Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

@emac877

In your pocket until you get those PEs drained and a couple of Enhertu doses in to start kicking ass. Please keep us posted.

@sunshine99

So glad you had a visit with your kids. The emotional connections are so important for our well being. Is the 21 week old the baby in creation, or a five month old who has already appeared? In either case, congratulations. You must be over the moon.

I also have a sister who wants not to do with me or our brother. She has been out of my life for several years and I feel enormous relief. Just because you share blood with someone, it doesn't make them family.

@threetree

I started Kisqali in August, 2022 and in October, 2022, my scans showed multiple bone mets - all sclerotic. In January, 2023, additional sclerotic bone mets were listed in the report. In July, 2023, additional sclerotic bone mets were listed in the report. I became very upset and at my MO appointment in July, 2023, I insisted that she review the images with me. EVERY SINGLE SCLEROTIC MET HAD BEEN THERE FROM MY FIRST SCANS!! The diagnostic radiologists had just been too lazy or too negligent to write an accurate report. My most recent scans in January were stable and she said she is very hopeful. Just wanted you to know that the scenario you're hoping for is possible. I wish you a long run on Verzenio .

Eleanora

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559

Oh, Elenora - That is so helpful and uplifting! I'm going to dig into this some more for sure. Both the radiologist and ER doctors' reports were especially brief and vague this evening. Maybe it's "Sunday in the ER" or something.

What a terrible thing for you to have to have gone through! I'm just so glad all turned out well for you. Here's to both of us getting many years on these drugs!

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hi sweet ladies here at Mel's. Tremendous storm came thru and we had to pull plants in and batten down the hatches. Fortunately it was a severe thunderstorm and the tornado warning did not materialize. We had hail about the size of peas. No damage to our area. VConcerns for damage to Jacksonville and southeast Georgia area. It' a bit cold outside now. I have a therapist appt, tomorrow. Frankly I don't know what I really need to share or need. I feel like I've finally reached a stable part of this disease.

@threetree I wanted to second the scans being reported differently by radiologists and Er Drs. It wasn't too long ago I went down the rabbit hole after my bone mets report sounded awful. Well the nurse practioner said the same thing, these mets have been there all along and hadn't been reported. So I've made peace with that. Chances are good the systemic treatment is holding you stable. Guess those RO's just gotta earn their keep.'

@sunshine99 Oh how sweet to have a baby on the way. I'm thrilled for you!

Waving hi to all the ladies here and hope you are healing and able to stay away from Er Rooms.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

This long hoped for baby girl is 21 weeks gestational age. She’s due in June. ❤️

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,462

We're sorry to hear that, @threetree. Sending lots of warm thoughts to you.💞
    The Mods

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

@sunshine99

Oh Carol, you must be floating on air in anticipation of her arrival! Is she your first? Will you be Grandma or Nanny or is there a special name you've always wanted to use?

I think I recall that you are a knitter. Have you had the energy to make something for her?

Thanks for sharing. I think your news has elevated the mood of this entire thread 😊

Eleanora

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Thinking of you three tree. Hugs my friend.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,387
    edited February 5

Threetree, I am sorry to hear about the new mets as well, in your pocket for what comes next.

SFcakes, not going to reach out immediately. They are both angry right now and it is a pointless bridge to die on. I am feeling nothing toward the situation as that is what my brain decided to do. Arguing is pointless, both sides believe they are right and arguing makes it stick around longer. If they as if I want to shop, I will go out and stop any conversation as I just want to move forward. I see logic on both sides, ultimately it was my decision. Still liking to pull myself to sitting in bed.

Ordered groceries from Walmart, basics no junk food. Lentils, black beans, croutons, eggs, chicken and beef pot pie, two cans of turkey and frozen pasta which I can combine with meals. Pricier due to delivery but don't care, easier to manage, if I forgot anything can get it myself. I avoided junk food as it adds nothing to a meal. Should be able to stretch ingredients a long time. The fees were over 20.00 but I boosted driver tip some as I think 4.00 is pretty pathetic and would not cover gas.

Have not started laundry. Did have to walk a heavy litter pkg across the floor, could not lift or use leg to move box so bent over, used arms and walked it to where it needed to go. Also garbage day, already got bags of garbage ready. Going to take out boxes as well in my recycle bin if energy allows. Other than that, no real plans.

I did hear from a couple of friends I worked an hung out with, one friend has had a rough time and wants to eat out sometime and possibly see the ghostbusters movie I am excited about. That would be nice. I think she needs someone to talk to about her troubles and I can listen and be there. Other than that, I hope people have a good day and in pockets for anyone who might need me.

Edited to add that the groceries arrived in under an hour and the driver brought them to just inside my door when I asked for help. Wish I got info on the driver, add another 5.00 to his tip.

