Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting April 2018

Comments

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

Lots to catch up on here. I'm loving the makeup discussions. Something fun and not bodily function related Yay!

This round has been rough again but I'm blaming it on the addition of the Xarelto. I think it's muscle pain side effects just added to my normal nuelasta bone pain and gave me a couple really rough nights. Tummy issues are the same but in control. Engine - yes the anti-emetics slow down your system and can increase constipation.

Dee- I totally understand the desire to get your port out. Last go around I kept mine for 6 months following treatment and yes the monthly flushes were a pain. Since my blood clot was probably a result of the port I'm wondering if they will consider removing it earlier this time. I guess it depends on how my veins hold up.

Deborah- sorry to hear about your bad week. But glad to hear radiation will finish by Labor Day. As treatment finishes lots of fears start to rise up. Totally normal. Scanxiety is overwhelming sometimes.

• Engine104
    Engine104 Member Posts: 241

Hi Astyanax66,

That could be it. Right. The Onco also said it could be the Zofran, which my wife got her chemo session. She hasn't needed it the rest of the time. He also suggested starting Miralax the day after chemo. I think some of you mentioned you start it the day of?

• Djt
    Djt Member Posts: 176

Now that I'm a week past my last chemo, I'm wondering if others have had the basic repeated SE each time, or a smorgasbord of variety?

The 1 thing that messed me up for all sessions was thrush. Each time within 3 days I got it. It would be simple enough to have just the nasty mouth, but it always dripped into throat, then caused gastritis, then diahrrea. Taking the 2 different forms of nystatin works after a week but one of nystatin's SE is also diahrrea.

I can't wait to have some kind of normal taste buds again, and live more than 5 feet from the toilet!

Hoping this group is having something nice to do on the 4th, and can enjoy the DAY

Deborah

• life1963
    life1963 Member Posts: 364

Hey Everyone! Man Oh Man! This last DD taxel is kicking my butt! I am so exhausted, yet dont sleep at night, that riding my stationary bike 10 mins about knocked me out. My body pain is lingering. Between Taxel and Neulesta. Took a hydrocodone and still squirming around half the night with leg pain. Bloody dry nose everytime I blow, finger nails are almost lifted down to the middle of my finger nail. Dizziness, Did I mention exhaustion?!! Good Gravy! Why does that last one have to be so......

Ok. Enough whining.

InnaB2018 That is pretty impressive walking that many miles! I had to stop walking do to Hand/Foot syndrome. That started with A/C. I iced my last two Taxels that helped out some. That would suck having to get a port for 4 treatments! Hoping your veins hold up for ya!

Yes. Denver was s scorcher! That is where I go to get my treatments. Thank goodness my little Kia has air conditioning!

Frog! I am so happy for you that it was benign! I would have been a mess too!

Undrago71 I will be right there with ya! "Butt Bald!" I have not wore any makeup for awhile now. My skin in dry and tingly wear my face gets all weird when I have Taxel treatments. I figure why irritate it more. I had to stop wearing jewelry as well. Necklace would irritate my port and my finger are so not working right wear I could not even try and get earrings on. My eyelashes and eye brows are slowing but surely going going gone. I Have Heard On future boards that I have peaked in on that it all goes back fairly quickly on your face once it falls out. As long as it doesn't grow out all over my face! LOL

Astyanax66 My RO has already scheaduled an opt to have port removed in 2 weeks. I was so glad to get that call. Although I am glad I had the port it constantly causes pressure and pain in my chest. Especially right after treatment. It is really sticking out as well cuz I have lost weight during all this.

DJT. Those emotions will sneak up on you and before ya know it WAM! It is scary changing treatments. You get used to "chemo world" and then all the sudden you're in a different world. Radiation. It's all so overwhelming! InnaB2018 said it well! As far as being done with your chemo. (Congrades!) Do you feel wiped out and weak in you mussels? I find myself taking more naps then I ever did while I was on chemo. I am also finding I am struggling to do my 30 min cardio. Weak and shakey.

Engine hope your wife is doing well and that her treatments are treating her better with less se's.

GA Warrior hope your treatments are going well!

