Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo October 2018

Options

Comments

• Pommom1809
    Pommom1809 Member Posts: 161
    Options

Went today for my follow up with my oncologist. I found out I will be having 6 to 8 weeks of radiation. Damn, thought I had avoided that. she wants to do this as insurance against return of the cancer. Now I need to find out all I can about radiation.

Rabbit, hope you are feeling a bit better.

Doris

• Fritzmylove
    Fritzmylove Member Posts: 262
    Options

Doris sorry to hear you’ll be zapped with rads. I’ve completed 22/33 and I’m still just a little pink. The only thing that is a little sore is under my arm where my lymph nodes were, and that part is also the darkest pink. Radiation is more annoying than anything because you have to go every day. You’ll fly through it!

• annie60
    annie60 Member Posts: 295
    Options

So far, so good. Actually went out today and didn't have to go to a dr!! We looked for a tiller, bought craft supplies, ate out and went junking. Normal stuff and I am not exhausted. Amazing!! Still not growing a lot of hair - I hope it comes back and the neuropathy goes away. But, all in all, it has been a good day. I haven't said that in quiet a while!

Annie

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    Options

Hello all! I am 3 of 4 tests down. CT Scan/with contrast of chest/abdomen/pelvis (last friday), Brain MRI (tuesday), Lumbar MRI (yesterday), and Friday morning I have my last test which will be a bone scan. I absolutely hate MRI's so my MO advised me to take an Ativan about a half hour before I got in the machine, that DID help alot, especially with the brain MRI. For the Brain MRI they put this plastic cage thing around your entire head. With the headphones on my head and the cage and being in the machine, it was tight quarters, but I wasn't uncomfortable. Couldn't move my head at all, but I moved my eyes alot, tho I even tried to not do that too much so it didn't mess up anything for whatever reason. I don't know why but while I was getting my brain MRI this scene was playing through my head, lol :)

Mother in law is coming this afternoon to be with me and take me to my bone scan. The time in between the injection of the isotopes and the scan is about 3 hrs so we are gonna eat some brunch and talk while I also try and drink down the 1 to 2 liters of water they want me to drink during this time. My poor bladder and kidneys they sure are getting a workout this week! :)

This memorial day weekend a family circus is coming into town and I plan to indulge in funnel cake and fresh lemonade :) Will enjoy an extended weekend with the hubby. I'm still lawn mowing tho I am only doing flat areas now so I am not pushing upwards or downwards. Hubby wants me to be careful with that until we know how extensive the bones are but knows how much i enjoy it and doesn't want me to robbed of doing things I love while I can.

Ever since my latest Stage 4 diagnosis, I've been alittle scared to post only because I don't want to scare you ladies with the things I'm going to go through. I will try and make it as light hearted as possible but honest. I received word this past weekend that my mother is dying from uterine/ovarian cancer that has spread to colon/rectum. My mother and I have been estranged not by my choice for 17 yrs... ditto with my sister...nobody in my family who I was in contact with told me what was going on. I only found out when I called my grandmother (mom's side) to tell her my cancer had advanced. She then I don't why casually said to me "Oh, well you know your mom has cancer right?". I told her no I had no clue. She then described to me the condition my mom is in now. I just about dropped the phone, made an excuse that I was tired and that I needed to go. I fell apart. I don't know how I made it through the weekend honestly with all those diagnostic tests ahead of me. It was a true battle every hour, with my known bone mets in my back really hurting me and no over the counter pain meds even touching it. I found myself lying in bed several times and just asking the question. "Why". My sister is with my mom, and I know I am not welcome there. The feelings involved with all this on top of what I am battling feel like alittle too much to bear sometimes.

This weekend, I plan on enjoying hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelon, a slice of chocolate cake and try not to be robbed of some happy moments and memories. I need some happiness this weekend.

Pommom- I am so sorry your having to go through rads but I hope it goes quickly for you. I hope you are healing well from your BMX too :)

Notgivingup- hope rads are going well. Your in the teens in the countdown now. Won't be long before your done!

Fritz - Your getting close to being done with rads! I hope these last 10 or so breeze by!

Annie - Hope the infusions are going okay. LOL@ the Poojeta comment above. Hoping u don't have to deal with any of that! Rads starts for you in a week. Enjoy the semi time off!

Patrice - I hope your doing okay, I think of you often :)

April - Life on AI's :) I am so very glad you got your wish and I am glad you fought for what you wanted :) How is the Zoladex treating you? Lupron hasn't bothered me a bit thus far, so thats been good.

