been in and out of the office as they adjust the facility status to thin out the density of people in the buildings. Not sure when that will end.

Later in the summer I have a mammogram due and doctor check-ins. To this point, no new health scares worth speaking of since finishing all my HER2+/etc treatments in early 2019 (chemo, radiation, year of Herception, year of Nerlynx).

Unless I mention the 5-10 lbs I totally didn't need to gain while at home so much this springtime, grrr. I should get out walking more but my senior dog has been developing significant issues. It's been nice at least to be able to spend more time with her. She was my buddy through the two BC diagnoses and treatment rounds in2008/2009 and then starting up again in 2016, such a big help through all of it.

• bagsharon
    bagsharon Member Posts: 142
    Options

Well, I joined the mets party. A blood draw in December showed increased tumor markers, another one in January showed even more of an increase and a CT scan showed mets to a rib. Everyone is surprised I had no pain because the rib is really ate up. After several other tests where I feel like a pin cushion, no other tumors were found. I've already started Fulvestrant and Xgeva and am waiting on insurance to get their act together for Ibrance. At least I finally able to get off Arimidex.