So I have to tell a funny story. This morning I decided that I would venture out and get my yard some water cuz it's been so hot. Myself and the dogs went be-bopping out the front door in my pajamas with my bald head. A young kid was parked across the street in his car. I must have looked like something he had never witnessed before cuz he started his car and drove off very quickly after seeing me. Now this is happened twice. When I was doing AC I would get migraines. After the second treatment I remember telling myself that I need to get out and walk so out the door I went in my robes, slippers big sunglasses. Well I must have looked a sight then too because a young kid was walking down the sidewalk opposite of me he got off of the sidewalk walked almost a car length around and got back on the sidewalk. Yep! The neighbors probably think I'm the crazy lady that lives in the small house with the two dogs. LOL

Well if I have missed anyone I'm sorry! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your family and friends. Those of you having a treatment this weekend I hope you have less SES. Those of the you that are done with chemo congratulations!

Love coming to these boards and visiting with you all!

• astyanax66
    astyanax66 Member Posts: 223

Duffyzmom, thanks for your insights on the port—so sorry to hear about the side effects and pain. Agh!

Deborah, thrush is so annoying! Hope you had a nice holiday—we watched classic spy movies, lol.

Engine, did your wife try the Smooth Move tea? My nurse said try it and then go to Miralax. The smooth move is more gentle, but hey, move in to the serious stuff if it doesn’t work.

Life, I loved your story!! I would also like to be the crazy lady...with 6 dogs, lol. On fatigue, yeah, I agree...oooh, I was mad that here on my first week of no chemo, I hardly had energy to get out of bed yesterday (usual chemo day). I feel cheated! Today was much better, though. Thanks for telling about your port, too.

I go in tomorrow for Herceptin only, starting the every 3 week cycle. I don’t think there are premeds, thank goodness, but taking my son along just in case.

Have a good week, y’all!

Dee

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Taxol 6, day 4.

This one has been the hardest since Taxol started. I have been achy since week 1 but I wondered how the neuropathy would be like. Well there was no mistaking it for anything else. And its not going to be fun. I am in a lousy mood. I am so tired of all this. Seems like such a long way off. I dont know how I will do it. I dont know how you guys did it. 6 more weeks. I am nursing a cold and a dry hacking cough, so I am hoping I will feel more upbeat once I am better. For now, I feel so low. I have spent hours looking at my pics from pre treatment times and I miss the old me. I cannot remember how I looked with hair.

Hope you guys had a good 4th of July.

Urdrago and GA Warrior, all the best for your infusions.

• gawarrior
    gawarrior Member Posts: 368

I hope everyone had good holidays this week! I'm headed to T #3 this afternoon. I've been running a low grade fever (98.8 to 99.9) since the last infusion and have a dry cough. Anyone else with this? I've read it can be from the T, but since I've been so tired this time, it worries me. They'd better give me my infusion today!

Djt, I'm so sorry you had such problems. I think this whole experience is going to give us a ll some variation of PTSD at some point. I freaked out on the office staff when my PCM wanted to see me before referring for a surgical consultation, then had to apologize. I just couldn't handle one more doctor appointment at that point. Big hugs to you!

NoteRed, so glad you seem to be doing better with the FEC! Watch out for constipation (the anti-nausea meds can do it) - eat lots of fiber (prunes) and take stool softeners or use miralax or smooth moves tea if it starts. It is wicked to try to resolve if you don't keep on top of it.

Urdrago, I'm excited to try eyelashes now! Mine are so sparse. I read about someone who had one eyelash left and applied mascara to it every day just to feel normal. Lol, I completely understand. And, I'm bald everywhere, too. My body looks like it's regressing back to my childhood days, if you know what I mean.

Frog, loved the light bulb moment! I've done the same thing. I was excited to see my hair color was on sale last week, then it hit me...no hair. Ugh.

Engine, so glad your wife is doing well! FWIW, I'm still constipated on the T, so it must be a SE of something (steroids, Benadryl...). I'm not taking Zofran for T, but that can cause it.

Off to work, I'll catch up on posts later today. Hug to you all!

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

Dee--congrats on moving to the H only! I'm about a month behind you and cannot wait. My understanding is no pre-meds for that. I'm curious if your MO is thinking about cutting back from 12 months to six months of H? My MO is going to an ASCO conference in August and said she'll look at the data and decide for her patients then. We have until November to figure it out, and honestly I'm not sure which way I want her to go. Part of me thinks that another six months of H only every three weeks is NBD if there's any benefit at all.

Frog--I empathize. It seems like the last week or two is the first time I've gotten a little down. I feel like I'm just looking at the calendar, wishing July away. My last Taxol is August 2nd, so by the end of this month I'll be a-l-m-o-s-t done with the hard part. I've had a cough/lung congestion for several weeks. Not terrible, and I'm not sure if it's a cold or some weird SE.

