Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unfortunately things are going downhill

Options

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited April 2017
    Options

Yeah, things are definitely going down hill...MO did not even want to want to talk about my vacation to Hawaii in the fall. She's being realistic, which I appreciate.

More radiation and nasty chemo on the horizon.

Will I Last?

L

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi Kandy,

I haven't been on bco a lot lately, but stopped in to see how you're doing. I hope the carboplatin does the trick! I hope you are feeling better these days too. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you're getting Harper time too - our grandson will be three in a couple of weeks - grandchildren definitely help warm our hearts and lift our spirits!

Love and hugs,

Amy

• Lita57
    edited April 2017
    Options

Pain, pain and more pain. Had to pull out the BIG guns...OPIODS AND MM today. Separately, they no longer help with the deep bone pain in my back and throbbing nerve pain in my upper thigh. Internet research says to be careful with combining and dosage, and I'm keeping notes on what i'm taking, how much and when, so I don't end up like Marilyn Monroe or Heath Ledger.

Have to do it because I haven't slept (other than an hour or 2 here and there) since Saturday. I can no longer stand up for more than 3 minutes, literally.

I called radiology to schedule more rads, but they haven't rc'd my mo's request for referral yet. They say it can take a few days. That sucks. Guess I'll be sleeping in the la-z-boy again.

What scares me the most is the knowledge that things are getting worse because the Mets are on the move, according to my last scan, so this intractable pain shouldn't be a surprise, but it ain't fun.

I had lots of errands scheduled for today, but I wouldn't be safe to anyone on the road or myself with this stuff in my system.

Trying to stay positive...sigh

Lita

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hello Ladies,

So nice for all of you to keep checking in. I'm doing about the same. Back and pelvis are still giving me a fit. I try to keep it under control with OxyContin and oxycodone. I'm thinking we might have to switch something. But now my energy is geared to DD2. She has had elevated liver enzymes since December. She was referred out to a gastroenterologist. He ran blood test on her last week and they indicated she has celiac disease and autoimmune hepatitis. She is having an endo on Friday. I'm very worried and upset. The last thing I need is for her to have something wrong. She has Down Syndrome and is the sweetest thing in the world. Please keep her in your prayers too. Remember to take time to enjoy the moment. Praying for each and everyone of you

• Lita57
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh, Kandy, you're definitely in my prayers along with your daughter. When we are stressed by other issues, it just makes the physical pain worse.

Just found out that my youngest brother was rushed to hospital last Wednesday with newly dx'd congestive heart failure. Not looking good as they still can't stabilize him.

Yep, more things to keep us awake at night, along with more oxy and stool softeners.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited April 2017
    Options

Lita - I am so impressed that you can keep your head straight with everything going on and navigate the various pain medicines. Please keep going. I am visualizing you in Hawaii in the fall, so you must get the pain figured out.

Kandy - Thinking of you. I hate that you are in pain, glad you are going full throttle with meds. It's just what you have to do.

>Z<

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh Kandy, besides dealing with your own pain you have another medical crisis on the horizon. It is one thing to have our own pain but to watch one of our own sweet children go through something is way worse. I hope it all goes well and you can rest easier after her tests. I'm praying for both of you to catch a big break.

Same to you Lita, I hope the combo of Tx gets you feeling better and you make that trip in the fall. You will last, there is still a lot in the arsenal. Keep the spirits up.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited April 2017
    Options

oh Kandy my dear. You are in my prayers right now !!! Not one of those I'll remember to pray at bed. No this calls for immediate prayers. Hope others will join along. When will you know more about dd2? And what all that means for her health and tx. I am pretty ignorant to many diseases outside breast cancer. Guess we are all like that. Learn by fire. And so who is taking care of you ? I know you are investing your time in dd2. Remember gotta give momma the oxygen first so she can put he mask on DD. Is what they always say on the airplane. Big hugs Kandy. Keep us informed please so we will know how specifically to pray for you.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,842
    edited April 2017
    Options

So sorry to hear about your sweet girl (Christa/Krista?). Whether our children are babies, teens or adults, we are always their moms, and we never want to see them hurt in any way. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, I am praying for you and your sweet daughter. Please let us know what your daughter's additional testing reveals. I pray that it is nothing serious and can be taken care of quickly. As Patty already said, you need to take care of yourself, too.

Hugs to you and your family,

Lynne

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh sweet Kandy and Lita. Saying big prayers for both of you and your dear families.

• Kandy
    edited April 2017
    Options

You know, sometimes you just have to laugh so you don't break down and cry. My life gets more interesting everyday. I had to go back to Charlotte today for recheck on my pelvis reconstruction. My hip has been hurting more and more. The trauma surgeon said that my joint space in my hip is now destroyed. He said it was only going to get worse cause I'm rubbing bone against bone. He is referring me back to the orthopedic oncologist to evaluate to do total hip replacement. I told him that I did not think I was in any physical shape to go through another surgery. He said that it needed to be evaluated cause it will get where I can't walk again. You know, I really feel like I deserve a break. It was bad enough that by the time I got over something, something else occurred. But now it's pouring. I have decided I can't even think about that yet. I have to get Krista through her stuff first. Sometimes I feel like I'm smothering. Still praying for all of you and I'm trying hard to enjoy the moment, so certainly y'all can

• yangtan
    yangtan Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2017
    Options

dear Kandy, one big hug coming your way. I feel for you

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    edited April 2017
    Options

oh goodness. baby that hip. i am going to politely disagree and gently suggest that you take care of yourself first. the worst thing that could happen to everyone around you is to lose you. and mobility is a key to staying well.

