Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Grade 3 long term survivors

Options

Comments

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    edited August 2018
    Options

diagnosed March 2004. Still alive too... and kicking some days. LOL

wallan

• manc
    manc Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2018
    Options

bump thankyou

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2018
    Options

Great thread!

If people wouldn't mind sharing what treatments they have/or are undergone/undergoing if it isn't listed in your about me section, would love to know!

I work in healthcare and encounter Stage 3 folks as patients and would love to continue to offer some encouragement in the light of the realm of possibilities during the scary time of initial diagnosis.

Thank you!

• manc
    edited September 2018
    Options

hi LovefromPhilly thanks for your answer. I was diagnosed November 2016 Grade 3 stage 2b

I had mastectomy lymph clearance FEC chemo radiotherapy and then ovary removal I also take anastrozole and have six monthly bisposphonate infusion .

• anx789
    anx789 Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2018
    Options

I was recently diagnosed with BC, 2cm Grade 3. Er/Pr+, Hers2-. Is chemo treatment based on grade or stage?

• SuefromSydney
    SuefromSydney Member Posts: 111
    edited October 2018
    Options

HI Anxiouslady! You will have so many questions! Write them down so you don't forget to ask when you see your doctors. I understand chemo is based on the characteristics of your cancer cells, and that is identified in the pathology. If chemo is suggested for you, then the chemo drugs used are those that will best attack what you have.

All the best with the journey. You're not alone even though you will have lonely moments.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited October 2018
    Options

Nine years plus here! Something to remember about grade 3 is that chemo works very well on grade 3.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    edited October 2018
    Options

i was dx stage 3a er+pr+her- , 2 positve nodes and grade 3 - 14 1/2 years ago. Still NED.

I had AC-T chemo, 33 rads, mastectomy, axillary dissection, hormone therapy for 5 years, tamoxifen, oophorectomy/hysterectomy, aromasin .

wallan

• missouricatlady
    missouricatlady Member Posts: 894
    edited October 2018
    Options

I am a newbie grade 3, but seeing everyone else post their response is a tremendous hope for me. I will find out Wednesday where my road goes. Thank you for posting everyone!

• manc
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi everyone just bumping the thread and adding as the original poster I've just made it to two years and so far so good. Thank you to all your contributions let's hope we can all keep adding .

• Shoregirl
    Shoregirl Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2018
    Options

Grade 3 widespread multifocal DCIS, triple neg. Surgery only, 2 yrs out. I agree these posts are encouraging. Anyone else triple neg?

• Asaka
    Asaka Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2018
    Options

bump

• vixkix69
    vixkix69 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Options

I am grade 3, also. Not staged yet, but terrified. Glad to see some positive outcomes.

• VioletKali
    VioletKali Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2019
    Options

IDC stage 1 1.7cm tumor. Grade 3, hormone positive AND her2+

I quit chemo halfway through, only had 6 months of hercepti, and ZERO hormonal therapy due to not tolerating well/quality of life. DX 3 weeks prior to my 32nd birthday, almost a 5 year survivor.

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited January 2019
    Options

Two friends both grade 3, the first one 10+ years and the second 12+ years. One is an RN and the other has never worked outside the home. Both continue to do fantastic.

• nowheregirl
    nowheregirl Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2019
    Options

I was grade 1 with 2 positive nodes back in 2005 but one of my dearest friends I met here on BCO was stage IIIC grade 3 ER-/PR-, HER2+ IDC with 15 positive nodes. We are still in touch on FB and she's just celebrated her 14-year mark this past December. She's just fine without recurrence, enjoying her family and life doing lots of holidays including overseas.

• manc
    edited January 2019
    Options

Thankyou for all these posts so inspiring let's keep it going .!

• KimE
    KimE Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'm so happy to have found this topic!!! It give's me hope for the long run!!! Smile

• suemed8749
    suemed8749 Member Posts: 210
    edited January 2019
    Options

Diagnosed in January of 2008. At the time, I almost threw up when I googled the prognosis for grade 3 breast cancer - plus hormone negative and HER2+. And here I am 11 years later, doing great!

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited January 2019
    Options

Grade 3 and I am 9-1/2 years out! Just to remember, chemo works really well on grade 3, more so than grade 1 and 2.

