Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Miracle 6 months after diagnosis

Options

Comments

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2018
    Options

PurpleHair, thank you for sharing your light and wisdom. You are wished a promising spiritual journey.

Miracles are not ours to judge. What individuals learn from their own experiences depends upon their personal philosophies which they bring to those experiences. Epigenetic Inheritance is another factor.

For example, studies have shown that both the children and grandchildren of women who survived the Dutch Famine of 1944-45 were found to have increased glucose intolerance in adulthood.

Other researchers have found that the descendants of Holocaust survivors have lower levels of the hormone cortisol, which helps your body bounce back after trauma.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-observe-ep...

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/may/13-grandmas-experiences-leave-epigenetic-mark-on-your-genes

Also the famous analytical psychologist, Carl Jung, had theorized that we're each born with our own ancestral experiences (body, mind & spirit) imprinted on our DNA, which manifest into our own survival instincts.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/ypv58j/genetic-...

Berit Brogaard PhD authored a book on how to unlock our human super-powers:

The Superhuman Mind: Free the Genius in Your Brain

• obsolete
    edited September 2018
    Options

The fascinating Dr. Bruce Lipton wrote: BIOLOGY OF BELIEF (free pdf available online)

The Biology of Belief 10th Anniversary Edition: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles (latest edition)

"... mechanisms by which cells receive and process information..."

• voraciousreader
    voraciousreader Member Posts: 3,696
    edited September 2018
    Options

i think this discussion would be better served in the Alternative Medicine forum. That forum was created for those who choose not to do the standard of care based on NCCN guidelines.That said, it is a safe place to have the discussion.

• Dhanno
    Dhanno Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Obsolete Thanks for the video

• PurpleHair
    PurpleHair Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2018
    Options

I love your heart exercise_guru! It's funny you mention Asian pears. I have intuitively been eating what my soul guides me to eat. And I have been eating a lot of fruit especially Asian pears (organic of course). The spiritual practice just flows into physical life as we align with our soul's wisdom. So for me, there's no efforting or strict protocols. I have done a lot of natural therapies and it's all morphed into just living according to the soul's wisdom and a natural flow. My body just craves the good stuff now, and the good stuff just happens to mostly be fresh plant based stuff. I used to love red meat and now after the "purification" of body/mind/soul I really don't crave any. I don't judge it as bad, I'm just not attracted to it. I enjoy daily coffee enemas (its gross to talk about I know) but it's part of my fun time with my body each day and I mix Esaic tea and hemp oil in the solution. It feels very cleansing and releasing (literally ha ha). I think we all first connect with our soul and the rest becomes more of a flow. We attract into our experience what is best according to our individual make up. We are all unique and powerful.

The moderators have moved my post to the alternative section. Probably to not trigger or offend anyone. It's all good. One day we will be more tolerant and not so much into labels and segmentation. My message is of love, self love really. I hope that transcends all barriers in time. Blessings to you!

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited September 2018
    Options

My regular diet during the time my cancer likely developed was fairly "anti cancer". I ate broccoli almost daily and other cruciferous and green vegetables, used spices and seasonings such as garlic, rosemary and turmeric, put 100% organic cocao powder in my tea. I ate fruit..not tons of it but I had a little every day. I ate a lot of nuts, which were one of the few sources of fat in my diet, and not a lot of processed things.

My cancer still developed and grew. It was misdiagnosed as benign two years ago so I know the size it was then. It kept growing those two years and after my diagnosis even though I cut out sugar and and dairy, went low glycemic and cut out things with a lot of palmitic acid in them, which was the only thing I could do at the time to make it even "healthier".

I would like to say maybe my diet slowed it or prevented it from spreading but I don't really know if either is the case.

My tumor was bigger than yours when it was properly diagnosed. The first US saw possible lymph node involvement, the second US didn't. I was supposed to have a biopsy but that fell through and I started chemo. I won't have the lymph node biopsied until surgery, but the chemo might have wiped out anything there or made it undetectable.I had a PET/CT that was negative for metastasis, an MRI that saw possible bone involvement, and a bone scan that was ambiguous but the radiologist feels is probably negative. I sure hope the radiologist is right but I am guarded about that.

