Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Abemaciclib Verzenio for Stage IV

Options
1888990919294»

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,154
    Options

Dulcea, I do take Verzenio breaks when I am ill. Recently I cut down to one-a-day when taking a week-long road trip. I found it helped. I have been stable for eight months now even with short breaks. I don't find my SEs are too bad when restarting.

My scalp does hurt all the time. I recently I had a haircut because my hair is like straw and was very unmanageable. I usually wear it in a bob. The girl cut it way too short and I was a little upset, but it seems to be coming back okay. It is not even an inch long in the back. grr… I am hoping that the too short cut will actually help…we shall see! Gotta make lemonade!

• dulcea
    dulcea Member Posts: 105
    Options

@intolight thanks for sharing your experiences with taking breaks from Verzenio. I'm glad to have this opportunity to experiment with it. I'm sorry about your hair. Why does it have to effect our hair?? It's just not fair.

Are you like me having gone out and bought all kinds of hair products that say "volume" or "hair health"? My dermatologist specializes in thinning/balding hair and she thinks that minoxidil would work but she also doesn't think I would become completely bald. I beg to differ on that one based on the hair in the shower. It didn't even slow down when I took my vacation from the pills. Maybe the hair loss is from the Faslodex.

• dulcea
    Options

@intolight it's hard giving up that stuff, isn't it? I also pretty much stopped drinking a month or so after being diagnosed. Mainly because I was always nauseous but with the liver mets, it's probably not a good idea to drink every day like I was doing.

• intolight
    Options

@dulcea Yes, and I miss soft hair. Mine is dry and brittle. I told the stylist I wanted short in back and long on top—what they call a pixiebob. I got extremely short all over except for length at the bangs. It may be modern, but not what I told her I wanted. I have slowly shortened the bangs to catch up—I used to have a cosmotology license so I am not afraid of doing it myself, but I can no longer reach the back. Eventually it will be better, but as you know our hair now grows slowly if at all. Even this short I still lose a bunch every time I comb it. Stylists should know you don't go that short as it shows how thin it is…arghh! I don't drink so that was never a sacrifice, but I did want a shot of whiskey or something after that appointment!

• dulcea
    Options

@intolight sorry, I mixed you up with going2beatthis about drinking.

Yes! Soft hair! And I agree that short and layering (that's what my stylist does to me) is not good for us. Have you considered a wig topper or even a wig?

• intolight
    Options

@dulcea I have both…a wig topper and a wig, but I don't want to use them if I don't have to. If I need to dress up I may, but I have nothing like that in my future. And it is getting to be summer so I don't want extra heat.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,745
    edited April 26
    Options

I wonder if anybody here takes Celebrex and Verzenio together? I was on both, along with two endocrine therapy drugs (Faslodex and Enobosarm; i know, its A LOT of drugs), when my hair started falling out like crazy and my liver enzymes went up. I decided to drop the Verzenio and upped the Celebrex to twice a day, and now bloodwork shows liver enzymes dropping and TMs dropped 16 points. So now I wonder if it is toxic to take Celebrex or Verzenio together? I take the Celebrex for PI3KCA mutation, so did not want to drop that one, dropped the Verzenio instead.