Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting April 2018

Comments

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

Deb you sound great. Everybody have a wonderful weekend!! I leave for WDW in seven days. Happy

• life1963
    life1963 Member Posts: 364

Ingerp what does WDW stand for?

My Liver enzymes are still high so next step is as CT to see what is up.

Immunity therapy is getting quite popular for a cure. I see it a lot on different post. in the paper and my SO's currently doing infusions for lung cancer. I think it is wonderful they are doing more research for triple neg cancers.

Frog venture out topless when you are good and ready. It is all about you right now GF!

Undrago how are you feeling?

Innab rads I have 1 more to go out of 33. Skin is just now starting to turn red and painful. But only if it's dry so if I keep the lotion on it it's okay. My arm is pissed off to no end though. The Dr. approved a fkextouch plus. It basically massages the arm and my trunk to keep the fluids under control. They stopped by my house 2 weeks ago and let me try it out. It was actually very relaxing. I'm supposed to do it in an hour everyday. Just got my machine in and she'll be here tomorrow to show me how to fix it up and work with it.

Gawarrier hope all went well with you surgery.

The weather is warming up nicley this weekend. Going to try and get some stuff done.

Everyone have a great weekend!

• gawarrior
    gawarrior Member Posts: 368

Quick update: I'm home from surgery and doing well. Only one lymph node lit up from the radioactive dye they injected prior to surgery (which hurt even after having the Emla cream on my nipple for 2 hours!) so he only took that one. I'll get the pathology results when I go for my surgery check up on Wednesday. I'm having a lot less pain than I expected. I just feel really bruised like I worked out hard. Muscle relaxers are taking care of it. I've only had one pain pill so far. We'll see what tomorrow. brings for pain, lol.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, I know they help!

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

Gawarrior, that's really good news that your feeling well and home already. Time for movies and girl chats with ur daughter..

Life, I think I feel good. just frustrated about this cording/limited movement. Have ur doc already scheduled u for CT? I will remember to use plenty of lotion once I go to rads.

Frog, I know ur are beautiful and can go topless when your ready to show off your beauty. They might look but they do thinking wow thats amazingly strong woman.. in their head they say," I couldnt do that!"

Family is coming over Sunday to puck names for xmas. It seems to be approaching quickly.Prefect time for comfort food White chicken chili.

Sending good vibes!!

• ingerp

GAW—so glad you have the surgery behind you. Sounds like you’re doing well.

Life—that’s Disney World. Kind of an end-of-tx treat for me. My husband’s never been—not sure he’sexactly looking forward to it but we shall see. . .

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

GAWarrior, glad to hear the surgery went well. Rest up and enjoy the shows!

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600

Good morning,

GAW I'm so glad you are doing well. Keep us posted

LIFE I hope your CT results are normal and that you just need a tweak with your medication

Urdrago, hmmmm white chicken chilli sounds good. I may need to get that recipe from you!

Ingerp I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend and that everyone doing rads is getting through. I had a really good nights sleep which is a bit odd for me. Going to take advantage of the extra energy and hit the treadmill early this morning. Take care and have a good Sunday

• life1963

Gawarrier Good news that you home and all went well. Enjoy your downtime.

Yes Undrago I agree with DebA I would not mind getting your white chili receipe either. Sounds good!

Interg Disneyland is going to be so fun! Never been there but I've always thought it would be a fun trip.

Well I think I better get out and mow the lawn because it's probably going to be running out of nice days to accomplish that. I usually wash and clean the inside of my own car but I am finding that I don't have enough energy to do it all. So I took it to a detailer this week and they did a really nice job and now I have the energy to finish my house and get my yard done in between naps football and cute Halloween movies. LOL

• life1963

Decided to ring the bell today. Yep. I bursted into tears the second I was done.

• Engine104
    Engine104 Member Posts: 241

Congratulations Life1963!

That is wonderful!

• ingerp

Life congratulations!! You look so happy but I get the crying part. This is an emotional journey.

• urdrago71

CONGRATS Life.. also may I say, wow u got a bunch of hair!!!

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Life, you look beautiful with your new short do. Thats quite a growth from the last pic you posted.How did the liver tests go?

Thanks for the pep talk Urdrago and everyone else. For now I am doing it as and when I feel comfortable. I have worn the wig only occassionally in the last few days. I am not going to put a deadline to it, that was making me anxious.

GA Warrior, thanks for the kind thoughts. Its been a trying time. Good to know you are managing well pain wise. Time for binge watching.

Radiation has been okay so far. Num 13 today.

DebAl, so glad you are taking it slow at work.

Take care everyone.

• InnaB2018

Congrats, Life! Wow, what a great head of hair

• life1963

Thank you! You know I think I have been so focused on radiation and just getting through treatment with the anxiety that I've been experiencing that I didn't even notice that my hair taken off that much.

I didn't think about it until Frog pointed out the difference from my last picture. It has!

