Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Need your Tips for Taking Oral Hormonal Meds as Prescribed !

Options
13»

Comments

• moodyblues
    moodyblues Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2021
    Options

I recently switched from Letrazole to exemestane and was curious if there was a better time of the day to take it. When i was on Letrazole, I took it 30 minutes before bed and did not have sleep issues. With the Exemestane, I was fine on night one but, was sleepless on night two. Anyone find the magic time?

• moodyblues
    moodyblues Member Posts: 393
    edited October 2021
    Options

It's been a very long time since I have been on this site, a very long time. I recently changed over to Exemestane last week after being on Letrazole for almost 4 years and I'm having terrible issues with sleep now. I am hoping that someone can give me some tips on what they did to get some rest, maybe the magic time that worked for them to take this med. I've tried it right before I dropped in bed, I've tried it a half hour before bed. I am tired! When I do finally fall off to sleep, I wake up over and over; I do fall right back to sleep though, thankfully. I work and was afraid how it may affect me if I took it during the day. Anyone?

cross posted.

Thanks!

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    edited October 2021
    Options

moodyblues, I can only speak for letrozole. I've been in letrozole for almost 2 years and I took it at 10 pm every night. I had problems with insomnia that were getting worst and waking up in the morning with stiff joints that got better after morning yoga. It is been around 10 days that I changed letrozole to 9 am and the difference I can see is that I sleep better and I don't wake up with joint stiffness like before however, it seems that my digestion system throughout the day has changed and I am bloated that is very unusual for me. Maybe you should try to change it in the morning time and see how it goes. Let us know :)

• pokemom1959
    pokemom1959 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2022
    Options

I started on Letrozole about 2 weeks ago. I’m having minor hot flashes but no insomnia - quite the opposite. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I get so tired that I have to take a nap, which is very unusual for me. I’m still working full time, so it is problematic. I’m taking my Letrozole around 9:00 at night and I’m wondering if I take it in the morning when I first get up if the tiredness would hit me around 3 or 4 a.m. when I’m already asleep. Has anyone else had this issue and found a successful resolution

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    edited July 2022
    Options

That is a great question, pokemom1959. We are sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with fatigue. We are including some links that may be good resources for you. Good luck with the side effects and let us know if you need any additional resources.

Warmly,

The Mods

https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/hormonal-th...

https://www.breastcancer.org/about-you/finished-tr...

Vitrual Meetup - We are offering a Virtual Meetup every Friday at 1pm, ET (Bonded by the breast cancer experience) in case you are interested. It's primarily for those finished with active treatment, but who may be on longer term hormonal or other treatment, and could use the support

If you are interested, please register here in advance for this meeting:https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIuduGspz0rG93Jrg16Zi1NQrja-insoVJm