GAW--that's always my worst fear--that I'll show up for tx one day and be told I have to go home. All fingers and toes crossed that it's a go today.

Hang in there everyone!! This too shall pass. . .

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

Hi, guys. It sounds like everybody feels kind of ok, which is great news under the circumstances. I’ve been feeling yucky after my AC #3. I remember GAWARRIOR complaining about it as well. Nauseated, fatigued, and dealing with a pesky mouth sore. Didn’t even go see the fireworks, 9.15 being past my bedtime. My medical edibles are on the way to me, everybody swears they will help with the side effects better than Zofran and without the constipation. We’ll see. Since I’ve never tried the stuff before, everybody is prepared for entertaining results. Today I am feeling marginally better. Ready for my walk, although the 89 degrees outside at 8 am is not a good omen. But I found that even in this heat walking is better for me that staying indoors.

Saw an integrative physician on Tuesday. She recommended acupuncture, meditation, and checking out dirty dozen/clean fifteen lists on the internet. Apparently I’ve been stuffing myself with pesticides for years. We do try to buy organic food, but some items are just a hassle to get. Well, don’t you know, all of them are on the bad list. Darn it! Have to add Whole Foods as a shop stop.

Life, I have a new show for you: try Sneaky Pete on Amazon. It’s not a comedy, but is very engrossing.

Wishing everybody a good day!
  • Djt

Dear Frog, of course you're tired of all this. Your old 'you' is still in there, she's pushing you forward so she can re surface down the road. And she will. I think none of us know how we got through any of this. Ha, by now i think i have multiple personalities! One step, one day, one moment at a time. You will do it. One thing that helps me, is find one thing, even tiny, each day to focus on , the kind of thing that makes you smile, do things for yourself. And, ya know, it's OKAY to be down for a bit, to cry, to be mad. It's okay. I hope your medical team addresses the neuropathy, and you get help with it. Keep on them.

This WILL TURN AROUND. Hugs.

Deborah

• Djt

GAW, thank you, and I'm sure you are right, PTSD, is a common thread.

Wishing you a smooth T#3 . Hope the dry cough improves. I have had nosebleeds almost daily through all of chemo, and d a dry mouth, throat. Our poor bodies!! Thank god for drug stores full of remedies we can try.

Deborah

• Engine104

My wife tried the Smooth Move tea, but you know how chemo affects your taste buds.. She didn't care for it.

I was a bit surprised when the doctor said my wife's constipation was unexpected. She has only used Zofran when they gave it to her on the day of chemo. I wonder if the steroids can do it? She takes those the day before chemo, the day of chemo and the day after.

On another note: She got her prosthesis the other day. They also gave her two bras and it was all covered by Kaiser, which is great.

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Deborah, thankyou for your kind words. My new me is very grateful.

Ingerp, I was quite upbeat until this week. It just hit me out of nowhere. If all goes well, my last Taxol will be on Aug 13. I meet my MO this monday after 3 weeks. The tingling feeling comes and goes. Taste wise things have been better than on AC. Last night, for the first time I was up with pain in my knees. I have not slept well between the knee pain and the cough. I hope they dont ask me to postpone due to the cough. Would they?

One fourth of my eyebrow on the right side is gone. I draw my eyebrows right after I brush my teeth. Makes me feel normal.

GA Warrior, Urdrago, Ingerp, I believe all three of you got your infusion on thursday. Hope the SEs are manageable.

InnaB, only 1 more AC to go. Look at that.

Life, that is a funny story. I dont wear the wig at home but I live in an apartment so not many people have seen me and my shiny head. I keep poring at my head that I will see some activity. I have a sneaky feeling that my underarms will sprout before my head.

Sending all of you positive vibes.

• Djt

Inna, i don't know how you walk in that heat, we have been on the high 90s and I just can't do it with the humidity factored in. I am going to check it the dirty dozen, clean 15. Sounds very informative, thanks for, mentioning it.

Iv not seen sneaky Pete, but wanted to mention a Netflix origina to all.....lts called Longmire. Its kind of a modern day cowboy, very interesting, and I got so so involved, we were standing in line at Arbys, and I said to my guy, omg, there's Ferg!!! A guy in front of us looked exactly like one of the deputies in the show. We watch it every night, long series. Feel better from SEs soon.

• Djt

Dee, and. LIFE

yeah for spy movies, we have been watching all kinds of crazy movies and series in this heat also. Yeah, the stinking thrush is very annoying. I, about through it I hope.

