Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone 5+ years with liver mets and ER+ Her2-?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

The therapist at my cancer center says they are out there, just off living their lives and not posting.

In a couple more months I will be able to report seven years. Omg that sounds like a long time!

Do not give up hope, my friends.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Wow..almost 7 years. I didn't realize. That is so good to hear.Thank you for uplifting my spirits.

• Kattysmith
    Kattysmith Member Posts: 688
    Options

I'm at three years, but my QOL has really gone to hell in a handbasket the last few months because of severe neuropathy from Taxol. My doctor and I both feel that I will be switching treatments after my next scan in July, but my options are very narrow now. We shall see what we shall see. Sigh.

• sandibeach57
    Options

Kattysmith, you sound discouraged. But 3 years is good..except that painful neuropathy. Hopefully, your transition drug will enable healing and you can resume life.

Thinking of you.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

Katty are you taking Vitamin B6 if not take it ...it totally helps with neuropathy

• Kattysmith
    Options

Thanks for caring, Sandi & Nicole...I was stressing because my already busy schedule this week had some things added to it, but I was able to work them out. I just got a little overwhelmed, but I feel better now. Whew.

I do take b6 and b12 and ice during chemo.

I did have a lot of fun yesterday when my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson came over to eat and play board games. And I'm looking forward to a big Greek salad with crusty garlic bread tonight and a good English murder mystery with my hubby. I hope you've had a good weekend, too.

Katty

• ShetlandPony
    Options

I just edited my original post at the top of this thread to say 2021: Seven years. Currently NEAD for the third time. I'm not sure how! I've had four successful treatments and three that didn't work at all.

If I can get there so can you. May there be more and more of us.

• Kattysmith
    Options

That is so heartwarming and encouraging, Shetland! Rock on!

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    Options

Congrats Shetland! That's encouraging.

• sandibeach57
    Options

Hello, I just wanted to provide hope for those newly diagnosed with liver mets.

I just passed the 5 year mark of diagnosis!

You can read my bio for more information because dealing with cancer is a constant job, especially balancing quality of life and continual treatments.

• Kattysmith
    Options

Sandy, that is wonderful and heartening news! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    Options

I’ve had liver mets I think since 2019 but been fighting bones since 2015 and lungs 2013. Been Ned but never in liver. Have been through about 6 treatments since liver. My MO that I absolutely loved and trusted moved right before the liver.

This new MO is ok. But I always feel in limbo. They head hunted her hard and waited for a no compete clause to end to get her. I went for a second opinion at another hospital. They seconded what she’s doing.

There’s one more I could see locally. I hate to change as my hospital is in the top 10, is a teaching hospital so all the latest and the staff. I love the staff. They’ve held my hand the whole time

• ShetlandPony
    Options

Sandi! Thank you for posting about your five-year milestone. It is indeed, a constant job, dealing with cancer. Here's to the next five years and may they hold many good times for you.

Zills, ugh, that is rough having the onc you liked so much move. Having staff and hospital you like is a good thing. Any chance you can do an occasional telehealth consult with your old onc?

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    Options

He’s in India but I do contact him via email. He’s still as proactive as ever.

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 128
    Options

Hi everybody, is there any new story about this therad?

I have liver metastasis and I'm so super scared...

• keris113
    keris113 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Same here, would like to hear from others if possible. Have liver mets as well and am scared too @amel_83

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,089
    Options

I am 6 years liver mets. On 2nd line therapy. Got 4 years out of Ibrance/Letrozole, now on Lynparza. No liver surgery or procedures, just the meds.

• amel_83
    Options
  • lucia42
    lucia42 Member Posts: 45
    Options

Six and a half years with many liver mets and one bone met. I'm still on my first treatment.

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 196
    Options

I have liver lung and brain mets. I’m on Verzenio and Letrazole. But only since January. But so far treatment is working well, especially in my liver.

• amel_83
    Options

@lucia42 thank you for answering!

• amel_83
    Options

@AJ thank you for answering, and good luck! I hope they will working on mine too

• fighter00
    fighter00 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Thank you so much. You give me hope

just diagnosed stage 4 with bone met only after 1 year free of cancer. 😭😭😭

chemo

masectomy

radiation

currently on anastrozol+ vereonio

not start treatment for bone met yet

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi @fighter00 and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We are so very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our community an amazing source of information, advice, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

Others will surely welcome you here soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to join the others on the Bone Mets thread to help learn what to expect with treatment and get advice.

For additional support, we encourage you to join us at one of our weekly Zoom Meetups for Stage IV (MBC) members.

Please let us know how else we can help.

—The Mods