I am going to guess if something you are doing is working, it would be the CBD oil.

• Bosombuddy101
    Bosombuddy101 Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2018
    Options

Obsolete, that video was amazing! I'll have to listen to the second part of the series on how to change our belief filters. I never realized stress could be so toxic.

• Dhanno
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Bosombuddy101 . I recently saw Bruce Liptons videos .Lot of things he said made said sense .I personally feel stress is the number 1 contributor to my BC .Both my sisters are happy go lucky types .They care a damn about anyones feelings .I was different and I got BC

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Dhanno, I love your heart. Thank you for honestly sharing. Have you ever read this book by Anita Moorjani called "Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing"?

It's about another Radical Remission story, it's actually one of the most well documented cases of miraculous remission. I've met Anita in person in 2017 and she is very real and her truth an experiences moves the heart. Her message, very much like mine, is to just live life according to your own inner soul's promptings regardless of what messages are coming from society, friends, family and the world at large. Her motto is "go and live life fearlessly!" Your soul has your back, it really does.

Dr. Bruce Lipton provides the science behind how our beliefs, thoughts, emotions affect the energetic field in and around the body. This energy field informs our cells both negatively or positively depending on our projections into the field. That is why we are all very powerful creators. It's amazing stuff. Breathe that in.

I am energy sensitive. I don't see auras but I feel energy as vibration and sensations within my body. A lot of people are sensitive to energy, especially women. You can become more aware of your energy field by tuning into the heart area. The heart has a very strong energy vortex and it influences the entire body system. It really does. That's why the healing practice of self love always centers in the heart. If you breathe into the heart space you will start to sense your energy. Even if initially all you feel is the breath going in and out that is energy. Breath is energy. You are the breath. Without breath you don't exist. If you hold your breath or breathe really shallow all the time (stress will cause this breathing pattern) you restrict life force flow of energy into your body which will eventually cause illness in the body.

I believe my body began to clear the tumor when I had released all the stuck emotions within my energy field. Because I am energy sensitive I felt it streaming out of my core intensely. Other people might experience release of emotions like having a really good cry that racks your whole body and afterwards you feel lighter, it is still energy releasing. Even if you jump up and down and allow yourself to RAGE against the world. That is healing. That is releasing stuck energy. I encourage all to take this inner journey into the heart. Take a break from the world "out there" and be with yourself. Love yourself, love all of yourself. If there is resistance to this in any part of you, just that, say "I love and accept any part of me that doesn't want my love." I've gone deep enough to experience that resistance to love is a very real hurdle of dense stuck energy within the human experience. We frankly don't feel worthy of love, so say "I love and accept the part of me that doesn't feel worthy of love." You can't overcome resistance with force or judgement. Only unconditional love is powerful enough. Be patient and allow. Just your intention to release will start the process rolling. Humans are a play of both darkness and light. Use the light to love the dark back into the light. FORGIVE and LET GO of anything you encounter on your journey that restricts the flow of love. Having Breast Cancer is a very very high calling. It's not a curse or punishment. You are powerful. There is nothing wrong with you and you are not experiencing dumb luck. It is a divine tap on the shoulder, and invitation. The mind might resist and throw thoughts "this is woo woo, or I'm not powerful my life is in shambles, I'm don't know how or what to do about this or that, or little innocent child die of cancer all the time, if they don't deserve healing then who am I to think I can heal myself...blah blah, the resisting thoughts will flow. Like I said there is so much resistance stored in the human body, so many limiting thoughts and belief. Just love it all back into the heart. You are you. Your experience is all that matters. Leave the world out there and go within. Get to truly know yourself and start peeling away the onion layers so you get live freely and BE who you really are.

No matter what choices we make regarding our treatment plans (honor all choices) this practice of self love will help you heal. And if you practice this self love and letting go, inner peace is the reward. The mind is calm and present not always going off into anxiety about relapse or what ifs. If it does, you love it back into the heart again and again. Being present and in love with life is I feel the whole point to life. Where the mind goes the body follows. Our bodies all eventually expire. Breathe that in and accept that. How we live (in love or fear) is what counts. I am not against fear. Fear is part of the experience. It doesn't need to run our lives, so love fear, love it back into the heart, so your energy can be renewed thus regenerate the cells of the body.