• threetree

Irish - Really appreciate you relaying what happened with your scans. I'm really re-thinking this and wondering if there isn't a mistake there somewhere. Could be wishful thinking, but this isn't adding up. The report reads like a recitation of everything I had before that supposedly became stable and still was as late as early December. Going to wait for onc's input.

Wow, what a storm it sounds like you had! That's the kind that if it weren't for the danger could actually be great to expert.

Sunshine - There's just no joy in the world like a new baby. Congratulations to your whole family!

Mel - Hugs right back to you, with so much appreciation. I hope your own road is getting a bit smoother now. You've had far too much on your plate all at once.

Mara - Thanks so much for the pocket duty. I'll think of you being right in there in my pants pocket along with my good luck charms! Also I want to add just how well I think you are handling the issue with your brother. I've been following along, and I can really relate to these "delicate" family matters. I totally understand how upset this has made you and I also commend you for "sleeping on things" a bit, and giving second thoughts to various aspects of the situation. Grace under pressure, and I'm thinking and hoping it will all smooth out to something very respectful and workable for all.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Mara-In the US, Walmart grocery delivery is free is your order is over $35, which mine always is. Costco-the minimum is $75 but maybe that is for shelf stable food? When I had to use Instacart for Costco it was more expensive but as I said earlier, it still was good for me because I bought only what was on my list and not impulse buys. Good for you for staying away from junk food. I try to as well-I think that is another benefit about shopping online.

• mara51506

Chicagoan, at the Walmart.ca site, we pay for 2 hour delivery 12.97, what ever the service fee is for Walmart to pack it and the tip for UBER person dropping off. I don't mind the fees since the person brought it into my apartment and increased as I thought walmart stiffed them. I don't mind, just consider it as a convenience fee.

I am going to take one of the pasta primavera which is cooked, split in half and the other half will be put in frypan with an egg, chopped beans and croutons for something different. Probably add some ranch dressing while it simmers in frypan as well, think it will be really good. Keep other half of pasta in fridge.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning dear ones.

I know I’m going to miss someone as I scroll back through the recent posts…

Mel, I hope you are continuing to recover.

Emac, I’m glad you still have some options. Based on my recent rads to my esophagus, the thought of WBR scares me. Yay for no more shots in the butt, either. So far, my nurses have been really good about warming up the vials before they poke me.

Mara, I hoping for a better day for you.

Sf-cakes, my esophagus is starting to feel better. I still have to watch what I eat, but I’m able to get food and liquid down and have gained back about four pounds. The blender is still my friend… I’m glad you’re continuing to recover from spine surgery. It must be hard to be restricted in what you can do. I get the bored part.

Intolight, I’m so sorry you’re in such pain from your Faslodex shots. I agree that they must have hit a nerve.

Threetree, oh how I wish I had that magic want to wave for you. Enjoy your glass of wine. If I were there, I’d pour it for you and then probably join you. I haven’t had any wine since Christmas, either.

I’m waving hello to all that are in the living room this morning. I started a baby blanket last night. I haven’t felt motivated to do that since the beginning of January.

Not much else going on here. The rain hasn’t hit yet. I tested my fasting blood glucose this morning (it was 81) and sent the results to my MO. Labs tomorrow, then I see my MO and get my Faslodex shots on Wednesday. I started cycle 3 of Truqap today. Minimal SEs so far.

Love to all,

Carol

• threetree

Sunshine - I would have been delighted to have had that glass of wine with you!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

Hi to the Ladies in Mel's living room. It is hopeless to go back and catch up on the weeks and weeks that I have popped in for a quick read. I should just type up my updates and such in Word then paste into here.

Happy to read posts from those with good news and I want to say "well that sucks" to those without. I think of all you often.

Pocket duty for those who need it. Hugs to all of you.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

sunshine Congrats on a grandbaby on the way, definitely so exciting and an instant motivator! Great to hear happy news.

threetree I'm glad to hear your getting a little relief from responses here. I agree ER docs aren't the greatest source on oncology findings. Sending positive thoughts for MO visit and some positive insight on this. Glad you enjoyed your wine!

sfcakes Hope your feeling stronger each day.

Sunny cool day here got out for a nice mood booster walk and some errands. CT Thursday…fingers crossed for stable.

Hi to all here, always in my thoughts and prayers.