Life, for sleeping, have you ever tried Tylenol PM? taking even one helps knock me out.yes, i get shaky, and I hate that feeling. I loved your stories, and. HeY , we earned being crazy ladies. Not an issue!!! You do what you can do. Will it matter in 6 months? Nah...

As the Cheshire cat says ""WE'RE ALL MAD HERE."

• astyanax66
    astyanax66 Member Posts: 223

Frog, it's so weird, but I think week 6 of Taxol was the worst. I remember feeling awful...and that it didn't get much worse than that until week 12...when it took 8 days to recover. I actually felt mostly human by then. Well, that was yesterday. And stupid hair. My LEGS won't stop, but the head is just downy fluff or stubble. It's just odd!

Hope everyone did well this week. Did anyone finish?

I definitely liked the Longmire episodes I've seen! I intend to finish the series. A friend told me Wynona Earp was also great.

Sooo, today was my first Herceptin alone. I drove myself. No crazy premeds. I felt decent until I got home...and then, yowza. Feels exactly like influenza without, thus far, any fever. I'm glad Taxol is done because everything tanked today...even WBC, but not low enough to need Neulasta, thank goodness. I've heard that it gets better.

And I too want to know about the Persephone trial. Because insurance resets on January 1, I might just say finish in December and pull the port already. That would be 75% of a year...a total of 9 months—more than 6, less than 12.

Dee

• ingerp

I get my tx on Fridays—#8 tomorrow. It’s been a droopy week for me. Don’t really feel bad, just pretty low energy. And I’ve been a big Longmire fan for several years!

• life1963

Frog I get the depression thing. I came to the conclusion it's because it's summertime and that's when my BF and I go out and do most of our activities. I think I was handling my treatments better when it was still cold and rainy and nasty out. Now it's summer and I want to go play and I can't! The poor guy was loading up his four-wheelers the other day to go with his son and I started crying. You feel like you get so much taken away from you. We all we have to deal with our bodies changing and not feeling good and not being able to do what we would normally do. The only thing that I've kept consistent is work and that is so I won't lose my mind. I keep hearing about this New Normal?? I don't even know what to think about that! I don't know about everybody else but I just want to go back to me! So go ahead and let yourself get angry and pissed off and/or cry! I guarantee I don't think you're alone in this group. ;)

As for your cough, I felt like I had a cold after every treatment. My nose would run and I would constantly be coughing and hacking. However each time I went in they gave me my treatment anyways. Said my numbers were fine. Also my knees would hurt. They still hurt. It's hard to sleep at night when you roll over and your knees touch each other and they hurt. I get that as well. What I did was start putting a pillow between my legs so that they would not touch each other and cause that pain. It seem to help a lot.

My head starting sprouting during taxel. Feels like a prickly Cactus right now. Love laying on it. LOL. Armpits are definitely growing much faster and believe it or not so is down under. (TMI) However when those started growing again I ended up with ingrown hairs like you would never believe. I have heard that sometimes taxel takes it all away again. The joys of chemo. Right?!

Hang in there! You can do this. You have all of us to vent to and reach out too! Before ya know it you can say adios chemo world I am out! Since I can't hug ya, reach out to the little ones for a big hug!

• life1963

Glad you enjoyed my story. Your right DJT in 6 months it won't even matter. :) Cheshirer Cat saying is sooo true! That is why we are all clicking out here! ;)

Started watching Longmire a couple of weeks ago with the BF when he is here. Love it! He told me I can't jump ahead and watch without him. He better be making a plan to be around this weekend or else. Hee hee. Of course I could be a nice GF and watch the other two shows that have been suggested. Not to mention I still have Marvelouse Mr..... Oh crap i just watched it not to long ago. Good gravy InnaB2016 ya think I could remember! I am blaming chemo. ;)

Engine it is always nice when insurance kicks in!

For you ladies going into treatment this week. Wishing you all manageable if not any SE!

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

I was suggested to try expressive writing to combat depression. For 15 min every day I just write whatever comes into my head. I don’t even read it afterwards. All the negative thoughts, weepy feelings, rants and fears go onthe paper and out of my head for a day. My integrative physician who suggested it calls it mental detox. It’s working, I think. I am still not the same person I was before this nightmare, but I do feel better after blabbing the stuff out and closing the journal. And I was never a diary person before.

• ingerp

Life was it Marvelous Mrs. Maisel you were trying to remember? Great show!