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited September 2018
    Options

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was vegetarian all my life before being diagnosed with breast cancer. I also was not only practising meditation, but also teaching it. The same for bio-energy therapy - I used to be a licensed MD in my country of origin and have been trained to do bioenergy healing (specific to Eastern Europe) - that was actually the reason I got my primary care doctor convinced to order a diagnostic mammogram, even if I had one 6 months prior showing no evidence of anything - because I could feel the tumor. Not only that, but all my life I loved myself to the point of being many time accused of being conceited.

Skimming past the fact that your miracle is not yet a miracle, as you still have a tumor in your axilla, what you experienced is your own personal journey. Trying to project it here to convince others to go your route is wrong.

One of the greatest dangers on the path of alternative therapies (of which I am all for, but not BY THEMSELVES, but as adjuvant to conventional therapy) is the ridiculous number of snake oils touted all over the media. That is the most despicable thing - playing with peoples' hopes. People who are desperate and in fear and in pain would try anything just in the hopes that they'd get better and get out of the journey to Hell they're going through.

This being said, congratulations that you're so keep and enthusiastic in your sharing of what you are doing, but please try to be less prozelytizing. When everything is presented as being all sun, honey and roses that means that there's a nasty thorn hidden in there waiting to poke you and draw blood (which blood is usually money).

Every person is different. Every cancer is different. Not everybody reacts the same to everything. What works for one wouldn't work for another.

How would you feel if someone here would take your advice, go all for what you're describing and then experience an aggressive phase of breast cancer development and die in a short time? Would that make you feel good about your prozelytizing your alternative route or would you try and find all kinds of reasons why it went so wrong for them, dismissing the fact that you were the primary factor that made them decide to follow a course that shortened their life?

Remember, everything you write on a forum like this will influence people. Sometimes influence their life span.

And btw, CBD oil doesn't give highs, or feelings of well-being. CBD oil is awesome, has shown repeatedly in many studies the close-to-miracle effects it may have on breast cancer tumors - and not only - but has no immediate emotional/psychological/behavioral effects. And again, it doesn't work on everybody the same.

Eliminating sugar from your diet is not a 100% assurance that you'll cure your BC or you won't get a recurrence. Same for veganism/keto/Paleo or whatever other diet. Same for "positive attitude", "love yourself" or "law of attraction". Same for many, many other things. If it wasn't so, we'd all be free of cancer.

So try to tone it down. To me, honestly, it sounds all too far-fetched.

• PurpleHair
    edited September 2018
    Options

I love your heart seachain. You are absolutely right I might be giving people false hope if I share from my heart what my truth is. My truth is just my truth and no else needs to let my experiences affect them in anyway. Our bodies will expire eventually. There are so many ways the soul leaves the body, and cancer is just one of them. I have no idea why the soul doesn't want the be me forever, I'm pretty awesome, but apparently it doesn't ...that's the soul's choice when to exit and move on. I am only along for the ride. I have had some deeply uncomfortable experiences releasing my rage against the soul more "gifting" me with breast cancer, but I found after much digging that my real rage with having lived without the unconditional love of my soul for so long and being in the world without this all consuming love. I was raging against being left in darkness. In my willingness to LET GO I was able to reconnect with my soul's love, which was always there but just berried under frankly a whole lot of bullshit limiting thoughts of unworthiness and fear. That's just my truth though. I would gladly take whatever happens to be even die of cancer now that I an whole with my soul again. There really is no more fear of death. I am healed in my heart and mind. That is all I wanted to share really. That this peace beyond understand is there within all. I'm not afraid to share it. I'm not religious, but there was a wise person who lived long ago who was very much in touch with "the kingdom within" the heart. He shared this message to all who would listen that they too could embody and unite with the soul. He couldn't heal or save everyone. He still spoke his truth. Many who listened to him and followed him died horrible painful deaths. Even he himself suffered a horrible painful death. Did this make him any less powerful, any less deserving of self love? So the point is not that doing this inner work will somehow prevent a painful horrible death form cancer. Our bodies will die, and it's probably going to be painful no matter if it's it cancer or heart disease or whatever. But while there is breath there can be such incredible inner peace, so much love to experience. It doesn't have to be about fear and darkness. How do we live our lives and use the precious life force energy from the soul is all up to us. We all have the power within.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2018
    Options

Me too wrenn.

