Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Medical marijuana

Options
2»

Comments

• August282014
    August282014 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Options

I had a lumpectomy in 2014 and did not have much pain afterwards. I’m having pain like muscle spasms, it’s so bad I can’t talk. My Dr. says it’s normal if it’s normal why did it just start this year? 4 years after my surgery

• jaybird627
    jaybird627 Member Posts: 1,227
    edited May 2018
    Options

I'm looking for info on medical marijuana or whatever for pain from neuropathy. Can anyone advise me or direct me to the place for more info? My onco has patients who use it so she's fine with me using it. Specifically for neuropathy. Thanks!

• lanne2389
    lanne2389 Member Posts: 220
    edited May 2018
    Options

Jaybird627 -did you ever get a reply to your post above? I’m also interested.

Lann

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited May 2018
    Options

Would it help with joint pain?

• bareclaws
    bareclaws Member Posts: 246
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yes. It helped me.

• ReadyAbout
    ReadyAbout Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2018
    Options

I am having significant nerve pain from bmx/snb/recon 4 weeks ago. My PS wouldn’t prescribe anything for nerve pain when I called last Friday so I’ve been taking half doses of leftover Percocet in the morning and then Advil/Tylenol the rest of the day. It’s more or less a miserable recovery because of this. I am going to see PS on Friday for my first fill and I will have to restrain myself from strangling him.My cousin lives in Colorado and is sending me some edibles to help with pain. I figure it can’t hurt to try. My cousin was diagnosed with testicular cancer about six weeks ago and medical marijuana has been very helpful as he goes through chemo.

• lanne2389
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi - I've been doing online reasearch about CBD oil and found these links helpful. FWIW. I've no affiliation with either.

https://purekana.com/blogs/news/cbd-faq-and-guide/

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-cbd-oils-pain-...

Lanne

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,999
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi All,

And here is an article you may find helpful: Medical Marajuana

Warmly,

The Mods

• viewfinder
    viewfinder Member Posts: 199
    edited July 2018
    Options

@The Mods,

The article on Medical Marijuana is very useful. I found this quite interesting:

"With a high-quality source for medical marijuana and knowing how it affects an individual, using medical marijuana can put more control back in the hands of my patient. If someone is feeling good, she may only need to take one or two drops per day. If she's not feeling good, she may need three or four drops per day. Many of the prescription drugs don't have this flexibility. Any time you can give control back to a person when their living with cancer, it's a good thing."

CNN's series by Dr. Sanjay Gupta "WEED" is an eye opener.

In state's like mine, marijuana remains illegal except for the narrowest of medical conditions. However, it's still illegal to buy it in the state. Go figure.

Yet my doctor prescribed strong oxycodone for pain after surgery. The doctor actually prescribed two pills at a time. A family member only gave me one and I got so sick from it. From that moment forward I just took 500mg Tylenol, which works well and is not an opioid narcotic.

We have an opioid crisis in our country. So it's okay to let doctors prescribe an opioid but not marijuana for medical purposes. As I said, Go Figure!

• lanne2389
    edited September 2018
    Options

hi, thought I'd check in with my recent second try with CBD oil. Bought a bottle from Charlotte's Web - the lowest dose they have. It's in coconut/olive oil and I put one dropperful under my tongue for a week. Didn't feel anything. Was off it for 3 days then tried two dropperfuls before bed and slept for 13 glorious hours. Very vivid dreams. No aches or pains while sleeping. Felt good when I got up for a PT appt (could have easily gone back to sleep).

Will try one dropper tonight and see what happens!

Lanne