• threetree

Cookie - Thanks so much for more reassurance and good thoughts. I just finished reading the radiologist's report for about the fourth time. As far as I can tell he noted the usual stuff (old lesions, a kidney stone, etc.) and then added "stable" after his entries, all under the "impression" section of the report. Then, as the other radiologists all do, he noted specifics about different areas of the body that could be seen on the scan, and said things like "again noted" in reference to stuff that showed on previous scans and is now considered stable. I don't see where he has noted anything new or unstable. I think the ER doctor misread it, or I am just way out in left field, and I don't think I am. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I think I can get the general gist from those reports. I'm supposed to see my oncologist on Thursday for a standing appointment, and I will just have to see what he says. I even looked the radiologist up, thinking he might have been a resident working the Sunday shift (had that problem before) but he's 60 years old and very experienced. Again, I think it was the ER doctor, or I just can't let reality in right now.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@emac877 @sunshine99 @threetree @micmel @mara51506 @irishlove @sf-cakes @cookie54 @brutersmom @chicagoan @eleanora Good evening Dear Ladies of the Living room. I am finally catching up on reading here this evening. Lots of doing nothing but giving in to just feeling under the weather the last two weeks. Just very tired, but pushing myself to finish Miss Biggs, the sweet Bull mastiff who passed away in October. So I’ve been doing a painting of her for my dear Girlfriend who has grieved her loss since. I planned on having the painting done by Christmas, but you know how it is with off days of exhaustion and SE issues. So I’ve been putting all he finishing touches, still need decide on whether or not I want to resin or varnish her

. I’m wishing you all days without pain. Prayers for those of you dealing with new mets and bad scans I send positive vibes from my heart as well as an evening of peaceful rest with a good night’s sleep, and this week brings peace and joy even during the hard times.

Wednesday I will be meeting with the Pulmonologist recommended for me to see from my. Oncology Dr. and then Friday this week I will see him for my monthly follow-up labs and injections.

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

Miss Biggs

Miss

• threetree

Shanagirl - That's wonderful! It is so nice of you to do that painting for your friend, especially when you have not been feeling so great. I'm sure she will treasure it for the rest of her life.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,688

New mountain critter alert. This is a ringtail cat (in the raccoon family) and is very cute. DH released it on our property and we hope it sticks around.

• micmel

shana~ you’re very talented and i am sure that she will cherish that painting. So thoughtful of you to do this for her. It’s very beautiful.

Mae~ good critter report. He’s a little cutey. Good to hear from you. Hope you and DH and the. Pups are well !

hello to everyone. Thinking of you all. DH tested positive for Covid again. So this is really unsettling how sick we are. Everyday I wake up wanting to feel better. But this on top of the cancer is unbearable i am drained and all I’ve been doing is resting 😴…. It becomes a forced unrested thing to even sleep This has got to go. Like now

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

@shanagirl Wow that looks great, you're definitely talented ! What a wonderful gift to give your gf. Hope all goes well with appointments this week.

Mae That's an interesting lil guy that I have never seen before. Very cool!

Mel UGH!!!!! Soooo annoying on top of everything else. Waving a healing wand over you guys.

threetree Good attitude! Your not in left field at all.

• mara51506

Mel, I am sorry to hear about DH testing positive again, in your pockets sending healing thoughts and support to DH.

I am feeling pretty good today. I did bridge poses as usual but decided to bust out my Paul Eugene workout, I have done this standing, sitting and now in bed to get the day started. It is 10 mins long and a good pick me up as well. I also pulled myself to sitting twice to work the arms more, need to add some wall push ups too. Not much left except to strengthen ankles by shuffling feet side to side while hanging on to the counter, calf raises held for 10 secs and hamstring curls held for 10. For anyone who is dizzy, getting exercise from bed or a chair or bed is valuable and can keep you fit and more energetic and safe. I plan to do Leslie Sansone in future too but Paul Eugene has been a staple since before Mom died, more than 5 years.

Have to go out back of building, empty out garbage that some other idiot put into my garbage bin as the building says won't be collected from a bag anymore. It's nice out so at least weather is nice so there is that.

Food wise, I enjoyed my eggs, chopped black beans and pasta meal. Chopping up the beans with croutons to a beef texture. This was yesterday. Today, taking a meat pie, cooking it up first, split in half. Add some beans, chopped same way, unsure about an egg or just wanting to add beans to the meat pie. Like to split up the meals I bought the pasta primavera by Michelina's is quite good as well. So much fun eating.

Link to the Paul Eugene workout, again, can be done sitting, standing or in bed.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664

Always fun to see what shows up on the mountain, @illimae :) I bet your DH just loves living up there.

Had bum scans and another drug failure, but frankly I don't care because Afinitor/Aromasin was brutal and gave me a wicked case of lung inflammation so even if the scans had been good (and tumor markers were way down so I dont know what is going on, MO was expecting stable, and I wasn't in the mood to go into deep discussion yesterday), I was off the drug permanently. I move on to butt shots from Thursday just to spice things up a bit after 4+ years of pills.

Booking a short city break to Edinburgh for first week of March to see a concert, friends, and stay at a nice hotel with swimming pool and spa. We both need something to look forward to after a truly terrible January.