Diane

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,790
    edited January 2019
    Options

Purple,

I am so happy for your continuing good health. However, as some have mentioned you have a beautiful anecdote, but your correlation i.e. I did all of these alt treatments and that must be what caused this miracle., does not equate to the reason for your miracle. Remember, the plural of anecdote is not data. I am open to alternatives, but I need the data to back it up. For example, a study presented last year at the San Antonio BC Conference showed that acupuncture relieved AI induced joint/bone pain. My medical facility then hired acupuncturists and acupuncture is now covered. Love CBD too, but...not a cure :(

I have been stage V for 7 years and NED since initial tx. I have used conventional tx, though I lead a healthy lifestyle overall, I think I am just a lucky outlier. I can be fairly certain that my conventional tx has been the main factor (numerous trials and studies) but there is still too much we don't know.

Good luck to you

• obsolete
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi PurpleHair, your powerful messages are pure and beautiful expressions of your wisdom. Please continue sharing as to how you reached & maintain your "Higher Self". You apparently are blessed with an exceptionally high Emotional I.Q. How do you manage stress in your life? Thanks so much for your valuable contributions here and wishing you all the best.

Hi BB, I found this interesting. "Stress wreaks havoc on the mind and body ... Now researchers have found that chronic psychological stress is associated with the body losing its ability to regulate the inflammatory response..." https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/1204...

It's worth our time to cast our minds back to how the we got to this place, isn't it?

"Pettingale, Greer, & Tee (1977) followed 160 women over a two year period prior to a diagnosis of cancer and subsequently after the diagnosis was made. They found that those with breast cancer (even before the diagnosis was made) who "habitually suppressed anger" had longitudinal patterns of increased serum Immunoglobulin A levels (implicated in some autoimmune diseases) compared to those who did not suppress their anger." https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-forgiving-life/201709/anger-and-cancer-is-there-relationship

• Dhanno
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Purple Hair .Please do share your progress and keep us updated . Miracles do happen . You are lucky . That is why you are grateful

• leftduetostupidmods
    leftduetostupidmods Member Posts: 346
    edited September 2018
    Options

PurpleHair, your last post is so illogical from the very existential point of view that I am starting to question the whole theory of "love myself brought me the miracle cure".

So you have such a deep and intrinsic dichotomy that you don't identify yourself with your soul, but regard your soul as some kind of Deity that may be benevolent or malevolent? Then which of the "selves" are you loving, the simple material flesh that is "along for the ride"?

Sorry but your last post made absolutely no sense.

As much as I myself agree with the theory/belief of the Higher Self/Soul being the sum of all the possible selves in all possible Universes and realities, and part of the Supreme Divine, nevertheless, in order to go on that line of thought one has to identify oneself as one of the infinitesimal pieces that constitute the Higher Self/Soul. The Soul (self) being nothing else but the continuation of the consciousness and awareness of the Self even after the material body is gone. No matter from which point of view you regard the concept of Soul and the concept of Self, be it from Buddhist view of the Atiman, Jainist Jiva or the concept of Soul defined by Hume or Aristotle, no matter if you regard the Soul/Self as separate from the material body or intrinsically part of it, the essence of it is that one has to identify oneself as this Soul/Self. Which, you obviously, showed that you don't. So... what exactly do you love, because your discourse shows that you see the Self/Soul as something completely separate from yourself? Then what does your consciousness identifies with? Your toes?

What I think is that you tried to "dress up" your discourse to make it sound very elevated and spiritual, so you tried to put out some concepts that bring in big words that, unfortunately, you don't understand.

Unfortunately, you get me more and more convinced that this whole "miracle" story is just that, a story, and all you need is attention.

P.S. Edited because I forgot to mention something. What I also noticed in your posts are some English language and other mistakes, nothing super serious (like writing "berried" instead of "buried" or mentioning John Hopkins as the author of a medical study that was in fact done by the John Hopkins Breast Institute) but the major thing is that you capitalize nouns and adjectives the same way I see it done in the scam letters that circulate coming from Nigeria and South Africa. Yanno, those who inform you of your inheritance that comes on an ATM card for which you must send a "postage fee" with Western Union.

