Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Hi all the lovely ladies here on Mel's porch. Oh gosh the pictures are beautiful @mkestrel The kids are leaving here next week for 3 day camping trip. It sure will be quiet without the 10 yr. old. Might find milk and ice cream still left over after a day. lol. Some idiots were shooting guns in the ai r and a bullet struck DS and his wife's car. They were 6 feet away with Goose. Filed a police and insurance report but it's probably a waste of time. Hasn't the word gotten out that what goes up must come down?

Had Xgeva shot Monday and Fluvestrant shots Friday. I spent today in bed. Not sleepy, just weary. It was 98 here today. I wait for the sun to go down and then head outside to water potted plants and fresh water for critters.

In pockets for scans and life in general and doing a rain dance as we need it desperately and to hopefully cool the day down.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

I love those pictures! Sounds like a very nice time. I’m so happy you’re able to spend time like that. Sounds like nature could be what the doctor ordered. I haven’t been camping in over 15 years. Hope you’ll forever remember your memories!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710

Beautiful nature photos, mkestrel!

Happy anniversary Irishlove! 46 for us next month. Where does the time go?

Sondra - man, what a cluster f—k for you. I can feel your frustration.

Our DD & SIL are visiting from Philly. Staying a week. Have had a wonderful time so far. Family is all I need.

Saw my pain management PA back in May for my horrible osteoarthritis. Started me on gabapentin. My only side effect is horrible dry mouth. She is slowly increasing my dose so will see what happens. Also am trying acupuncture which is covered by Medicare for back pain. First session I could feel a difference. 2nd and 3rd not so much😕. I can go for up to 12 visits. Will see what happens.

Hope everyone has wonderful Sunday and for those struggling, a more peaceful, comfortable day. Hugs to all🤗🤗🤗🤗

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,387
    edited July 7

Goldens, enjoy your visit. In you pocket for the meds and acupuncture relieving the pain as well.

Irish, sorry the heat his such a bother, I cannot handle heat myself at far less than 98 degrees. After Thursday's walk at the mall, I felt pretty good. Next time I book a ride to the hospital, I may walk around the halls or even walk around after my usual MRI which is coming up soon before I call for the walk home.

Getting boxes ready along with garbage. I have not put out garbage for 4 weeks, I will soon run out of space to keep it. Also getting rid of hot dogs that were in the fridge, still got some frozen ones and may try those out with other meats, pot pies or whatever. Do not appreciate the taste any more. If I need meat, will take it from a meat pie type meal or stick to beans and lentils. Today, going to chop up cereal and beans, add some lentils as well. Later have some fish and rice. Waiting for more Amazon, got my new Vileda mop with a hopefully working spray. It took a while to get the new mop together, after much frustration, seems to be attached as it should be. Still keeping old mop as well, not sure why, may just use it as a duster. I have hangers over the bathroom door anyway.

Did a Walmart shop, lots of pasta, more hotdogs that are fresh, silly that I would assume I could not season hotdogs or incorporate into a meal. Plenty of Reese cups and a couple of chicken nutribowls as well, sounded good to me. No beans, milk or eggs since milk was purchased on Thursday. Going to have cereal for breakfast today while waiting for the grocery order which is almost free thanks to my budget boosting activities.

Edited, managed to take out two bags of garbage but almost fell on the first one. Was sort of tossing it up on the sidewalk and just about lost my balance. Second one, took a cane out with me, first carried in the garbage bag hand until I got down the stairs then put the cane in the other hand, tossed it up the curb and did not lose balance. I have another bag that could go but no energy to take it so will leave it in the bedroom container, no food or stinky stuff so not a problem to do that and think I will make lighter bags for myself.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday and in pockets for anyone who needs me.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559

Mkestrel - Thanks so much for posting the additional photos. They are wonderful. You are so lucky!

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 137

@mkestrel Thank you so much for the camping photos. I'm a backpacker and love the remote lands. I'm not sure I have enough strength these days to carry 40 pounds anywhere, but these are the kinds of places I love, the banks of the flowing waters, the trees that will outlive us as we outlive the summer flowers. Here on the island, the rain is coming and going.

• mara51506

I sometimes shop with db and SIL for clothes when we are out mall walking but most clothes are from Amazon believe it or not. I have purchased some cute tops and capris. I am not big instore shopper myself but not missing out on it.