Keep in touch ladies :) Am going to push to see my MO mid week next week instead of having to wait til June 6th to hear anything. Tho, I am also kinda scared to learn anything else new...one minute at a time :)

Love to all of you :)

• Notgivingup
    Notgivingup Member Posts: 143
    Options

Hi All!

Rabbit- so glad to hear from you. I think about you a lot. I am praying for you and your husband.

I started radiation this past Monday. Today wilk be #4. It really take a matter if a couple of minutes.

I hope everyone is doing well. Time to get fried

• Pommom1809
    Options

Rabbit have a great holiday weekend, eat some of that great food for me! Radiation office called today, I see them May 31 to do what I need to get started.

My surgery is healing nicely, but the scar looks like a pair of lips. My oncologist saw it Tuesday, told me it looked good! I think it’s horrible!

• AntigoneResurrected
    AntigoneResurrected Member Posts: 26
    Options

I finished my last rad on Monday (woohoo!!!!). I'm back to walking at least 10k steps a day, and trying to exercise more in general. Unfortunately, I'm also now seeking a PT because last Tuesday (14th), on my way to get a rad treatment, I was rear-ended at a red light (universe? Seriously?) Nothing too serious, but enough to cause a concussion and some whiplash, resulting in some crappy headaches that aren't going away, and some neck issues. Hopefully the PT will get rid of them.

In other news, I was supposed to meet with my trial team to sign my consent forms this past Tuesday, but when I got there, they told me they'd moved the appointment to this coming Tuesday. HOWEVER, that may have been for the best. On my way to the appointment, I was doing research on immunology and breast cancer, and discovered that a PD-L1 inhibitor (Tencentriq) was just fast-tracked by the FDA for use in treating TNBC. Unfortunately, a PD-1 inhibitor (Merck's Keytruda) reported that it failed its trial on the 21st (the day I went to sign my paperwork) – overall survival was not improved. Bigger disappointment? The trial is for a PD-1 inhibitor (Opdivo).

So next Tuesday I have to go in and speak to my team about this. Because I need to know (1) whether or not my tumor was PD-L1 positive, and (2) I need them to explain to me how Opdivo is different than Keytruda, and why they think it would work differently / better. Because immunology can seriously screw up your body (a lot of people from this trial have ended up with their thyroids permanently destroyed). A messed up thyroid is a small price to pay for a strong chance of no recurrence, but if there's likely no or very little benefit to the treatment, it's not worth it for me to even consider the trial. If that's the case, I'll just be getting Xeloda straight from my current onc (who promised to lower the dose for me, because I got ALL the SE, even the ones they'd never seen before).Notgivingup

Notgivingup

I recently started drinking again, too! It's been amazing! I lived in France when I was younger, so giving up wine was HARD. Also, I didn't discover this until my last week of radiation, but there are studies showing that breast cancer patients who have moderate amounts of wine during radiation treatment have fewer side effects. I felt WAY better about my trip to the wine bar for dinner after that! ;)

Pom and Annie

How is the neuropathy doing? Any better yet? I've been thinking of you, two…

Annie

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Pom

WOOHOO about your pathology results!

Rabbit

I hate this disease. *rage* I'll be thinking of you.

Fritz

Re: radiation, mine started to get red the beginning of week two, and is now at its most red (the end of week three). I've been slathering myself with Calendula and Aquafor, and I've *knock on wood* been lucky to avoid any blistering or peeling.

Re: the bump – I'm glad you were so proactive, and I'm glad your team took you seriously and were on top of it. As for the shingles – UGH! I've had them twice already. The first time was right after I returned from my honeymoon, on my back. The second time was right after the last presidential election – IN MY EYE. L Hopefully they get that straightened out for you soon, too.

I hope everyone has a fun and relaxing holiday weekend planned - we deserve it!

• Notgivingup
    Options

Good Afternoon!

I have now finished rad #5. I am 25% of the way there! Skin is holding up beautifully. I am using miaderm-L twice a day and using clear aloe twice a day. I'm not really seeing and pink yet except for immediately after treatment.

Tomorrow we are having a party celebrating my finally finishing chemo and technically being cancer free. My one sister and her family are coming into town to help celebrate. The rest of my side of the family are not able to be here. I am hoping to be able to travel a week after rads to see them. My niece is graduating high school and I really want to surprise them. Only my parents know that I am trying to visit.

I hope you all try to relax this weekend and enjoy time with friends and family.