So at this point I'm wondering what is your scam.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2018
    Options

Well done seachain.

Diane

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 754
    edited September 2018
    Options

Some of these topics are very hard reads for me.  How I've come to understand what cancer is (any type/sub type) is that every human being has a unique DNA make up and that everyone has a cancer gene/cell in their make up.  It is simply a matter of time (which is why cancer risk increases with age) that the DNA splits and the body cannot repair itself thus resulting in abnormal cells growth and/or good cell death.  Your body already made this mistake once and over time it will do it again unless your heart gives out first.

This is a pretty simple and stupid post, but it makes way more sense to me than any miracle.  I am happy for you that you feel well and have an overwhelming sense of good health.  It's just my opinion that anyone can achieve that HOWEVER they still have a pretty good chance of dying form one of the leading causes of death in the USA.  1.  Heart disease, 2.  Cancer.  It's gonna take a bunch a miracles to change this fact.

• vl22
    vl22 Member Posts: 471
    edited September 2018
    Options

This is still going on, huh? At least it’s been moved to the Alternative thread, but even this is questionable.

• ctmbsikia
    edited September 2018
    Options

VL22-I would have left it alone, but she was/is trolling in lots of threads.  Just trying to bring her back to earth.

• Vslush
    Vslush Member Posts: 117
    edited September 2018
    Options

There is only one thing I've taken away from this whole thread ... If I ever find myself in legal trouble or a nasty divorce, I want seachain to argue my case. Well done! 😉

Vickki

• Amica
    Amica Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2018
    Options

Wow I can't believe some of these responses. Go ahead and be skeptical if you want, but Purplehair is writing about her own experiences, she hasn't recommended anyone stop their treatment or try to buy anything from her ---- it is harsh and unkind to call it a "scam." If you're not interested in alternative healing, then don't bother reading her threads, but it's not right to disparage her heartfelt posts.

• Dhanno
    edited September 2018
    Options

You are right Amica .She was only sharing her happiness . I respect her for her decision .Hope that Purple Hair does keep this thread alive to update her recovery . I love to hear miracle stories .Life sometimes is very cruel so when people like Purple Hair come up with some miracle story it makes someone like me happy . Last year I lost two family members to cancer .Both underwent surgery chemo radiation but still lost their lives . So I was curious to know Purple Hairs perspective .

• obsolete
    edited September 2018
    Options

Amica & Dhanno, you both are 100% correct! This area is supposed to be a SAFE, NON-JUDGMENTAL zone. Is there no safe place on BCO.org for a respectful BC patient to post her truth??

Such gang negativity & reckless behavior are counterproductive and must be stopped. BC patients need a SAFE place to be heard and heal. Personal attacks are not conducive to the greater good on this forum. The collective consciousness in this alternative space must be honored to be preserved.

Dhanno, so sorry for your losses.

Any negativity here can never over-power the truth in patient's experiences and perspectives. We are all unique. We invite wisdom, peace & love.

• ctmbsikia
    edited September 2018
    Options

Excuse me for making a public comment. Next time I will just hit the report button and not bother your sensitivity.  I encourage you to go back and read the whopping 17 posts this poster has made as she repeats herself and her miracle quest over and over again.  Sorry, that's spam. I also highly doubt she'll be back.  

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,981
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi folks,

Just popping in here to remind you of the block member and block thread buttons. If you're finding yourself in disagreement with another member, or uncomfortable with a certain topic, there are many, many other members and topics within this discussion community where your efforts can be positively directed. Please consider moving along to another discussion, rather than trying to engage negatively.

As always, any concerns can be shared with us Mods via PM.

Thank you in advance for your continued productive discussion.

--The Mods

• NotVeryBrave
    NotVeryBrave Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thank you, Mods.

• PurpleHair
    edited December 2018
    Options

I was inspired to create a blog to share my BC healing and spiritual awakening story:

https://from3dto5dloveinaction.blogspot.com/

https://from3dto5dloveinaction.blogspot.com/2018/1...