• Djt

A couple other Netflix Original I really found engrossing are-

Bloodline ( not real long)

Revenge. ( 4 seasons, set in the Hamptons) not the French movie )

Red Road ( Joson Mamoa, what not to like)

• gawarrior

I got T #3 yesterday, yay! My rbc dropped again, I'm down to 8.0 and they offered a blood transfusion, which I declined. It only dropped 0.10 this time (last week it dropped 0.30), so maybe I just needed to get used to the T. Today, I feel great, thanks to the steroids. I also have no fever and no cough (again, thanks to the steroids?). The PA thought neither was T related, that I was fighting something off. All I know is, I got T #3 - whew. 9 to go...

Thanks for that crazy lady story, Life - I'm still chuckling!

Dee, I've read more than once that people say the exhaustion and some SEs are almost worse the first couple weeks off chemo, sorry to say. I guess that makes sense if this is all cumulative. Sorry the herceptin has you feeling flu-like. So glad you got home before it hit, though. Keep drinking and flush all that out of you!

Frog, I'm so sorry. This too, shall pass, but it's hard to be optimistic when you feel like crap. Just think, in just a few days, you'll only have 5 more to go! You'll get there - we'll drag you through it if we have to! This sounds silly, but when I hit that low point, I try to think of things I'm grateful for (which can be tough when you doubt there is anything). I'm grateful for so much, though - we found the cancer when it was small, I'm being treated (some women can't afford it or don't have access to chemo), my family and friends have rallied around me, I have great support from this board, I'm able to work, I have the chance to beat this, I'm still alive and kicking (unlike my patient who I just found out dropped dead of a heart attack 2 days before his 60th birthday - shocked the heck out of me!), etc. Finding those good things helps me feel a little better. YOU CAN DO THIS! I hope you're feeling better today!

InnaB, so sorry you are feeling yucky after AC#3. Hang in there! I felt awful after that one - so much that I really dreaded AC 4, which turned out to be a piece of cake. I had no SEs with #4, except being tired - no "flu", no nausea, nothing. I'm wishing you the same for your #4!!

Djt, ugh about the nosebleeds, etc. Haven't had those yet. You're right - our poor bodies have been through the ringer, with more to come. I still have surgery to look forward to. Not sure about radiation, due to my triple negative status, but my MO originally said I wouldn't need it if I had a mastectomy, which is what I will be having.

IngerP, good luck with your infusion today! And I hope you are feeling better.

Urdrago, how are you doing after T #5 yesterday?

Engine, how's your wife doing? If she didn't like the taste of Smooth Move tea, she can always hold her nose and chug it! For me, it works fast than the Miralax, so I like it because "stuff" doesn't have time to turn into a brick. The Miralax takes about 3 days to start working and then it's like trying to pass cement, you know? I'd advise you to have her take Miralax starting the day before her infusion, since it takes awhile. Also, I was only taking half a capful, which wasn't enough. A capful was better and the MO said I could even take 2 capfuls if needed. Anything to avoid impaction!

Re surgery and reconstruction - I'll be having a unilateral mastectomy. Do any of you know if the implant you get with tissue expanders is permanent? Have you had expanders placed after your surgery? I'm asking because I've read that regular breast augmentation-type implants often need to be replaced every 10-15 years. But, I have friends who have had theirs for 20 years. I don't want to even think about having surgery again in 10-20 years! Yet, I also don't want the exchange surgery I'd have to have with tissue expanders/implant. The way I feel right now, I just want to be done, so an immediate implant would be nice, but I'd go with expanders/future implant if it meant never having to replace that type of implant. Clearly, I haven't had a surgical consult yet, but it's coming up. TIA for any thoughts...

Wishing you all a good, SE-free weekend - hugs!

• gawarrior

Geez, apparently I can't write "small", just "novels", lol. Sorry for all the reading! :)

• Engine104

Hi GA,

"Chug the SmoothMove" :) LOL.

The onco said to start the Miralax the day of, but I agree with you, she should start it on Tuesday (The day before). She also starts the steroids the day before too.

She's feeling very well right now, but that won't be the case by this time next week after the third round. Thanks for asking. I'm sorry your RBC have dropped.

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240

GAWarrior, my BMX was back in January. I had wanted to go direct to implants, but after the breast surgeon had finished her part, the PS felt the integrity of the skin would be compromised by direct to implants. He put in tissue expanders prepectoral (over the chest muscle). I’ve had several fills these past months. I finished chemo last week and am now scheduled for the exchange surgery to remove the expanders and chemo port, and put in the implants on August 15. Finally!!