• Pommom1809
    Options

Antigone the neuropathy is terrible, not getting any better yet. Oncologist said it could take one to two years before it goes away. Oh joy. 😩

I will be starting radiation in June, was told I wasn’t going to need it, but now they want me to for extra protection against the cancer returning.

Doris

• annie60
    Options

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can. I think of you all often and pray for you daily. I can't tell you how much you all mean to me. I hope you all got to enjoy the weekend. We got to spend the weekend with our granddaughters. I have missed them so much.

I start radiation tomorrow. I was told the first appointment will be longer - 40 minutes - than the rest to get everything just right. I have a weird concern. I am having a lot of itching from my head to my lower back. Anytime I put a hat or scarf on, my head goes crazy. I am practically bathing in Aquaphor. How am I going to lay there, not moving when it feels like ants are crawling on me? I dread this! Anybody have any ideas on how to stop the itching?

Annie

• Newfromny
    Newfromny Member Posts: 108
    Options

HiAnnie I’m on 24 of 33 radiation treatments and also didn’t know how I was going to lie still, had a cough through a lot of it, and now itching from the radiation, but somehow i do , mostly, the technicians are great and it goes quickly. You’ll do fine it’s so much easier than chemo

• annie60
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement. I was doing fine until I looked at the radiation page here and was reading and two women posted pictures. I had no idea they would do that. I have avoided looking on line at the scary pictures so I wouldn't freak myself out and then found them as I was scrolling through looking for ways to keep my skin moisturized. DH doesn't understand why I'm as nervous about this as I was chemo as I didn't show him the pictures. Being a redhead - or was til I went bald - I know I will burn some. I just have to trust my team. I feel they will do what's best for me. Suck it up, buttercup!!

Rabbit - I think of you often. Please know we are here for you. Prayers and hugs sent your way,

Annie

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    Options

hello all :)

Survived another weekend :) I found memorial day weekend bittersweet. Sweet because hubby had long 3 day weekend and we did get to enjoy the circus, funnel cake, fresh lemonade and all! Bitter because emotionally I am still a wreck. Finished all my scans including bone scan. Tho I did get an authorization approval in the mail for a new CT-Scan of Thorax w/wo contrast.. Ugh...I know more is coming. Weird thing about the bone scan is i could see my scan in a little tv off to the left. The only time i really saw the screen was when the right side of my skull was being scanned and when they scanned my chest area. Wasn't sure what I was looking at with skull but my chest was lit up like a christmas tree, i felt myself gasping inside.."Oh my God..." Mother in law and I killed time between the isotope injection and the scan which was about 3 hrs for everything to settle in. We enjoyed Mcdonalds breakfast, enjoyed a nice drive, visited a nice family owned grocery store/garden center with local produce, meat and flowers and picked up a couple things. Walking around I kept hearing myself say.."My God, I'm really stage 4. But I'm walking around and nobody around me knows whats going on inside me and what I'm feeling inside at this moment, the mask i'm wearing to hold myself together". I didn't have any breakdowns around mother in law but after she left I did. Hubby is working 13/14 hr days. During the week everyday he is routinely 2 hrs away from me. The moment he leaves I sob uncontrollably wondering if is the last time I'll see him. With no children to keep me company, its just me, a dog and a cat. And poor hubby has been alone with his thoughts in a truck. It's been that way all through chemo and surgery. When the plan was for me to have rads after my mastectomy my hubby was going to try and find a job with less hours when i had completed rads so we could see each other more. Now I feel like my poor husband is a slave to his job for my sake for the insurance. Some nights we just hold each other and cry wishing things were different. First all the mess before chemo even started for me...and now all this...I really wonder sometimes if my faith is purposefully being pushed to its absolute limits. June 6th I learn whats going on and i'm really scared to know just how bad it is. My state does allow medical ....well..weed...lol. I am going to inquire about it with my MO, I'd like to avoid opioids for pain management. I read some Stage 4 use MM for pain/anxiety and helping with sleep. All the things I need currently. A dispensary opened up not far from me. This is a very strange thing for me to even contemplate as I have never done a drug nor smoked a cigarette in my life. But with the opioid crunch and wanting to be proactive rather than passive, I'm looking into these things.

I wrote to my mother after I learned of her terminal cancer and relayed my own news hoping the lines of communication would open. Said she was welcome to call, text or write me. Haven't heard a word, not even from my sister who is well.....and its shocking to me because no matter what, I would of been there had someone said something. Even death or the threat of death cannot soften hearts of stone sometimes.