We are all here to support and love one another as we travel our unique journeys of self love and healing. We heal when we love yourselves and your bodies back into balance and forgive / release the past trauma both consciously and subconsciously. Suffering can be transcended through individual choice to move beyond fear and into self love. Take heart and know you are never alone...

• pipers_dream
    pipers_dream Member Posts: 187
    edited December 2018
    Options

I want to start my post by stating the obvious, which is that this is the alternative healing board. PurpleHair came on to share her experience and not to tell others what to do from what I can tell. Let’s just be open to that please.

The main thing to keep in mind, and this goes for toddlers too, is that we got cancer because our bodies are out of balance. Now how did we get out of balance? That varies. You probably have a pretty good idea what your areas are. For me, I knew it was my lifelong sugar addiction so that had to go first. I knew I didn’t eat enough vegetables so I worked on that. I’m Also working on meditation and energy healing because I come from a pretty dysfunctional family but I need to get more serious with it. Also my body doesn’t deal with stress well and since I have AD/HD, I have a whole layer of added stress that most people don’t have to deal with. It never. Goes. Away.

Should we blame ourselves or our parents? No we should not, even though the American Cancer Society says that up to 90% of cancers are lifestyle related. There are just too many things to keep track of in our hectic lifestyles. Now if you are one of those outlier people who was already doing everything right, and truly can’t think of anything else you can do holistic-wise, then the conventional route is the best way to go. Conventional is also the best way to go for those who truly believe it is their best option for healing. I don’t think you’re a fool if you do...you’ve seen plenty of evidence that it works for most people. However, keep in mind that I’ve seen some evidence in my own family that chemo and radiation can kill. Hard to get that image out of your head when faced with tough choices.

Also, if you don’t believe in the power of belief, read up on the placebo and the nocebo effect. If you knew what I’ve learned about that, you would not be on here telling someone her healthcare choice is wrong, but cheering her on instead.

BTW, I had a long conversation with a woman at a dispensary in WA and she said she has helped over 30 people, including herself, to heal just from cancer alone. There is something to this.

• bluepearl
    bluepearl Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2018
    Options

The placebo effect is temporary, Please do not mis-understand this. It does not offer a cure. Cancer remissions are rare but they do happen and in fact, may not be as rare as once thought because the original cancer was never detected before it was killed. As to chemo and radiation killing, alternative has had its fair share of that but is rarely publicized because it could embarrass the victims....or most of the time, conventional therapy is tried long after the herbs and salves didn't work. Placing the burden of "positive thinking" on people who have cancer is not fair either. That is a big woo idea promoted heavily in the 1980's and still is today although it actually does harm to people because they feel guilting for being "negative" and not dancing around with a pink ribbon. There is a simple solution to determining woo from facts...called double blind clinical trials. What works works. Alternatives shouldn't be afraid to find out the truth as to the veracity of the findings either. Even praying for someone in the hospital who knows you are doing this, have worse outcomes. I have to admit that this topic is somewhat of an odd place for a cancer site given that it allows desperate people to believe desperate things that could harm them. Even the title has a disclaimer....that should tell you something....and anecdotal evidence is not evidence that something works anymore than gossip is truthful. I think women on this site who conflict with alternative ideas have that right to explain why they do not accept these kinds of treatments without being rude. It could save someone's life if they choose, say, black salve to "cure" breast cancer and are asked to question that. The power of belief without facts has gotten us all into a pot of hot water and seachain and others are probably very concerned about misinformation, disinformation and snake oil salesmen hurting vulnerable people. No therapy is 100% effective, but myself, I would like to see more hard evidence that something works better. I have a friend dying from mets from renal cell carcinoma as we speak....the immunotherapy, state-of-the-art therapy only has a 40% chance of working but it is a chance, smaller for him since the cancer is so far gone. Chemo/rads/biologicals/hormonals/ all fit into that less-than-100% but have been proven to save lives and I do not understand why asking for scientific proof that something at least works most of the time, or even some of the time, is less acceptable than listening to hear-say or snake oil salesmen/women who have a disdain for well researched treatments. Anyway, I do wish the best for all the women here and hope everyone find peace in the new year.