Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Grade 3 long term survivors

Options

Comments

• manc
    manc Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2019
    Options

Bump

• Rissy973
    Rissy973 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019
    Options

Happy to read the survivor posts. Recently diagnosed stage 1 grade 3 estrogen positive. Lumpectomy scheduled for next Friday.

• cajunqueen15
    cajunqueen15 Member Posts: 689
    edited March 2019
    Options

Ms. Phil, wow!!! 25 years!

• diana1234
    diana1234 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hello!What is the difference between Taxotere and Taxol?

• hikinglady
    hikinglady Member Posts: 625
    edited March 2019
    Options

My oncologist said that Taxotere and Taxol are both taxanes. Taxol has been around a long time. Taxotere is a newer chemotherapy agent. Taxotere is 'first line' for the treatment plan and diagnosis I had. For most people, it's tolerated better, but has similar treatment outcomes. However, when I developed an allergic reaction to Taxotere, I was given Taxol for my final infusion. They're closely related and have similar 'efficacy' for treatment, says my MO. Alas, I had the same (severe hives) reaction to the close cousin, and had to be on a high dose of steroids for a week after my final two infusions as a result.

Taxane was discovered in the Pacific Northwest, and the original chemical was an extract from our native Yew (a conifer) tree, which grows near Portland and in the Columbia Gorge. I've seen the shrubby tree all my life, and now that's one of the things that hopefully will cure my cancer! In fact, it's now a synthesized medication, perhaps an isomer, not usually from the yew tree any more.

At two months PFC, I developed hand neuropathy: tingling and numbness and the sensation of my hands being asleep. Some in my feet, as well. It's a well-known post-taxane side effect. I'm now on the list of neuro-helping supplements that my MO's office recommends, and we'll see if they help.

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited March 2019
    Options

Another Grade 3 survivor! I went through 16 rounds neoadjuvant chemo and 5 months adjuvant oral chemo. 2.5 years out and hopefully many more are coming!

• diana1234
    diana1234 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thank you!

• hikinglady
    edited March 2019
    Options

YES, thank you so much for posting these great stories about long-term survival.

• kimg
    kimg Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2019
    Options

I'm not a long term survivor, but currently in treatment and I love this post. My stats are in my signature. I'm grade 3 and about to start chemo.

• manc
    manc Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2019
    Options

Thankyou for all these replys just giving this a bump !

• Fairydragonfly
    Fairydragonfly Member Posts: 132
    edited May 2019
    Options

Thank you for this post! I found out on Friday that mine is grade 3 and have been treading in the pits of despair. This thread is giving me hope again. ❤️

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,968
    edited May 2019
    Options

If you are doing chemo, then being grade 3 is actually a plus. Chemo is best at catching fast growing cells, and that is what they are.

• Fairydragonfly
    Fairydragonfly Member Posts: 132
    edited May 2019
    Options

I will know more Tuesday when I meet the oncologist, but the possibility of chemo has increased. The lumpectomy and SLNB was successful. Good margins no cancer in lymph nodes.

• Sassa
    Sassa Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2019
    Options

Stage 1, Grade three tumor at diagnosis in 2006.

Alive and kicking.

• Arleneno1
    Arleneno1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Options

hello every please help me I am having pain when I get up and I have headaches also I had a mastectomy on the right side amnd radiation chemo in 2017 now im on tamoxifene I am stage3a and pt3 m/2 n1a cmo what is this pain from her2 positive invasive

• hikinglady
    edited June 2019
    Options

Arleneno1 Please be seen right away by your MO or your PCP. If you can't get in to see your regular doctor or your oncologist super soon, go to Urgent Care. Unexplained pain and headache that doesn't go away needs attention. Please do keep us posted; we all care very much.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited June 2019
    Options

I agree with Hiking Lady see your doctor ASAP or go to the ER. Keep us posted.

Diane

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

Thank you, Dato. You have made my day :)

• clars
    clars Member Posts: 40
    Options

Thank you dato, so much. I am in floods of tears after seeing my oncologist, I’m convinced this is going to get me… you give me hope.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,990
    Options

@dato, you are amazing! Thank you for the update and for your inspiring words. Wishing you many, many more healthy years!

Sincerely,

The Mods

• bluebird555
    bluebird555 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I am 1 node positive (4mm deposit) of 5 nodes removed, stage 2, grade 3, modestly hormone positive (ER + 80%, PR - or 10%), her2 -…lumpectomy 8 mm with LVI clean margins…just finished 8 dose dense AC-T chemo and 15 rads - did pretty well through it with fasting…on HT (Anastrozole) and will likely start Abemaciclib shortly as well as injections of Zoledronic acid…this thread is very much appreciated- thank you. We are working with the oncologist as well as a naturopath - started Vitamin C IV infusions and supplements to boost the immune system…We had an RGCC report completed from Greece (I am at 2.2 CTC which is okay from what i read) and we are considering SOT treatment if we can access it and if it is approved by FDA or HC. My immune system is still quite low near 1 month post radiation (WBC 2.5)…any advice to get an edge on this is appreciated

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

I was grade 3 and I am 14 years out.

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 50
    Options

I was triple negative grade 3. Diagnosed 8/29/2016. Still here after seven years.

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

I was triple positive Grade 3, diagnosed in June 2014. I am nine years out.

• purpletiger
    purpletiger Member Posts: 12
    Options

Thank you for this thread and I hope more and more ladies will post their survival stories. I know in my head my diagnosis but then I get the pathologist report and see in black and white - Stage 3, Grade 3 - - freak out - run to this forum. haha. Reading everything here is helpful to put things back in perspective and calm me down.

Getting MRI and Pet Scan in a few days and waiting on more HER2 analysis, so hoping to have a treatment plan soon.

• ruthbru
    Options

Hang in there, purpletiger. Things will get easier once you have a treatment plan in place!

• mpetago
    mpetago Member Posts: 54
    Options

Next month will be 20 years NED for me since diagnosis, grade 3, stage IIIA, estimated 9+cm tumor after lumpectomy with dirty margins followed a few weeks later by mastectomy! I had 1 / 11 nodes positive. I couldn't have imagined at 35 years old with an 8-year-old son that I would be back here to post as a 55 year old with a 28-year-old son, but here I am!

• ruthbru
    Options

And my son, who was in high school when I was diagnosed, just got married this fall. I was a very, very happy and grateful mother-of-the-groom!!!!