• mara51506

Sondra, I am sorry the other meds were so rough and having to be taken off. Hope butt shots go well and hoping you and DH enjoy time away from troubles as well. Enjoy your friends and concert. In your pocket.

Well, discovered better and quicker way to make food when pressed for time. Decided to try microwaving egg, leftover pasta and 1/4 beans chopped up with caesar croutons. Sprayed my plate with cooking spray, cracked an egg, put some pasta and the chopped bean mixture. Mixed them up and put a silicone lid over the top, put on high for 2 mins, lid would have created some good steam, the garlic caesar taste came out, added small amount of caesar dressing and mixed together. Happy to say, it was a really good meal. Will do similar things with lentils and eggs and whole thing is faster. Can do similar if I don't need crispy hashbrowns.

Also found a garbage can I can use to take out garbage, writing my name all over it and unit number and it will be cleaned and kept somewhere in here. Will arrive Friday. Will still be mindful of how heavy it is, but it should help me comply with building rules.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

Shanagirl, lovely picture. You did a great job and it is a real labor of love.

Sondraf, I did not do well on Afinitor/Aromasin either. It put me in the hospital for five days and took me two months to recover. I have been on Verzenio/Faslodex for over a year now with great results. Hoping you can find a combo that works well for you.

Mara, your meals are always so creative. I cook for four every night (three adults and one child) and they wouldn't approve of your mixes, but someday I am going to slip on in on them just to see what happens!

Mel, how are you feeling? I will be praying you and your DH get over this awful Covid. Enough already!

Carol, love the news of the new grandbaby coming. Grandchildren are the best. She has come to bring you joy at a good time for you.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Sondra-Could they add Verzenio to the Faslodex for you? Hope February turns out to be a lot better than your terrible January. Going to Edinburgh sounds fun.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664

@chicagoan yeah I need to ask about that - its NOT PROTOCOL here though (only one CDK 4/6 per person), so Im not sure it would be approved by either NHS or my insurance. Although I got a nice note from my insurance guy Rob yesterday (hes so nice!) that they will only fund 3 months of faslodex until onc can get it run through NHS, as insurance only fully fund it with chemotherapy. Im hoping he means chemotherapy includes a CDK 4/6 :P Im nervous being on this as monotherapy, but A/A absolutely trashed me so perhaps adding on something like Verzenio right away may not be the best idea until the lung inflammation settles, this hip gets moving better, and that devil Everolimus is washed out. We are also waiting on UK regulatory approval for Truqap, expected late Spring, MO is very very bullish on that for when/ if I finally mutate to something useful.

• mara51506
    edited February 7

Shanagirl, believe it or not, veggies are not my favourite thing, hate the texture of beans out of the can which is why I chop them. Easy to sneak veggies into dishes that include ground meat or ground vegan, season and kid or who ever does not like it will not even detect it. I use croutons to give the beans a ground beef type texture as well. I do not have a large freezer so frozen veggies are a no go but canned veggies fill the bill. Planning to make beans, cheese and an egg. Will chop beans and cheese with croutons or chips first and add an egg to the plate, I am liking the microwaving with a lid as it does cook the egg quite well. Later, I will precook a little meat pie and probably try splitting over several meals, I just like the variety. Like what the seasoning does for it. Using croutons to change the bean texture is really cool. I also use my magic bullet to make beans spreadable. Nothing like an english muffin, spread garlic on it, put some bean spread and shredded cheese and melt the cheese, really good. I do enjoy stretching food I enjoy to get more pleasure out of it. Will do the same with my battered fish, so delicious. I also need to find something to do with pancake mix. I am thinking that I could pre cook some pancake mix, and add some beans and shred cheese on top and melt that in the breville. Would have to be careful not to really burn the pancake mix. I don't really like sweet pancakes with syrup coating the top, too sweet for me.

Decided to cook up some wash soda, was not in the mood to bake for an hour on 400 in the breville so I cooked in microwave for two minutes and a few more minutes in the fry pan, once done, will mix borax, oxiclean and detergent to clean clothes, save money but it will be just as clean as well and if really bad stain, have a sunlight detergent bar that soaks in water, use it when stains are crazy. Other than that, nothing much going on today which is fine, don't always need to be busy. Tomorrow, I will be getting my garbage can, the one I plan to leave in my house somewhere as neighbours or workers like to steal stuff and use on garbage day.

Hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for everyone else who needs me.

• micmel

In pockets as well.

hello Mara! Hugs to you my friend

hello Sondra always good to see you. Goldens also. I’m tying to get better from this Covid. What a drag this has been. I have been to sick to take any medication so I’m hoping to get that back on track. What a week. Ugh!