Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In Memorium: Lita57

Options
13»

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Thank you all so much for the incredible messages honoring my mother! I know there are many users who were on BCO when my mother joined / earlier in her diagnosis who have since passed. She too would feel like she was losing a close friend, and would take some time to grieve the loss of a treasured poster.

I would like to hope that my mother is meeting them all in person (most likely with a bottle of wine and some sushi – two things she loved Dearly before "Mr. Cancer" took them away), all in bodies of their choosing, free from cancer and all its effects.

In addition to living on through my photography, my mother has published three Young Adult books, chronicling the stories of bulldog main characters she wrote for (and later with) me starting when I was in 3rd grade. Her last book, Bullmina the Courageous Bulldog Comes Home, is drawn from her experiences as both a daughter losing a mother from cancer, and as a mother losing her life from cancer. She was fortunate to be healthy enough for a book launch party last year. You can read more about my mother's writing at: https://www.bullmina.com/

I am now going through my mother's memoirs (120 pages!), which she continued writing to the very end – even with her eyesight failing her, and the brain mets making it incredibly difficult to find and spell words. She truly was a woman of many talents!

It's been an honor reading many of these entries aloud to my father. He's especially happy to hear how much love you had for her – and for the shittin' pants tales. :)

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    Options

Mica, my condolences to your and all your family. Lita taught her sisters here valuable lessons through the way she bravely faced things head on, found ways to keep enjoying life, and made her own choices. Thank you for your posts, Mica.

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

mysticalcity: that's one of my favorite poems!

Yes, the voices on the other side are saying, "Here she comes!"

Mominator

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    Options

bahahah where is the LIKE button..?? Negan Shittin' pants!!! you know I don't come here that often any more. Mostly because of the loss of dear friends and the pain it brings. I need to learn to savour the lessons those beloved give us, the love they share and the hope we all have for longer life, eternal life, and peace for all. Love to all of you.

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lita was a classy lady, I enjoyed reading her post and how honest and determine she was to confront all the obstacles she faced. My prayers are with you and your family.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Mica, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. I read her posts and was so impressed by her undaunted courage. She approached everything head on. Be proud of the love and praise she engendered.

• vampeyes
    vampeyes Member Posts: 523
    Options

Oh Mica, family and friends,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Lita was a wonderful woman and will truly be missed here.

HUGS

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931
    Options

my most sincere condolences to you and all of her loved ones. She was witty and sweet, and will be missed here.

• Mominator
    Options

Mica,

I lit candles for your mom, my mom, Patty, and others, with our Lady of Guadalupe.

Love,

Madelyn

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

Mica,

I took a break from BCO this past year but often thought of your mother. When I decided to check back, I really was looking forward to the antics of your mother. She really was a character! She had a way of taking utter despair and turning it into frivolity, hope and laughter. I am shocked really that her larger than life personality has been silenced. I didn't think it would happen.I didn't think it could happen. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved mother.

Amy

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

there was an obit for Lita in the SF Chronicle on Sunday for those interested in reading it.

• Mominator
    Options

"Please don't send flowers. Make a donation to "Metavivors" ...or to the American Cancer Society"

That's our Lita!

I think of you often Lita.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options
  • Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    Options

The funeral home website where you can sign the guest book, send sympathy card, etc.

https://www.altamesafuneralhome.com/obituary/cheryl-eitner-england

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    Options

Thanks for the links Artista.

Will check them out.....

GP

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Thank you for posting her obituary here! & thanks to Artista for posting relevant links as well.

My mother, of course, wrote her own obit & had already picked out which papers she wanted to be in. She had a plan for everything :)

• missouricatlady
    missouricatlady Member Posts: 894
    Options

Out of respect, I made a memorial for your mom on Find a Grave: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/204109733/cher...

If you would like to have it in your name, I would be happy to transfer this to you. If you would rather create your own memorial for her, I am happy to delete this too, whatever you would like. Your mother was a wonderful woman! Many hugs to you, Lisa

• Grannax2
    Grannax2 Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

I'm very sad to have to share this news.

Gumdoctor passed into the arms of Jesus last night. She had been on Hospice for 10 days. About two weeks ago she found out that her MBC had spread to her brain, Leptomangeal disease. They initially planned 5 TX of WBR but it became obvious it was too late.

She went home on Hospice. Her husband, sisters and SILs took good care of her. During the last, she was unable to speak. Her husband thinks that she was aware she was home and seemed more relaxed.💞

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    Options

I’ve been thinking of our Lita a lot these past few days. I’m not sure why but I know she is still here with us. I hope Mica and Mr. are well.

• MagicalBean
    MagicalBean Member Posts: 192
    Options

Lita popped into my head a bit ago. Fond memories of a fabulous woman.