Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Could this indent be something?

Options
2»

Comments

• Megadoo
    Megadoo Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2018
    Options

Got an earlier apt--tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get this over with and move on :) Still same issues/appearance. I did feel a small lump near the indent. I used a different position then my normal checks. Quite irritating that I STILL can't compare to other breast because it is still healing from the lumpectomy. STILL. LOL. Anyway...hopefully I will have a good update tomorrow.

• Sidalee
    Sidalee Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2018
    Options

I was just logging in to check on you, so glad you got a sooner appointment. Lots of hugs and prayers. Good luck tomorrow, I will be looking for your update.

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

You are so sweet! Thank you

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

I had the mammo and US done. All I got was "everything looks ok, follow me to the exit". I am waiting for the report to be uploaded on my portal to see what it says, like if my breast is dense. I guess this good, just want to read the report myself. I will post it here, hopefully by this afternoon.

• dani444
    dani444 Member Posts: 215
    edited December 2018
    Options

I am glad you were able to get it done earlier, and that sounds encouraging!

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

Yes it does. Just weird how the GYN and myself felt palpable lumps, so...were they lumps? I just checked again to see if I am crazy and there are 2 definite lumps that feel different from any other tissue. Oh well. Interested in what the report says anyway. But good news is good news :)

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

BIRADS 2. Says nothing was found, other then scattered densities B. So I guess I apparently don't know what a real "lump" feels like.

Thank you everyone for all your support!

• djmammo
    djmammo Member Posts: 1,003
    edited December 2018
    Options

re: Missed cancers on mammography:

American Cancer Society: Limitations of Mammography

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

." There has been no significant change in the appearance of
    the breasts since the comparison exam."

Why was this statement on my report if this is the FIRST mamm/US I have ever had on the left??

djammo: do you think I should ask for further testing? The US said the same thing. They say to have any new changes investigated so that is what I did. Maybe I am thinking too much into it. But there are 2 obvious hard lumps, unlike any other tissue. And the indent just appeared. Could that really be from a blood vessel? Strange

• Sidalee
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi Megadoo, I'm glad it looks like nothing significant, but it would be nice to have an explanation of what you can feel in there. The report referring to a previous mammo you've never had is pretty strange too. Chances are they are just fibroids or cysts, but if you aren't satisfied I would keep pushing!

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

Yeah, at this point I am not worried, really. But generally the US would pick up a cyst or fibroid I would think. She did seem to ultra sound most of the breast, other then nipple area. I guess they aren't "lumps"? LOL IDK.

"Negative imaging
    studies should not preclude further evaluation, including biopsy of a
    clinically suspicious abnormality."

This pretty much means insurance would never pay for an MRI. Guess I won't worry about it anymore and just check on it every few weeks or so.

• Sidalee
    edited December 2018
    Options

At least you have the baseline mammo--do you still have another one coming up early next year?

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

April is my check-up with my GP. He was going to order the baseline then. But you are right! I have it now :) So if anything changes or gets wonky in the next few months, I have something to compare it too. At least there is that :) Thank you again for your help!

• dani444
    edited December 2018
    Options

Yes, that is good that you have a baseline now. And it sounds like you will stay on top of any changes, if they were to arise. Feel free to pop back in if you have any further questions or need anything.

• Megadoo
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks Dani. All of you are awesome and so kind. I wish you all the best in your journeys :) Merry Christmas......(still not done shopping LOL)

• Ameliaz
    Ameliaz Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hello, Each Day 20, I also was diagnosed with ILC, had an indent on my left breast visible when I raised my arm. Another symptom was blue veins only in that breast. After lumpectomy my nipple is inverted and the visible veins are still in my breast. I told my BS many times, and she doesnt pay attention to the veins, and I was given no explanation about that. I dont know I dont feel comfortable, no explanation and the veins going to my nipple still there. Have you had those visible veins only in the breast where the tumor was?

• Megadoo
    edited January 2019
    Options

Happy New Year. So I decided to "forget" about any issues thru the holidays. It was so nice, lol. However, now I notice that I am getting a similar indentation on the OUTSIDE bottom curve of the same breast. Same as the original. Like it is being pulled in. The lumps are still there, tho they aren't near the dents. They are mid/upper outside of breast. So....weird. Can your breast just normally change shape like that? In a relatively short time span? I know age changes things, but I am not yet 40. I am just waiting and watching for the most part. However I am scheduling an apt with my GS who removed the FA in my right side because my incision has STILL not fully closed and I seem to have a lovely hematoma now. I will mention the left issues when I see him.

• dani444
    edited January 2019
    Options

I am sorry you are seeing more changes, and not getting a clear answer on the reasons! With my symptoms I could feel what was more of a hardened area of tissue in the upper inner quadrant of my breast, the indent was just above my nipple. My BS did say that was from the tumor pulling in the That tissue. I feel that you should consider getting a consult with a breast surgeon. Seems like a breast MRI might be the next step. I am glad you were able to enjoy the holidays! And I hope you incision begins to heal soon

• Megadoo
    edited January 2019
    Options

Thanks Dani! How are you doing? Have you completed your rad tx? I hope you are feeling well and were able to enjoy your holidays. You have been so helpful to me with your information and kindness.

I think I am going to give it at least another month and see if there are any more changes. My RT Breast should be fully healed by then and then I can do some comparisons between the 2. I took pics to refer back to. I like my surgeon, but I would prefer a BS for this "issue". Been doing some research of a few in my area. Then I will go back to my GP and ask for a referral. When I saw him last time, he didn't know about the 2 lumps, so I am pretty sure with the presence of them he will give me a referral to one or an MRI. If there are no further changes I might just wait until April when I am scheduled to see him. Not sure.

I definitely am not going to brush it aside, but I can't be consumed by it either, if that makes sense? So focusing on my health and exercise and monitoring for any new developments until I can see a BS :)