On the positive side I'm still mowing my lawn and have found bursts of energy to do some house organizing/de cluttering. I also might be finding some company soon by way of working in my church's office. Hubby and I are also going to try and grow some veggies and giant sunflowers this year in the garden. I watched a deer pee on our romaine and then proceed to eat all of it along with our carrots a couple yrs ago and it really soured us. But this yr we are determined, hubby said even if we have to put up an electric fence we're growing something this yr! My hair is long enough I don't have to wear a scarf anymore! Kinda looks like a buzz cut right now. Once the baby bird phase went away and everything filled in up top I was determined, no more hiding in scarves, I've had enough of them! Hubby surprised me a few days ago when he came in the bedroom with a huge buzz taken out of his hair. With a big smile on his face he said "Help me!" He and I both match now :)

Annie, I'll be thinking of you at rads tomorrow. If you are talking about the thread I think you are, you and i both got scared by those pictures because like you I hadn't googled anything and when I was taking mental note of what people were using on their skin I immediately clutched my chest at the site of those pictures because I was NOT expecting that. On a positive note if it helps any my RO at the time and the nurses said they see tons of fair skinned people sail through and amazingly see some tanned people have a worse time. You can do it Annie. Just think 1 down tomorrow soon it will be 2 down then you get a weekend break! :)

Antigone- So good to hear from you! my goodness about the accident. Cancer patients have the shittiest luck i swear! I hope those headaches go away pronto. Hope you can get some clarity regarding the clinical trial, but glad you have the option of Xeloda as backup!

Notgivingup- Friday you will be halfway done with rads! Woo hoo. Your almost done with treatment!! So happy for you!!

Fritz - You have to be getting close now, thinking of you!

April, how is it being non hormonal? How is the Arimidex treating you?

Doris- so sorry about the neuropathy. A few weeks ago I started getting it in my legs. I heard about delayed neuropathy even after finishing chemo. Very annoying and not comfortable. Will be talking with my MO about it along with a list of other things.

Patrice :)

Hope you all are doing well, you ladies are close to my heart, we've been through so much together. Love to all of you :):)

• annie60
    Options

One rad down - 32 to go. 40 minutes of an uncomfortable position, with strange men drawing on my boob and chest. Two more men feeling me up. I've lost count of how many people have seen my breast since July, 2018.

Rabbit - My heart is so heavy for you. Yet, here you are, cheering us on. You are an amazing woman. I could not have done this without you.

Antigone - I hope you heal quickly. Ever feel like the gods are out to get us?

Doris - A year of two for the neuropathy to heal? I have good days and bad. My feet are still numb and painful. Hope this starts getting better. Today was my rads set up and it, along with the first treatment was long (40 minutes) but after this, 20 minutes. I hope you have an easy time.

For those who are going through rads, let us know how you're doing. You have been so encouraging. I really appreciate you!

Annie

• Fritzmylove
    Options

Antigone, I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident!! You'd think the universe would give us a break after all we've been through. Keep us updated on your trial if you start one. I keep meaning to ask my MO about getting into one. Anything extra I can do, give it to me!

Notgivingup, how was the party? I hope you all celebrated BIG!

Doris, sorry to hear about the neuropathy! It better go away way sooner than 1-2 years!

Newfromny, we're almost done with rads!! Hope your skin is still holding up.

Annie, the pictures on that thread freaked me out, too. My armpit now looks like those pics, but it's not nearly as painful as you'd think it would be by the looks of it. My RO has a whole toolbox of things I can use to help heal and keep me comfortable. Like you, I'm very fair skinned, and until tx #25 I was hardly red at all. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well your skin fares.

Rabbit, I'm so glad to hear you were able to enjoy your weekend. The circus and all the treats sound wonderful. As hard as it must be, try not to worry too much about those scans while you wait for the results. SO many things will light up on those tests. I'm hoping and praying for the best news possible for you. I wish I had more or the right things to say to you during this time, but just know that I am thinking and praying for you and your husband always.

Tomorrow is my last regular radiation tx before I start the boosts. I'm so glad because I don't think my armpit could take much more. The boost simulation was today, so with that, plus treatment, plus seeing my RO for my weekly checkup, I was at the hospital for almost 2 hours. Plus I left with even MORE Sharpie marker drawn on me. I was prescribed Silvademe, which is a burn cream to cake on under my arm whenever I can. Everything is such a mess with all these creams and gels they have you using all the time. Once all this is done, I'll have to go shopping for new bras and shirts. When the kids go to bed at night I just sit topless on the couch to let everything just breathe.