My PS did say that even implants for reconstruction reasons may need to be replaced in 15-20 years. There is a discussion group called “Exchange City”, I think that’s the name. Many of the ladies there have completed the implant exchange. Feel free to ask me about my experience so far.

• life1963

Hey everybody . So I guess I'm looking for some advice . I just haven't really felt like being out in a lot of crowded public areas during all this chemo . I'm okay with going to work and I'm okay with going to the grocery store . I haven't felt like going out to restaurants because I never know what I'm going to like or tolerate . I just wanted to be a Hermit or be around only close friends. I think I'm just a little depressed and frustrated. Dealing with hand/foot syndrom has made matters even worse because now I can't even go out and walk and just clear my head. Having said all that my boyfriend is getting frustrated with me. Just tonight he tried to talk me into going downtown to a outside concert. It's 5 hours long, it will be crowded. I told him I was not up to it that. I did not sleep well last night and I just wanted to go home and relax. His friends want us to go to Sturgis this year. We all plan that last year and they're still pushing for it. I told him last night that I wasn't going to go that he could go if he wanted too but I just didn't think I would be up to that large of a crowd. I'm also wondering if it was his friend's wife that was going through all this would he still be pushing to go to Sturgis? Grrr. So do you think I am sabotaging myself by not getting out and doing things? I am very tired and can barely make it through 6 hours of work a day. I can't stand to be on my feet very long because they get red hot and I can't really walk on them until this goes away. I think he thinks because my last chemo was last Thursday that I should be ready to go. I'm not. I'm overly tired and just flat depressed. I never tell him I dont want him to go. I know it's not fair for me to have him sit around at my house because I don't want to go anywhere. Are you guys getting out and doing social events? Does it help with the depression? Do I need to push myself out into the public again?

• life1963

Ingerp Yes. That is the name. I have completely have a mental block with. Really enjoying the show though. Good thing amazon keeps it on top of the list. Thank You

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

Well week 5 of 12 completed Thursday. Last night and today feeling the steroid high til I got home from work and crashed. One good homemade veg's stir fry and now onto movie nite. I'm gratefully to have all of you here to test with and check in on me. and that my eyes are opened wider to see everyone and everyday differently than before!

DTJ- thanks for Netflix suggestion I will have to take a close look.

Frog- I know you're pain and want to give you a hug than say be kind to yourself! I know sometimes when I'm home more than out doing the normal things I get depressed. you're almost done with the chemo battle and soon on to the next step of all this.. The best thing is you're making it through , one day at a time...

Gawarrior- can't the doc give you a shot to increase you're RBC? example Procrit ? Mine actually came up with the Granix injections, so maybe that's an option and similar to neulasta when you where on the A/C. I'm only taking only one day afterward but it's helping all my counts.

Engine- sorry to hear that Chug the smoothmove didn't work! J to keep it moving verse the impact or worse the intestine rupture..We all have been doing things we don't want to or even like. It sucks!!

Ingerp- hope tx #8 didn't give you any SE's and that you're able to enjoy the weekend. I've been watching movies on Amazon prime, barbershop the next cut, hello my name is doris, LNJ, frozen ground, who gets the Dog, Mother's Day... lol, there's some of them

Astyanax- what's Longmire about? I didn't see that as I was browsing through that to watch tonight.

Innab- I think I didn't feel good til a few days before I was headed back to get another infusion with the AC. one more to go right?? and how are the edibles working for you? What are you using for mouth sores?

• Engine104

Dear Life1963,

My wife doesn't feel like doing anything until her counts come back up. Before that, she's too weak and too susceptible to infections. It's flat out not a good idea to be in public, especially among large crowds. Sturgis, with it's crowds and craziness would be hard for you to do. Honestly, I don't think some people who have not been through this get it. I haven't been through it, though I feel like I have being that this is my wife's third time with cancer. I get how hard this is, both physically and emotionally. Your boyfriend should understand this, but as I said sometimes people don't. Is he around when you are feeling sick after chemo? That might give him a new perspective.

Everybody: I think the consensus is that my wife should start Miralax the day before chemo? Just want to be sure because my wife's onco said to wait until chemo day.

The Smooth Move was a no-go. In fact, it made my wife throw up and she is super tough! :)

Hoping everyone will have a great and SE-free weekend!