Doing some laundry with new mesh bags so I can wash clothes and delicates at a lower temp with less damage. Got my budget boosting going on

Not sure what I am having for breakfast as of yet. Thinking of using an english muffin, just regular butter, lentils that are crushed into a paste so they can be spread, toasting it and then letting it all cool off. Mix peanut butter and a bit of reese dry cookie mix with it, spread on the muffin and eat that since the lentils will just blend into the taste of the butter and peanut butter might have eggs and noodles later on. I will see what I want to have.

Hoping everyone has a good day and in pockets for those who need me. Keep spamming with Nature or Theo pictures since we all love them.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599

Intolight, I used to love clothes shopping as well. Now I look at myself in the multi-mirrors (ugh) and see my sunken in left chest (I opted to not do reconstruction), massive scar on my back from spine surgery, thin gray hair... it's no longer enjoyable. I've always loved blazers, and I found one on-line from a brand I like, that's fitted in the shoulders but loose and comfy everywhere else. It's now my go-to to wear with jeans, pants, a dress (and finding dresses that aren't low cut/show cleavage, which I don't have, is hilarious).

I've been having more GI problems lately, particularly with digesting protein and dairy. I want to try a probiotic supplement to see if that helps - I think others might be taking one? If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know, and thank you!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

Fatigue was my first and only symptom too. We just bought new bikes so we could ride the boardwalk by the beach. The first long trip out I got so dizzy I had to pull over and my DD ran inside to buy me some water. I barely made it back. After that, walking up the hill to my office at work would tire me out so badly I had to stop along the way. Yeah, the killer was sneaking up on me fast!

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559

My first symptom was fatigue also. I was diagnosed in 2018, but around 2016 I started feeling exhausted when I'd get out of the shower, and was also getting some odd rashes on my arms, and then some weird feelings running down my legs from time to time (likely part of the exhaustion). I only connected that to the cancer after getting diagnosed those couple of years later. Until then, I had chalked it up to aging. Oh Mel, age 43! Just not fair! I was 65 when diagnosed.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,317

Ladies I take "Culturelle" probiotics, with 200 mg prebiotic inulin all in one. The directions suggest taking one daily for regular use and one daily during antibiotics use. I have been doing that for awhile and it helps. My DH suggested I take one in the morning and one in the evening since I have been struggling lately. The directions say that is the norm when travelling so I may try it.

• mara51506

Mel, I will only speak for myself. My body is quite exhausted, mind is as well. Main thing I tell myself when my brain says it is tired is not tired, just waiting for the day to be done. I feel exhausted doing the smallest thing and yet if I do not do it, who will? I am sure SIL would help out but that is not her job, she looks after her own house and dog. I do small things at a time, eventually they are complete, even if I take several breaks in between. My DB often thinks I sound short of breath, and I say I can breathe but that it is more effort while walking.

• mara51506

Using a wand washer to complete some laundry, portable one is dying. Just purchased a smaller model to use with the wand wash, will still spin as the spinner works just fine. Smaller one was only 109.00 and used before but I killed the last one having on the tub floor, there is a wee stool it will sit on this time so water avoids the motor. Will pay by not purchasing any skip the dishes.

Planning fish and lentils today, they are appealing to me for breakfast. Later will do something with the hotdogs in the fridge, read that if stored in fridge the are good for two weeks if unopened. Planning to do a floor mop with the new mop after a floor vacuum with the robot vacuum, running TV to get paid for TV ads.

The split AC even running at 75F or near 24C is really good at maintaining a comfortable temperature. Running bedroom AC at the same temp and using one fan to blow it in this way. They are both on eco so shutting off when temperature is reached which is good.

In pockets for everyone as needed and hoping everyone has a good day.

• mara51506

Goldens, I wish you a Happy Birthday. I am sorry you feel 90 but still want to observe your birthday.

My breakfast turned into frozen alfredo and chicken cooked with 2 eggs on top, going to season with sour cream and onion seasoning and bind with sour cream. Later going to try peanut butter lentils and a couple of hotdogs rolled in the last tortillas, saw online they taste pretty good. I will try it.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Happy birthday, goldens! I hope it's a nice quiet, restful day.

Funny about the fatigue. My DH also noticed it and my DS commented that she could tell before my most recent progression that something was different.

Quiet day planned. Ordered some food (staples) from Amazon so I need to put that stuff away. I like the mini-saltines and get them in a pack of six. They're nice for my you-never-know-how-this-is-going-to-go-down stomach. I also ordered some precooked organic Jasmine rice. 60 seconds in the microwave and it's ready to eat.

My mouth has that mild feeling it gets when I eat too much fresh pineapple. I think it's the new med, Afinitor, but the dexamethasone mouthwash seems to help.

Carol

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,688

Happy birthday Goldens 🎉