• Pommom1809
    Options

A tornado went through where I’m to get my rads on Monday night. The area is torn up pretty badly & I was to see my general doctor today. Well his office is damaged so he’s closed. The rad place is up the street from there, but they are open tomorrow so I will be able to see them tomorrow.

My neuropathy has been starting in my legs the past few days. My oncologist had asked me if had started in my legs yet. Oh joy!

Nannette talking with a friend today whose sister had breast cancer. She has the neuropathy in her feet, it showed up eight years after her cancer treatments!

My scar is looking a little better, I’m four weeks out from my surgery.

Rabbit it is good hear how you are doing. I’m hoping things go better than you think they will.

Doris

• Notgivingup
    Options

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well. Today is rad #10 of 20. Halfway there! I have been using my lotions regularly. It is going quickly. I am looking forward to being done.

Last week on my way to radiation I had a thought. (I really need to stop thinking) I wondered if my surgeon put a pop up timer in the scar area to let the technician know when I'm done. (Maybe I need some therapy.)

Love to all!

• frmthahart
    frmthahart Member Posts: 59
    Options

Antigone, hope the PT helped and you are recovering well from the accident. What is the word on the trial?

Annie, I hope you are doing well with rads!

Fritz, how are you holding up with the boosts? You finish soon, right?

Notgivingup, WOOT WOOT!! Halfway there! Thanks for the chuckle - I needed it!

Rabbit, my thoughts are always with you! Praying that you get pleasantly surprised and hear good things and get a great plan that finally kicks this cancer in the rear!

I am almost three weeks past last rad and other than the itch from peeling I am doing well. Wish I could say the same for my mental state!

Love you all! Hope you have a great week!

• Fritzmylove
    Options

Doris, that is crazy about the tornado!! Are you able to continue rads as planned?

Notgivingup, half way!! Woot woot!! They really do fly by once you get started.

Frmthahart, glad to hear you're healing well. I've been itchy, too. Other than that how does your skin feel? Mine is very sore when clothes touch it or if I stretch too far.

I have 3 more boosts and then I am done. The boosts are much quicker, but the first 2 forced me to be at the hospital for way longer than the regular treatments. The first day they had to remake the plate because the cut out didn't include my entire scar, and I ended up there for about 2 hours. Today the computers weren't working well and delayed everything. Hoping the last 3 are quicker. I plan on getting the rad staff a cookie cake as a thank you, and having my kids draw pictures for them. They've been so amazing watching my daughter (and now my son, too) while I get treatment every day.

• Newfromny
    Options

Fritzmylove I’m right behind you with the rads start my 5 boosts tomorrow, today they did the setup so it took awhile, skins holding up pink and peeling but not painful.

• Pommom1809
    Options

I got my circles & Xs today, had to practice holding my breath. I was given a scan, plus got my snorkel with nose clamp! This did not thrill me at all, have to have a nose clamp on my nose which made me panic a little bit. So I got a taste as to what is going to happen to me wnen the rads start. I will be starting radiation in a week or so

Doris

• annie60
    Options

Doris - I would just have to quit! I am so claustrophobic, I could not handle that nose clamp. How are your feet? Mine are still very numb.

Rabbit - thinking about you and praying for good news.

Fritz - I am already turning pink after only five days. Stinging some. Hope this does not mean that things are going to get bad.

Notgivingup - I do feel like a turkey in the smoker.

Frmthahart and Newfrommy - Thanks for the update. Let's me know we can get through this.

Annie

• TrishaFL
    TrishaFL Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi Everyone

I've been reading and keeping up with how everyone is doing. I'm glad most of us are nearing the finish line of what I call active treatment (chemo, radiation and surgery). 

Rabbit I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Thinking of you and your family often. 

I've done 27 of 33 radiation sessions. 

Where I went
    through chemo relatively smoothly radiation has been a different story. Maybe it’s the 45 to 60-minute drive each way plus
    still dealing with the bilateral mastectomy, ovary removal (hello hot flashes),
    starting anastrozole and actual radiation. While I was able to work mostly full
    time through chemo I finally asked work for some shortened hours and to work
    from home a few days a week. As usual work was very understanding and helpful.
    Since doing that I am feeling better and more like myself. 

When I first
    started radiation, a tech said that “It’s the same every time.” That hasn’t
    turned out to be the case for me. First I had two different treatment plans,
    one with a bolus to bring the radiation closer to the skin and the other
    without. Then there are the xray days and coordinate days. The days where
    things just don’t line up just right and they have to adjust me 3 times. Having to get off the table as they reset the
    machines because armpit area got pretty bad and they stopped the bolus treatments
    last week. It’s been lots of little things that have just made this so
    difficult for me.

