Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Has anyone refused or stopped Xgeva and Zometa??

Options
13»

Comments

• flyingkites
    flyingkites Member Posts: 9
    Options

Yep. The day after my first Zometa (Oct 2019) infusion was miserable. So much pain, fever...basically flu like. My next infusion in December was much better. I was told to take Ibuprofen every 4 hours the day before and the day of and perhaps after. Also the nurse told me to take a Claritin. I have never had that problem since. Maybe try that if you do it again.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

Nah...I i quit it bc of the long term effects...after I saw more than 2 women with broken necks....If you read back 2 pages you will see what I said about it.

• cracks
    cracks Member Posts: 2
    Options

here's my 2 cents....I've been going to Sloan Kettering since 2004. Over the years, I've noticed there are are far less women in the waiting room with walkers and wheelchairs than we I first started this journey.....noticeably less. I asked my MO if she noticed that and she said yes, it's because of Zometa, Xgeva.....now fast forward 16 years. Now I'm the one with all the mets, and I just started it this week. My point is, I think it has huge benefits for advanced cancer in regards to bone breaks, but the key is to not start it too soon.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

cracks yes...I agree totally that's why I stopped it...because my bone mets were not extensive yet and when I was getting it I only had 2 bone mets. My MO agreed we can wait on it.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

I’ve been off it since January for my dental work. And probably will be off for more months. I am happy to have a break.