>Z<

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh geez Kandy, when it rains it pours. You deserve a break and more. Sending gentle hugs.

• Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, you can't catch a break! Hugs and prayers coming your way! Stay strong!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,078
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, wow, you are really going thru so much. I am keeping you lifted up in special prayer. Please take things one day and one step at a time. I know you are so concerned for your daughter, she is in my prayers as well. Many many hugs for you both.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, and your dear Krista, and Lita, and Patty: I'm keeping you all in my prayers these days.

As we enter into Holy Week, I will offer my music up as extra prayers for you.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi Kandy,

I'm sorry your daughter is having difficulties which is needing your full attention. Having gone through a total hip replacement last fall I can say it's not for the faint of heart. I was virtually out of commission for a good six weeks or so. With that in mind, I think you are right to help your daughter first. If possible however, don't wait too long. You are going to need a strong support system to get you through recovery and back on your feet.

Prayers for you both.

Amy

• Kandy
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks to all of you for chiming in. Kristas endo is Friday, so at least after that we can figure out what to do for her. Not sure yet when I will see the orthopedic, they said today that they would call to schedule. I am definitely going to go see what he thinks. I seen him before I had my pelvis surgery and he was assisting the trauma surgeon for my surgery so he is very aware of my case. I like him, he is a very smart man. But like I said, I really don't think I'm physically well enough to undergo that surgery right now. My cancer is still on the run and I really feel like we should have it more controlled before having that. Plus all my energy is wiped out from chemo. It is really bad timing, just not sure I can do that right now. I also need to talk to my MO about it and get his opinion. I sure can't afford for treatment to have any delay right now. I'm trying hard not to worry about all of this. I know worry won't change the outcome. Best wishes to all of you

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, I had a total hip replacement three years ago. It was rough, but do-able. I didn't have any of the concurrent issues you do, and had plenty of help from my partner and friends. That said, I will tell you that I am happy with the outcome.

Feeling for you and wishing you the best,

Tina

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited April 2017
    Options

kandy. Darn. When it rains it pours right. So sorry.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited April 2017
    Options

Kandy, I am so sorry to hear about your latest setback(?), development(?), nightmare?, turn of events(?). I can think of no suitable word to describe this. I must admit that I let out an audible gasp when I read your post. Life is just so unfair. It goes without saying that I will continue to pray for you and Krista as well as the rest of your family. I know everything must seem overwhelming to you right now. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I know that you have lots of us here pulling for you. We are there in spirit.

Hugs from, Lynne

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2017
    Options

Good Lord, how much can one person be expected to carry Kandy? I know you have to be so stressed right now. Just one day at a time, do the most pressing things that you can manage and forget the rest. I totally get Z's comment about taking care of yourself, against your natural instincts, because you will be better equipped to deal with all the other stuff. Saying big prayers for you tonight Kandy. I hope things settle down very soon. Hugs....

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited April 2017
    Options

what comes to mind is that song.."This is my fight song".

Kandy, you are my idol and chemocrush how you have taken everything thrown at you and kept on trucking

• Kandy
    edited April 2017
    Options

I started a new post about my SSDI, please help, I'm going crazy.

• Poetricia
    Poetricia Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Options

are you still with us???

• Kandy
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm still here, but now it seems they want to drop my SSDI. Driving me crazy.

• Poetricia
    Poetricia Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Options

Just diagnosed. No treatment yet. No pain since march 7 when I found the tumor, yesterday I have a slight sharp pain and my breast looks like it's sagging. The tumor is really big right In front , on left side with lymph node affected also. Stage 3.

I'm going for my second opinion appointments Monday and Wednesday. Just wanted to add irony;

I have a hair condition or rather a mental condition. My entire life , when I get upset or I feel like I hurt someone's feeling or someone is disappointed with me, I cut my hair which has never been longer than, say Ellen's. It like a teenager who cuts their arms. I cut my hair. For 25 years ive been wearing wigs bc I never had hair and my friend owns a wig store and only doesn't business with cancer patients answer hospitals. When I tell you I have had over 50-70 wigs, that's an understatement. I told me friend once,"I wish I could get a medical wig".

IRony?

P.S

I'm scared. I have not even chosen who I will decide to go with. My first or second and now I feel pain. I've always been skinny, but at 56 I was 125 lbs at best. Since this diagnosis I went from 112 to 105. I don't have an appetite. I'm so busy making graphs and oak tags size calendars. I have 4 grandchild who know nothing. Two grown daughters and a 77 year old mother who I live with now. ( I was living in Florida when I found the lump so I'm more or less without a car or a permanent residence. I am100% dependant and this sucks.

I feel like I'm giving up and I don't want to

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hello, Poetricia. Somehow your post ended up on the stage iv only forum, and I am going to suggest that if you re-post on one of the forums below, it will help you connect with others who are in a similar situation to you. Don't give up. Things will get better. You are at a very difficult time right now, with a diagnosis but no treatment plan yet.

Just Diagnosed

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/5

Stage III Breast Cancer

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/67