Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Are you currently (or have you been) in a Clinical Trial?

Comments

• susaninsf
    susaninsf Member Posts: 1,099

AlabamaDee,

If you are at least able to read these postings, I wanted you to know that I miss you and hope they will find a way for you to rejoin this board.

Hugs, Susan

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287

Yes, Dee, we miss you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

• susaninsf

Was wondering what was going on with the NIH trial of TILs. The clinical trials page (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01174121) says it's suspended. Anyone know why or what's going on?

- Susan

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

Susan,

I had noticed the same thing, since I live not very far from NIH and this was in my bucket of "possibles" for clinical trials. Very odd.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,854

Here is an interesting phase I/II clinical trial for 2nd/3rd-line treatment for 415 patients whose cancers remain endocrine-sensitive after progression on Ibrance-Femara/Faslodex: The trial is testing Giredestrant, the ROCHE SERD (thought to be best-in-class), in combination with other targeted drugs:

1) Abemaciclib/Verzenio, CDK4,6 inhibitor; 2) Ipatasertib, AKT inhibitor; 3) Inavolisib (PI3K/mTOR/AKT inhibitor); 4) Ribociclib, CDK4,6 inhibitor; 5) Everolimus, mTOR inhibitor; 6) Samuraciclib, CDK7 inhibitor

No prior chemo for metastatic disease is allowed

Is offered at a handful of sites in the US, as well as Spain, Israel, Australia and South Korea

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04802759

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387

Hi Curious. Thanks for the trial# 04802759.

The info did state the trial was designed to make changes as needed or modify population.

Do you or any other folks know that if you did not progress on a chemo does it still count as a "chemo".

I progressed on Ibrance/Letrozole and Xeloda. But the AC was to get me stable until I could change to I/L and I stopped Taxol due to toxicity.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

SandiBeach, I was told that any chemo counted as a treatment line but I suspect individual trials make their own rules sometimes....

• sandibeach57

Thanks Moth..guess that is when you have to call them!

• sandibeach57

I use MBC CONNECT to search for trials. Anyone else using this?

www.mbcconnect.org

• cure-ious

Sandi, The Xeloda would count as chemo, regardless. Also the trial requires "measurable lesion" so probably excludes bone-only mets. It would be helpful if these drugs could get through their trials more quickly. I thought it was interesting that the combinations with Giredestrant include the new CDK7 inhibitor and a newer PI3K inhibitor (not Piqray).

I haven't found a clinical trials search site that I've found worthwhile; I just google the name of the drug I'm interested in and look through the trials that include them...

• susaninsf

Sandi,

I was using mbcconnect but it's annoying that they send me an email every day saying, "You have new clinical trial matches" when there aren't any. Is this happening to you? They also don't seem to cover all of the trials or at least they don't associate them with me. I hope they will get better.

Cure-ious,

I thought that was interesting as well. Kind of like a double trial. Haven't seen that before. Every trial seems to couple their drug with Ibrance since they know that works.

Hugs, Susan

• sandibeach57

SusanSF, when I get the message in my email "MBC COLLECT" has new trials, I go to www.mbcconnect.org., then log in with PW

Then I tap the beaker icon. When trial link opens, I open a specific trial and decide whether to save or not. The save/delete botton is at bottom of the trial page.

I make sure my demographixs are set up so trials are pulled based on my situation.

What do you use?

• susaninsf

Thanks for your response, Sandi! Yesterday, I went through my matches and got rid them. None of them were appropriate. This morning, as usual, I got an email saying I have new matches. Logged into the site and the Matches were still empty.

The demographic survey doesn't ask anything about the type of BC, just things like gender, race, zip code. It is the disease history survey that asks if I am ER+, HER2- etc. No box for HER2 low. Maybe I should check the box for HER2+ so I can see trials for HER2 low.

I will try to contact them.

Hugs, Susan

• ninaca
    ninaca Member Posts: 228

Any information from recent SABCS conference? Where to look re: Lobular info and possible trials?

thanks, Nina

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166

I too would like to know news from the SABCS. Cure-ious you are good at all this. Any tidbits you have from the Conference?

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877

Anyone hear about these:

Larotrectinib, sold under the brand name Vitrakvi and ntrectinib, sold under the brand name Rozlytrek these were mentioned at the european version of the San Antonio conference....

• krissy-annie
    krissy-annie Member Posts: 3

Just an update.

Tuesday was injection day for the measles virus study. All went really well. The dull cancer ache in the bone lesion injected is gone! Hoping that is a good sign.

Apparently, the amount of vaccine administered is based on the size of the boney lesion. This trial focuses on injection in one lesion only. Had short term fever Thursday and Friday. Just tired and achy today.

Hoping that the measles is circulating and infecting the other bone lesions. Pray that this may be a break through.