• diana1234
    diana1234 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi,I am Diana ,i was diagnosed on 11 .05.2018 and operated in Vienna(Austria) on May 16 2018.My pathologic diagnosis was IDC,pT2,N1,V0,L1,R0,grade 3,Er >80,Pr 45,Her 2-neg,Ki67-35%.My node was 22 mm(right breast),and an axillary node had a 3 mm micromet.I want to ask you at what intervals are my checks and which are theese?In my case I can do Oncotype test?

Thank you and have a nice day

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2019
    Options

Diana - have you had chemo already? The Oncotype is done to determine if chemo is required/carries significant benefit. It can be done on node positive clients. You can read about the studies showing the test's benefit on this page https://www.oncotypeiq.com/en-CA/breast-cancer/hea...

As far as how frequently you should be seen/screened and the types of screening, ASCO has published survivorship guidelines http://ascopubs.org/doi/pdf/10.1200/JCO.2015.64.38...

(click full text or pdf to get the whole thing). This + your physician's input should guide your team in setting up care for after treatment is over

• anx789
    anx789 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2019
    Options

Good morning, my doctor is recommending TCx6 for me, i am wondering is anybody here did TCx6? I want to know if this is the standard recommendation for grade 3 tumor. Any heads up on side effects on #5 and #6.

• iamloved
    iamloved Member Posts: 197
    edited January 2019
    Options

These stories offer so much hope to those of us with grade 3. I hope to read more! Congratulations to all of you survivors!

• hikinglady
    hikinglady Member Posts: 625
    edited January 2019
    Options

Anxiouslady I had TCx4, so I can't describe for you what 6 would be like to go through. My MO follows all NCCN guidelines for treatment decisions; that's the gold standard. Ask your MO to explain the reasons you fall into the category of TCx6, and how much 6 infusions will benefit you additionally over 4.

Every TX is well informed by benefit/risk and outcome statistics by now, and that's what the NCCN guidelines do. Evidence-based; not just guessing. Vastly different from 20+ years ago in this regard.

One thing I can say about chemo is that I became skilled at managing the side effects. There were solutions along the way to the huge discomforts and inconveniences---OTC meds, Rx meds, planning my days around resting, and around the times I could be functional, etc. One day and one side effect at a time. There were plenty of functional times, and I could do normal life throughout, just a bit more slowly. And, I did Cold Capping, with great success.

Warm wishes to you on this journey.

• bcky
    bcky Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2019
    Options

I am four years and almost 2 months NED. I had 1 micromet. I opted not to do chemo.

• Sophiemara
    Sophiemara Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2019
    Options

I did dense dose so 4 x T and 4 x AC every two weeks for 4 months. My onco recommended dense dose, because it gives cancer cells less timeto recover. I'm glad I did it. I also saw a naturopath so I could boost my immune system as the same time. Exercise and going for daily walks helped a lot.Have something to look forward to at the end, to help get you through it. I went skiing in Japan!

It wasn't as bad as I thought, I still worked part time. Tiredness definitely kicks in towards the latter part, but it's ok you will get through it.

• TessaW
    TessaW Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi. I was dx sept 2013 Grade 3. Because of the agressiveness I had to have a radical bilateral mastectomy ASAP. The soonest they could get me in with two surgeons was January 2014. I had reconstruction March of 2014 with tissue expanders. After that reconstruction.

May of 2018 somehow it came back even though I no longer had breasts. Three cancerous tumors had grown in the scar tissue. So then I had surgery again to remove those right away.

Then I had another scan of a cluster of nodules and lymph nodes in my lungs they were looking at and watching for growth. They were growing at a ridiculous rate. 50% in a month.

So yet another surgery. I was told it could be either a metastasis or a separate lung cancer even though I've never smoked.

Thank Jesus it was benign.

It's been 5 years. Right now I do two infusions a month of zoladex and take letrozole. I put on 30 to 40 lb and I'm exhausted but I'm still here.

• manc
    edited January 2019
    Options

Thank you for your post TessaW it's lovely to hear you're doing so well despite the difficulties .

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2019
    Options

hello sweetie for me idc stage 2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after Lmast. Cytoxin adriamycin 5fu. Got married 2nd one for both then 7wks rads and then 5yrs on Tamoxifen. Don't remember the grade now but this yr Praise God will be 25yrs for me. Hope this gives you Plenty of Hope and Inspiration.msphil