I have not had my CT scan yet for liver. Probably this week as the doctor called and asked the phone number of the place that I wanted to do it in Wyoming because my doctor is in Colorado. I will keep you all tab done that.

I took a stay vacation from work this week. I have never done a stay vacation. I don't even know what to do on a stay vacation. LOL

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600

congrats LIFE!! Enjoy your staycation. You deserve it! I hope everyone is doing well. GAW, I hope you are letting others spoil you while you recover.

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240

LIFE, you’rebeautiful! GAWarrior, best wishes for a great path report. DebAL, I still have some swelling from the fat grafting donor sites (on the sides, under my armpits) so I’m waiting til everything is healed before I go for a bra fitting. I’m still getting used to these implants. Do yours feel more natural yet?

• Frog-on-the-lilypad

Eyelashes☺️. I had 1 when I went into surgery in Sept

• urdrago71

Frog, omg, love your beautiful hair. Eyelashes, and brows..Im jealous!!

You're so pretty...😎

• InnaB2018

Wow, Frog, you are beautiful!

• life1963

You are beautiful! Those eyes are magnificent!

• Engine104

Janice's eyelashes are starting to come back too.

We saw the surgeon today and he said what Janice has is a seroma, which is a collection of fluid within post mastectomy tissue. It happens about 35% of the time. These will heal over time and the surgeon feels this one will as well. It has been delayed by all of the chemo, but he thinks it will resolve on it's own. He said the fact that Janice's hair is starting to come back shows that her body is getting back to normal and that should help heal this. The only option is to reopen the incision and try to clean up the open spaces, but that means we go back to square one with drains, a new incision, etc and there is no guarantee this won't happen again. So, we're going to wait and see for a few months.. Thankfully, the drainage is pretty minimal most of the time.

• maggie2

Engine, thanks for the update on Janice.  I can understand you two taking the "wait and see" approach, especially since the surgeon is optimistic the incision will heal. It's just one more annoyance in this long road, though. Glad to hear her lashes are starting a comeback. Once they start growing, they seem to come in quite quickly.

• Engine104

Hi Maggie,

Thanks. I'm hoping it stops too. I think it will eventually, but it is a hassle.

Her hair is coming back a little more and more each day.

How are you guys doing in terms of neuropathy? Janice has it fairly bad in her feet.

• maggie2

Not only did I do cold capping, but I also iced my hands and feet and sucked on ice chips during the infusions.  My onc nurse always had some humorous comments about how I was so iced down. It must have worked, though with only limited success with the cold capping, because I have had no neuropathy issues. I am so sorry to read how some of you have really suffered with it these past months. Poor Janice just can't get a break during this whole ordeal.

• Engine104

Hi Maggie,

Unfortunately, our HMO would not cover cold-capping and the chemo center didn't offer icing hands and feet :(

She's had quite an ordeal, from the incision healing issues to all of the infections, including a bout with sepsis, during chemo and now neuropathy. I think a lot of that is due to all of the super-strong chemo she had when she battled acute leukemia in 2002. She is the definition of a warrior, as are all of you on here.

• ingerp

Frog you look wonderful! My lashes are there but nowhere near full length. I'll post from Disney tomorrow.

• Frog-on-the-lilypad

Thankyou everyone, I see my fishing expedition was quite successful. Truth be told I needed those compliments. Was feeling low all of yesterday. Had major aches and was driving myself crazy with what ifs.

Engine, I have a seroma at my surgery site. The drains help with flushing out the fluids. I did not get any drains. The seroma feels like a hard knob where the tumor was. Apparently the body will absorb it slowly, but it might take upto a year if I recollect my BS’s words correctly. I am still struggling with neuropathy. Nerves regenerate very slowly so this would be the last of the SEs to go away. Janice has gone through a lot. Its been extra hard on her.

Ingerp, have an awesome time at Disneyland.

Urdrago, did you get your radiation dates yet? I have 5 more left. Boosts they call it. Woke up with a major itch today. It seems with radiation you feel worse a week or two after it ends, same like Taxol.

Its getting warmer here and the days are getting longer. I have to go to radiation in a couple of hours. The clinic and nurses will be decked in pink. I have half a mind of turning up in pink as well.

• Engine104

Hi Frog on the Lilypad,

I mentioned to our surgeon yesterday that some of the research I did said that a seroma can last up to a year. He said that's pretty rare, but several months is not unusual. In my wife's case, her body is only now getting back to normal, so that is why this has taken six months so far.

The neuropathy is mainly on the bottoms of her feet. She said they feel like sand paper.

The what-is are hard. My wife is so outwardly positive, I wonder if she harbors those feelings too. I imagine she does. I know I do. It's really helped me to not look too far ahead. One step at a time. I know it is easy for me to say being that I am a care-giver and not the patient, but I was really overwhelmed by the what ifs at first. I hope you feel better soon.

• Frog-on-the-lilypad

Thanks Engine, I am doing much better today. I am generally a very positive person, but then there are days. One thing I have realized is it passes. It takes a while, makes me feel grumpy but if I can hold on, it goes away. 😀