Last Wednesday
    I broke the radiation machine, or it broke while I was on it. They did the
    normal 2 x-rays, and everything is lined up right. There’s usually music
    playing but for some reason it wasn’t playing. Before each section is radiated
    there is a buzzing noise. The first buzz happens and then all of a sudden there
    is this loud BAM! Not sure how I didn’t jump but I held my position. I did say
    “What in the world was that?” as the techs can hear me with a two-way speaker.
    They called in a repair technician and reset the breaker that has apparently
    been thrown. All the time I’m laying on this lovely table. Everyone goes back
    out and they try again. The breaker throws again but thankfully not nearly as
    loud as the first time. So, it’s down off the table and go wait to see if they
    can fix the issue. There’s a gentleman that I have treatment before and we chat
    to pass the time. They finally say that it won’t be fixed today at 4:00. Thursday comes around and I finally get a call
    at 2:30 that it is up and working. Head off to the VA and get my treatment with
    no problems. Now let’s hope it stays that way. Not having treatment on
    Wednesday does push back my last treatment by one day.

Has anyone
    done or heard of Xeloda? My oncologist is
    leaving it up to me whether I do it or not. I’m leaning towards doing it but
    dang I though radiation would be the end of my active treatment.

• Newfromny
    Options

Hi Trishafl I’m at 28 of 33 and totally understand how some radiation days are different, I hated the X-ray days because they lasted longer, and bolus, never heard that term before radiation, made my skin red until they stopped it . But have to say the staff has been great and it’s almost over. Still have Herceptin/perjeta until October and will be starting an AI soon. Best of luck to everyone

• Pommom1809
    Options

Annie60 my feet are still pretty numb, but they seem to be improving by inches. The needle pains the past couple of days seem to have slowed way down. The feet are still uncomfortable, but a little better.

Yeah the clip on the nose is very uncomfortable, but I have to do it that way to avoid radiating my heart.

Dori

• Fritzmylove
    Options

Trisha, radiation can become a drag, and I can’t imagine having to drive that far every day! I have heard of Xeloda. One of the MOs in the practice mentioned it to me as an option if I didn’t get a pCR, but when I asked my MO about it he said he’d only give it to me if I was triple negative. So frustrating. I keep asking him if I can have more chemo and he says no every time. So now I’m hoping to get into a clinical trial.

2 more rads to go and I’m done! Someone from the office called this afternoon, and as soon as they said who they were my mind automatically thought I was about to get devastating news. There was no reason to think that as I’m not waiting on any kind of results. She just wanted to see if I could come in early on Thursday. Why won’t my mind just calm the F down!?

Love to every one of you!!

• annie60
    Options

Rabbit - let us know how things go tomorrow when you can. Sending prayers all day with my prayer warriors!

Annie

• Newfromny
    Options

Rabbit- We are all thinking and praying for you, I see your spirit here for all of us and know you can fight anything

• TrishaFL
    TrishaFL Member Posts: 19
    Options

Newfromny I'd never heard of bolus before either. It looks like what they make ballistic dummies out of. The staff has been great. Finally told them how I've been feeling about everything. To them everything has been going well and the treatment has been the same. Tried to get them to see it from my point of view, no clue if they understand it any better now but I tried. And the staff has been wonderful just my experience hasn't been wonderful.

Fritz today is your last day. That has to be a good feeling.

My MO stated that the response in triple negative is greater than those that aren't. However any increase in survival rate is worth it to me. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1612645

• Fritzmylove
    Options

Well, I'm done. The kids and I brought in a cookie cake for the team, and they each drew a pictures for them. We also brought 2 giant bags of candy for the receptionist who has been so sweet to the kids. She always has a bowl of candy on her desk for all the cancer patients, so we set her up for the next few weeks. My heart was pounding during treatment today for some reason. Probably because I'm more nervous than happy about being done with active treatment. Though my RO says the hormone therapy is still very good active treatment so that makes me feel a bit better. My chest is very red and itchy, but not painful, and my armpit is peeling a ton, and very tight feeling. I was all excited to finally have a day off tomorrow after 7 weeks of going to the hospital every day, but of course I got a text reminder that I have a follow-up appt with my BS. The life of a cancer patient.

Rabbit, I've been thinking of you all day. Lots of love!

Hugs to every one of you!! Getting through this process would have been much harder without you here.