Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

Starting Chemo December 2019

1131415161719»

Comments

• Eigna
    Eigna Member Posts: 256

Maryjv- I will pray for you 🙏

• maryjv
    maryjv Member Posts: 269

thank u ladies very much For your warm thoughts and prayers...waiting to schedule mri and was given a muscle relaxer yesterday which did help so that’s good news

• margo53
    margo53 Member Posts: 131

hi Ladies,

JRNJ..... Does your doc say take the Arimedex every other day? I would love to take mine like that!!
    I had to stop my Aromasin a week ago because my blood pressure was too high and headaches returned. I have read that it has the same benefit if you take it for 3 months and off a month. Has anyone else heard that?

I just hate having to take this mess just hoping it’s doing what it’s supposed to do.

Eigna.... I didn’t realize you were PR-.... me too.... does your MO say anything about it? Mine just brushed it off, but I also should have pushed him on it more.
    There is a Facebook group for PR- people..... they are trying to get some legitimate research going on it. I believe the research will be based out of the UK. Very little info out there on it. If you have links or info , plz send to me.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend

• jrnj
    jrnj Member Posts: 407

Hi Margo, I'm on a few hormone therapy threads, I listed them below for you. I read that you can't split the dose of an AI, it is better to take it every other day because the half life is about 50 hours, depending on which one you are taking. My Dr. suggested it on his own, when I was struggling, without me asking for it. He meant it to be temporary to try and wean myself up to every day, but I told him I can't tolerate every day. I've tried it. I've wanted to be aggressive from the beginning and pretty much begged for chemo, so he know I would be taking it if I could. I asked him if it was ok. His response was "It is not standard of care". But he was not a jerk about it. I have not heard the 3 month/1 month thing. After about 2 weeks of either every day or every other day, my body starts throbbing and I have to skip 2 days. But, my body is used to it. So if I don't take it for to long I start going through withdrawal symptoms. I took an Aromosin this week just for the fun of it, lol. I was on lupron when I was taking it, so I thought, maybe it will be better. Made me dizzy, headache. Aromosin gets me in the head, Arimidex in the arms and feet. My brand name Arimidex was approved this week, pharmacy has to order it. We'll see if that helps. I'm not too hopeful. I'll eventually try Femera to see if it's any better for me. My breast surgeon thinks I should take tamoxifen. I don't want to take it because there are studies that AIs are more effective, especially for ILC, and that is what Sloan recommended for me.

Has anyone quit or reduced dosage of the hormonal therapy?

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Women on Ovarian Suppression + Hormonal Therapy Unite!

• havefaithtoday
    havefaithtoday Member Posts: 88

Hi Beautiful Ladies,

Just checking in to say hello and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It's hard to believe it's been a year since we all started chemo. I hope everyone is feeling well. You all were so supportive over the last year. Here's to health and healing in the New Year!

• maryjv

Hello!!!!! Happy holidays to my strength and voice of reason during chemo! So very thankful for all of you and have faith-cannot believe we started chemo last Dec!

• Eigna

Hello everyone!

Thanks Maryjv and Have faith for your wishes!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Hope 2021 is a better year filled with health and happiness! Thank you for being there for me. I couldn’t have done all this without all of you ! Cheers 🥂!

• maryjv

hello ladies!!! Just wanted to pop in and tell you that even though we don’t keep in touch I think of you often! As our anniversaries approach I just want to send warm wishes and express my gratitude for helping me through my chemo journey, all such powerful women! 🙏

• Eigna

Hey Maryjv! Thanks for the message. I do think of you too. Hope everyone is fine.

• jrnj
    jrnj Member Posts: 407

Hi Mary and Eigna! I'm still on the roller coaster of pain and misery, and weird ailments, but nothing life threatening. Aromatase Inhibitors are horrible. I have aches and pains and insomnia every day. I had DIEP flap surgery in January. Recovery was brutal, but no complications. Not thrilled with my flat pancakes. Will probably have some touch-ups done next year. Then I had a kidney stone procedure and a thyroid cancer scare that turned out to be benign. I have three thyroid nodules. I've had a lump in my throat when I swallow since May, but no one has a reason or an answer for me why. But I went on a vacation rafting in the Grand Canyon and a week in Vegas to make up for lost time. Glad my hair is grown in, and actually a little better than before, and glad I was working from home while it was growing in! My good friend died in August of ovarian cancer. She was always living life to the fullest every day. I'm not as strong as her, but trying to make her proud!

• maryjv

JRNJ-love the pic! So beautiful! Flat pancake ha!! That is the best description I’ve heard so far! I have a really nice perky boob and a flat pancake! A bra picks it up nicely ha! So sorry about the scare and the never ending roller coaster! I too have had scares along the way…one day at a time! And I think you make your friend proud! Everyday!! Sending all my love!!!