Had first check in on Friday. Researchers don't give much info. Don't want any bias. Not sure I'll hear any progress or non progress till EOM.

• nicolerod

Krissy I am in contact with that study that is at Mayo clinic in MN right? do you live there? How long did you have to be in town for it? I met one woman on FB did it in the liver but had progression..hoping you have complete success

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

krissy-annie,

do you live near the clinical trial site? If not, how often do you need to be up there and for how long? do they allow you to do any other necessary testing at your "home" cancer center?

I think this sounds very interesting too, but being only at one site makes it difficult to access.

Thanks for any additional information.

• krissy-annie
    krissy-annie Member Posts: 3

The procedure is outpatient. Only takes about 30 minutes. There is a biopsy at time of placement.

Then, biopsy 3 days later. Weekly office visit/meetings with research team (they collect blood, urine, saliva) and record symptoms.

3 weeks later biopsy and CT. I'll see my regular oncologist then. And yes, I live in driving distance to Mayo.

• nicolerod

Hrmmm...I wouldn't be able to do weekly visits...but I will ask the trial coordinators that I have been speaking to about having the urine blood tests done at my center if that is allowed. Question can they only do 1 tumor at a time?

Im gonna PM you dont want to hijack the thread

• cure-ious

Candy, I only have access to the abstracts, which came out awhile back. I think Alabama Dee was going to attend and is involved on the patient advocate side of things...

• cure-ious

There was an SABCS press release about the SERD Elascestrant filing for FDA approval, now that their phase 3 trial is complete. Although they are the first to finish, their data shows that the drug works better on ESR1 mutant cancers and they got a much smaller benefit over faslodex for the entire group in the trial (and did not even report what benefit they got for the subset of ER-normal cancers, which they say they are still analyzing- well, it will be the smallest of the numbers but they still expect it to be a statistically meaninful benefit, whatever the amount), and so folks are wondering whether FDA will approve the drug for all-comers, or require a test for ESR1 mutant status and have it limited to that subtype.

If approved for ER normal cancers as a replacement for Faslodex, will that be sufficient to allow its use in combination with CEK4,6i or Everolimus, etc? If so, then is it time to switch? given that it is oral and at least somewhat stronger, or better to wait for giredestrant and perhaps amcenestrant to get approved, as current indications suggest they are stronger... Amcenestrant is delayed (maybe taking longer to get enough progressions?) and giresdestrant data is due mid-2022. Anyway, 2022 will bring SERDs up as an real option, which will be a big change and something for everyone on Faslodex to think about!!!

https://www.evaluate.com/vantage/articles/events/c...

• cure-ious

https://www.oncozine.com/elacestrant-first-oral-se...

This is a summary of the data from the phase 3 trial of elascestrant, compared to Faslodex in the patient population that progressed on Ibrance-Femara...

• cure-ious
    edited July 2023

Also, there is a third new-generation SERD, camizestrant, currently in various trials.

SERENA-4 Phase III trial which evaluates the next-generation oral selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD) camizestrant (AZD9833) in combination with CDK4/6 inhibitors in the 1st-line treatment of patients with estrogen receptor (ER)-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer, and the SERENA-6 Phase III trial tests camizestrant with CDK4/6 inhibitors in patients with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer with an ESR1 mutation.

It will be important to assess the data from these trials because these drugs do not have to show the FDA that they are better than Faslodex, just that they are not worse than Faslodex, because they are oral and not shots...

• nicolerod

reposting:

Anyone hear about these:

Larotrectinib, sold under the brand name Vitrakvi and ntrectinib, sold under the brand name Rozlytrek these were mentioned at the european version of the San Antonio conference....

• moth

I was at SABCS but really focused on TN, and even that I was hampered with because dh was in hospital for a chunk of the conference.

However I have some things I bookmarked.

chart of trials for ER+ / hormone tx resistant https://twitter.com/stage4kelly/status/14693669034...

Dr P Tarantinos take homes: https://twitter.com/PTarantinoMD/status/1469704532...

For mHER2+ TDxd is the big story, now recommended as 2nd line, might be 1st line even?

For mTN, the new ADC datopotamab dxd is showing excellent results, including in people who previously had Trodelvy. ALSO. TDxd was trialed in TNBC and there was also a significant proportion who had response.

• nicolerod

Moth...thanks for you post im sorry what does ADC mean? and what does dxd and TDxd all mean??

• moth

ADC = antibody drug conjugate (a class of drugs. Trodelvy is one. Enhertu & Kadcyla are also ADCs)

dapo-dxd = datopotamab deruxtecan

tdxd or t-dxd = trastuzumab deruxtecan = Enhertu

• nicolerod

Isn't Enhertu for people that have low HER2+??? Why would that be used for mTNBC?